Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 23, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    I was doing it on a gallery with originals allowed. I don't understand what point you were making.
    Andy, let me see if i can explain better.

When i click the image in smugmug view from your demo site, it opens the popup in large size. I select "Original" from the dropdown and it re-loads the popup with the Original size. So far so good.

Now close the popup and click the photo in smugmug view again, the popup opens in large size again. Shouldn't it be original since that's what i selected in the "preferred photo viewing size"?

Note: the "preferred photo viewing size" dropdown says original, but the actual photo is large. This is the case for whatever size selected my previous visit to the popup. The size I selected is displayed in the dropdown (small, med, orig...), but the image is always the large size.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    I was doing it on a gallery with originals allowed. I don't understand what point you were making.

bigwebguy wrote:
    Andy, let me see if i can explain better.

When i click the image in smugmug view from your demo site, it opens the popup in large size. I select "Original" from the dropdown and it re-loads the popup with the Original size. So far so good.

Now close the popup and click the photo in smugmug view again, the popup opens in large size again. Shouldn't it be original since that's what i selected in the "preferred photo viewing size"?

Note: the "preferred photo viewing size" dropdown says original, but the actual photo is large. This is the case for whatever size selected my previous visit to the popup. The size I selected is displayed in the dropdown (small, med, orig...), but the image is always the large size.

Hi Guys,

When I go to that link of mine

Style - SmugMug
    Click on pic
    Popup - size = medium. Change to Original.
    Close popup
    Click on different pic
    Size = original. Change to small.
    Close popup
    Click on different pic
    Size = small.

Is this not the behavior you are getting? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Click on different pic...

Is this not the behavior you are getting? ear.gif

you dont follow instructions Andy...i didnt say anything about clicking on a different pic. :nono

when you click on a different pic, it works like it is supposed to, but not when re-clicking on the same pic, and i just figured out why.

the size preference on the popup is not being read from a cookie, it's being read from the querystring that opens the window
    javascript:window.open('http://andydemo.smugmug.com/photos/popup.mg?popUp=true&ImageID=41171684&[COLOR=Cyan]Size=Large[/COLOR]','photo41171684','toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=1130,height=800'); void('');

When the smugmug page is generated, it determines the users size preference, by cookie i'm assuming, and generates the javascript links for the popups with the preference in the querystring (above).

so the popup is opened the first time with the specified size and then we select a different size, the cookie is updated and the popup reloaded. However, since the gallery page was never reloaded, the links that have already been generated are now stale and dont reflect our new size preference.

obviously, clicking on a different picture will reload the gallery from the server and doing so will read the cookie and generate new links.

I would say 90% of the time this works just fine, but it is confusing in this case. There are plenty of ways around this and it'll be easy enough for JT to take care of.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2005
    bigwebguy wrote:
    you dont follow instructions Andy...i didnt say anything about clicking on a different pic. :nono

:haha :andy

Oops. So right you and John are :uhoh I'll make sure JT sees this, best to have him comment on it thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    :haha :andy

Oops. So right you and John are :uhoh I'll make sure JT sees this, best to have him comment on it thumb.gif

personally, wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if the popup went adios. SingleImage view, with a few updates is more than adequate.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2005
    I understand what you are saying about the popup image and setting the size in the link, I will take a look and see if there is anything preventing us from setting the size in the window.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2005
    Drop-down preferred viewing size be gone
    bigwebguy wrote:
    personally, wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if the popup went adios. SingleImage view, with a few updates is more than adequate.
    I was so convinced that the preferred viewing size drop-down was worthless that I had hidden it with CSS as I thought it was just confusing users. Now I see that it does do something useful for the thumb views (traditional and all-thumbs). So, I agree, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to lose it when the popup is opened from the smugmug view.

Here's one other strange thing. If I am viewing a gallery in smugmug view and I click on the large link, I get a screen (not a popup window) that has the "preferred viewing size" drop-down in it. If this is how I use the service, smugmug view and clicking on the large link, I'm presented with an option for preferred viewing size that never does anything. I think there's no reason for it to be in this window.

Edit: I've now hidden the drop-down in the singleImage view (not the popup view) with CSS since I can't figure out what it does.

#singleImage #sizePicker {display:none;}
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    I was so convinced that the preferred viewing size drop-down was worthless that I had hidden it with CSS as I thought it was just confusing users. Now I see that it does do something useful for the thumb views (traditional and all-thumbs). So, I agree, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to lose it when the popup is opened from the smugmug view.

Here's one other strange thing. If I am viewing a gallery in smugmug view and I click on the large link, I get a screen (not a popup window) that has the "preferred viewing size" drop-down in it. If this is how I use the service, smugmug view and clicking on the large link, I'm presented with an option for preferred viewing size that never does anything. I think there's no reason for it to be in this window.

Edit: I've now hidden the drop-down in the singleImage view (not the popup view) with CSS since I can't figure out what it does.

#singleImage #sizePicker {display:none;}

I can't confirm this, John. Try this gallery: http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/995228

SmugMug Style. Click "large," image opens in same browser window, size large. I can now use the image size dropdown to change to small, or medium. It works as expected, as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    Seven problems with the preferred viewing size drop-down
    Andy wrote:
    I can't confirm this, John. Try this gallery: http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/995228

SmugMug Style. Click "large," image opens in same browser window, size large. I can now use the image size dropdown to change to small, or medium. It works as expected, as far as I can tell.
    Yes, it changes the size in that pop-up window, but there are many things wrong. Here's a dissection of the problem areas. I'm going to use a couple abbreviations to save myself some typing (PUW = popup image window, DD = drop down for "preferred viewing size, PVSDD = preferred viewing style drop down", SMVS = smugmug viewing style).

Problem #1 (PVS setting sticky in some places, not sticky in other places):

Smugmug style. Click on main image. PUW opens. Image always opens at large size, regardless of what was previously chosen in the PVSDD. Set PVSDD to small in the PUW. PUW changes to show small image. Close window. Change gallery to all-thumbs. Click on a thumb. Image shows in small size (because that was the last size chosen in the PVSDD). So, the PVSDD is persistent in some places and not persistent in other places which confuses the heck out of users. In my case, it caused me to accidentally get into a state where the all-thumbs view opens "original size" images when I never wanted that and I concluded that the all-thumbs view was just busted.

IMO, the PVSDD should NOT be persistent from the smugmug viewing style. It is useful to have ONE persistent setting that only applies to the traditional and all-thumb views and it should be set only from those views. Right now it gets set in a view that it's not persistent in (the SMVS), but it's persistent in a different view. It is not needed to be able to change the image size from the PUW from the WMVS because the user already has links to the other sizes right in that view. So, I'd probably get rid of the DD in this window entirely. If you really want to be able to switch to other sized images from that window, then just put links to the other sizes just like the SMVS has. That will prevent any confusion between "what size should I view this image now?" vs. "what is my preferred viewing size when opening images from the all-thumbs or traditional views?"

Problem #2: PVSDD shows the wrong size when opened from SMVS.

Smugmug viewing style. Click on the main image. PUW opens. Set PVSDD to small. Image changes to small size. Close PUW. Click on the main image again. PUW opens. It still shows a large version of the image, but the PVSDD shows small. In fact, you can't even select small because the DD thinks it's already showing the small size when the large size is what is showing. Half of this window thinks that it's showing the large size and half thinks it's showing the small size.

Problem #3: The PVSDD in the PUW shows sizes that are not available.
    It appears that the PVSDD shows all sizes whether or not they are allowed. For example, it shows "original" when originals are not available.

Problem #4: The PUW always required scrolling, it's persistently a little bit too small.

With Firefox 1.5 on Windows, when I open a PUW, it's always just a little small for the image and has scroll bars both vertically and horizontallly even though there is plenty of screen size. It seems that the point of the PUW is to be able to see the whole image so if it fits on screen with smugmug chrome, the window ought to be made big enough to not require scrolling.

Problem #5: The PVSDD from the traditional or all-thumbs view shows sizes that are not available.

This is basically the same as #3, but it happens in the main window rather than the PUW after clicking on a thumb in traditional or all-thumbs.

Problem #6: The PVSDD is present when clicking a direct size link from the SMVS.
    SMVS. Click the "large" link to switch to a large version of the image. The main smugmug window switches to large version of the image. That window again has the PVSDD in it. Change the PVSDD. It changes the size of the image currently viewed. But, like in #1, it doesn't appear to affect any viewing preference from the SMVS. But, worse than that, it does affect the viewing preference for what image opens from traditional and all-thumbs. Again, it's really easy to accidentally change the viewing preference from all-thumbs and traditional to something you don't want (either something small or original). Since there is a direct link to all the other sizes of the image right in this screen, there's really no reason to have the PVSDD in this screen (thus why I hid it with CSS). All it does is change a preference for another viewing style without the user realizing they were doing that.

Problem #7: PVSDD has a bad interaction with the back key.

All-thumbs view. Click on a thumb. Current window switches to show a larger version of that image. Change size using PVSDD. The current window changes to show the requested size (if you pick a size that is available). Hit back twice in the browser to get back to the thumbs (a common user behavior). Click on a different thumb. The image opens does not open in the recently selected "preferred viewing size". It opens in the same size that the first image opened in before you changed the preferred viewing size.

My summary is that the PVSDD works as a user would expect it to from the traditional and all-thumbs views except for the back-button issue in #7. It changes the currently viewed image and changes the size that future images will open in. And, it's useful.

PVSDD is way more confusing than useful in the PUW when coming from the SMVS. If you want to allow users to pick different sizes to view from the PUW, then use links to the other sizes just like you do other places and do not label it "preferred viewing style" because it is NOT setting a preferred viewing style when coming from the SMVS. Further, it is setting a preferred viewing style in another view that the user has no idea about.

My recommendation would be to do the following to fix these issues (though there are likely other valid solutions too):
    • Remove the PVSDD from the PUW that comes up when you click on the image in the SMVS (and a few other styles too).
    • Add links to the PUW to the other available sizes that let you easily change to just the other available sizes, but when you change to those sizes don't set anything persistently. That should just be how I want this window to display right now, not influence anything else in the future.
    • Fix the window size for the PUW so that it shows the whole window content without scrollbars (if it fits).
    • In the PVSDD that is present when opened from all-thumbs or traditional views, only offer the sizes in the DD that are actually available.
    • When you are in the SMVS and you click a direct size link don't show the PVSDD. It is not needed and serves no purpose. The window already contains links to all the other sizes and setting the PVSDD here just effects other views, not this one.
    • I don't know how to fix problem #7.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    Yes, it changes the size in that pop-up window,

Hi John,
    I'm not referring to any pop-up window, I'm referring to viewing in SmugMug Style, like you mentioned above. There's no popup when you click on "large" for example in the gallery I linked in my reply..

Just want to be clear. And also to state that the preferred viewing style dropdown does indeed work, you can change to small, med, etc.

Now I'll read the res of your above post.
  • Options
    Bandit959Bandit959 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    Upload Problem: Files don't appear in gallery
    I have a wierd one .....

I created a gallery and then used teh Mac tool to upload some images. Now I was uploading 100 at a time through the "files", not the iPhoto part of the app. I was able to choose the correct folder, and started the upload.

Everything appeared to be normal. There was progress as the uploader went through all 100. So I go to check outthe directory and it's empty! And I was charged the bandwidth to upload teh 100 pictures. (About 50 meg)

So I tried some troubleshooting by uploading just a couple of images, and a couple work at a time. So I suspect that it's some limit that lives around the 50 meg point and/or 100 files.

Any thoughts? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2005
    Bandit959 wrote:
    I have a wierd one .....

I created a gallery and then used teh Mac tool to upload some images. Now I was uploading 100 at a time through the "files", not the iPhoto part of the app. I was able to choose the correct folder, and started the upload.

Everything appeared to be normal. There was progress as the uploader went through all 100. So I go to check outthe directory and it's empty! And I was charged the bandwidth to upload teh 100 pictures. (About 50 meg)

So I tried some troubleshooting by uploading just a couple of images, and a couple work at a time. So I suspect that it's some limit that lives around the 50 meg point and/or 100 files.

Any thoughts? ne_nau.gif

Hi Bandit, thanks for posting - sorry you're having troubles - I'll look into it and try to get back to you soon.

Thanks for your patience.
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2005
    Thanks Andy;
    I just tried the same experiement again with 18 images. It looks like these didn't make it either. And the gallery shows that it was updated yesterday when I tried uploading just 2.

After this, I thought it might have been a browser cache issue. But I closed the browser and reopened and got the same thing.

I did check the stats page and these aren't even showing up as being uploaded. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    OlgaJOlgaJ Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    Bandit,

That sounds like the problem I was having the other day. Are you on Comcast, by any chance?

Olga
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2005
    OlgaJ wrote:
    Bandit,

That sounds like the problem I was having the other day. Are you on Comcast, by any chance?

Olga

Hey Olga;
    Thanks for that bit of info! Actually, I do *use* Comcast. Hmmmmmm. So were you able to solve the issue yourself or did Comcast have to get involved? Or is it still ongoing?
  • Options
    OlgaJOlgaJ Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    Bandit959 wrote:
    Hey Olga;
    Thanks for that bit of info! Actually, I do *use* Comcast. Hmmmmmm. So were you able to solve the issue yourself or did Comcast have to get involved? Or is it still ongoing?

I just waited a few hours and tried later. I'm in Texas; out of curiosity, where are you? And no, I would never waste my time with trying to get Comcast involved. It would get me nowhere.

Olga
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2005
    I'm up in the Boston area.

Unfortunately, I tried last night and this AM and I still get the same results. :-(

I have had little success with Comcast tech support so I can appreciate your perspective. Well, I'll try cycling the router and cable modem. Maybe that will help.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2005
    Hey, I found a small bug with Safari 2.0.2 (it doesn't show up on Firefox 1.0.2 on Mac...). If you enter text in the search box in the smugmug home page, the autocomplete listed below (where it shows the number of hits for each entry) will end at 6 characters. For example, if you type "williams" in the search field, the list below will have numerous entries, all as "willia". Small, but annoying.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited December 25, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Hey, I found a small bug with Safari 2.0.2 (it doesn't show up on Firefox 1.0.2 on Mac...). If you enter text in the search box in the smugmug home page, the autocomplete listed below (where it shows the number of hits for each entry) will end at 6 characters. For example, if you type "williams" in the search field, the list below will have numerous entries, all as "willia". Small, but annoying.

Thanks David.
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    Bug: Image-title/-popup flickers when description is too long
    Many people devise galleries for 'gear', 'contact us', 'pricing' etc.
    These galleries are fixed to 'Journal' style with non-clickable images with possibly loooong descriptions (e.g. pricing options, gear descriptions).

Smugmug generates a 'title' attribute for each image(s) containing its description.

If the description is very long, the text in the 'title' attribute becomes very long as well. IE can not handle this. The pop-up title starts flickering. This is very very annoying.

E.g., go to http://brandolinofamilyimaging.smugmug.com/gallery/1091885
    and hover your mouse over the image (not the logo-image, but the one and only gallery image) using Internet Explorer. See what happens.

-- Anton.
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2006
    Many people devise galleries for 'gear', 'contact us', 'pricing' etc.
    These galleries are fixed to 'Journal' style with non-clickable images with possibly loooong descriptions (e.g. pricing options, gear descriptions).

Smugmug generates a 'title' attribute for each image(s) containing its description.

If the description is very long, the text in the 'title' attribute becomes very long as well. IE can not handle this. The pop-up title starts flickering. This is very very annoying.

E.g., go to http://brandolinofamilyimaging.smugmug.com/gallery/1091885
    and hover your mouse over the image (not the logo-image, but the one and only gallery image) using Internet Explorer. See what happens.

-- Anton.

EZ. Turn off the Hover Text :D

Better Now?
  • Options
    Erie BuoyErie Buoy Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    Ommisions from smugmug help pages, and mouse-over problems with "hint" text
    It took me awhile to understand two things that should be added to the smugmug Help Pages:

1. The idea that a "fan" of your site is defined as someone who requests to be a "friend" of your site but has not been identified as a "friend" of yours. This little nugget is harder to find since the forum search won't search on three letter words -- I could only find the post (http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=23188) using a Google search of dgrin.

2. The timeline feature, if not displayed as an option to add to your page in either the control panel or the logged-in version of your homepage, is not yet available to you. It will become available when smugmug has indexed all of the photos (this is as I understand it, anyway).

These bits of information are available in the dgrin forums, but should be more accessible. Admittedly, they aren't very important bits . . . but there's no reason to leave them as mysteries.

Also, when I mouse-over the little question marks that follow the options in the "customize gallery" page, the text is often obscured behind the list boxes for the customization option. Can the help text be brought to the foreground?

Cheers,

Matt
    Explore (and add to!) smugmug co-branding on del.icio.us
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2006
    Hi Erie Buoy, thanks for posting, and wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!
    Erie Buoy wrote:
    It took me awhile to understand two things that should be added to the smugmug Help Pages:

1. The idea that a "fan" of your site is defined as someone who requests to be a "friend" of your site but has not been identified as a "friend" of yours. This little nugget is harder to find since the forum search won't search on three letter words -- I could only find the post (http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=23188) using a Google search of dgrin.

Thanks -- we'll work to correct that - in fact - we're working on some improvements to the help page even now. BTW, if you "search" when in www.smugmug.com/help, you'll get results delivered via google.
    Erie Buoy wrote:
    2. The timeline feature, if not displayed as an option to add to your page in either the control panel or the logged-in version of your homepage, is not yet available to you. It will become available when smugmug has indexed all of the photos (this is as I understand it, anyway).
    See the SmugMug help page on timeline - nothing's changed since then.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/timeline
    Erie Buoy wrote:
    These bits of information are available in the dgrin forums, but should be more accessible. Admittedly, they aren't very important bits . . . but there's no reason to leave them as mysteries.

Also, when I mouse-over the little question marks that follow the options in the "customize gallery" page, the text is often obscured behind the list boxes for the customization option. Can the help text be brought to the foreground?

I don't see that - which browser are you using when you see this?
  • Options
    Erie BuoyErie Buoy Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Erie Buoy, thanks for posting, and wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!
    Thanks! Great forum, btw. I lurked for a long time, but joined dgrin when I upgraded to a power account and got excited about customizing our site.
    Andy wrote:
    See the SmugMug help page on timeline - nothing's changed since then.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/timeline
    Let me backup and explain my problem, and then we can figure out whether the help page helps me.

My problem is that I don't have the timeline feature on my homepage, and I don't seem to have any option to add it on either my control panel page or my logged-in homepage (in the same manner that the "top 100 photo keywords" box is displayed and manipulated). Other users seem to have the ability to add the "Timeline" box to their homepage. (These are users with user-level accounts, so I know that adding this feature doesn't require co-branding/customization work.)

If I follow the instructions on the help page that you reference (i.e. adding /date after my address), I can use the feature, but I can't seem to make the "Timeline" box available to visitors on my homepage. On a brand-new user-level account, this feature seems to appear automatically on the homepage, just like the keyword display does. As I understand it, the option to add the timeline to my homepage will become available to me when the crawling task has reached some future point.

When I first saw the timeline feature on the homepage of a friend's new account, I was intriqued and wanted to add it to my homepage. It took me a while to get any feedback as to why I don't seem to have the option to display on my homepage, and it is this last issue that I think should be addressed on the Timeline help page. Maybe other people feel that it is addressed, but not explicitly enough for a thick-skulled individual like me.

(This "timeline" horse wasn't even worth killing, but I think the ol' mare is now dead . . . sorry to waste your time. But, now you know my point, fwiw.)
    Andy wrote:
    I don't see that - which browser are you using when you see this?
    I'm using IE v6.0.2900... The "hint" text is only obscured by drop-down list boxes, not radio buttons or text entry boxes.
    Explore (and add to!) smugmug co-branding on del.icio.us
  • Options
    winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2006
    Filmstrip
    Is the official position of smugmug that the filmstrip is currently functioning properly? I have seen many complaints on dgrin that the direction of movement is counter intuitive. Since every film strip style page I have ever seen (and there are a lot out there) operates in the other direction, I agree with them.

If everyone at smugmug is content with the current functionality, I urge them to look to their customers for guidance. Go out and show someone new smugmug's filmstrip, and see how they interact with it.

-winn
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2006
    winnjewett wrote:
    Is the official position of smugmug that the filmstrip is currently functioning properly? I have seen many complaints on dgrin that the direction of movement is counter intuitive. Since every film strip style page I have ever seen (and there are a lot out there) operates in the other direction, I agree with them.

If everyone at smugmug is content with the current functionality, I urge them to look to their customers for guidance. Go out and show someone new smugmug's filmstrip, and see how they interact with it.

-winn

Thanks winn. It's not a but - works as it's supposed to. The official position, yes, it's working properly. We'll take this as a vote for "you'd like it the other way." BTW, it's not that "we at SmugMug" are content with it -we've received, relative to our customer base and viewership (1,000,000+ per day) *very* little email about the filmstrip functionality. Doesn't mean that you're wrong, at all. I'm just putting it in perspective :D

Cheers Winn!
  • Options
    winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks winn. It's not a but - works as it's supposed to. The official position, yes, it's working properly. We'll take this as a vote for "you'd like it the other way." BTW, it's not that "we at SmugMug" are content with it -we've received, relative to our customer base and viewership (1,000,000+ per day) *very* little email about the filmstrip functionality. Doesn't mean that you're wrong, at all. I'm just putting it in perspective :D

Cheers Winn!

Fair enough. I was just bafled because I have probably seen 50 similar websites from photographers, and all of them function the other way. My guess is that the smugmug user base is a tolorant crowd, and feels that the direction of travel of the film strip isn't worth sending an email about.

-winn
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2006
    winnjewett wrote:
    Fair enough. I was just bafled because I have probably seen 50 similar websites from photographers, and all of them function the other way. My guess is that the smugmug user base is a tolorant crowd, and feels that the direction of travel of the film strip isn't worth sending an email about.

-winn

Could you link a few of those websites please? Thanks.
  • Options
    photomomophotomomo Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2006
    Orders cant see all thumbs
    I placed an order for multiple prints this morning and could not see several of the thumbnails. They were entirely grey. Clicking on the image brought me back to the main window and it was the correct picture. Same thing happended last night to the same images. Two different computers on two different networks were used. Both computers were running windiws xp.

is there a problem?

alan morris (photomomo)
  • Options
    dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2006
    filmstrip dirction
    winnjewett wrote:

-winn

My vote:
    I definately thought the filmstrip moved the wrong way the first time I used it....just didn't bother to post it.
This discussion has been closed.