Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    ElginetPhotosElginetPhotos Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    ok, I redid my card because I thought the old one looked "cheezy".
    ElginetCardsm.jpg
    Bill O'Neill - Media and Fire Photography
  • Options
    jswhighamjswhigham Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Please critique my business card
    This is my first attempt at making a business card from scratch. I created this card as a corporate card for my company which is why I haven't used a photo as a design element. I wanted to keep this one simple. I will make other more creative cards for my services as a photographer soon.
    Please also give me feedback on my logo apart from the business card.
    Thanks.

255778517_nDTap-L.jpg
    Scott Whigham
    Whigham Photography, LLC
    www.whighamphotography.com
    www.altashot.com
  • Options
    Craig RidleyCraig Ridley Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    jswhigham wrote:
    This is my first attempt at making a business card from scratch. I created this card as a corporate card for my company which is why I haven't used a photo as a design element. I wanted to keep this one simple. I will make other more creative cards for my services as a photographer soon.
    Please also give me feedback on my logo apart from the business card.
    Thanks.

255778517_nDTap-L.jpg

Not that I have found the time to create my business cards yet, I will provide my first reaction to your cards.

1) Text is difficult to read and I found myself having to focus very hard to get the web address and phone number correct

2) To me personally, a photographers business card should have a photo showing either some of your best work, or an indication of what type of photography you do

Just my 2cents worth...
    My Site: http://www.craigridley.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/craigridleyoutdoorphotography

Want to save $5 on a smugmug account? Use this coupon code: WzG2eZLQPGrqI
  • Options
    DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    Can I use photographs I took at a concert/performance without the performer's knowledge for a card ?
  • Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    Davidoff wrote:
    Can I use photographs I took at a concert/performance without the performer's knowledge for a card ?

likely not, as your card is a means to advertise your services; commercial in nature. celebrities will often trademark their name and likeness; you'd be using their likeness without being licensed.
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • Options
    thepinkangelthepinkangel Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2008
  • Options
    JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Where would you all suggest I get it printed inexpensibly on the internet?
    Or as cheap as possible.

g

http://www.gotprint.com has great prices, and really great turn around time. I get full front b/w back 4x6 postcards 1000 including shipping $40 and change. I love them.
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008

2) To me personally, a photographers business card should have a photo showing either some of your best work, or an indication of what type of photography you do

Just my 2cents worth...

I disagree. Your best photo is only going to be a 3.5" x 2" piece of paper. Hard to see right? A business card should be a contact only. Your business card should have at least your logo, name and contact (e-mail and or website). If they want to see your work, go to your website.

What happens if your perspective client doesn't like that particular photo? Just something to think about....
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 25, 2008
    258952842_oHbBS-X3.jpg
    This is on one side.....

And this is on the other....(although the print quality is not good as I had to capture it as a print screen then bring it into psp to make it a jpeg for the purpose of this thread.) I had all these printed on my printer and they came out really nice on good quality stock. I removed my phone number for obvious reasons on the net.~JAG
    258953050_Rszs9-X3-1.jpg
  • Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    Hi !
    Here is my new business which I absolutely love.
    Front of Card
    260471751_uYMvY-M.jpg
    Back of Card
    260471753_CdqLN-M.jpg
    The 'target market' for the card is wedding photography. The card is also consistent with the color 'theme' of my web site.
    http://www.jrphotosandwebdesign.com
    The card was designed by Alicia of Moments Photography.
    You can see more wonderful work of Alicia such as cards, graphic designs, collages, postcards, season theme cards and outstanding photography at
    http://www.louisianamoments.com
    Alicia is very professional, knowledgeable and wonderful to work with.
    I highly recommend her for any type of graphic design you are looking for to make your business successful.

- jerryr
  • Options
    ShutterThoughtsShutterThoughts Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 3, 2008
    ShutterThoughts.com business card
    www.ShutterThoughts.com

Unique photos of Hawaii by Evan Rapoport

261282457_7VuBK-M.jpg
  • Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2008
    I just finished this design it was time to update and I was running out of my last design. Tried to make it relatively consistent with one of my web designs. I'm about to do a batch of 1000 with the UV coat on one side and my water mark and bare white paper on the other(so folks can jot down notes).

263465301_HNyyj-L.jpg
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    and mine....
    I went with something a bit different. I had these printed at overnight prints and they turned out marvelous.

I also had them do tri fold brochures and they turned out nice too.

265391312_UTyj5-S.jpg265391243_RamML-S.jpg
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    I went with something a bit different. I had these printed at overnight prints and they turned out marvelous.

I also had them do tri fold brochures and they turned out nice too.

265391312_UTyj5-S.jpg265391243_RamML-S.jpg

These are fantastic! Love it! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Dee wrote:
    These are fantastic! Love it! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I agree, very unique and quite dashing. clap.gif
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    I just ordered some of the mini ones...
    deets are on the other side...

266188536_d7CoB-S.jpg---- 266189046_VDcnP-S.jpg ----266189604_hL7sT-S.jpg

266190074_fmTAX-S.jpg

I'm still in school so I only needed a piece of paper for my email address and phone number. I'll probably go all custom later - on a card that reflects what I will be doing.
    Still, what do you think?
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Moni wrote:

266190074_fmTAX-S.jpg

I'm still in school so I only needed a piece of paper for my email address and phone number. I'll probably go all custom later - on a card that reflects what I will be doing.
    Still, what do you think?

neat! i like those!

though, admittedly, someone gave me a mini card a couple weeks ago... i can't say that i liked it much sheerly for it's size. it was actually an inconvenience, as it doesn't exactly fit in my wallet as do other cards... which meant that it got lost somewhere in the bottom of my wallet for a few days before i remembered about it.
  • Options
    charlesoutcaltcharlesoutcalt Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    Such Great Work!
    Wow! I am really impressed with the variety and quality of the cards posted here.

I just ordered a batch of these from a firm in the UK. As you can see from the JPG (which is directly from the design firm), they are translucent plastic. I'm pretty happy with them, but they're so pricey that I am looking for something cheaper that I can hand out in large quantities. Maybe I'll look into some of those mini-cards. . .

By the way, if you are interested in this translucent plastic idea, the firm is Plasma Design. They are incredibly responsive and patient, able to work out exactly what you want. The only downside is the price: $399 for 250. :cry
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2008
    Source for the Minis?
    I have had the same reaction to the minis, but then I came to really like them. They take up less space, use less paper, and get right to the point.

Monica, if you don't mind my asking, do you have a good source for your cards? I really like them.
    com3 wrote:
    neat! i like those!

though, admittedly, someone gave me a mini card a couple weeks ago... i can't say that i liked it much sheerly for it's size. it was actually an inconvenience, as it doesn't exactly fit in my wallet as do other cards... which meant that it got lost somewhere in the bottom of my wallet for a few days before i remembered about it.
  • Options
    MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    Where do you purchase your business cards.
    I ordered two boxes from MPix last year - Glossy - and they were fine - nothing special, but they worked. I am getting ready to update my cards and wanted to know possible other places that can be recommended to purchase some nice business cards. I'm actually looking for something that is a little different than a typical business card....not sure what that may be or other products that may be available. Just trying to see if I can add a little more "Punch" to a typical business card. I want to wait until I know what product I am going to bet befire I start my designing stage.

I did see the previous post on the clear cards - I really like that idea but the $ is more than I want to spend.

Suggestions, links?

Thanks,
    Michael
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    I have had the same reaction to the minis, but then I came to really like them. They take up less space, use less paper, and get right to the point.

Monica, if you don't mind my asking, do you have a good source for your cards? I really like them.

I ordered them online from moo.com too.
    I didn't order very many - just enough to tide me over until I can find a local printer.

I thought it's funny how many photographers have the mini cards. I have never received them from any other profession.
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    Wow! I am really impressed with the variety and quality of the cards posted here.

I just ordered a batch of these from a firm in the UK. As you can see from the JPG (which is directly from the design firm), they are translucent plastic. I'm pretty happy with them, but they're so pricey that I am looking for something cheaper that I can hand out in large quantities. Maybe I'll look into some of those mini-cards. . .

By the way, if you are interested in this translucent plastic idea, the firm is Plasma Design. They are incredibly responsive and patient, able to work out exactly what you want. The only downside is the price: $399 for 250. :cry

that is a REALLY nice card! very professional and very sleek! and VERY expensive! //runs away. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2008
    I've jumped on the Moo bandwagon
    Thanks for the tip. I just jumped on the Moo bandwagon, too. I wanted some relatively inexpensive cards for mass hand-outs when it would kill me to part with the fancy plastic versions. The ordering process was easy--even sort of fun. I like their sense of humor. The price was right, too. I think I got 200 for under $40, or about 20 cents/each.
    Moni wrote:
    I ordered them online from moo.com too.
    I didn't order very many - just enough to tide me over until I can find a local printer.

I thought it's funny how many photographers have the mini cards. I have never received them from any other profession.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2008
    Thanks, Bill
    Hey--thanks. Plasma Design deserves all the compliments. Now I just need to work myself to give them away! As I mentioned above, I ordered some minis from Moo, too. Should be a nice combination for different purposes.
    com3 wrote:
    that is a REALLY nice card! very professional and very sleek! and VERY expensive! //runs away. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    Hey--thanks. Plasma Design deserves all the compliments. Now I just need to work myself to give them away! As I mentioned above, I ordered some minis from Moo, too. Should be a nice combination for different purposes.
    My mom worked for a 3 ring binder company. They made her business cards from some translucent plastic like yours. She said the best thing about it was that she always won those contests you enter by putting your business card in the fishbowl. lol3.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    I've been working on a 2-sided biz card and would love some c&c on both the logo and the card design.

The website is not up yet, and I just noticed that the logo on the "picture" side isn't properly centered... I figure I'll get a few different versions printed with different pictures on them. What else needs tweeking / rethinking / totally re-doing?

Thanks for looking...

Front:
    271313766_n6Rrf-M.jpg

Back:
    271313825_deQat-M.jpg
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    gregneil wrote:
    I've been working on a 2-sided biz card and would love some c&c on both the logo and the card design.

The website is not up yet, and I just noticed that the logo on the "picture" side isn't properly centered... I figure I'll get a few different versions printed with different pictures on them. What else needs tweeking / rethinking / totally re-doing?

Thanks for looking...

Front:
    271313766_n6Rrf-M.jpg

Back:
    271313825_deQat-M.jpg

unique and cool, IMO. thumb.gif
  • Options
    zack75144zack75144 Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    Wow these are nice.
    For mine I wanted sleek and straight to the point.
    271267712_sps2B-M.jpg

Another alterative would be this one.
    271273853_aHEiL-M.jpg
    Zack www.zackjonesphotography.net
    EOS 7D, Zeiss 50mm f/1.4, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 200mm f/2.8L II, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 1.4 Ext II, 430EX, ST-E2, Tamrac Velocity 10X & Expeditioner 7 Bags.
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2008
    zack75144 wrote:
    Wow these are nice.
    For mine I wanted sleek and straight to the point.
    271267712_sps2B-M.jpg

Another alterative would be this one.
    271273853_aHEiL-M.jpg

tough choice, honestly... i'm totally all about the simple and straight foreward as well... but you know, we're a rare breed. rolleyes1.gif i ended up putting a super rad pic on mine and everyone always spends a solid 30 seconds at least looking at it, commenting on it, and oogling after i give it to em. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2008
    Moni wrote:

266190074_fmTAX-S.jpg

I just got them and they are great!
    Unfortunately, I'm almost out of "fat chick corner"s already.
    Running low on "the angry snowman" too. I guess everyone has a sense of humour! rolleyes1.gif