Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    kerrbear76 wrote:
    The back has all my info on it, just didn't want to post that .
    well, I suppose if we knew what (specifically)kind of photography you do it would help a bit. What I'm getting from this is you do family/children portraits (especially since your profile says you're a mom)... images with care (is that how you pronounce kerr?), is care what you're implying with this? ... I'm assuming this because you used alot of hearts.

now that I'm done assuming... if its for what I guessed, I like it. I think that mother's will see your card and will think, "aww I want a picture with my son like that"... so I think its good. I think you should let us take a look at the back too. *if you dont want us to know your information, then just change it in your image editor and post a "dummy" version of the back*
    Jer
  • Options
    kerrbear76kerrbear76 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    well, I suppose if we knew what (specifically)kind of photography you do it would help a bit. What I'm getting from this is you do family/children portraits (especially since your profile says you're a mom)... images with care (is that how you pronounce kerr?), is care what you're implying with this? ... I'm assuming this because you used alot of hearts.

now that I'm done assuming... if its for what I guessed, I like it. I think that mother's will see your card and will think, "aww I want a picture with my son like that"... so I think its good. I think you should let us take a look at the back too. *if you dont want us to know your information, then just change it in your image editor and post a "dummy" version of the back*

Well this is a case of assuming not making an *#& out of you and me just me Laughing.gif, Yes I am a portrait photographer specializing in family and children. Yes it is pronounced Images with Care (my name is Kerri, so a play on my name). Here is the Back with just the phone number altered:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/KerrBear219/CardtoShow.jpg
    Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired- Robert Frost
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2009
    kerrbear76 wrote:
    Well this is a case of assuming not making an *#& out of you and me just me Laughing.gif, Yes I am a portrait photographer specializing in family and children. Yes it is pronounced Images with Care (my name is Kerri, so a play on my name). Here is the Back with just the phone number altered:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/KerrBear219/CardtoShow.jpg

I like it. I think it really speaks alot about who you are and the kind of photography you do.

I especially like your logo with the undercase k. I wish W looked good like that, but then you could sue me for taking your idea.
    Jer
  • Options
    Diamond DDiamond D Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2009
    Business Card opinions please
    I know this thread appears from time to time, so thanks for bearing with me. I'm looking for opinions on the overall layout, the image, and the text.

The purpose of this card is to have something with my gallery link and email address on it to give to all the people who strike up a conversation with me while I'm taking photos. This way they can browse a gallery from a concert they were at, a sporting event, etc. I have sold a number of landscape prints, and with an increased ability to connect with those interested in my shots, I think I could increase those numbers a bit. I do not have any aspirations of booking jobs, etc, at the moment so no need for phone number.

As far as the design goes, this is my first time doing this. This is one of my concert images I most like, however I realize that I may be overestimating how clear the image is as a "concert photo" because it's mine and I like it. If there are lots of negative opinions, I am not against dropping it and just going with a more plain background. Thank you for your comments and criticisms!

PhotoBusinessCard.jpg
    http://diamondd.smugmug.com

Nikon D80
    Nikkor 50mm/f1.8, 18-135/f3.5-5.6, 70-300VR/f4-5.6
    Tokina 11-16/f2.8
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2009
    Diamond D wrote:
    I know this thread appears from time to time, so thanks for bearing with me. I'm looking for opinions on the overall layout, the image, and the text.

The purpose of this card is to have something with my gallery link and email address on it to give to all the people who strike up a conversation with me while I'm taking photos. This way they can browse a gallery from a concert they were at, a sporting event, etc. I have sold a number of landscape prints, and with an increased ability to connect with those interested in my shots, I think I could increase those numbers a bit. I do not have any aspirations of booking jobs, etc, at the moment so no need for phone number.

As far as the design goes, this is my first time doing this. This is one of my concert images I most like, however I realize that I may be overestimating how clear the image is as a "concert photo" because it's mine and I like it. If there are lots of negative opinions, I am not against dropping it and just going with a more plain background. Thank you for your comments and criticisms!

Although I love the Trajan Pro font... I think you should change it. Either keep Freelance Photography in it, or keep what you shoot in it. Your site and email are fine if you keep it in all small caps.

I think the picture is good, it speaks Concert Photographer to me.

For a "Check out some of the work I've done and buy my prints" card I think it works perfect. It kinda looks like the guitarist is singing your information... funny
    I keep this thread in my subscriptions so that I can give my advice when its needed and wanted.
    Jer
  • Options
    CAphotosCAphotos Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    Showing mine! ;)
    simple & clean with rounded corners

for the back I have 2 versions white/black backgrounds
    bus card .jpg
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2009
    CAphotos wrote:
    simple & clean with rounded corners

for the back I have 2 versions white/black backgrounds
    bus card .jpg

looks good, the only thing I would change is the email. info@cassidyanton.com looks professional... but not personal. Almost like their email will get an auto response from an outsourced email center in India instead of a reply from you.
    Jer
  • Options
    markjtrickeymarkjtrickey Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    Business Card
    Hi All,

This is my first swag at it. Probably needs some more detail about me etc.

512865018_rZtCU-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2009
    Hi All,

This is my first swag at it. Probably needs some more detail about me etc.

Have your contact information all in the same location... take your name and email address and have it down by your website. Also change the fonts so that your business' name is one font, and contact info is another. Cute puppy btw... I love huskies (I think this is a husky?).

By moving this information you're creating better eye flow for your card. They'll start at your business name, work their way to the puppy, and then down to your contact information.

Try it, if you hate it, sue me... (please don't. I just bought a 50D and cannot afford a law suit right now lol) ...post the new version if you want to, and hopefully more people will join in on helping out with these cards.

Overall, not bad for a first swag at it. You should go back a few pages (prolly around 8-12 pages back.. maybe more...) and look at my horrible card and what I ended up with in the end.
    Jer
  • Options
    BobbyMarshallBobbyMarshall Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    I consider this more along the lines of a contact card, rather than a business card. I have a year or two before I plan on getting a LLC going for myself; still many things I want to accomplish before starting. But in the mean time, I want something to hand to people who ask me about photographs at events, etc..

This is the design I submitted to gotprint.com for my order today.

Front:
    513583297_xaUo5-L.jpg

Back:
    513583379_UnTLu-L.jpg

p.s. if you happen to go to my site. it has just been set up, and I am learning about smugmug customizing, etc. whenever I have time available. I will not be handing out the cards until I at least get the site a little more presentable.
    Canon 50D | EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS | 70-200 f/2.8L IS
    2x White Lightning x1600 | 580 EXII
    Sekonic L-358 | 2x Pocket Wizard II | TC-80N3 Remote Shutter

• Options
    edited April 16, 2009
    I consider this more along the lines of a contact card, rather than a business card. I have a year or two before I plan on getting a LLC going for myself; still many things I want to accomplish before starting. But in the mean time, I want something to hand to people who ask me about photographs at events, etc..

This is the design I submitted to gotprint.com for my order today.

Front:

Back:

p.s. if you happen to go to my site. it has just been set up, and I am learning about smugmug customizing, etc. whenever I have time available. I will not be handing out the cards until I at least get the site a little more presentable.

Like I said earlier... with the info@bobbymarshall.com its fine, but its a little less personal. If I were you, change the email adress... and when gotprint.com asks for you to confirm it, change it to bobby@bobbymarshall.com or something along the lines of that. but if you're set on info... whatever... It don't matta to me.

Overall, good contact card.

I myself am holding off on getting a business license and all that fun legal crap you gotta do, for about 4 more years...
    Jer
  • Options
    mandamanda Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Hi all,

This is intended as a 'calling card' over a business one (as I don't intend to go professional).

I've tried to go through this thread - have I got the dimensions correct:
    image size - 1125 by 675 px, 300 resolution, CYMK mode
    Font size - the smallest is 8 pt which seems too small!!

EDIT - I've changed the top line to 14pt and the addresses to 10pt.

My actual email address is exactly the same length as the website, but I'm shy & have used 'example' for the world-wide-web!!

Any feedback would be gratefully received!
    3447533454_b1ee42828c.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2009
    Like I said earlier... with the info@bobbymarshall.com its fine, but its a little less personal. If I were you, change the email adress... and when gotprint.com asks for you to confirm it, change it to bobby@bobbymarshall.com or something along the lines of that. but if you're set on info... whatever... It don't matta to me.

Overall, good contact card.

I myself am holding off on getting a business license and all that fun legal crap you gotta do, for about 4 more years...

Thanks for the comments.

I also thought of using bobby@bobbymarshall.com; but honestly I thought that had my name on the card way too many times, that is one of the reasons I went with info@.

I understand what you are saying that using my name instead of info would make it more personal, and I spent about 3 weeks sitting on the design considering that and other options. But, I think that it is already pretty personal as it is on other areas of the card besides the part of the email before the @. I would understand using my name in the first part of the email if I were using a company or DBA name instead of my own name(eg. bobby@smugmug.com). The front of the card says who I am, and also the domain name. The info@ as I see it just lets people know that they can ask any questions to that email. The thing that I was most hesitant about was putting my phone number on the card. I would rather people contact me through email, but I do understand that at some point a verbal contact may be needed.

• Options
    edited April 16, 2009
    manda wrote:
    Hi all,

This is intended as a 'calling card' over a business one (as I don't intend to go professional).

I've tried to go through this thread - have I got the dimensions correct:
    image size - 1125 by 675 px, 300 resolution, CYMK mode
    Font size - the smallest is 8 pt which seems too small!!

EDIT - I've changed the top line to 14pt and the addresses to 10pt.

My actual email address is exactly the same length as the website, but I'm shy & have used 'example' for the world-wide-web!!

Any feedback would be gratefully received!
    Hi,

most places that print business cards have templates which you can download that have the size, resolution, color mode, and bleed areas set for their printing process. You can also request samples from them that contain some of the different types of paper, etc. you can order the cards on.

From what I have read (not from personal experience) placing images or borders close to the edge may not come out exactly as you wish. This is due to the cutting of the cards, borders may be a little uneven. So, if you use the templates that the companies provide, this may help get the card closer to your liking.

this link is from the place I just ordered through, and all their templates. I am sure other companies have similar downloads.
    http://gotprint.net/g/showStaticPage.do?page=download_templates.html

Other than that, I like your design, It is clean. But what about the back of the card, do you just plan on leaving it blank? the price difference between one and two sided cards is close to nothing, if there is any price difference at all.

• Options
    edited April 16, 2009
    yeah, and gotprint.com (I went through them as well) is extremely cheap and amazing quality. I paid like $20 for 1000 cards (something like that). I just have a one sided card that way if need be I can write a note on the back for them.

Bobby, I understand and I agree with the info@... you do have your name on the card too much, and so bobby@bobbymarshall.com would almost make you seem full of yourself or something like that.

And the phone number thing, sometimes people don't have access to a computer (some people just do not like technology ne_nau.gif ) So, a phone number is the only way those people would be able to contact you, well... theres also snail mail, or having the FBI track you down for a face to face conversation... or telecommunication... headscratch.gif

anyways yep.

manda, I like your design... I'm getting a vibe that it was from a template, because I think I've seen those circles somewhere before eek7.gif .... but yes, what bobby said is correct, you have to be careful with the edges. If you do have a border, make sure its not even close to the edges. From what you have, I would even bring it in more, and have more of the circles showing... because alot of those are gonna get chopped off in the automatic cutters they use.
    Jer
  • Options
    mandamanda Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Thanks so much for your suggestions - the link is excellent and the suggestion to remove the boarder was flagged up by the website also!

Jeremy - the circles are from http://www.obsidiandawn.com/ rolleyes1.gif
    I also created other cards (not posted) using vectors from this site: http://www.freevectordownload.com/index.html

Bobby
    - for what its worth, I think your card is perfect - clean, simple and the email address is professional. Most people understand that 'info@' is a generic title for businesses.

I think I'll put my card to bed for a month and return to it with fresh eyes.

Good luck with your endeavours!

Mandy
  • Options
    ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    Here is my business card. It's brand new and I got it printed at overnight prints. I highly recommend them. The quality of the card is outstanding!

516058204_uX4m5-M.jpg
    Facebook - Twitter
    Nikon D200, D80, SB600, nikon 50mm 1.8, nikon 18-135 3.5-4.6, nikon 70-200
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2009
    Here is my business card. It's brand new and I got it printed at overnight prints. I highly recommend them. The quality of the card is outstanding!

516058204_uX4m5-M.jpg

Picture isn't showing up ne_nau.gif ... just a big red X
    Jer
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2009
    Picture isn't showing up ne_nau.gif ... just a big red X

should work now!
    Facebook - Twitter
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2009
    should work now!

aww why are your crosshairs killing the puppy... haha

looks good, the only thing I could say for next time you order cards, move your web address down with your email and phone number, it looks like it doesn't belong above your Admit Photography logo.
    Jer
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2009
    I thought about that but personally I like where it's at.
    Facebook - Twitter
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Diamond D wrote:

PhotoBusinessCard.jpg

holy. AWESOME!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    ExposeTheMomentExposeTheMoment Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    My Card
    Front

517944338_GECmf-L-1.jpg

Back

517944314_Efwki-L-2.jpg
    Gary Harfield
    Owner/Photographer
    Expose The Moment

Had a list of gear, now its to long, so lets say I have 2 bags and 15,000 worth of stuff.
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2009
    Front
    Back

Love your card, love your site, love your work.

I'm looking at the border, the symbol, and your studio name, it all matches, looks very professional and eliquent. The info font is a tad informal compared to the other fonts, but its fine how it is.
    Jer
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    Just starting out slowly and building as time and resources permit...
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2009
    Just starting out slowly and building as time and resources permit...

I like it, but I think you overdid the bevels a little bit... also the gradient idk about that. I think maybe if you tried white to black, and a more gradual change... instead of grey to black. I realise that its not perfect quality cause its saved for web, but it kinda looks a little choppy to me.

good start, keep working on it! thumb.gif
    Jer
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,459 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 23, 2009
    Front

Back

you forgot the apostrophe in "life's"
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Here's the card I just made - I had them printed at overnightprints (premium cards). The front has the glossy UV finish, the back does not (so I can write on it).

Front
    518020264_iubML-M.jpg

Back
    522756139_Xu7w6-M.jpg
  • Options
    photographzphotographz Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Anyone tried Zazzle's business cards yet?

http://www.zazzle.com/custom/businesscards

Yup, nice quality, I used them for another business of mine and they are really nice.