Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    Sheila - pm sent! :D

carrollb wrote:
    Let's see, northeast girl and guy, married in Abita Springs...is (was) there a Michoud connection?

No, just a corporate relo and he decided to not let me get away, so he followed me down there. iloveyou.gif That was my my first big relo - from New York to New Orleans. Talk about culture shock! The first thing my staff did was try to get rid of my accent and teach to me talk southern. rolleyes1.gif Since then I've lived all over the country, but I am very happy where I am now and plan to stay here for a while.
    carrollb wrote:
    I went and looked at your site and I really like it; can't see much of your work because of the locks but what I saw was great.

Thank you! It's really just place-holders right now while I try to figure out how I want to set it up. I need to start uploading some public stuff, just have been too busy.

Lori
  • Options
    carrollbcarrollb Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    OffTopic wrote:
    Sheila - pm sent! :D

No, just a corporate relo and he decided to not let me get away, so he followed me down there. iloveyou.gif That was my my first big relo - from New York to New Orleans. Talk about culture shock! The first thing my staff did was try to get rid of my accent and teach to me talk southern. rolleyes1.gif Since then I've lived all over the country, but I am very happy where I am now and plan to stay here for a while.

Thank you! It's really just place-holders right now while I try to figure out how I want to set it up. I need to start uploading some public stuff, just have been too busy.

Lori

Lori, nice chatting with you and thanks for saying hello. Now that I'm an official grinner I'll likely just go back to silently gathering Intel from those of you who actively post.

I guess my primary interest is (has been) in the tutorials and I doubt very seriously I could ever provide significant input. I have no problem following someone else's lead but when it comes to HTML I don't know sheep dung from wild honey! I can read what someone else has written and figure out where to put it but I don't have a clue how to write it. I sincerely appreciate those here who are so willing to share their expertise and for me that is the attraction to Smugmug; I don't know of anywhere else one can get this level of tech support for $150.00 a year along with such an outstanding medium for sharing one's images.

My all of your days be f16!
  • Options
    arielariel Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    a new member here
    165108805-Th-3.jpg

hello everyone, I'm from the Philippines and a newbie here in Dgrin. I'm customizing my website and if you have some time to spare, please visit www.studioworkplus.com and hope to hear from you.

I would like to have some buttons going back to my frontpage but don't know how to make hypelinks and buttons in smugmug yet.

Thank you so much.

Ariel
    Studioworkplus.. where moment are made to last a lifetime... and beyond!
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 29, 2007
    ariel wrote:
    165108805-Th-3.jpg

hello everyone, I'm from the Philippines and a newbie here in Dgrin. I'm customizing my website and if you have some time to spare, please visit www.studioworkplus.com and hope to hear from you.

I would like to have some buttons going back to my frontpage but don't know how to make hypelinks and buttons in smugmug yet.

Thank you so much.

Ariel

welcome Ariel. You might post your question in SMUGMUG SUPPORT for quick help with customization.

wave.gif
  • Options
    InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    It's not me, it's my shadow
    Really, it's not me, it's my shadow. It decided to go for a stubby or two at a watering hole called The Point After on Queen Elizabeth Drive, Suva (it needed a beer to cry into because I'd just totally screwed up the sensor on my Nikon D40).

168367172-L.jpg

Internaut's the name and it's the same name for my Smugmug account. If anyone is wondering about the odd aspect ratio, it's because I took this one with my Panasonic DMC-LX2 which takes photos in 16:9.

Regards
    I
  • Options
    Basher's BateyBasher's Batey Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited July 1, 2007
    Nervous New Grinner!
    :ivar I thought I was really getting good at photography so I bought the Power membership. Started browsing and OMG, I have so much to learn and need to improve so much.

At least, I think I came to the right place to learn!
  • Options
    arielariel Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Many Thanks
    Angelo wrote:
    welcome Ariel. You might post your question in SMUGMUG SUPPORT for quick help with customization.

wave.gif

Thank you sir, I am really impressed with the prompt actions and replies of the support team and Dgrin members. Best regards.

ariel
    Studioworkplus.. where moment are made to last a lifetime... and beyond!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited July 1, 2007
    Welcome new Dgrinners Internaut & Basher's. wave.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    I never posted on this forum because I never took the time to take a self portrait... but this evening I had a spiritual awakening, a creative moment, an epiphany,
    and I came up with this....
    168918988-L.jpg

I thought it was so good, I submitted it in the LPS #8 (sedate or explosive) challenge... What do you think? is it a contender?

About me: 20 years, 6 continents, U.S. Navy Retired

I spent the last 6 years in the Navy working as a Photo Journalist in Japan, I retired in Aug 2004... I live in Pennsylvania on a small farm with wife and daughter, 2 dogs, 2 horses, 2 donkeys, and 36 chickens...

I go to work every day in Rockville, MD at a biopharmaceutical company, where I calibrate and repair instrumentation.

So that's it, that's me in a nut shell... (if you can fit someone in a nut shell)

Winston
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited July 2, 2007
    Hey Winston! Welcome aboard!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    scottsdalejayscottsdalejay Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 4, 2007
    Hello
    Here is a picture of me. I had fun with this.

I love Photoshop.

What I am is a photographer. What I do to make money is program computers. I know programs. I work with programs. I make programs.

Of the millions of programs out there only one Number One.

That program is Photoshop.
  • Options
    jayjay Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2007
    Here is a picture of me. I had fun with this.

I love Photoshop.

What I am is a photographer. What I do to make money is program computers. I know programs. I work with programs. I make programs.

Of the millions of programs out there only one Number One.

That program is Photoshop.
    awww the joys of ps on a mac clap.gif
    jm photography
  • Options
    SimoneSimone Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 6, 2007
    Hi everyone
    Hi i'm Simone the new one
  • Options
    pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    jay wrote:
    awww the joys of ps on a mac clap.gif

He's on a PC, according to the EXIF. :)
  • Options
    stirfrystirfry Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2007
    Hello new Dgrinners stirfry, Simone, jay and the other jay in Scottsdale. wave.gif
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    NougatNougat Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    Quick Self-Portrait
    I'm new to dgrin and looking forward to seeing you all around.

165109617-S-1.jpg
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 7, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    Hello new Dgrinners stirfry, Simone, jay and the other jay in Scottsdale. wave.gif

Yes, welcome y'all! :D

(how about showing us your mugs? eek7.gif)
  • Options
    HarleycowgirlHarleycowgirl Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    Hey there!
    Hey everyone, my name is Trayci & I live in Alberta, Canada. I have been "lurking" for a couple weeks now & have decided to jump in. I have enoyed photography for as long as I can remember & believe the learning is never ending. From what I've seen, this seems to be a really cool place to both share & learn. I don't get a whole lot of time online these days but I am hoping to spend some time around here none the less.

170770634-M.jpg
    Life is not a journey to the grave in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
    loudly proclaiming, "WOW, what a ride! ":barb
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    Hey everyone, my name is Trayci & I live in Alberta, Canada. I have been "lurking" for a couple weeks now & have decided to jump in. I have enoyed photography for as long as I can remember & believe the learning is never ending. From what I've seen, this seems to be a really cool place to both share & learn. I don't get a whole lot of time online these days but I am hoping to spend some time around here none the less.

wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin!

I hope we see more of you now that you've de-lurked :D
  • Options
    Sir HawkinsSir Hawkins Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    New to dgrin. New to Photography
    Just wanted to stop on by and say hello
    Im new to the photography world and to Dgrin and I will probley ask alot of Q & A so i hope you can bare with me but here i am :D
    june072005MIS053.jpg
  • Options
    LabmanLabman Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    hi everybody
    New guy here some friends refered me hoping to learn as much as I can from everybody probably won't give much advice since I don't have allot of that to offer.. headscratch.gif I will ask stuff though! I do allot of Macro photagraphy and my daughter love to photograph people and animals. thumb.gif

croci.jpg
    Daughters in Blue! clap.gif

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/labman48076/Soccor/oliviagettheball.jpg

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/labman48076/?action=view&current=olivia2.jpg
    Camera 40D (sweet) Yes I am still trying to learn to use it! Father,Dog Lover,Computers,Aquariums And loving life! :barb
  • Options
    dbinazdbinaz Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    Hi everyone. New here and new to DSLR photopgraphy. Came from P&S world and now have a shiny new Sony A100. Lots to learn!
    Just posted some pics in this thread...
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=595056#post595056

Derek
  • Options
    enchanted_tiphrenchanted_tiphr Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 15, 2007
    ~New Beginner~
    This is me, Im knew here...I'm semi new to photography, I only do it for fun now and this pic was indeed taken by myself...lol In my natural form...HAHA

Picture119-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2007
    A big Dgrin welcome to Labman (and croc friend), dbinaz and tiphr (nice portrait BTW). wave.gif
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    davalistudiosdavalistudios Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    Hi, my name is Alissa and I'm new here and pretty new to photography.

www.davalistudios.com
  • Options
    Sir HawkinsSir Hawkins Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    Labman wrote:
    New guy here some friends refered me hoping to learn as much as I can from everybody probably won't give much advice since I don't have allot of that to offer.. headscratch.gif I will ask stuff though! I do allot of Macro photagraphy and my daughter love to photograph people and animals. thumb.gif

croci.jpg
    Daughters in Blue! clap.gif

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/labman48076/Soccor/oliviagettheball.jpg

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/labman48076/?action=view&current=olivia2.jpg
    Your always following me from bord to bord headscratch.gif just dont let the :fish get you when you do your micros mwink.gif any way nice to see you one here to
    see you around
    Kelly AKA; JESTER
  • Options
    MYSTICAMYSTICA Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2007
    Hi friends, I am Rossella from north of Italy, most of all I am a lurker cause I have difficult with English language (I do a lot of mistakes bowdown.gif) I am 35 y.o. and I have a Nikon D70 with some lenses, This is one of my self portrait shot (shoted???) in raw with post production an PS filter applicated

dgrinportraitwebbisdm0.jpg
  • Options
    jenniferjennifer Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2007
    MYSTICA wrote:
    Hi friends, I am Rossella from north of Italy, most of all I am a lurker cause I have difficult with English language (I do a lot of mistakes bowdown.gif) I am 35 y.o. and I have a Nikon D70 with some lenses, This is one of my self portrait shot (shoted???) in raw with post production an PS filter applicated
    Hi Rossella, welcome to Dgrin! wave.gif

Don't worry about your English, it's great! Better than some people who actually live here mwink.gif I hope it won't keep you from posting more often. It's a great community. Lots of very helpful, insightful, knowledgeable people. Nice portrait, too!
    40D, 10-22, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 75-300 IS, 1.4x TC
  • Options
    cwdiazcwdiaz Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 29, 2007
    A Self Portrait as requested
    Hey, I'm Charles, Chuck or any variation thereof. I have an apartment in northern VA, but spend more time in hotel rooms around the country. As proof, I'm currently in Indiana and will be in New Jersey next week. Jealous, huh?

Here's me from a camping trip in May 07. After the last few months, I need another one.

156471650-M.jpg

Chuck