47672603-L.jpg
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 14, 2006
    uhh... good one?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    those wheels just make the looks of the car very unbalanced.

Well, then it's probably perfect for nandysso lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Well, then it's probably perfect for nandysso lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif

Laughing.gif your prolly right but doesn't the poor boy have enough going against his driving ability already.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2006
    Sorry I don't drive around a "cool" misery van like you old fharts.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    Sorry I don't drive around a "cool" misery van like you old fharts.

Old phart. Boy I'm 25 don't go comparing me in age to a man who has underwear that is older than me. And the misery van is a daily driver, part hauler, monstrocity. The real car is a 1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo that is currently in the process of getting the engine refreshed, touching up some body work, repaint, and other little upgrades, so when I'm finished I can teach even more of your generation were civic's belong. Not to mention how a car is really ment to be driven. When you have a job (and money of your own) You will learn that a man should have two cars, one for work, and one for play. One for work, and one for play. That is unless you get stupid and knock some girl up (my friend shipped out for basic training todayrolleyes1.gif ).
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited February 14, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    Why don't you like? I think it looks very euro. they're rare over here but in Europe about a quarter of these BMW's have these wheels. check out www.e30.de and click fotostories.

There's too much metal. They look like you'd find them on something OCC
    cranks out lol3.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2006
    Old phart. Boy I'm 25 don't go comparing me in age to a man who has underwear that is older than me. And the misery van is a daily driver, part hauler, monstrocity. The real car is a 1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo that is currently in the process of getting the engine refreshed, touching up some body work, repaint, and other little upgrades, so when I'm finished I can teach even more of your generation were civic's belong. Not to mention how a car is really ment to be driven. When you have a job (and money of your own) You will learn that a man should have two cars, one for work, and one for play. One for work, and one for play. That is unless you get stupid and knock some girl up (my friend shipped out for basic training todayrolleyes1.gif ).

You mean that white ricer?
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    You mean that white ricer?

White Ricer? None of my friends white, or black go for the rice. We go for classic japanese automobiles. Not body kits that add extra weight, not 3 foot tall spoilers for drying towels or using as a picnic table, or any of that other useless crap. It's better to keep the body as stock and in good condition as possible (looking clean as possible) with only minor aerodynamic upgrades, and put the money and effort into the drivetrain. And nandy, that nos sticker of your's doesn't actually at the 75 extra hp your friends think it does.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    White Ricer? None of my friends white, or black go for the rice. We go for classic japanese automobiles. Not body kits that add extra weight, not 3 foot tall spoilers for drying towels or using as a picnic table, or any of that other useless crap. It's better to keep the body as stock and in good condition as possible (looking clean as possible) with only minor aerodynamic upgrades, and put the money and effort into the drivetrain. And nandy, that nos sticker of your's doesn't actually at the 75 extra hp your friends think it does.

No I meant the white nissan on your website. Well I try not to dabble in large bulky body kits either. Nor do I put stickers on my car or try to promote things that are not on my car. In fact I DEBADGE the 325 emblem on the back.

How about these wheels?

56163457-Mcopy.jpg

They really won't be that large. Those look more like 17'' and the ones that I would get are 15''. 15x7.5 Ronal LS. I should be able to fit 215/50/R15 on there no problem.
    (sorry for the crappy p-chop job, behind the wheels is obviously supposed to be black)

ronal_ls.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    No I meant the white nissan on your website. Well I try not to dabble in large bulky body kits either. Nor do I put stickers on my car or try to promote things that are not on my car. In fact I DEBADGE the 325 emblem on the back.

How about these wheels?

They really won't be that large. Those look more like 17'' and the ones that I would get are 15''. 15x7.5 Ronal LS. I should be able to fit 215/50/R15 on there no problem.
    (sorry for the crappy p-chop job, behind the wheels is obviously supposed to be black)
    Those wheels are better although the other ones would be find as long as they were smaller and had more of a tire on them. Part of what made them look unbalanced to the car I think was how big they were.

The pearl white 300 is one I shot down in florida last time I was there. Mine is black. I would never want to own a sports car that was any color other than black.

Oyasuminasai
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    Yes I think anything over 16'' is too big and is hard to pull off in this car. 15x7.5 is fine and has enough tire to give it a nice ride. Remember, it already has VERY stiff springs and shocks so more tire FTW!
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    Yes I think anything over 16'' is too big and is hard to pull off in this car. 15x7.5 is fine and has enough tire to give it a nice ride. Remember, it already has VERY stiff springs and shocks so more tire FTW!

What is this FTW stuff you post at the end of your posts? For the wife (your too young to be married), For the Woman (your to young to be under the control of a woman already. Trust me they will have plenty of control later on), For the Wide (thats just rude), For the What (well if your going to do it you should already know the answer to your own question)?
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    What is this FTW stuff you post at the end of your posts? For the wife (your too young to be married), For the Woman (your to young to be under the control of a woman already. Trust me they will have plenty of control later on), For the Wide (thats just rude), For the What (well if your going to do it you should already know the answer to your own question)?
    This is an internet forum so I figured I could use internet slang and people would know. Guess not...

FTW= For The Win

Wikipedia list of internet slang

• Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    This is an internet forum so I figured I could use internet slang and people would know. Guess not...

FTW= For The Win

Wikipedia list of internet slang

lol I spend more time in the real world these days learning new programming code and trying to learn bits of japanese here and there. FTW is a new one for me.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 15, 2006
    This thread needs some freshening up. New topic.

Would you trade this (02 Ranger):
    14142868-M.jpg

for this (06 CLK350):
    coupe_ext_3_main.jpg

some details are obviously necessary: I own the former, outright, and can get an absolutely unbelievable employee lease on the latter. Sell truck, prepay lease upfront, put leftover money in bank for 27 months from now.

Discuss. This should be fun, you bunch of elitist snobs you!! lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    Its very nice but do you have an alternate car for the winter?
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    Its very nice but do you have an alternate car for the winter?
    It's a lease car who cares, some other suck can worry about the affects of salt on the body and frame.

The practicle person in me says keep the truck as you already own it outright, and it is way more practicle.

The real me says ditch that crappy ford box, and get the toy. Besides life is short so you might as well do as much stupid stuff as you can, while you can.

But then again aren't you married or something like that. Is this really a decision you can make?
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    It's a lease car who cares, some other suck can worry about the affects of salt on the body and frame.
    Exactly. Also, I previously made it through 2 New England winters with a C230, and it impressed the heck out of me (with a decent set of snow tires).
    The practicle person in me says keep the truck as you already own it outright, and it is way more practicle.
    Yeah. My only retort to that is that the truck warranty expires in 3 months and I've already had 3 problems with the 4wd system repaired under warranty - a repeat of these problems or similar would be very costly out of warranty. This is actually the sole reason I've been car shopping lately, and why PapaIt called me today to pitch the Merc deals that just landed on his desk.
    The real me says ditch that crappy ford box, and get the toy. Besides life is short so you might as well do as much stupid stuff as you can, while you can.
    nod.gif It's not even that stupid, I'd have money in the bank accruing interest for later, well, unless I get a D2X.
    lol3.gif (kidding)
    But then again aren't you married or something like that. Is this really a decision you can make?
    Not married, yet. But T is cool about these decisions and she knows I have a problem with vehicles. I've had this truck for almost 3 years, that is a total record for me. The next best I did is 16 months with the C230, and don't even get me started on the revolving door of motorcycles.
    Erik

• Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    I was just talking about driving it in the snow. I know it can make it but would it be fun? Absolutely not. I recoment a Subaru STI then put studs on for the winter. That would be a blast.

2004-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STi-FA-1024x768.jpg

some say its the best 4-banger in the world. somehting like 300hp i believe.
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    I was just talking about driving it in the snow. I know it can make it but would it be fun? Absolutely not.
    What's not fun about a RWD car (in the snow)? ne_nau.gif
    Erik

• Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:

Yeah. My only retort to that is that the truck warranty expires in 3 months and I've already had 3 problems with the 4wd system repaired under warranty - a repeat of these problems or similar would be very costly out of warranty.

Well then, I wasn't going to say it cause you had worked for ford. But only 1 out of every 4 people I know who owns one of those like them. The rest say they are peice of crap. And with your track record with that truck theres no question about it. Dump that peice of crap ford and get the new car. Do it now. Don't think, Do.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:

Absolutely nothing at all. Unless you can't control it and have to make the black ice excuse.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:

Nothing, tons of fun :D

James.
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    Fun as in... never mind.
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    Fun as in... never mind.
    What? Use your words.

I really don't get it, you think RWD cars are no fun on the snow? Uh, when I want to "play" in the snow with my truck, I don't turn the 4wd on. Only turn that on in the woods or if I have to dig my way up a steep hill after a fresh snow.

ne_nau.gif
    Erik

• Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    I don't consider sliding into things or not being in control when I want to "fun". I would consider winter "fun" as having traction 95% of the time.
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    I don't consider sliding into things or not being in control when I want to "fun". I would consider winter "fun" as having traction 95% of the time.

Oh Nandy, your just a bit gunshy. It can be plenty of fun, but it takes alot of practice behind the wheel to make it fun so that you don't end up ruining your car.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    4WD is not a magic bullet, in fact, 4WD is awful on ice unless you have spikes. Learn to drive a 2WD on ice and snow and have fun.

James.

Edit: Traction controlled 4WD would be another story, I was thinking of standard 4WD.
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    my name isn't Nandy, lol. Nandysso=andysson=andys son= Zac
This discussion has been closed.