Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,459 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    JAMoore wrote:
    I swear, if I see one more business card, logo, etc. in 'papyrus' font, I'm going to go insane.

It's definitely the way-overused font of the decade.

Laughing.gif!!! I agree. Would you believe my first logo used 'Papyrus'! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    It is definitely overused... That and the Trajan Pro font...
    Jer
  • Options
    emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    JAMoore wrote:
    I swear, if I see one more business card, logo, etc. in 'papyrus' font, I'm going to go insane.

It's definitely the way-overused font of the decade.

I used it b/c it was the one that seemed the most elegant while being edgy, if you have other suggestions that equal the same thing i'd love to hear them. Personally I haven't seen many people using it.
  • Options
    shuedinishuedini Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Front:
    shuephotosfrontcopy.png

Back:
    shuephotosbackwebcopy.png

What do you think?
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    I like the concept of using it as a coupon (have considered doing a similar thing myself), but I think the small script font will be extremely difficult to read when printed on a business card. It's a bit difficult even at this size. I'd suggest viewing the card on your monitor at print size before sending anything off, so you can evaluate legibility.
  • Options
    shuedinishuedini Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Mox wrote:
    I like the concept of using it as a coupon (have considered doing a similar thing myself), but I think the small script font will be extremely difficult to read when printed on a business card. It's a bit difficult even at this size. I'd suggest viewing the card on your monitor at print size before sending anything off, so you can evaluate legibility.

Excellent observation. Going back to the drawing board to correct this issue. Thank you!
  • Options
    JdMassaro PhotographyJdMassaro Photography Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 29, 2009
    Here is mine, what do you guys think.

Thanks, Jon

577631947_UosaP-L.jpg
  • Options
    squiddysquiddy Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    Did you do the design yourself? - i like that it's more simplistic, i think we've all agreed on that in the past.

I almost think the photography & graphic design should be together.

Maybe in the left corner your name larger and under it photography & graphic design smaller then your website and phone in the lower right ??

anything on the back?
  • Options
    Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    Jon,

Tricky one this, you're offering to do graphic design so you're really nailing your colours to the mast with your card. Personally I'm not that keen on the graphic or the layout so I probably wouldn't use you for graphic design.

But each to their own, and if that's your style of graphic design then I'm certain others would like it.

Chris
  • Options
    JdMassaro PhotographyJdMassaro Photography Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 3, 2009
    Thanks guys I applicate your comments.
  • Options
    FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2009
    bham wrote:
    Here is a quick redesign. I simplified the numbers and text and cropped the photo to free up some room. Like I said in the seperate thread under big picture, I think you were wasting some space with that photo.

101790277-M.jpg

Of course I didn't use your exact logo, just something quick where it should go.

Is that the Gazebo in Plaistow, NH? That's where I grew up and it looks almost exact to the one behind the Town Hall
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2009
    Here is mine, what do you guys think.

Thanks, Jon

577631947_UosaP-M.jpg

I have to agree with the others, in that the graphic does not represent high quality graphic design work... unless that is the type of graphic design you do.

I like the symbol on there, I just think it needs some spicing up, such as maybe some bevel, and also maybe different colors? red and blue are used alot and the grey isn't speaking "Hey I'm bright and amazing!" to me.

I think the and graphic design part is fine where it is. I know typically I would say, pop it up there with photography, but I think it works.

I suggest purchasing a domain name and not using jdmassaro.smugmug.com ... it just looks improfessional, because a lot of people do not know what smugmug is. I didn't know what it was untill one of my friend's dad who had one showed me his... never even heard about it till then. To people that do know what it is, they'll be saying - "sweet, this guy has a really convenient way for us to see our project and/or purchase proofs... etc..."

Just my $0.02... Its a good card, just needs to be restored a bit to perfection!
    Jer
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    Although my current card is fine, and I still have about 900 left of them, I feel the need to change things up a bit.

Current Card:
    449591233_GwDBf-L.jpg

Here is a new card I'm working on for myself. Debating on having the camera "logo" on the back or not.

Have at me.

Rounded Edges - Color front and Back - UV Front, No coating on back - 14pt card stock - thinking of getting 500-1000

Front:
    584374780_ajVVr-L.jpg

Back:
    584361961_d6ytc-L.jpg

Along with the new cards I will be redesigning my website and smugmug site. I'm going for a more simplistic look now since thats the trend today.

And too many clients know my email address as it is, so I'm not going to change it to one with my domain name instead of charter.net... just to make it clear for those on here that like to challenge that.
    Jer
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    Although my current card is fine, and I still have about 900 left of them, I feel the need to change things up a bit.

Current Card:

Here is a new card I'm working on for myself. Debating on having the camera "logo" on the back or not.

Have at me.

Rounded Edges - Color front and Back - UV Front, No coating on back - 14pt card stock - thinking of getting 500-1000

Front:

Back:

Along with the new cards I will be redesigning my website and smugmug site. I'm going for a more simplistic look now since thats the trend today.

And too many clients know my email address as it is, so I'm not going to change it to one with my domain name instead of charter.net... just to make it clear for those on here that like to challenge that.

IMO I like your current card. thumb.gif

I do like the font of the "new" card better than your current card, but I don't care for the embossing treatment and the box/stroke. Lose the camera on the back of the card. It looks so unprofessional. I would probably lose the Session/Photography notes info. Just keep your website/e-mail/name/phone.
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    IMO I like your current card. thumb.gif

I do like the font of the "new" card better than your current card, but I don't care for the embossing treatment and the box/stroke. Lose the camera on the back of the card. It looks so unprofessional. I would probably lose the Session/Photography notes info. Just keep your website/e-mail/name/phone.

Everything you said I agree with and was thinking it as I posted it on here. It looks alot better with just my contact info on the back.

I was going to have the session info stuff on there because whenever I go to like a doctor or dentist w/e and they give you their business card and on it they have areas where they wrote in your next appointment so you don't forget etc... but I can just write it on there without set places for it.

One thing I don't like about my "current" card is that the back side is UV coated... I thought I didn't have them coated but they are. Sooo in turn I cannot write on the back even. Also I'm getting a tad sick of them because they don't really have a WOW factor to them.

New versions with changes made...

584414066_LSnur-M.jpg
    584415230_Q7ha4-M.jpg
    Jer
  • Options
    mandamanda Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Would any one be able to give me your thoughts on these logos please?

From left to right #1, #2, #3 or #4

thanks Mandy

My tag is 'Amanda Herbert Photography'

watermarks.jpg

Intellectual property rights to: http://99designs.com/contests/24577 which is a fantastic recommendation for logo designs.
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    manda wrote:
    Would any one be able to give me your thoughts on these logos please?

From left to right #1, #2, #3 or #4

thanks Mandy

My tag is 'Amanda Herbert Photography'

Intellectual property rights to: http://99designs.com/contests/24577 which is a fantastic recommendation for logo designs.

I like the two on the left. the top one more than the bottom one but those are my favorite.
    Jer
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    Everything you said I agree with and was thinking it as I posted it on here. It looks alot better with just my contact info on the back.

I was going to have the session info stuff on there because whenever I go to like a doctor or dentist w/e and they give you their business card and on it they have areas where they wrote in your next appointment so you don't forget etc... but I can just write it on there without set places for it.

One thing I don't like about my "current" card is that the back side is UV coated... I thought I didn't have them coated but they are. Sooo in turn I cannot write on the back even. Also I'm getting a tad sick of them because they don't really have a WOW factor to them.

New versions with changes made...

I do like the changes. I think I'd change the font on everything except for your business name. The script font is a bit hard to read. eek7.gif

Why not keep the current 'contact info' font? mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    I do like the changes. I think I'd change the font on everything except for your business name. The script font is a bit hard to read. eek7.gif

Why not keep the current 'contact info' font? mwink.gif
    Because I tried it and it didn't look the greatest... Plus I like this script font because it adds a little modern feel to it.

Ordered 1000 16pt Dull Cover - Matte Finish w/ Rounded Corners UV coated on the front from gotprint.com

Should be alot more professional looking and more "modern" than my old card. Now its time to start on my website... rolleyes1.gif
    Jer
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    Because I tried it and it didn't look the greatest... Plus I like this script font because it adds a little modern feel to it.

Ordered 1000 16pt Dull Cover - Matte Finish w/ Rounded Corners UV coated on the front from gotprint.com

Should be alot more professional looking and more "modern" than my old card. Now its time to start on my website... rolleyes1.gif

Hope you can read the text. Of course my 44 year-old eyes aren't like they used to be! :cry
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    Thanks for your feedback, it is my favorite too if I decide to go conservative!

Here is the suggested card

thanks Mandy (peeps do give any feedback if you spot some thing!)
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    manda wrote:
    Thanks for your feedback, it is my favorite too if I decide to go conservative!

Here is the suggested card

thanks Mandy (peeps do give any feedback if you spot some thing!)

FWIW, I first thought it was 'ALF'.
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    FWIW, I first thought it was 'ALF'.

I guess your 44 year-old eyes are failing you rolleyes1.gif
    Jer
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    Hang on let me check ..................... nope I'm a girl!

But I'm glad you shared that thought, may be others will see ALF too!
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    I guess your 44 year-old eyes are failing you rolleyes1.gif

Yep!rolleyes1.gif

EDIT: My wife (not quite 40 iloveyou.gif ) said 'AH', but agreed that it could say 'ALF'. I do like it regardless.
  • Options
    Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    It could also say Wf. lowercase 'a' and capital 'H' is a wee bit difficult to read, he brain doesn't clock it immediately (at least mine doesn't).

Otherwise it's one of the best cards I've seen on here.
  • Options
    JaeSenJaeSen Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    My New Cards
    I spent several days playing around with how to design my card for my newly developed business. This is what I finally came up with. I already have ordered them, but figured I could still use some honest opinions from my fellow dgrinners. The photo I used is what I have designed my logo/theme around, it is one of my absolute favorites. I wanted the card to be simple, yet elegant. My signature and the "PHOTOGRAPHY" are being foiled for a little added zing. The back is plain white with a place to put "date/time" for an appointment. So what is the verdict?

If you go to my site you will see they pretty much blend with my overall theme. I want all of my stuff to match so it looks more professional and well thought out. All my print packaging, etc. has a black, pink, grey, white scheme to it.

I also had matching postcards made, only difference is the size and that in the black spacing along the left it says

SENIORS
    WEDDINGS
    PROMS
    FAMILIES
    CHILDREN

in the same font as PHOTOGRAPHY, just smaller and in the grey color. I will use those for issuing to seniors at my local high school.

588453386_4Nc7z-M.jpg
    JaeSen
    Winnsboro, TX
    www.jaesenphotography.com
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2009
    JaeSen wrote:
    I spent several days playing around with how to design my card for my newly developed business. This is what I finally came up with. I already have ordered them, but figured I could still use some honest opinions from my fellow dgrinners. The photo I used is what I have designed my logo/theme around, it is one of my absolute favorites. I wanted the card to be simple, yet elegant. My signature and the "PHOTOGRAPHY" are being foiled for a little added zing. The back is plain white with a place to put "date/time" for an appointment. So what is the verdict?

If you go to my site you will see they pretty much blend with my overall theme. I want all of my stuff to match so it looks more professional and well thought out. All my print packaging, etc. has a black, pink, grey, white scheme to it.

I also had matching postcards made, only difference is the size and that in the black spacing along the left it says

SENIORS
    WEDDINGS
    PROMS
    FAMILIES
    CHILDREN

in the same font as PHOTOGRAPHY, just smaller and in the grey color. I will use those for issuing to seniors at my local high school.

I think it looks fine, although I would've changed the embossing on your signature, looks a little too "Hey guys I just bought adobe! (most people refer to photoshop as adobe when they don't know much)"

The tag line, or slogan, is kind of hard to read because of the picture being right there. Maybe its the gradient you have on it?

And I think the contact info should have a little different font than what you have, and maybe even a tad smaller?

Just my opinion - All in all I think its a good starting point, needs some work, but will be fine for now.
    Jer
  • Options
    Mohamed.GhuloomMohamed.Ghuloom Registered Users Posts: 305 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    Here is the front
    Mohamed Photos
    Give a Message
  • Options
    Mohamed.GhuloomMohamed.Ghuloom Registered Users Posts: 305 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    and here is the back

would appreciate any suggestions