Options

The SmugMug and Lightroom 3 Publish Services Thread

Comments

• Options
    Ken KKen K Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    Cannot Update Gallery via LR Publish
    Hello, I am getting this error when I try to update a gallery via LR 3.4 Publish:

"SmugMug API returned an error message (function smugmug.images.changeSettings, message invalid data (ImageID))"

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Ken
    Ken Kovak
    KenK Photography - Lehigh Valley, PA
    http://kenkphotography.smugmug.com
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 8, 2011
    Ken K wrote: »
    Hello, I am getting this error when I try to update a gallery via LR 3.4 Publish:

"SmugMug API returned an error message (function smugmug.images.changeSettings, message invalid data (ImageID))"

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Ken

handled over email. if anyone is experiencing this issue, please ping me.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    Jarrod268Jarrod268 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 20, 2011
    devbobo wrote: »
    handled over email. if anyone is experiencing this issue, please ping me.

Hello,
    I'm now experiencing this same error with Lightroom.
  • Options
    socksiongsocksiong Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2011
  • Options
    TJsPLACE21TJsPLACE21 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 31, 2011
    I downloaded the update and still no smiley face
  • Options
    tom30tom30 Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited June 1, 2011
    Ken K wrote: »

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Ken

I am having the same problem with LR 3.4.1.

Tom
  • Options
    droiddevdroiddev Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2011
    Having this issue now after 3.4. Sent you a PM.
    McBride Photography
    http://www.mcbridephotog.com
  • Options
    pgmanpgman Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    SmugMug API returned an error message
    I have LR3.4 and I use SM Pro http://photos.foto-biz.com. I have the gallery: http://photos.foto-biz.com/Animals/Downtown-Eastside/16574304_idqdk#1308788995_3j9Npdb.

I'm trying to change description of the gallery. In Lightroom > Publishing Services > SM > the collection > Right Click > Edit. Put in the new text > OK. Then I get the following error:
    Can't rename the published collection.
    SmugMug API returned an error message (function smugmug.albums.changesettings, message system error)

1. I'm not trying to rename the collection, just change the description.
    2. Right now, I've copied the description by hand in sm.

Am I doing something wrong? or is it an SM problem at your back-end? I use to work last month, no software change or upgrade on my part.

Thanks
    Thanks
    http://www.sritch.com
    The Dogs of Vancouver, BC
  • Options
    dondadadondada Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    i'm getting a similar issue. running Win7Ultimate w/ LR 3.4. updated to 3.4.1 and still experiencing the same problem. Seemed to be working fine as of last week, and I didn't update my system with anything.

Warning: Can't update this collection. SmugMug API returned an error message (function smugmug.albums.create, message system error)

Anyone else seeing this and find a resolution to it? Thanks in advance
  • Options
    dondadadondada Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited June 17, 2011
    i actually did some testing around and fixed the issue myself. if you're getting "Warning: Can't update this collection. SmugMug API returned an error message (function smugmug.albums.create, message system error)" do the following:

1. In LR 3.4.1 - under "Publish Services", right click SmugMug and go to "edit settings"
    2. Click on "Plug In Manager" at the bottom left of the window that pops up
    3. Highlight SmugMug on the left hand side. *Hint if it's green and says installed and running, you should be able to publish an album without a problem, mine was yellow and said "may not work properly"
    4. Expand "plug in author tools" on the right side of the window
    5. Click "reload plug in".

this fixed the issue for me! hope it does for you guys as well! good luck.
  • Options
    OnFirePhotographyOnFirePhotography Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    i tried looking in this thread for an answer but is there an option to apply the lightroom watermark when exporting/publishing to smug mug, or is this feature deliberately not there.

or would i have to export photos with the watermark to hardrive then publish the watermarked photos?
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    You can have Lightroom add your watermark when publishing to SmugMug. However they are part of the image itself so that if anyone purchases a print or digital copy it will be included on there. If you have a Pro account you can just have SmugMug place the watermark on the display copies.

To have Lightroom add the watermark, in the Publish Services setup section select the option to include watermark. The easiest way I know how to describe its location is to go to the SmugMug Publish Service in the library panels. Double click on the SmugMug smile in the resulting window that appears scroll all the way down on the right hand pane. There you will find Watermark.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    OnFirePhotographyOnFirePhotography Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    i see the watermark option now in the publish manager.

Also lightroom 3 works and runs extremely fast on my pc and laptop without any hesitation in carrying out commands, but as soon as my mouse hovers over the smugmug publish area, lightroom goes into meltdown everything stops, screen freezes and have to wait a couple of minutes before i can do anything and then if i move the mouse on it again it happens again.

Is this a lightroom probelm, smug mug problems or something to do with syncing with my galleries on smug mug.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2011
    I regularly upload from Canon CR2 files. I can't drag and drop the files into the publishing service.

How to upload PhotoShop PSD files from LR3.4.1 to my SM Pro account?
    Thanks
  • Options
    ifocusifocus Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    I have been having issues with LR 3.4.1 as of this week. The pictures started by taking forever to upload, now LR3 freezes. I tried to create a new catalogue, set-up Smugmug publish service again. All I got is a black screen on the smugmug page when I go to authorize. any ideas how to ix this? Smugmug now revoked the token so LR3 cannot publish!!!
  • Options
    gchappelgchappel Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2011
    lightroom smugmug publishing services
    I am moving lightroom to a new computer- yeahh!
    PC running Win7 64. Newest version lightroom.
    When I try to set up the smugmug publishing service- which still works great on my old machine- I get an error when I try to connect to authorize smugmugs-
    "Could not contact the Smugmug web service. Please check your internet connection."
    Internet connection is fine, I can connect to facebook for example.
    I have tried turning off any antiviral, firewalls, etc- no luck.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Gary
  • Options
    gchappelgchappel Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2011
    Thanks for moving this-
    I loaded the Starfield root cert, and confirmed it was loaded.
    Still no luck, unable to contact smugmug web service.
    Internet connection is fine
    Again, running win7 64bit, new install
    Thanks
    Gary
  • Options
    brantaleubrantaleu Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    Can't upload, upload timed out
    I can't upload a single image to SM. Every time I get the message: "Some export operations were not performed. Upload timed out..."

Does anyone have a clue about what the problem could be? I have tried with different images, RAW and JPG. I also removed the password protection from my SM site to see if there could be a problem.

I can create galleries from LR and they show up in SM...but no images
    edited July 18, 2011
    Brantaleu,
    Your upload log contains errors about incompletely uploaded files. That's possibly due to some connection issue. If you're on a wireless connection, try a hard-wired cable connection to your router / modem instead.
    If you keep having problems, email our HelpDesk with details:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    brantaleubrantaleu Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    Brantaleu,
    Your upload log contains errors about incompletely uploaded files. That's possibly due to some connection issue. If you're on a wireless connection, try a hard-wired cable connection to your router / modem instead.
    If you keep having problems, email our HelpDesk with details:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

Sebastian

Unfortunately I can't access the router. Is this a known issue? Don't understand how the router can be the problem since it's working good, uploading/downloading other stuff...
    edited July 19, 2011
    In LR I carefully order my photos. When I upload them to SM they are in a different order. Is there a way to export them to SM in the same order as I arrange them in LR?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    rkudasik wrote: »
    In LR I carefully order my photos. When I upload them to SM they are in a different order. Is there a way to export them to SM in the same order as I arrange them in LR?

What gallery sorting options are you using on SM in the gallery?
  • Options
    marty mcflymarty mcfly Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 19, 2011
    gchappel wrote: »
    I am moving lightroom to a new computer- yeahh!
    PC running Win7 64. Newest version lightroom.
    When I try to set up the smugmug publishing service- which still works great on my old machine- I get an error when I try to connect to authorize smugmugs-
    "Could not contact the Smugmug web service. Please check your internet connection."
    Internet connection is fine, I can connect to facebook for example.
    I have tried turning off any antiviral, firewalls, etc- no luck.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Gary

Did you find an answer for this? I have the same problem
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    Did you find an answer for this? I have the same problem

Hi, please write our Support Heroes thanks.
  • Options
    yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2011
    SheShoots wrote: »
    I kept trying to upload photos yesterday and kept getting the following error:

"Can't update this collection.

The timestamp for that request is invalid. Please ensure that your system time, date and timezone are set correctly."

I know yesterday there was some kind of problem with uploads in general at Smugmug but I believe it's supposed to have been cleared now.

I've checked my system time, date and timezone and they are all correct. Any suggestions/information?

I'm using LR3, Windows XP and a Smugmug Pro account.

Did anyone have a solution to this problem? I have been having the same problem for a few weeks. now. I'm on LR3, Vista, Smugmug Pro.

I've tried disabling and reactivating the plugin, but now it won't even let me log into my smugmug account from LR due ot hte same error message.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks, Yvonne.
  • Options
    lukejesseelukejessee Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 22, 2011
    I love the plug-in but I've got just one question. I noticed that the size of files I upload with the plug-in are much smaller than the size of the originals. For instance, some of the JPG files that come off of my camera are 4-5MB and on SmugMug they are only 600-800KB. I have my Format set to Original, so I'm really surprised this is happening. I use SmugMug as an off site backup for my best images, so I'd really like to keep the full quality originals up there. Is there anything I can do to upload the full images through Lightroom?

Luke
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2011
    Bug with TIFF files
    I'm trying to upload TIFF files from LR 3.4.1

1. I get errors with time out errors.
    2. I have 3 copies of the same photos uploaded for 2 separate photos.

http://photos.foto-biz.com and the gallery is commercial. The photos are:

* bc place
    * vgh underground power station

Thanks
    Thanks
  • Options
    webownerwebowner Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited July 26, 2011
    LOVE LR and SM
    This is excellent ~ thank you to those who have submitted questions/answers. I have just purchased LR 3 and it looks amazing. Love the SM intregration as well clap.gif
  • Options
    cal_geckocal_gecko Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2011
    I've been having upload problems as well... last night before going to bed, I tried uploading from LR3 on my MacbookPro to my Smugmug site... it was a Wedding shoot, .. files on my computer are all CR2 files.. almost all of them failed to upload (timed out)... so now, I'm exporting from LR3 to my desktop, and then I'll have to upload from there to SM... not sure what the deal is, but it's not convenient.
    Canon 5D MkIII
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS
    Canon 17-40 f/4L
    Sennheiser MKE400 shotgun Mic
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 16, 2011
    Plugin version 1.0.1.16
    G'day All,

There's a new version available which should address the majority of issues that people are experiencing.

You can download it here.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos