Options

Pages continue to load wrong/Weird problem - merged

12346»

Comments

• Options
    rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Rich, I have been following everything - but have yet to reproduce the problem myself. I will keep trying today, but with only one person reporting problems it is hard to get a list together of things I should be checking. ne_nau.gif

JT,

Thanks for your attention to this, you have a good point. thumb.gif
    Since I was only able to reproduce once from a different comp.,
    and only with my site- I can (safely) hope my customers aren't exp. the problem,
    NOTE: see the att. from my statcounter log this AM - as evidence it may just be at my end...deal.gifheadscratch.gifne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif and not something my viewers are seeing
    Thanks also to Lee & Andy for your assistance,
    although I'm still scratching my head headscratch.gif ,
    I know that the best possible resources have looked into this matter -
    no where else but at smugmug could I say that!!deal.gif

rich56k
    ps final note: my speedtest are consistantly @ png: 102;download:4858; upload:480 (relevence not sure-thought i'd mention it)
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    It "may" have something to do with your galleries - or not.

Have I had you turn on "hide owner" for one of your affected galleries and trying that?
    rich56k wrote:
    JT,

Thanks for your attention to this, you have a good point. thumb.gif
    Since I was only able to reproduce once from a different comp.,
    and only with my site- I can (safely) hope my customers aren't exp. the problem,
    NOTE: see the att. from my statcounter log this AM - as evidence it may just be at my end...deal.gifheadscratch.gifne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif and not something my viewers are seeing
    Thanks also to Lee & Andy for your assistance,
    although I'm still scratching my head headscratch.gif ,
    I know that the best possible resources have looked into this matter -
    no where else but at smugmug could I say that!!deal.gif

rich56k
    ps final note: my speedtest are consistantly @ png: 102;download:4858; upload:480 (relevence not sure-thought i'd mention it)
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    It "may" have something to do with your galleries - or not.

Have I had you turn on "hide owner" for one of your affected galleries and trying that?

OK I just tried that and was frozen immediately (!!??)headscratch.gif
    I then reentered the site and tried a diff. gallery and its frozen also

hope this helpsdeal.gif

rich
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    I am going to have you test on our development server, contacting you via email.
    rich56k wrote:
    OK I just tried that and was frozen immediately (!!??)headscratch.gif
    I then reentered the site and tried a diff. gallery and its frozen also

hope this helpsdeal.gif

rich
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    I am going to have you test on our development server, contacting you via email.

Sounds like a plan thumb.gifthumb.gif
    woo whoo :D (in advance!)
    email sent deal.gif

rich
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 13, 2007
    rich56k wrote:
    Sounds like a plan thumb.gifthumb.gif
    woo whoo :D (in advance!)
    email sent deal.gif

rich
    Rich, we pushed some changes after your post last night. It's a long shot, but can you give it another whirl?
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2007
    bigwebguy wrote:
    Rich, we pushed some changes after your post last night. It's a long shot, but can you give it another whirl?

Hi Lee,

Sorry for the late reply ...rolleyes1.gif

I'm at an internet cafe out of state,
    (been out of town since fri 13th)
    circumstances will prevent me from testing until I return,
    will be back late, late tonite....
    I will then gladly give it a whirl and post back 1st thing tues am at the latest...
    Thanks thumb.gif
    rich
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2007
    I just discovered this thread, and that one of my galleries was referenced. The portfolio gallery was previously having trouble because of one image, and once I was able to delete that, it's working fine.

but the home gallery for that image is still NOT working fine despite a few emails from help desk saying they didn't see the problem.

http://www.lynnehulbert.com/gallery/2336606#P-2-15

sorry for the late join to the thread. i've had bigger fish to fry....like the IE error....:cry
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2007
    bigwebguy wrote:

Lee,

OK - I'm Back in town, ran thru the gallery that had consistantly frozen,
    UN-able to freeze, went thru the full 118 pics in lightbox mode
    (where it had normally frozen around 75/78 of 118), then clicked the 'pageload' numerals repeatedly -still no freeze - the only out-of-the-ordinary symptom I noted was during the 'pageload' portion, was the throbber would appear and the throbber arrows wouldn't rotate until after 4-7 seconds - then page would change -very slow to respond - but it would respond - hmmmmmm

also - while out-of-town on a pc @ internet cafe when i would click back on my "HOME" button in nav-bar (not upon initial load of home page, but from elsewhere in my site - then back to home) as the home page loaded before the slideshow would appear - I'd see a brief look at my old bio box info ( small pic of me and the orig. bio text that used to be on my "ABOUT" gallery page !!??!!headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif - only happened a couple times - seemed like poss. an old/slower pc and somehow wanted/tried to display something as the slideshow home page 'loaded' ??)

not sure how that could/would happen ne_nau.gif

(note: I'll be spending a fair amount of time online next day or two as I have approx 6 GB rolleyes1.gif to download / sort / rate / edit then upload will be able/available to re-try/ re-test , ect)

need to get some sleep - will try again mid-day (tues) and post results...

rich
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    I just discovered this thread, and that one of my galleries was referenced. The portfolio gallery was previously having trouble because of one image, and once I was able to delete that, it's working fine.

but the home gallery for that image is still NOT working fine despite a few emails from help desk saying they didn't see the problem.

http://www.lynnehulbert.com/gallery/2336606#P-2-15

sorry for the late join to the thread. i've had bigger fish to fry....like the IE error....:cry
    Lynne,

I fixed two things on your site:

1) your slideshow code was only half there, and it was a couple revs back - I fixed that.

2) I fixed that gallery (I think - please validate).
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Lynne,

I fixed two things on your site:

1) your slideshow code was only half there, and it was a couple revs back - I fixed that.

2) I fixed that gallery (I think - please validate).

WOOHOO! Thanks Andy for getting this fixed. 100000% better than yesterday. The gallery seems to load at a reasonable rate in IE6 and FF.

And I had broken my slideshow trying to get the IE error issue fixed....so thanks for that, too. Although now the images are "smugmug small" size as opposed to "smugmug large" (for reference). Did you change the container size?

When you say a couple revs back what do you mean? I feel like everytime I add a piece of code from the forums it breaks something, so I tend to leave it alone.
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    WOOHOO! Thanks Andy for getting this fixed. 100000% better than yesterday. The gallery seems to load at a reasonable rate in IE6 and FF.
    You are welcome thumb.gif

And I had broken my slideshow trying to get the IE error issue fixed....so thanks for that, too. Although now the images are "smugmug small" size as opposed to "smugmug large" (for reference). Did you change the container size?
    No, didn't change any sizing at all.

When you say a couple revs back what do you mean? I feel like everytime I add a piece of code from the forums it breaks something, so I tend to leave it alone.
    This is the JS code from the SS hack thread - BWG updated it in March 2007, you had code from 2006
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    thumb.gifNo, didn't change any sizing at all.

omg, i actually troubleshot the fix myself! the default size was 200x300, and I changed it back to 400x600 and it worked! glad I didn't have to have you go back in there. :D

thanks Andy again
    Canon 5D MkI