Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    com3 wrote:
    just a quick heads up, but the dark text prolly won't show up on the cards...or be so faint no one will ever notice it.

Ya, i'm aware of that... that's sort of the idea... i dont want that text overpowering anything...so if it's faint, that that will be fine...if it doesnt come out, no big deal :D ... maybe i'll raise the opacity a tiny little bit, we'll see :)
  • Options
    jeffsanjuanjeffsanjuan Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Hey Raphy.....love that night shot. I also like the faint words and how you cut them off. Also, the faint part is key, but I would try to find the balance to where it does in fact show through. Otherwise it would seem you intentionally create an unnecessary void.....so lettem see it....it's nice! Great job...I'll post mine. =)
    ..:: cut from a different cloth ::..

..:: 5ive Star Studios ::..

40D Gripped | 40D back-up | 580ex II | 580ex II back-up | 24-70mm 2.8L | 70-200mm 2.8L IS | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 50mm f/1.4
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    5ive_Star_BUSINESS_CARD_1_FRONT_SAM.jpg?t=1231307179

5ive_Star_BUSINESS_CARD_1_BACK_SAMP.jpg?t=1231308520

40D Gripped | 40D back-up | 580ex II | 580ex II back-up | 24-70mm 2.8L | 70-200mm 2.8L IS | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 50mm f/1.4
  • Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Jeff, really like the second one. Looks like a high end photographer's creditial - photographer for the rich and famous.rolleyes1.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    Jeff, really like the second one. Looks like a high end photographer's creditial - photographer for the rich and famous.rolleyes1.gif
    Thanks, Clemens!

That was my exact intent when I set out to design the front (1st picture). I wanted to go "grand". The made the 1st graphic the front of the card to lend me an opportunity and moment to interact. The ornate framing was actually a photo of a part of a mirror in my living room....my wife picked it!

Your compliments to the 2nd one is very much appreciated. =)

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,261 moderator
    edited January 7, 2009
    Your compliments to the 2nd one is very much appreciated.
    I find the text on the 2nd one to be very difficult to read. The background graphic is just too distracting.
    Obscuring your web site, email address, and phone number doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

--- Denise
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    5ive_Star_BUSINESS_CARD_1_FRONT_SAM.jpg?t=1231307179

dat's ballin, yo! i'm fin ta get us a bottle of cryst-al 'fo we get our club on!
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    com3 wrote:
    dat's ballin, yo! i'm fin ta get us a bottle of cryst-al 'fo we get our club on!
    What does this mean please ?
    Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    I find the text on the 2nd one to be very difficult to read. The background graphic is just too distracting.
    Obscuring your web site, email address, and phone number doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

--- Denise
    That's quite all right Denise. Many, maybe even most would make that comment, and that's "quite all right". You're right where too much would create clutter and distraction....but not always is this harmful. I'm the Creative Director of a design firm where I even encourage the same technique on many of our marketing promotions. With this, we aim for high aesthetic appeal with the intent of creating art that will even *require* a 2nd glance.

Even if one had to find it, we succeeded in grabbing their attention. This isn't a billboard on the side of a Greyhound Bus whizzin' by. It's something I handed to someone....trust me, this particular card would not get thrown out because it wasn't black on white.

P.S.- I've been to Andover, MA...I have friends there. Nice area....you must live in a castle, huh? =D

• Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    caroline wrote:
    What does this mean please ?
    Caroline

uh... it's a silly way of saying "that's nice; i like it. it looks upscale."
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    com3 wrote:
    Aaaah, so it was English :-) Sorry, I'm in the UK and I just couldn't get it, thanks for explaining.
    Caroline

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    com3 wrote:
    Good looks, Com! I was actually lookin' forward to droppin' a bottle of goose up in the vipizzle, Son Son!

• Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    Good looks, Com! I was actually lookin' forward to droppin' a bottle of goose up in the vipizzle, Son Son!

werd.

seriously tho, i really like that design... i just may have to use a similar idea for something...if you don't mind, of course. :D
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    C'mon guys, you are taking the ***** here rolleyes1.gif

Caroline

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    com3 wrote:
    werd.

seriously tho, i really like that design... i just may have to use a similar idea for something...if you don't mind, of course. :D

If you're makin' original designs and it's just inspiration, I don't mind at all, Homie....I'd be flattered.

• Options
    J PerezJ Perez Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 7, 2009
    J Perez Imagery
    Plain, simple, and clean...

450767188_nPCkF-M.jpg
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Ok, so I'm really excited. Just got my business cards. UPS was a little slow, they usually come by around 5 and they didn't come till 7. Anyways, they look AMAZING! Thanks for all the help with my design everybody!

I HIGHLY recommend www.GotPrint.com They are very fast, inexpensive, and the quality is SUPERB! I paid $13 for 1000 cards, $22 with shipping from California to Wisconsin. Not bad when it would cost me about $60 locally for 500!

Now I just gotta get a business card holder, and 1000 people to give them out to!
    Jer
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,462 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Ok, so I'm really excited. Just got my business cards. UPS was a little slow, they usually come by around 5 and they didn't come till 7. Anyways, they look AMAZING! Thanks for all the help with my design everybody!

I HIGHLY recommend www.GotPrint.com They are very fast, inexpensive, and the quality is SUPERB! I paid $13 for 1000 cards, $22 with shipping from California to Wisconsin. Not bad when it would cost me about $60 locally for 500!

Now I just gotta get a business card holder, and 1000 people to give them out to!

Laughing.gif!!

Did you remove the border before you ordered them? How about a picture of the card?
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    i just spent the last 20 mins making these...

EDIT// just ordered up 100 of em in heavy card stock with rounded corners + glossy... we'll see how they turn out. :D

front:

451505471_xRiQD-L.jpg

back:

451505541_WEYdK-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    cindieyecindieye Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 9, 2009
    Cindi with an Eye
    311501122_G6AmC-M.jpg

This is the front of my card on the back is my contact info. It's an oversized card which I love. My husband is a RockStar Graphic Artist and deserves all the credit for naming my business and illustrating "Cindi Cyclops." Hip hip hooray www.kipcreative.com thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    cindieye wrote:
    311501122_G6AmC-M.jpg

This is the front of my card on the back is my contact info. It's an oversized card which I love. My husband is a RockStar Graphic Artist and deserves all the credit for naming my business and illustrating "Cindi Cyclops." Hip hip hooray www.kipcreative.com thumb.gif
    Man, Cindi (with an I of course)....I love it! The concept and everything behind it. I checked out your husband's work....and though I too am a RockStar Designer, man is he Bad~Ass!!!....very original concepts.....very impressed. Wish I thought of 1/2 of those myself! =D

• Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    Laughing.gif!!

Did you remove the border before you ordered them? How about a picture of the card?

yes, I did remove the border. It would've been cut off probably so I'm glad you guys yelled at me to take it off. how about a picture of the box of business cards? lol

451924000_iSqpG-L.jpg

451924027_yJA9e-L.jpg
    Jer
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,462 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    yes, I did remove the border. It would've been cut off probably so I'm glad you guys yelled at me to take it off. how about a picture of the box of business cards? lol

:D

Looks good Jeremy...hope you do well! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    Love the Cindi card ! Awesome ! and Jeremy, nice card, simple and clean !
  • Options
    Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    I'm sure its in one of the MANY pages on this thread, but where do people get their business cards printed at? I've heard great things about whcc.com, I've got some card samples from them and they look to be good quality. Just curious where people are getting them printed at and what's the best/cheapest out there.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    I found vistaprint to be pretty good...and considering usually shipping to Canada makes-it-or-breaks-it for me, vistaprint is quite reasonable. Keep in mind they try to sell you EVERYTHING... so u just need to resist...also lookup coupon codes for even bigger discounts.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    I'm sure its in one of the MANY pages on this thread, but where do people get their business cards printed at? I've heard great things about whcc.com, I've got some card samples from them and they look to be good quality. Just curious where people are getting them printed at and what's the best/cheapest out there.

Thanks!

I got mine through www.gotprint.com and my cards look amazing. they're really inexpensive too if you low budget like myselfthumb.gif
    Jer
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009

Thanks!

i use overnightprints.com ...not the cheapest (nor most expensive), but i've been very happy with their product for several years now. card stock is perfect...rounded corners options... plus you can ALWAYS find coupon codes. thumb.gif
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    I thought I had already posted these here, but apparently I haven't (at least not that I could find)

4 different fronts... All in pearle with a UV coat on the front. With the exception of the first one, which is simply a gloss with a UV coat to give the darks a real rich feel.
    The pearle paper is thicker than glossy paper at WHCC, fyi. ;)

Front_1.jpg

Front_2.jpg

Front_3.jpg

Front_4.jpg

And then the common back... in uncoated so that I can write messages to people in the copious blank space.

Back.jpg

Comments or critique is going to be a little late for this run, but I only got around 150 total so it'll help me out in the long run...
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.
  • Options
    Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    These were all through whcc.com? How did you design these with the software that they provide for you to download? I couldn't figure out how to do anything with that software. I'm looking to put multiple pictures and company name on one side and contact info and services on back side, or something. I'd have to play with it. But could not figure out their software for the life of me.

Are these other places people have recommended easily customizable to create your own card?