Options

The Car Talk Thread

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 30, 2006
    gus wrote:
    Your going to need one that already has the mods then 'eh ?
    Gus, time to stop playing video games. Those aren't for real!

Right?... eek7.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    antrieb wrote:
    It has to be a 5-speed manual, no automatic cars are allowed at my house! Even my mom's CRV and step-dads 4Runner have manual boxes...

Also I wouldn't pay someone to do a manual swap, its really easy if you have all the parts to do it and it has been documented many times. He would just rather start with a manual car.

Well, ok, whatever on the stick shift only cars, I guess you guys don't live in the big city. But, why a 535? Why not a E30 or something like that?
  • Options
    antriebantrieb Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    But, why a 535? Why not a E30 or something like that?
    Why not an e30? I can think of loads of reasons; He has already had one, they have a timing belt, they're slow, they're older, a clean one is more expensive then a 535iM, 4-lug, crappy air bags, no creature comforts... the list goes on.
    Photography runs in my blood :andy

http://zwilliams.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Gus, time to stop playing video games. Those aren't for real!

Right?... eek7.gif
    Sure are...watch here to see a perfectly good red 5 series BM change into one over the next 12 months.
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2006
    gus wrote:
    Sure are...watch here to see a perfectly good red 5 series BM change into one over the next 12 months.
    rolleyes1.gif Zing!
    Erik

• Options
    edited November 30, 2006
    8 cylinders
    I'm running on all 8 now boys, and once again I have a big dumb grin on my face. I unplugged each ignition coil while the car was running to see which plug or coil was the culprit. I found it, took out the plug and it was a mess. Must have been a bad plug out of the box or something but all the ceramic was cracked and it had tons of gunky crap all in it. I am using Bosche Platinum +2 which is what it came with from the factory.

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    Just got this for the brother of Antrieb:

114124008-L.jpg

Thanks, Zac, for finding it.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2006
    No problem dad. It was actually one of my minions that found it for me :)

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    antrieb wrote:
    No problem dad. It was actually one of my minions that found it for me :)

Like father, like son. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Like father, like son. :D
    Yeah as soon as he told me what I had to do, I looked in the 4-5 places I normally would, then I put out feelers on 3 websites, then I IM'd everyone on my buddy list. Finally one of them came through :)

Only took me about 2 days to find a car that they only made around 2,000 of :)

• Options
    edited December 1, 2006
    antrieb wrote:
    Only took me about 2 days to find a car that they only made around 2,000 of :)
    Good. Now find me a Wii, for Trevor.

GO!
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    me too me too!!! :D
    Erik

• Options
    edited December 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Just got this for the brother of Antrieb:

Thanks, Zac, for finding it.

Me likey. I like it more than Zacs cause it doesnt have that lower skirt thing and it's not red.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:

GO!

Heh...now I feel bad, because I saw these in stock somewhere...but I can't remember where.

Wait...I'm not sure if this is open to everyone, or maybe do you have an AmEx card? I think American Express store has them in stock.
    EDIT: NEVERMIND, I WAS WRONG

In other news, my car won't be happening until next year, I got scammed on ebay, and i dropped my old laptop that I was going to give to my dad and cracked the motherboard...dammit.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2006
    In other news, my car won't be happening until next year, I got scammed on ebay, and i dropped my old laptop that I was going to give to my dad and cracked the motherboard...dammit.
    damn, rough day. sorry dude.
    Erik

• Options
    edited December 1, 2006
    Me likey. I like it more than Zacs cause it doesnt have that lower skirt thing and it's not red.
    What? Lame... Are you talking about the front Reiger lip? Our sides and rear are identical.

• Options
    edited December 1, 2006
    antrieb wrote:
    What? Lame... Are you talking about the front Reiger lip? Our sides and rear are identical.

Yep, that front one.
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    Yep, that front one.
    Well in my opinion, it needs something there. Mine is just about as basic as you can get.

• Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    antrieb wrote:
    Well in my opinion, it needs something there. Mine is just about as basic as you can get.

Part of it is selective yellow fog lights dont really work with that car. And the clear sidemarkers aint doing it for me either.

Also, on your photoshopped version, why make the wheel centers grey? Why not body color?
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    edited December 2, 2006
    Don't look here. :nah And if you are Antrieb, really don't look here. :nah :nah
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    Part of it is selective yellow fog lights dont really work with that car. And the clear sidemarkers aint doing it for me either.

Also, on your photoshopped version, why make the wheel centers grey? Why not body color?
    euroeesni5.jpg
    I might take the foglights out, those are easy to fix if its ugly when I'm done. What clear side markers? Those are smoked, clears are almost a white color. I think these match the headlights, the wheel centers, the tinted windows, and the trim. Too many colors is bad. The wheels body color? I hope your joking...

• Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    antrieb wrote:
    I might take the foglights out, those are easy to fix if its ugly when I'm done. What clear side markers? Those are smoked, clears are almost a white color. I think these match the headlights, the wheel centers, the tinted windows, and the trim. Too many colors is bad. The wheels body color? I hope your joking...

you may be right about the wheels. With wheels that complicated and with that color body, maybe body color centers wouldn't look good. But I think in that case monocolor wheels would look the best.

Who said too many colors is bad? I think the orange turn signals look way better. In fact, when I looked at the before and after pics you showed (after photoshopping that is), I liked the before a lot more.
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    damn, rough day. sorry dude.

On the ebay scammer, he has a unique enough name that I was able to figure out where he lives...at home with his mom. Douche
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    I just got a serious 6k offer for my car and I think I'm going to take it. Probably will buy a 325ix for the winter or something.

• Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    antrieb wrote:
    I just got a serious 6k offer for my car and I think I'm going to take it. Probably will buy a 325ix for the winter or something.
    325ix... look, a chicken!

What was I talking about?
    Erik

• Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    325ix... look, a chicken!

What was I talking about?

I have no clue what you're talking about...but I may not have been scammed on ebay after all...just seller issues. We'll see.

And Zac, get a 6 series.
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    I have no clue what you're talking about...
    That was supposed to be a joke... in reference to Z's short attention span.

Look, another chicken!
    (I wish I remember what movie this reference was from, apparently, I'm the only one who's seen it lol3.gif)
    Erik

• Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    That was supposed to be a joke... in reference to Z's short attention span.

Look, another chicken!
    (I wish I remember what movie this reference was from, apparently, I'm the only one who's seen it lol3.gif)

There's another chicken...crazy chicken world. (that's from Mystery Men, a pretty awful movie and having nothing really to do with cars...)
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2006
    antrieb wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2006
    antrieb wrote:
    Great. That means I can send back the box of fancy lights that just got delivered here to the house, with $600 worth of smoke-colored lights for your current car. You won't be needing them. It's fine, Zach. No problem at all. I could use the $$$, there's a new, obscenely overpriced lens from Canon coming out this month, and I want it, bad. Now, with the $$ from your Christmas gift, it's a no-brainer!

stocking_coal.jpg