Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Not a bug, as near as I can tell. You first have to click on "position" for categories, too.. THEN you can organize subcats by position :D.. try it?

ok, then what am I doing wrong?
    bigwebguy wrote:
    I can click the "by position" link on my categories box on my homepage and i get the "organize" option. however when i click "by position" on any of my category pages, it just reloads the page without switching to actually being organized by position.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    ahbengahbeng Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 18, 2006
    i'm having exactly the same problem as bigwebguy :(
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    I have escalated. Thanks.
  • Options
    gblottergblotter Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    view cart icon gets chopped on right side when viewing in smugmug small format
    I noticed a bug. When viewing a gallery in the smugmug small format, the view cart icon gets chopped on the right side (runs past the edge of the display box).
  • Options
    gblottergblotter Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    gblotter wrote:
    I noticed a bug. When viewing a gallery in the smugmug small format, the view cart icon gets chopped on the right side (runs past the edge of the display box).

This seems to be a problem only for IE. Firefox displays correctly.
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2006
    gblotter wrote:
    This seems to be a problem only for IE. Firefox displays correctly.

Well I'll be. Thanks Greg. I'll make sure JT sees this.
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2006
  • Options
    dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    any comments on this .... I'm curious

did you miss it, or are you ignoring me :cry
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    any comments on this .... I'm curious

did you miss it, or are you ignoring me :cry

We don't ignore anyone, I promise you, dmc. This thread is read by all of us. We don't comment on somethings, but we read all of it.

In this case - "stay tuned..."
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    Andy, I was wondering if there was ever any sort of response to this post (Seven problems with "preferred viewing size"). I went to great detail to try to document where all the inconsistencies are in that popup and it sounds like you were going to read it and think about it, but then the holidays hit and it seems like it just scrolled off the list and the thread continued with all the other things that end up in the bug reporting thread and nothing more about this issue.

wave.gif Hi John - please have a look at the site now, and let us know your thoughts :D
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    I

I thought maybe you guys had just recently enhanced the gallery sort feature, but I tried gallery sort from a CATEGORY and all 153 galleries were displayed. :cry

just an FYI at this point

Try now? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    hmmm...i'm getting similar behavior. I can click the "by position" link on my categories box on my homepage and i get the "organize" option. however when i click "by position" on any of my category pages, it just reloads the page without switching to actually being organized by position.

i'm moving this over to the bug reports thread.

Try again? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Hey, I found a small bug with Safari 2.0.2 (it doesn't show up on Firefox 1.0.2 on Mac...). If you enter text in the search box in the smugmug home page, the autocomplete listed below (where it shows the number of hits for each entry) will end at 6 characters. For example, if you type "williams" in the search field, the list below will have numerous entries, all as "willia". Small, but annoying.

Fixed - have a look.
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2006
    Not really a bug per se, but something that needs working on. While checking Poseidon's Did I do this right thread, I tried adding all 200 some odd photos to the cart. It took forever. I feel like if I customer does this, they might think it timed out or something. Why does it take forever anyways?

Try this again, now? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2006
    gblotter wrote:
    This is a previously reported bug that I submitted through regular smumug support a couple of months ago. For specific galleries, I cannot zoom thumbnails to a 1x1 format. Smugmug rejects the attempt. This has been verified/acknowledged as a legitimate bug, but quite a bit of time has gone by with no action. I am stuck in the customization and formatting for some of my galleries because of this problem. When can a fix be expected? Please ping JT on this one.

Not a bug - images were in transition. Greg, let us know if you still cannot zoom those thumbs please?
  • Options
    dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    woohoo
    Andy wrote:
    Try now? ear.gif

oooo new stuff!!!!bowdown.gif

I can arrange my Categories!!! thumb.gif wooohooo....

looking for more...clap.gif
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2006
    winnjewett wrote:
    When you look at a scroll bar on a word document, do you think, "I'd like the text to move down, so I'll click the one the down arrow"?

-winn

Hey winn, re: Filmstrip directionals...and changing the direction of the filmstrip:

try this in your JS :D

//filmStrip values you can override:
    rightMoves = 5;
    leftMoves = -5;
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2006
    BubbaJon wrote:
    I noticed that if you empty your cart there is no link that I can find to go back to viewing pictures. Seems to me there should be a "continue shopping" button to go back to the gallery where the user was last browsing. Or am I missing something?
    Regards,
    Jon

wave.gif Hiya BubbJon, try it again now :D
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2006
    When a user browses your site and changes the gallery style to Slideshow or Filmstrip, then does a search for keywords, a javascript error is returned and the pictures don't show.

How to reproduce (example):
    -Go to http://www.streetsofboston.com
    -Go into a gallery.
    -Change the gallery style to either Slideshow or Filmstrip.
    -Then go to this URL: http://www.streetsofboston.com/keyword/portfolio
    (or do a 'Search... --> Keywords in Streets Of Boston --> portfolio').
    -Page loads, but errors out on javascript error (onStart not found).
    Try this with SMUGSEARCH Anton ear.gif
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    This bug report spun out of this thread. Here's how to see this bug:

1) Set your gallery to the smugmug style
    2) Click on the main image when viewing a gallery in the smugmug style
    3) A popup window will open with a drop-down in it that says: "Preferred viewing size". Change that drop-down to "Original".
    4) Close the pop-up window.
    5) Click on the main image when viewing a gallery in the smugmug style again.
    6) The same popup window will open again with the image still in the large size. It doesn't matter what you picked in this drop-down. It appears to have NO affect at all on what the smugmug style opens when you click on the main image. This is not true in the traditional or all-thumbs view. This drop-down does determine which image size is opened from those views. Very confusing.

I've been an active smugmug customer for more than a year and I concluded that this drop-down didn't do anything. I was so sure it didn't do anything that I actually hid it using CSS so as to not confuse my users. Now I find that it does do something in some scenarios. It controls what size image opens when using the traditional or all-thumbs views.

There are several different choices for how this could be changed/fixed.

Option a) In scenarios where this drop-down doesn't do anything, stop showing it. So, when opening an image that will not be affected by what you've set this drop-down to, don't confuse the user by showing it to them. That would mean that it should only be present when open an image from a view that respects the setting like traditional or all-thumbs.

Option b) Make all views respect this setting so that the smugmug view would be change to open that sized image when you click on the main image. This keeps it consistent so if you see the popup, it works for you and you won't think it's broken and you will be able to learn what it does.

Option c) Get rid of the sticky popup all together. When opening a popup window when the user has not specified the size they want from their method of opening the window (e.g. when they clicked on an image, not on one of the specific size links), then just pick an intelligent default choice for what size to open for each circumstance and give the user links to the other sizes in the window that they open up (the same size UI they have in other views).

Fixed.. I should think :Dear.gif
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2006
    tibu wrote:
    Hi

Today I noticed a small bug. I'm copying several of my geotagged pictures to a single site and I noticed that upon doing a "Make 2nd copy" the geographic data is lost.
    The other data like caption is preserved so I guess this is a bug

Carlos

This is fixed with the new release today.
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2006
    gblotter wrote:

Greg, JT's got this and we hope to get it out soon - it was easy for him to fix. Thanks for alerting us to it!
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    When you view a large picture in single image this image has a link to the same large page. Therefore you could click on it endless times and still would wind up on the same page over and over.
    When originals are turned on this is over ridden by the lightbox and therefore no issue anymore.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2006
    When you view a large picture in single image this image has a link to the same large page. Therefore you could click on it endless times and still would wind up on the same page over and over.
    When originals are turned on this is over ridden by the lightbox and therefore no issue anymore.

Sebastian

Not a bug, but what you're saying is, when ORIGINALS are disabled, can we disable the link? Probably do it via customization, eh, Sebastian? ear.gif
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Not a bug, but what you're saying is, when ORIGINALS are disabled, can we disable the link? Probably do it via customization, eh, Sebastian? ear.gif
    So you say this is a feature? Then could you or someone else explain this feature to me please? I don't get it. What's the point of having a link that points to itself? ne_nau.gif
    True - I could add some more javascript to disable this behaviour, but it's not such a big deal for me and if it's of no use for most people I would prefer having it disabled by you globaly. mwink.gif

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2006
    So you say this is a feature? Then could you or someone else explain this feature to me please? I don't get it. What's the point of having a link that points to itself? ne_nau.gif
    True - I could add some more javascript to disable this behaviour, but it's not such a big deal for me and if it's of no use for most people I would prefer having it disabled by you globaly. mwink.gif

Thanks,
    Sebastian

Let's see what JT has to say... Thanks Sebastian!
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Yeah, this slipped through, I will fix it in the next update.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2006
    So you say this is a feature?

Of course not naughty.gif
    JT to the rescue :D
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    A couple of issues with the new Overlay look.

All Thumbnails view.

Click on thumbnail = get Large of image. Preferred size is Large.

Click on Large image to get Overlay.

Overlay = Original. Tried it on more than one gallery, same effect.

So, two issues. First, it takes two clicks to get to Overlay from All Thumbnails gallery.

Second, Overlay defaults to Original size when reached through All Thumbnails via the second click.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
This discussion has been closed.