Options

RIP Whipping Post

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited July 31, 2009
    DavidTO wrote:
    Perfect! It'll definitely be one of those, so we're all set! Start shooting. deal.gif
    rolleyes1.gif Well said.
  • Options
    timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    DavidTO wrote:
    Perfect! It'll definitely be one of those, so we're all set! Start shooting. deal.gif
    ummm.... no. I'm shooting for myself right now, thank-you-very-much. rolleyes1.gif

Put another way, if you don't know when it'll be ready, then say so. If you have a reasonable estimate of when, then say that. Either one is fine.

right now i'm going with the "dunno how long it'll take" estimate. deal.gif
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    if you don't know when it'll be ready, then say so. If you have a reasonable estimate of when, then say that. Either one is fine.

Tim, patience, please. We're not committing a date but it's being actively worked on by volunteer mods. Please, leave them to it.

Soon!
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    wouldn't it be easier to just re-open the original WP and be done???????????????????????????????????????????????????:Dmwink.gifrolleyes1.gifwinkrolleyes1.gifwinkrolleyes1.gifwinkrolleyes1.gifwinkrolleyes1.gifwinkrolleyes1.gifwinkrolleyes1.gifwinkrolleyes1.gifwinkrolleyes1.gifwink
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    I know I said that I would stay out of it, but this is getting on my nerves..... I am going to put it really bluntly, I know that Andy is a nice guy and won't.

People, stop typing and watch, I have always said that watching is a virtue too. We all need to give the MODS more then 24 hours time! My five year old brother is more patient!rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflPlease, do not get offended, it is for your own good. What if the MODS get fet up with you guys and decide not to do anything?????wings.gifGet the POINT??????
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2009
    Porfolio
    Andy, I posted in the Other Cool Shot, I am not nagging, I am just letting you know...you know, learning to be nice like youclap.gifthumb

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    The Whipping Post is reborn as The Refinery
    OK, so we listened to your comments, and have brought back the critique forum. It's now called The Refinery, and it will be a community run forum. The quality of images and critique are entirely up to you, the forum will be what you make of it.

Since we're relying so heavily on the community to guide The Refinery, we're expecting all of you who spoke so passionately for it to take responsibility for it.

michswiss
    Miguel Delinquento
    Art Scott
    HoofClix
    Dave Clee
    anwmn1
    Cygnus Studios
    Furono
    Tony Cooper
    timk519
    Katmitchell
    sweet caroline
    D'Buggs
    Mr. Quiet
    Toshido
    sixdaemonbag
    rutt
    astockwell
    divamum
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    DavidTO wrote:
    OK, so we listened to your comments, and have brought back the critique forum. It's now called The Refinery, and it will be a community run forum. The quality of images and critique are entirely up to you, the forum will be what you make of it.

Since we're relying so heavily on the community to guide The Refinery, we're expecting all of you who spoke so passionately for it to take responsibility for it.

michswiss
    Miguel Delinquento
    Art Scott
    HoofClix
    Dave Clee
    anwmn1
    Cygnus Studios
    Furono
    Tony Cooper
    timk519
    Katmitchell
    sweet caroline
    D'Buggs
    Mr. Quiet
    Toshido
    sixdaemonbag
    rutt
    astockwell
    divamum
    Thanks to you all that spoke out - and also to EVERYONE else who will contribute by posting, critiquing, and sharing.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2009
    DavidTO wrote:
    I got the first post in! :D
    DavidTO wrote:
    That'll only work if someone can cull out out-of-bound comments, 'how-to's, etc. Is that still going to be the mod's doing?
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    I got the first post in! :D

That'll only work if someone can cull out out-of-bound comments, 'how-to's, etc. Is that still going to be the mod's doing?

We'll be deleting spam and keeping the conversation civil (no personal attacks). The rest is truly up to you guys. If it becomes a problem, let us know, but we mean it when we say the success of this forum is up to you.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    "Be careful what you wish for...." rolleyes1.gif

I never posted in the WP of old (FEAR plain and simple lol3.gif) and only posted once or twice, but I DID read it to learn from others' efforts and responses; I'll make sure I pop in as before, and will also try to get braver about offering comment. It's a fair deal!

Also, the Mods really deserve a round of applause for responding to the discussion so positively, and being willing to adapt to community sentiment without turning it all into a bun-fight - generous indeed. Bravi tutti!
  • Options
    tijosephtijoseph Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    What a great resolution. Good job Dgrin!

Nice name to, the refinery, how cool is that?
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Well, this seems like a good solution:) A place to post when you feel like you're getting pretty good but want to take it to the next level. I learn so much through Dgrin.

Thanks,
    Caroline
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2009
    Well, this seems like a good solution:) A place to post when you feel like you're getting pretty good but want to take it to the next level. I learn so much through Dgrin.
    Exactly.

And with the "portfolio shot" restriction removed, it's easier to put something up you know needs work, but aren't sure what kind of work.
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Quote:
    Andy wrote:
    We're going to replicate what Marc Muench has been doing, in Muench Univ - with B.D. Colen - and more AIRs. Dunno why anyone would complain about that
    Still Planned? ear.gifear
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    Exactly.

And with the "portfolio shot" restriction removed, it's easier to put something up you know needs work, but aren't sure what kind of work.

True, but we must not let the standard of our shot go down the drain as the saying goes, right?

I have one last suggestion for the MODS. I just went to check out the Refinery, and Andy said only one picture per thread. That is good, but what is your reasoning for not saying only one picture per week, if I my delve into the minds of you guys?

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2009
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    True, but we must not let the standard of our shot go down the drain as the saying goes, right?
    I'm agreed 100%. For myself, I didn't post many pics to the post for C&C since there weren't many I considered "porfolio" quality. Now I don't have to be so hard on myself.:ivar