Options

New! Picasa Uploader

Comments

• Options
    RichardJohnRichardJohn Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    The cluster is currently being DDoSed. It'll probably be down/slow for the next hour or so.
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2007
    Resolved :)
  • Options
    tonyp126tonyp126 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 18, 2007
    Hi Richard,

I too am having problems with large batches. It seems keeping them to 50 or below solves the problem. It will show them uploading and when the confirmation screen pops up it says 0 images uploaded successfully. Is there a limit imposed by either the uploader or Smugmug?

Just some more info, I was trying this last night at 7pm eastern and this morning from 10 to 11am when I had the problems. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2007
    tonyp126 wrote:
    Hi Richard,

I too am having problems with large batches. It seems keeping them to 50 or below solves the problem. It will show them uploading and when the confirmation screen pops up it says 0 images uploaded successfully. Is there a limit imposed by either the uploader or Smugmug? Thanks!

I think the only thing left for it to be is some kind of timeout issue with Picasaheadscratch.gif. It's not a server timeout, as it increases the timeout for each photo being uploaded. I'll do some more investigation.
  • Options
    AJNadershahiAJNadershahi Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 18, 2007
    Upload problems
    I'm having no luck at all even with uploading just a few images.

It logs me in and allows me to choose the folder to load images to, but the next screen that appears immediately after I press the upload button is blank except for one line of log info that includes "log&err=0&files=0".
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2007
    I'm having no luck at all even with uploading just a few images.

It logs me in and allows me to choose the folder to load images to, but the next screen that appears immediately after I press the upload button is blank except for one line of log info that includes "log&err=0&files=0".

What version of Picasa are you using? It sounds like you're using an old version that doesn't suppoer the method of uploading.
  • Options
    ericviewericview Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 18, 2007
    Picasa Uploader 0 images uploaded
    What version of Picasa are you using? It sounds like you're using an old version that doesn't suppoer the method of uploading.

Hi, I am so glad to see a Picasa -->Smugmug exporter, nice work!
    Unfortunately, it is also resulting in very long wait times (all night last night) and an end result of "0 images remaining" error message, as reported by others.

I am running Picasa Verison 2.7 Build 37.32.0.
    (most recent).

Also, I pointed the upload to an existing album, instead of creating a new one at time of upload.
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2007
    I think yours was probably related to this:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=74009
  • Options
    MWstebbinsMWstebbins Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 18, 2007
    Can't see galleries from Picasa2
    I asked SmugMug this, but they said to ask you guys, and I can't see WERE on the page to start a new thread, so I'm replying to this thread, sorry. Here's my question/problem.

> When I try to use your Picasa Up-loader and try to up-load photos to an existing Gallery, I can
    > NOT fully read the right side of the gallery name because the window is too small and I can NOT
    > re-size the box to read what's in the box. I can read the left side that has the category, but
    > not the left side that has the ending of the gallery names. This renders your Picasa up-loader
    > useless.
    >
    > I have a Category called "Stebbins Historical Photos (not negatives)" with galleries called:
    > Envelope A
    > Envelope B
    > Envelope C
    > Envelope D
    > Envelope E
    > Envelope F etc and I can't tell into which Gallery I'm asking Picasa to put the photos.
    >
    > In the up-loader, all I can read is: "Stebbins Historical Photos (not negatives) Enve"
    >
    > That does not tell me which envelope I am choosing.

Windows VISTA, on a high-end DELL lap top, Log-in name: mwstebbins@yahoo.com

• Options
    edited October 19, 2007

Was using 2.6, so I updated to version 2.7. Now it's working, albiet not with large number of images. Seems if I keep it below 20 it will upload.

Thanks,
  • Options
    KTMartyKTMarty Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 19, 2007
    Problems Uploading mpg file
    I'm usig Picasa2 ver 2.7 Build 37.32 and when I try to upload a mpg file it only show it as jpg. Any ideas what wrong ?

I can upload mpg's using smugmug tools.

Thanks
  • Options
    SimonG156SimonG156 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    The best new Smugmug feature in the 3 years I've been using Smugmug. Fantastic.
    clap.gif
    It would be nice to have the visibility (private or public) set at upload the way Google's own web albums works, that is the only crucial setting - everyhting else can then be customised on Smugmug.

Now if only we could buy our prints in the UK...
  • Options
    adamcadamc Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    Upload problems too
    First - thanks for this plugin. It makes things so much easier. I am also having the upload problem where I get the waiting for response message, and only part of my photos make it into the album. I last tried around 10:00PDT today. I'm now trying again to send the rest of the batch. I hope this info helps debug.

thanks,
    adam
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2007
    I posted this in the API section, but I thought I'd post here as well.

There's a problem with large uploads at the moment. FYI, the limit is 190MB. If you attempt to upload more than this, you'll get a message on the second page, so you don't waste time/bandwidth uploading them all.
    I'm working on getting this fixed, but it'll take a few days.
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2007
    I posted this in the API section, but I thought I'd post here as well.

There's a problem with large uploads at the moment. FYI, the limit is 190MB. If you attempt to upload more than this, you'll get a message on the second page, so you don't waste time/bandwidth uploading them all.
    I'm working on getting this fixed, but it'll take a few days.

Thanks for the update, but I think there might also be something else at play.

At first I could upload about 20 or so images, then it would get progressively worse so that next attempt it would only load about 10 images before failing, then about 5 images. Eventually it settled to where I could only upload 2 or 3 images at a time - much less than 190MB. All the files involved were each between 4-10 megs in size. I even tried this in different sessions, (close smugmug and restart, shutdown computer, etc. etc.)

Thanks for all the effort and for continueing to troubleshoot.
  • Options
    NCalCamperNCalCamper Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 2, 2007
    Picasa Uploader Question
    Hi, I'm trying to migrate my photos from Picasa to Smugmug. I'm using the new loader directly from Picasa and it works well. However, I'm interested in uploading my entire photo collection and, I want to use the folder structure/organization that is in Picasa. Is there a way to do this without having to rename each category/gallery in Smugmug? Thanks in advance. NCC
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2007
    NCalCamper wrote:
    Hi, I'm trying to migrate my photos from Picasa to Smugmug. I'm using the new loader directly from Picasa and it works well. However, I'm interested in uploading my entire photo collection and, I want to use the folder structure/organization that is in Picasa. Is there a way to do this without having to rename each category/gallery in Smugmug? Thanks in advance. NCC

Do you mean picasa Web Albums? If so, then Smugglr will do this for you.
  • Options
    NCalCamperNCalCamper Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 3, 2007
    Do you mean picasa Web Albums? If so, then Smugglr will do this for you.
    No, not the web album, the photo organizing program on my hardrive. I have all of my pictures organized into various named folders that I would like to upload into Smugmug with this organization structure. I don't want to go through my 150+ folders and rename when I upload into Smugmug. Maybe I'm using the uploader incorrectly?

Thanks. NCC

ps. I understand that I would still have to deal with the load issue.
  • Options
    TrixsterTrixster Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 5, 2007
    Hey guys

I am trying to use Picasa but the download on the site is not working. I get this when I try to download it:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Upload photos to SmugMug

However, I have downloaded the main program from google and there is no SmugMug Button to upload. Any info on the problem would be great. Thanks a million!:D
  • Options
    aledophotoaledophoto Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 6, 2007
    Picasa Plug In Rocks, Big Time!
    While I own and use Light Room, Photoshop CS3, and a host of other software for which I have spent a lot of money, I still use Picasa as my main importing program. If you care about the speed of your workflow, Picasa is the way to go. I have been using it since it's pre google days when you had to pay $20 to get it. With it's simple crop, fill light, and color balance features, you can have 400 pictures (my typical upload after a friday night football shoot) ready to send to SmugMug faster than anything out there.

Before, I would have to select and hold the pictures I wanted to upload, then export them to a new folder, and then send to SmugMug. After uploading, I would have go back and delete the exported folder to save hard drive space. This was still faster than any other method for me.

Now, it's all good. My SmugMug workflow is so much faster. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

If the developer takes donations for his work, I would sure donate.

Bradwings.gif

www.bearcatimages.com clap.gif

www.clearforkimages.com:ivar
  • Options
    brodickbrodick Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited November 13, 2007
    I have been using Picasa2 for a while now and find it ideal for organising my photo files, and now I can easily import to Smugmug. However, I am not clear on one point which maybe someone will have tha answer.
    According to Picasa one of my photos has a size of 2MB, but after uploading to Smugmug it seems to have a size of 875k. I can't find anyway of ensuring that the original size is retained. Does Picasa resize pictures, or am I mistaken in believing that it does? I have ensured that the export option is set to retain the original size just in case it has any bearing on the matter, but it doesn't seem to.
    headscratch.gif

Just added a couple more photos, one of which retained its original size but the other was more or less halved. Dimensions remained the same though. Now I am even more confused.
  • Options
    GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    bowdown.gif

Beauty!!!
  • Options
    brodickbrodick Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited November 16, 2007
    clap.gifI think I have the answer. Before uploading to Smugmug you must be sure to save any edits that have been made to the photo in Picassa. Although the editted picture seems to get to Smugmug even if not saved in Picasa, the file size that arrives seems to be a very hit and miss affair.
    Anyway, I can sleep again now.
    wings.gif
  • Options
    redoneredone Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited December 5, 2007
    Unable to upload pictures with uploader
    I have signed up for a trial account of smugmug. I have the latest version of Picasa and have tried (both at home and at work) to upload pictures using the picasa uploader and am having problems.

I attempted to upload 3 high res files (2.4 mb each) and it got about 3.4 way there and the status display just disapeared and the photos did not upload.

I was sucessful in uploading 1 file when i tried it alone.

I have used the other upload options available and have done it fine.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Please help because if I can get this to work I am definately going to sign up for a full account.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2007
    Is this happening every time you try to upload?
    It might just be a one off... it's hosted on shared hosting where I wasn't expecting 20,000 photos a week, so it might be a bit delicate at the moment!
    In the next few weeks, it should be changing to upload directly to SmugMug, which will make it faster, more reliable, and able to handle large uploads.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2007
    Is this happening every time you try to upload?
    It might just be a one off... it's hosted on shared hosting where I wasn't expecting 20,000 photos a week, so it might be a bit delicate at the moment!
    In the next few weeks, it should be changing to upload directly to SmugMug, which will make it faster, more reliable, and able to handle large uploads.

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply. I tried last night from home, this morning from work, and then again tonight from home, no luck!

any ideas, anything i can try?
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2007
    I can't think what could be causing the problem... it sounds like the connection is being interrupted between the 3rd and final step, but that's unlikely as you've tried from 2 locations.
    Are you uploading to an existing album, or creating a new one?
    Also, what security software are you using?
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2007
    I am running windows defender.

I have tried both a new gallery and an existing gallery.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2007
    just tried disabling defender and uploading a folder to a new gallery, no go, it died after about 1 minute.

tried one picture by itself, no go.

:-( this looks like such an awesome feature, i am sad.
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2007
    Windows Defender is an anti-spyware program - are you running a firewall?