Andy,

Are you gone?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    jbee wrote:
    Andy,

Are you gone?
    jbee, I'm here - but this is a community forum :D Lots of folks helping.

Direct support by SmugMug is always fast and immediate at our Help Desk

How can we help you? ear.gif
  • Options
    BobNCBobNC Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 21, 2008
    jbee wrote:
    Andy,

Are you gone?
    Jbee, I saw earlier where you were having a similar problem to mine. I found that an addon to FF, "Adblock Plus" was causing the slideshow to fail. Disabling Adblock did NOT fix the problem. Uninstalling the addon DID fix the problem, and I'm now getting beautiful fullscreen slideshows in FF 3.
  • Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Looking for Shizam's Homepage Slideshow? Right Here.

EDIT (April 9th, 2008): We updated the site to support the latest Adobe Flash version (9,0,124,0). You DO NOT require this version but if you have it or get it, you'll be fine. :)

1. We need to know your installed flash version, for IE (if you use it) and for other browsers. Go to this page at Adobe and tell us the results.

Everything works fine

2. We need to know what browser you are using, and the version, and on what Operating System. E.g., IE6 on WinXP; IE7 on Windows Vista Home Premium; Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Mac OS X 10.5.

FF3, WinXP SP3

3. We need a direct gallery link to where you are having the problem.

http://www.djkennedy.com/gallery/4285232#251291499_i3Uin

4. Tell us if you can use the Full Screen Slideshow here in this gallery.

yes

5. Tell us if you can see the Full Screen Slideshow using this share link.

I get the progress bar, then nothing

6. If you can see #5 and cannot see #4, can you see this? (click the little icon to the right of the movie)

or you can do Adobe's Full Screen test here.
    (click the full screen mode on the left, then let the demo load, then click full screen view button on the movie).

worked fine

7. If you cannot see SmugMug's Full Screen Slideshow, or the Cars Movie Demo in full screen or the Adobe Full Screen Demo in full screen, you may have a hardware issue with full screen. Try disabling hardware acceleration in the flash player.

Some of you may have all the right stuff but have customizing that is getting in the way of your Full Screen Slideshow:
    • modifying the breadcrumb with javascript
    • having the olde javascript slideshow installed still
    Any customizations I have, the video worked fine - just noticed lately it isnt working...FF3 maybe.

Installed - no change

Turned off HARDWARE ACCELERATION - no change.
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    edited June 27, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    FF3, WinXP SP3
    Remove all addons and plugins and try again pls. If you use adblock, especially deinstall that.
  • Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Remove all addons and plugins and try again pls. If you use adblock, especially deinstall that.

Disabled ALL plugins...had already removed ad-blocker (that didnt help anyway)....works fine now...Thanks Andy...

I might try and add a plug in at a time to see which one was the problem...
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    terryterry Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited June 29, 2008
    Hello, I hope you can help me,

I would like my Homepage to be a slide show of my photos. Can you walk me through the process?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    terry wrote:
    Hello, I hope you can help me,

I would like my Homepage to be a slide show of my photos. Can you walk me through the process?
    Check out this tutor, it has step by step instructions.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Check out this tutor, it has step by step instructions.

Thank you Allen, The slideshow is not centered, what should I do to center it?

Also where do I add the code for the boarder
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2008
    terry wrote:
    Thank you Allen, The slideshow is not centered, what should I do to center it?

Also where do I add the code for the boarder

I was able to center need to know where the
    borderThickness: '20',
    borderColor: 'ffffff',
    Goes in the code

Thank you
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2008
    terry wrote:
    I was able to center need to know where the
    Goes in the code

Thank you
    Just put it in the middle somewhere.

showThumbs: 'true',
    showButtons: 'true',

crossFadeSpeed: '350'
    };
  • Options
    slevin11slevin11 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    Newbie Slideshow Question
    Can you take a slide show from another site like photobucket and post it in the bio section of your smug mug page.

The reason I ask is because I want to make a slideshow tht randomly shows all of my photos without having a gallery that my customers can see.

If you have have any creative ideas or advice its highly appreciated.
    smugmug nickname: apointofviewimages
    markmwilson22@aol.com
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2008
    slevin11 wrote:
    Can you take a slide show from another site like photobucket and post it in the bio section of your smug mug page.

The reason I ask is because I want to make a slideshow tht randomly shows all of my photos without having a gallery that my customers can see.

If you have have any creative ideas or advice its highly appreciated.
    You can do this on SmugMug. Post a new thread asking how in the customizing forum so we can help. List your site name and all details, thanks.
  • Options
    adamolszanskiadamolszanski Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2008
    Hello,

recently I've made the slideshow for my home page. Everything works fine besides one thing. More precisely, how can I CENTER my slideshow? I've already made the navbar and banner and they look cool, everything is straight and centered, apart from the slideshow. Besides how can I put it a bit higher and change its position on the homepage?

Here is my website: http://artderien.smugmug.com/

Thanks in advance for you help.

Adam
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2008
    Hello,

recently I've made the slideshow for my home page. Everything works fine besides one thing. More precisely, how can I CENTER my slideshow? I've already made the navbar and banner and they look cool, everything is straight and centered, apart from the slideshow. Besides how can I put it a bit higher and change its position on the homepage?

Here is my website: http://artderien.smugmug.com/

Thanks in advance for you help.

Adam
    Looks like you got it all fixed, right?
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Looks like you got it all fixed, right?

Yep, I decided for the other solution and put only one fixed photo instead of slideshow. I'm not sure whether it is properly centered or not bu so far it looks good :)
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2008
    Hello,

once again the same problem. Again I've decided to put the slideshow with three photos instead of one fixed photo. But again I do not know how to center the slideshow?? Besides, where do I exactly put the following code in my bio in order to make frame border Thickness: '20',
    borderColor: 'ffffff', ... it does not work in my case.

Thanks !!!

Adam
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2008
    Hello,

once again the same problem. Again I've decided to put the slideshow with three photos instead of one fixed photo. But again I do not know how to center the slideshow?? Besides, where do I exactly put the following code in my bio in order to make frame border Thickness: '20',
    borderColor: 'ffffff', ... it does not work in my case.

Thanks !!!

Adam
    You have it in the right place and the border is showing on the slides.
    However the show doesn't run here with the splash you have in there.
    Check and make sure its gallery has external links on and photo is not
    checked "hide".
    This splash photo link shows nothing.
    http://ArtdeRien.smugmug.com/photos/331036972_TxYzB-S.jpg

Using WebDev I removed the splash from the generated flash object code
    and it ran. So code is good except for the splash photo.

Add this to CSS to center the show.

#userBio {text-align: center;}
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    You have it in the right place and the border is showing on the slides.
    However the show doesn't run here with the splash you have in there.
    Check and make sure its gallery has external links on and photo is not
    checked "hide".
    This splash photo link shows nothing.
    http://ArtdeRien.smugmug.com/photos/331036972_TxYzB-S.jpg

Using WebDev I removed the splash from the generated flash object code
    and it ran. So code is good except for the splash photo.

Add this to CSS to center the show.

#userBio {text-align: center;}

Thanks Allen, it works, the slideshow is now perfectly centered :) Concerning my splash, I just accidentally removed the photo from my gallery and thus the link showed nothing. I uploaded it again and it works properly.

Adam
  • Options
    OlgaJOlgaJ Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    After living for a while without the slideshow, I realize now that uninstalling Adblock Plus (not merely disabling) was causing the black screen on both my desktop and laptop Firefox browser.

As I consider Adblock Plus a must have add-on, I have to ask: Will there ever be a fix to this?

Thanks,

Olga
  • Options
    cjccjc Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Change default speed for slideshow view
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks for the feature request!

I would like to "second the motion." It would be great to be able to change the default display speed for the full-screen slideshow. And I have listed some more suggestions below.

This feature would match up very well with my application. On my fundraising website, I publish monthly "Photo Essays" where the caption text is much more imoprtant than the photos. I use the photos to illustrate the text, rather than using the text to explain the photos.

Changing the default speed to "slow" would encourage my viewers to actually read the captions. Forcing this option would be even better (removing the "slow/medium/fast" options). It would also be great to be able to force display of the captions (remove the "Hide Captions" option).

For my monthly photo essay, I used to use a product called JetPhoto Server hosted on my site, but now that SmugMug allows me to force the "Journal" gallery style, I've decided to switch over to SmugMug. Users with broadband can switch to slideshow view.

Here are the pertinent links:
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/5438188_YTvZQ/1
    http://www.missionarycopelandfamily.org/photo-essays

(BTW, comments on the photo essays themselves would be welcome... of course, that discussion doesn't belong in this thread... but after I publish the July essay, which is the first one to use SmugMug, maybe I'll set up a thread for critiques. In the meantime, I welcome personal messages through DGrin.)

Thanks for all the great works guys.

Christopher Copeland
    cjc-abc.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2008
    Caption word wrap in FSSS
    1. We need to know your installed flash version, for IE (if you use it) and for other browsers. Go to this page at Adobe and tell us the results.
    WIN 9,0,124,0

2. We need to know what browser you are using, and the version, and on what Operating System.

Two machines, with identical results:
    Firefox 2.0.16 on Vista Home Premium
    Firefox 3.0 on XP

3. We need a direct gallery link to where you are having the problem.
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/5438188_YTvZQ

4. Tell us if you can use the Full Screen Slideshow here in this gallery.
    Yes

5. Tell us if you can see the Full Screen Slideshow using this share link.
    Yes

I am seeing a problem with word wrap on the captions in FSSS view. The following links will illustrate with one particular photo. I have tried several times to delete and replace the offending captions (using copy and paste or sometimes retyping the captions from scratch). Sometimes this works right away, sometimes it works after several minutes, and sometimes it doesn't seem to work no matter how many times I repeat the procedure. But I'm not sure how the problem originated to begin with--was there a problem with the way I first entered the caption itself, or is this purely a word wrap parsing issue?

The most serious problem is that the last line of the caption gets cut off below the bottom of the display area (i.e., it's not displayed at all). These captions are really important to my application, so this issue is important to me.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/5438188_YTvZQ/3/333096216_mvmEY/Large
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/5438188_YTvZQ/3
    File Name: 2008-07-essay-22

Screen shots in this gallery:
    http://cjc-abc.smugmug.com/gallery/5463089_wtDrs#334007427_DE6HK

Christopher Copeland
    cjc-abc.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2008
    OlgaJ wrote:
    After living for a while without the slideshow, I realize now that uninstalling Adblock Plus (not merely disabling) was causing the black screen on both my desktop and laptop Firefox browser.

As I consider Adblock Plus a must have add-on, I have to ask: Will there ever be a fix to this?

Thanks,

Olga
    Adblock's done something non-standard we think, it's still being investigated, Olga.
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2008
    cjc wrote:
    I am seeing a problem with word wrap on the captions in FSSS view.
    Known bug, will be fixed.
    Sorry!
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2008
    Thanks Andy
    Andy wrote:
    Known bug, will be fixed.
    Sorry!

That's good news! Will I need to do anything to the offending captions, or will they be re-parsed automatically?

BTW, as I was working on this, it reminded me of similar experiences with the PDF maker inside Photoshop Elements. The same thing used to happen there. And in other apps where font mapping is an issue. I think similar display issues can happen when printing in Excel 2003 under certain circumstances. What a hassle.

Glad to know that we're on track to have the problem corrected.
  • Options
    sbresslersbressler Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Rene, it's no different than using prt screen on the keyboard, or any sort of screen grabber software (or cmd-shift-4 on a Mac). Watermark your images if you want to protect further. You can also block sizes if you wish.
    Hi Andy,

A bit of a late response to an old post, but I just embedded a slideshow on an external site and noticed the print on right-click option and really hope there is something more that you can (or Shizam) can do. While I agree watermarking is the only way to really protect your photos, as previously mentioned most people do not know how to print-screen or even that the option exists whereas most, if not all, people know how to right-click and hit print. I'm providing a client with a slideshow for their website as part of a package they purchased and I implore you to understand that this is a fairly big "security" issue.

If this physically cannot be patched in anyway, I understand. But I right-click protect the photos in my gallery for a reason (because that's as fair as a casual copyright-ignorer is willing to go) and hope that I can continue the protection in Flash, where I would typically imagine my photos are more secure as no URLs can be ascertained.

Thanks a bunch.

-Scott
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2008
    sbressler wrote:
    Hi Andy,
    Scott it's being looked at by us (Shizam).

But really, why worry, IMO? The images are low res. Watermark your photos if you're really, really concerned. WHY? Because there's tons of screen capture software out there one click away on Google.

Also, the quality of image that can be obtained by that method is very poor:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=837318&postcount=2742 .
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2008
    Feedback from my viewers on slideshow speed
    cjc wrote:
    I would like to "second the motion." It would be great to be able to change the default display speed for the full-screen slideshow.

Not sure about the forum etiquette of replying to myself... I spose it's not a problem.

Anyway, I want to add something to this thread: I've had some viewers take a look at the draft version of my first SmugMug slideshow photo essay. Every viewer gave the same feedback:

* They didn't realize they could pause the slideshow.
    * They didn't realize the "slow" option was available.
    * They found it VERY annoying that they couldn't read the captions because the slideshow was running too fast.

For now, my workaround is to give instructions to the user in the first slide. But that's really lame, guys. Let's fix this, and we'll have an excellent new feature that many will use. (Others, of course, will want to be able to customize their view speeds/options with other settings... this just happens to be my case.)

Here's the draft slideshow in question. Try it and see what you think:
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/5438188_YTvZQ
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2008
    cjc wrote:
    Not sure about the forum etiquette of replying to myself... I spose it's not a problem.
    it's not and thank you... I've made sure our team has seen your post!
  • Options
    Ron LoweRon Lowe Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Slide Show still not working but have a new twist
    Andy,

As you know I have worked with you and the help desk for quite a while but have been unable to get slideshow working. I am waiting on the helpdesk and developer to get back to me for the next step. To refresh you:

I have all the right answers to the regular questions (correct version of flash, etc. and it fails in both FFF and IE 7. Also Flash works on every other web site I visit except SM, and it fails on my laptop but not my wifes.

The slideshow button does nothing when I click on it. If I choose the slideshow them then it give me the black screen with the forward, play and back arrows but nothing wlse (it thinks it loaded)

I went to your web site this morning and the slideshow on your Bryce and Zion gallery works (but still fails on my website).What is different about your site that would make slideshow work while failing on 99% of the others.

I am still waiting on feedback from Rich at the helpdesk but I am hoping that this symptom of working on your website (and I have found at least one other) will jog someones memory.

Thanks

Ron Lowe

Lowefamily.smugmug.com