Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    ClubFlysClubFlys Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    definitely to the point. not flashy which says to me, "why waste time on a flashy card when i can put the energy and effort towards my craft instead"
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,459 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    I'm too lazy to upload it to my smugmug... so i'm attaching it. Heres the guy's business card. Its nothing special... but it gets its job done. And thats to get his name out, what he shoots and to give people a way to contact him.

It's not as bad as I thought...I've seen much worse!
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2009
    Since I finally decided to separate my personal/backpacking/car (The Backcountry) website to my new photography-only website, I needed to re-design my logo and business card. It's kind of funny...I've designed several logos for others, but I had a hard time with mine. Luckily for me, I have a good friend that is a graphic designer/photographer/backpacker. He helped me refine it a bit...

BusinessCard.jpg
  • Options
    Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Since I finally decided to separate my personal/backpacking/car (The Backcountry) website to my new photography-only website, I needed to re-design my logo and business card. It's kind of funny...I've designed several logos for others, but I had a hard time with mine. Luckily for me, I have a good friend that is a graphic designer/photographer/backpacker. He helped me refine it a bit...

BusinessCard.jpg

Is this in some way religious? That was my first impression. Don't know if that's what you're going for or not.
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2009
    Is this in some way religious?
    Yes.
    That was my first impression.
    Good, it was my intention. thumb.gif
    Don't know if that's what you're going for or not.
    Yes.
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Yes.

Yes.

I like your new card alot more than your other one you had posted on here a lil while back.
    Jer
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2009
    Yes.

Yes.

Well, for me, I would say that unless your business has to do with your religion, then I'd leave it separate. I think you might limit your clientele by combining the two if they have nothing to do with each other.

BUT...that's just my .02.
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2009
    Well, for me, I would say that unless your business has to do with your religion, then I'd leave it separate. I think you might limit your clientele by combining the two if they have nothing to do with each other.

BUT...that's just my .02.

My clientele are not looking to hire a photographer. I take nature/landscape /wildlife pictures and go to different arts and craft shows and showcase my website...."after the fact". Different market so to speak.

Thanks for your concern though. :D
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2009
    My clientele are not looking to hire a photographer. I take nature/landscape /wildlife pictures and go to different arts and craft shows and showcase my website...."after the fact". Different market so to speak.

Thanks for your concern though. :D

Gotchya... Well all the luck then!
  • Options
    RewenRewen Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2009
    Business Card Advice!
    Hey everyone, I am pretty new here.
    My website has been up and running for awhile, and I figured its about time for me to look at doing some business cards.
    I really want to do them myself, but slowly realizing that its going to be harder than I thought.
    Anyway, I spoke to my web designers who happily informed me that I own all of the content on my site that they created for me, and I was hoping that some of you great minds on here could help me figure out what kind of business card I could make.
    Web link is at the bottom here, please take a look around and let me know if any ideas pop up on business card ideas.

Thanks!
    Rachel Ewen Photography

www.rachel-ewen.com

• Options
    edited February 24, 2009
    One good idea, and what I just did to create my business cards, what just get your header from your page, or design a new one if you'd like (although that'd be more difficult), and open up a blank document in PS, a little larger than the size of the printed business card, and start typing, and putting in pictures or grafics or whatever and making them smaller to fit. It took me some time, but I made it how I wanted it. Then I just saved it as a jpg, and uploaded to the company that printed my cards (www.whcc.com, AMAZING quality and price, + fast 2 day free shipping, and a tootsie roll pop), and clicked order.

Just gotta be creative in the design process in PS. I'm not extremely familiar with PS, but all you'll be doing is fairly basic stuff. Unless you want to create custom grafics, then you'll need like Illustrator or something.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2009
    Ok....I looked at your site.....different and very nice....but my 1 crit is it is more like a blog and you have have blog....but your site is more like a blog rather than a PRO site to peruse for samples of your work........more on this later......

Business cards: Whom (dang or is it who.....) do you want to target. Prospective brides or high school seniors or family portrait business or fine art buyers.......if the later use pics like what are on your home page......nice nature type stuff.......but if you want to attract the paying customer for portraits and weddings, well then use pics from weddings and portrait sessions.....did or are going to do a few family session.....shoot a couple of singles of the daughters and sons especially if they look old enuff to possilbly be a HS senior......I use PS to do some of my cards and I have an actual business form software called Office Printer from MossBay software....inexpensive and works great for making your own cards.......I am also looking at a company called GotPrint.com ......you design and upload they print......10,000 B-cards for $80 U.S. ........it would be worth your while to ask for a sample pack which they will gladly send.

I also bought a b-card cutter off ebay for under $50 U.S. for when I just want to make some custom cards and only want 100-1000.....takes more time for my 9yr old printer to print them than for me to cut them.......

HTH
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Village IdiotVillage Idiot Registered Users Posts: 215 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    My current business card
    I decided the minimalist didn't suit this time around.

I was going to have Moo.com do them, but when I add the image to the read it's larger than the card even though the rear image is the exact same size as the front. I have to find a company to print them now.

Meh...just noticed I have to fix the type on the rear and work with the letter colors. That's an easy fix though.

Any whosizzle, front:
    3310659106_ef77b9724c_o.jpg

Rear:
    3309830599_3beb60b507_o.jpg
    On a scale of 1 to 10, my awesomeness goes all the way to 11.
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2009
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2009
    Art, why on earth would you ever need 10,000 b-cards? lol. yeah, I used gotprint.com my cards are really good. got 1,000 of them for $13wings.gifalthough I didn't get a tootsie roll pop with mine :cry.
    Jer
  • Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    I just had some business cards done through gotprint.com and they look great. 5,000 for $58 (with s&h).
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    soloshootersoloshooter Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    The Bizness
    494882132_wTuhC-XL.jpg

deal.gifdeal.gifdeal.gif

Thanks for looking, tell me what you think!
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2009
    Thanks for looking, tell me what you think!

Looks, good... although its really hard to see it... could you post a bigger version? or edit your last post, and replace it with a larger one? I may be using a 32" HDTV for a monitor, but that picture looks tiny...
    Jer
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    Art, why on earth would you ever need 10,000 b-cards?

Why......for advertising........I am actually re-starting a business and in the past I used local printers with lag times like 2 weeks and they weren't the cheap printers either......so this time around I do not want to ever be out of cards and with over 100 card holders spread across town, it doesn't take long to use them up in a hurry.......also I will be spreading them into neighboring towns.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited March 20, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Why......for advertising........I am actually re-starting a business and in the past I used local printers with lag times like 2 weeks and they weren't the cheap printers either......so this time around I do not want to ever be out of cards and with over 100 card holders spread across town, it doesn't take long to use them up in a hurry.......also I will be spreading them into neighboring towns.

I suppose if you're giving alot of cards to several businesses it makes sense...

a little off topic but.. I'm happy, I finally calibrated my HDTV last night... yesterday I had some pictures printed to hang in my room, and on my screen it looked perfect and bright. When I looked at the prints they were dark, and heavily saturated... So I said forget this... I'm done guessing, I'm calibrating this... popped in Santa Claus 2, and used the THX Optimizer to calibrate it lol. Although its not really professional, its better than what it was before.
    Jer
  • Options
    dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    I just made my first business card and was going for the simple but elegant look. I hope I pulled it off.

9BNH0.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    I just made my first business card and was going for the simple but elegant look. I hope I pulled it off.

Very simple... I like it. The fact that you don't have any other contact method but your website is a good marketing strategy to get them to visit your website.
    Jer
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2009
    Very simple... I like it. The fact that you don't have any other contact method but your website is a good marketing strategy to get them to visit your website.

Thanks. That's exactly what I was thinking. I put a few "teaser" images on the card as an attempt to lure them into visiting. If they would like to contact me, I've got the info on my website.
    I'm really new to this whole marketing thing but that's kind of the idea I was after. I've only had a Smugmug account for about a month and I've found there is sure a lot of work that goes into promoting it!
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    Thanks. That's exactly what I was thinking. I put a few "teaser" images on the card as an attempt to lure them into visiting. If they would like to contact me, I've got the info on my website.
    I'm really new to this whole marketing thing but that's kind of the idea I was after. I've only had a Smugmug account for about a month and I've found there is sure a lot of work that goes into promoting it!

I'm doing a double major in Marketing and Photography... So, I know a bit about marketing stuff. And yes, it is hard especially if you dont have money to advertise... I've had my smugmug since early december'ish... I've only done word of mouth because I can't afford anything other than that. lol
    Jer
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2009
    I'm doing a double major in Marketing and Photography... So, I know a bit about marketing stuff. And yes, it is hard especially if you dont have money to advertise... I've had my smugmug since early december'ish... I've only done word of mouth because I can't afford anything other than that. lol

Haha then yes, I'll give you credit for knowing what you're talking about. I'm kind of on the other side of the spectrum with a major in the sciences. I've been talking to some of my friends who are business majors and they've given me some good advice so far.

Just like you, I don't have much money to spend on marketing so I've been relying heavily on word-of-mouth. The only money I've spent so far was placing an order for 1,000 business cards yesterday (with the above design). I've been joining forums left and right, trying to get my name out there. I've also created a Facebook group and have gotten several of my friends to invite their friends and it's grown to about 150 people in the 4 days it has been in existence.

What are some of the methods you are using? I'm still trying to come up with new ideas so any tips would really help! :D
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    What are some of the methods you are using? I'm still trying to come up with new ideas so any tips would really help! :D

I have an ad on Craigslist.org (free) and on my facebook and myspace in my status it says www.WinterbergPhotography.com, word of mouth, I have some business cards at my work to give to people if they need a photographer and the studio is busy when they need it, I have some brochures that I hand out...

Eventually I want to place an ad in the newspaper, and get my phone number listed in the phone book for a photography studio (not quite sure how to do that, I'm sure its easy though).

but yeah, I just tell everyone I meet that I'm a photographer pretty much, and give them my card and tell them to recomend me to people if they wouldn't mind.
    Jer
  • Options
    kerrbear76kerrbear76 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    My card
    newly designed. Don't mind the white border on the left, that was done for spacing reasons, when printed it is centered.
    vertexample.jpg
    Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired- Robert Frost
  • Options
    sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Business Card...New Design...want C&C
    This redesign is long over due! I'd love to get some feedback on the new design. Love em or hate em...just be honest. Pick your favorite and let me know. Thanks!

1. Front
    1._front_01.jpg

1. Back
    2._back_01.jpg

2. Front
    3._front_02.jpg

2. Back
    4._back_02.jpg

3. Front
    5._front_03.jpg

3. Back
    6._back_03.jpg

4. Front
    7._front_04.jpg

4. Back
    8._back_04.jpg

5. Front
    9._front_05.jpg

5. Back
    10_back_05.jpg
    edited March 27, 2009
    Wow, these were nicely done. Very professional looking.
    If I had to choose favorites, they would be #1 (back) and #5 (front). It would be cool to see these combined as one card.

I'm bothered by both the front and back of #2 because the text overlaps the wave. I'd prefer if you could move it slightly or maybe shrink it down. Other than that, I really like these. thumb.gif
  • Options
    kerrbear76kerrbear76 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    kerrbear76 wrote:
    newly designed. Don't mind the white border on the left, that was done for spacing reasons, when printed it is centered.
    vertexample.jpg
    The back has all my info on it, just didn't want to post that .
    Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired- Robert Frost