Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    PWysardPWysard Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    Just me!
    Hey all... Just thought I'd introduce myself...check out http://wysardphotofolio.smugmug.com I'm...somewhat new to photography but I'm learning every day. All I KNOW so far is I love bein' behind the camera....well and I can't wait to get a better camera...hehe

Hope you like... Looking forward to feedback!

Pete Wysard
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    G'day everyone & a huge welcome to D/grin. Please remember the thread title is 'Show us your mug' and introduce yourself.

This means post a shot of yourself.

Ta gus
  • Options
    ScottoScotto Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    wave.gif Hi everyone.

First post here and here I am, picture was taken at Donington Park by my Dad.

I use a EOS 350D the standard 18-55 along with a Sigma 70-300mm. Recently purchased a BG-E3 battery grip, the feel of the camera has completly changed.. it feels 100% better.
    My SmugMug | Follow me on Twitter | iChat: ScottMacUser
  • Options
    mjmhughesmjmhughes Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2006
    Help needed!!!!
    ne_nau.gifHi,
    Hope this is the right way to get started here. Took me awhile to sus it out. How do you post photos here. Am a bit confused on the procedure, being a newbie. Any one help?headscratch.gif
  • Options
    beevee83beevee83 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2006
    not sure...
    darn. just lost the whole thing I just wrote.

anyway. name is bethany... here I am!

I have come here to have my say to make SMUGMUG better... better .... better... and more better!

love it. Good job guys.

so much room to grow... so much more to love!

b
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2006
    mjmhughes wrote:
    ne_nau.gifHi,
    Hope this is the right way to get started here. Took me awhile to sus it out. How do you post photos here. Am a bit confused on the procedure, being a newbie. Any one help?headscratch.gif

Yep! Check out the link in my signature for a tutorial on how to post a pic.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2006
    G'day everyone & a huge welcome to D/grin. Please remember the thread title is 'Show us your mug' and introduce yourself.

This means post a shot of yourself.

Ta gus
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2006
    Scotto wrote:
    wave.gif Hi everyone.

First post here and here I am, picture was taken at Donington Park by my Dad.

I use a EOS 350D the standard 18-55 along with a Sigma 70-300mm. Recently purchased a BG-E3 battery grip, the feel of the camera has completly changed.. it feels 100% better.

G'day Scotto MJ & PV...welcome to dgrin
  • Options
    Brooks PBrooks P Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    Darn, another newbie to muck things up
    My name is Brooks and I just joined to day. I have been hanging out over at dpreview where my user-name was Brooks P. I will be using that same user-id here. I started in the Sony forum over there when I got a F717 in Oct of 2002. This year I decided it was time for a new camera and I now have a D50 and a couple of lenses, well three actually.

Hope to get to know some of you. My intentions here are the same as my intentions were over there, Share some knowledge*, make some friends, have some fun.
    78313737-L.jpg

*Hopefully I can contribute, but I may be taking more than I'm giving when it comes to knowledge of photography.
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    Brooks P wrote:
    ...but I may be taking more than I'm giving ...
    Heh - aren't we all? :D Welcome aboard!

(and before someone says something, just remember... we're all above average here :):)
  • Options
    dancing-hedgehogdancing-hedgehog Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2006
    I've been lurking for some time
    Hi everyone!
    I'm finally writing my first post here :):
    I guess we all have to start somewhere, but posting my own mug is too intimidating for me. I have an adorable dog that owns me and doesn't mind having his picture posted.

2005-05-19-06.jpg

I've been casually using photoshop since version 3.0. I currently have CS, and still don't know how to use most of the features...
    I finally got a digital SLR (20D) about a year ago, with a Tamron 90mm macro lens. I have an ancient Quantaray 28-200 I bought with my analog EOS, and it is so pathetic rolleyes1.gif I'm hoping to get a couple of decent lenses to replace this useless piece of glass. Meanwhile, I am staying busy with mostly macro pics of flowers and lots of scanning and touching up of older pics.

I've been taking classes at an art studio for a couple of years now, working with charcoal and pastels. I'm not very good at it, but it's been a helpful learning experience.

That's all for now :gone
    Tammy :):
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2006
    I always end up with the best photos of myself. umph.gif

Taken this weekend in my new sea kayak. :D

79012274-M.jpg
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2006
    patch29 wrote:

79012274-S.jpg

rolleyes1.gif

How's the water taste?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif

How's the water taste?

You're now supposed to drink it. blbl.gif
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    patch29 wrote:

79012274-M.jpg

Is that a "sea kayak" or an Undersea Kayak?
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    Elf1Elf1 Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Over and whelmed
    Just signed on to smugmug 2 days ago and love it; found this here place while reading their help. Have poked around a bunch and I don't know whether I'll be here much--life is already too full of everything--but what the heck, here I am now.

Self portraits from last week, taken in earlier morning & later afternoon, trying to get the same lighting with a basic digital snapshot for before-and-after perming--which I did--both washed out faces! Grumble. And I haven't been able to improve much with Photoshop Elements. I keep thinking I've learned sooooo much about photography (still prefer my SLR if I'm serious about good shots) but then I go back to feeling like a newbie all over again. Oh, well, keeps me out of trouble--

http://elf1.smugmug.com/photos/79383653-M.jpg

http://elf1.smugmug.com/photos/79383690-M.jpg

-ellen
  • Options
    Elf1Elf1 Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Elf1 wrote:
    --both washed out faces

I should note that the reason is that, when I pressed the shutter on the camera to start the timed release, it focused on and set the exposure for the dark shrubbery--note that *it's* in focus and has nice color, unlike my face, which is slightly out of focus and washed out. Don't know how to solve that except by having someone sitting there while I press the shutter--but if someone had been there, I could've had them take the photo. :-)
    -ellen again
  • Options
    n8urgrln8urgrl Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 4, 2006
    Greetings to All
    Hello, I'm new to the site. I'm a field biologist and enjoy taking photos of wildlife, both on and off the job. I'll post some of my favorite photos - a young red-tail hawk that visits our yard and some raccoons that like to feed from our deck. I also like taking photos of our cats (little fur-kids). I'm a novice digital photographer, so I look forward to reading the advice and recommendations from more experienced folks.
  • Options
    Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Welcome to the place! If I can be of service, just let me know. :D

n8urgrl wrote:
    Hello, I'm new to the site. I'm a field biologist and enjoy taking photos of wildlife, both on and off the job. I'll post some of my favorite photos - a young red-tail hawk that visits our yard and some raccoons that like to feed from our deck. I also like taking photos of our cats (little fur-kids). I'm a novice digital photographer, so I look forward to reading the advice and recommendations from more experienced folks.
    :scratch http://www.bigrigtravels.com
    Explore More of America via BigRig from
    my dash mounted Live Truckcam.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    n8urgrl wrote:

Welcome!

Where's your pic? After all, this thread *is* called "Show Us Your Mug!" :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    KevinKevin Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Brooks P wrote:
    My name is Brooks and I just joined to day. I have been hanging out over at dpreview where my user-name was Brooks P. I will be using that same user-id here. I started in the Sony forum over there when I got a F717 in Oct of 2002. This year I decided it was time for a new camera and I now have a D50 and a couple of lenses, well three actually.

Hope to get to know some of you. My intentions here are the same as my intentions were over there, Share some knowledge*, make some friends, have some fun.
    78313737-L.jpg

*Hopefully I can contribute, but I may be taking more than I'm giving when it comes to knowledge of photography.

We welcome you Brooks P from the Nikon forum over at DPR, who used to own a Sony, and has 3 lenses ... clap.gif
    You came with INTENTIONS ??? ne_nau.gif
    We just fell in the back door here, and sorta tried to take over the place, gatecrasher style :D

Kidding, enjoy your stay here thumb.gif
    Kevin.
    the Photo Muse: http://the-photo-muse.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrlartermrlarter Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    me.jpg
    Brian Larter
    brianlarter.com
    aperturestudios.ca

weapon of choice: Canon 40D
    BG-E2 Battery Grip
    50mm f/1.8 MK 1
    28-135mm IS USM f/3.5-5.6
    17-40mm L USM f/4.0
  • Options
    2ndclasscitizen2ndclasscitizen Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 22, 2006
    G'day everyone, came across this site from a link and thought I might sign up! I'm from Canberra in the Land Down Under, been here for a couple of years now. I'm in my second year of uni and have been really into photography since about October last year when I bought my *ist DS. I really like shooting gigs, and general landscape stuff, hills and sunsets and shots around the city.

So anyway, here's me V

195331871_09a3ccd5df.jpg

And here's one of my favourite shots from around town (took it this week actually)
    193877090_6fdc6e3bc3.jpg

And my all time favourite gig shot

178942817_e01276d5a9.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/uc_mitch/ <-my gallery

This looks like a great site you got yourselves here!

Mitch
  • Options
    HOLLYWOOD70HOLLYWOOD70 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 28, 2006
    Is it HOT in the kitchen or what?!?!
    ... it is in Southern California. In fact, it's been brutal if you've been catching it on the news. Anyway, I went to Pismo Beach last weekend and managed to grab this right before the most incredible heat lightening storm blew in... which i DIDN'T hang TOO long around for. ne_nau.gif

I've learned that most often it's the peculiar, unusual, unpredicatble if not grueling events that usually produce the most unexpected beautiful results; if caught from the right perspective.

I've never been able to introduce myself effectively, so let me just get it over with!!!

HAYYYYYYYY :wave.gifs to class::

My name is Holly and I'm a photo-holic!! I entered this photo, entitled FIRE IN THE SKY, in a challenge but disqualified myself for not meeting the date requirements. RULES!!! rolleyes1.gif

So. There you have it race fans. I've been forced to introduce myself b/c I HAVE to show you this picture!!!! Hmmph.

::opens popsickle::

Stay Cool.
    clap.gifHolly

84198648-S.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2006
    A huge welcome to D/grin Hollywood.... Nice photo but guess what ??

'Show us your Mug' means you need to post a photo of yourself here...no getting out of it with a beautifull landscape as a decoy.:D
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Wow! Nice shot Holly. I know you're new to this forum ... and we haven't been properly introduced ... but I really like that shot ... and I would like to make a suggestion or two ... I'd crop up from the bottom ... the sky is what makes this pix extraordinary ... presently there is approx. a 50:50 competition between sky and ground, by removing some off the bottom more emphasis is placed on the sky (the purple flowers has a smal clump on top and a much larger clump beneath ... I'd crop somewhere in the middle to middle-top of the larger clump) ... and ... I'd burn-in the mountians ... giving you a darker border with greater contrast between land and sky. These are slight suggestion that may or may not improve an already great photo (it is all in the eye of the beholder). Thanks for sharing.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    HOLLYWOOD70HOLLYWOOD70 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 28, 2006
    Decoys R' Us
    Oh Gus..... Have it your way. Here is the mug outta hiding.

uspot_photo.jpg
  • Options
    cdcguardcdcguard Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 30, 2006
    My ugly mug...
    Pondering life in the park a couple months back....

in-the-park%20(1).jpg
  • Options
    mikeb380mikeb380 Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    Interduce myself
    Here I am reflecting on life clap.gif
    Michael :-)
    http://www.tabblo.com/studio/view/tabblos/mikeb380/
    ========
    Photography: the art of seeing the uncommon in the common.
    +++++++
    CANON EOS XT- 350D - Sigma 28 - 80 mm macro, MC Zenitar EF 3.5/16MM
    CANON F1n, Canon FD 28mm 2.8 SC, Canon FL 200mm 3.5
    Jupiter 9 2.8/85mm used on bellows for EOS & F1 Bellows is M42 thread with adaptors for both cameras.
    Tair 135mm 2.8
    Kiev 88 6x6 camera - Mir 38B 3.5/65mm, Arsat B 2.8/80mm, J26V 250 mm tele
    16 various FSU & German cameras
  • Options
    Fusion_UKFusion_UK Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Hi I'm new to Dgrin
    Hi my name is Ian and I am from the UK. I have been interested in photography for many years and am happy to join the group and hope that I may be able to contribute positively.iloveyou.gif

CONDOR-030_edited.jpg
    Ian :photo
    ALL COMMENTS / CRITS GRATEFULLY RECEIVED
    http://www.pbase.com/kissfoto
    http://fusion.zenfolio.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/imiller/

Use Canon EOS 1Ds Mk1,10D, Nikon D100, plus Nikon F and F2. Sigma 10-20EX DG HSM, Sigma 15-30 EX DG, Sigma 75-300 APO DG...:barb