SmugMug Bug Reporting

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    loggedIn problem
    So apparently, the function:

YD.hasClass(document.body, 'loggedIn')

reports true for any user who is logged in whether they are logged into the current site or not. That seems wrong to me. Should this return true only when the viewer is logged in to the current site?

Per this thread, it led to some confusing behavior because things that were only supposed to be exposed to the logged in user were exposed to all Smugmug customers who were logged in, even ones who where not logged into that particular account.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 31, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    So apparently, the function:

YD.hasClass(document.body, 'loggedIn')

reports true for any user who is logged in whether they are logged into the current site or not. That seems wrong to me. Should this return true only when the viewer is logged in to the current site?

Per this thread, it led to some confusing behavior because things that were only supposed to be exposed to the logged in user were exposed to all Smugmug customers who were logged in, even ones who where not logged into that particular account.
    yeah, john. thats not really an appropriate test to determine the status of a logged in user. it is just a css class applied to the document for styling purposes.

using it to determine gallery owner status isn't what it is designed for. thumb.gif
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2007
    bigwebguy wrote:
    yeah, john. thats not really an appropriate test to determine the status of a logged in user. it is just a css class applied to the document for styling purposes.

using it to determine gallery owner status isn't what it is designed for. thumb.gif

What is an appropriate test to determine if it's the logged-in owner viewing their own site?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    simplykristisimplykristi Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    Rotating Image Bug
    Hi All,
    I will rotate an image once. If I don't rotate the image the correct direction, then I try to rotate it again. When I try to rotate the image the second time, the image will not rotate. I have to end up re-uploading the image and then rotate it the correct direction.

Kristi
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    Hi All,
    I will rotate an image once. If I don't rotate the image the correct direction, then I try to rotate it again. When I try to rotate the image the second time, the image will not rotate. I have to end up re-uploading the image and then rotate it the correct direction.

Kristi
    Don is chasing an obscure and rare bug with rotation issues on certain images. This probably falls into that case.

Can you reupload it and try one more time? If it persists, please email all details to our help desk and let us continue there.
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Don is chasing an obscure and rare bug with rotation issues on certain images. This probably falls into that case.

Can you reupload it and try one more time? If it persists, please email all details to our help desk and let us continue there.

did I mentiona already that I get odd rotations too?
    Well I do ( on my pics not in my backmwink.gif )
    Pics rotate for no reason
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    did I mentiona already that I get odd rotations too?
    Well I do ( on my pics not in my backmwink.gif )
    Pics rotate for no reason
    Hi Simon, that is because we now auto-rotate on upload.

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2007/09/04/new-features-august-2007/

What can happen, if your image editing software doesn't fix the rotation tag in the exif properly, is the image can get rotated again. Make a new post in SmugMug Support, with a link to such an image, and also the details of how you processed it on your end, okay?
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Simon, that is because we now auto-rotate on upload.

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2007/09/04/new-features-august-2007/

What can happen, if your image editing software doesn't fix the rotation tag in the exif properly, is the image can get rotated again. Make a new post in SmugMug Support, with a link to such an image, and also the details of how you processed it on your end, okay?

OK thanks Andy I'll do that next time I notice it. Last time I was just watermarking or moving pics or similar and there were not rotated until I made changes even though it was not to those pics I made the changes to, they just happened to be in the same gallery
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    JEphotographyJEphotography Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    Bug in changing viewing styles
    When I change from sifferent viewing styles, it looks the links breaks and Backslashe (/) change to this (%2f)

http://jephotography.smugmug.com%2fgallery%2f3241714%2f1%2f189173992/

I had just added the facebook widget by nikolay but it still does it after I took the application out of my facebook.

Please check it out..

jonathan

www.jephotography.net
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    When I change from sifferent viewing styles, it looks the links breaks and Backslashe (/) change to this (%2f)

http://jephotography.smugmug.com%2fgallery%2f3241714%2f1%2f189173992/

I had just added the facebook widget by nikolay but it still does it after I took the application out of my facebook.

Please check it out..

jonathan
    They are aware of the problem and working on fixin' it.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    JEphotographyJEphotography Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    They are aware of the problem and working on fixin' it.

Ok thanks,

Jonathan
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    Two IE users have reported this error when trying to access a gallery on my site -

SmugMug.jpg

I've had users report this problem in the past, but not recently. I can get in fine with other browsers. Is this a known bug?
  • Options
    Two IE users have reported this error when trying to access a gallery on my site -

SmugMug.jpg

I've had users report this problem in the past, but not recently. I can get in fine with other browsers. Is this a known bug?
    It's always to do with user customizing - write our Support Heroes, Ross - and we'll get you sorted out. It's a fast & easy fix.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    It's always to do with user customizing - write our Support Heroes, Ross - and we'll get you sorted out. It's a fast & easy fix.
    Thanks, will do. thumb.gif
  • Options
    richpepprichpepp Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    Privacy is bypassed if the gallery is 'featured'
    If a gallery is 'featured' then it will appear on the home page even if marked as private. Clearly it isn't sensible for me to feature something that I wanted to be private but I ended up marking a gallery as private a while after I had featured it and didn't spot that it still appeared on the home page. Not critical but it may me more logical to remove it from the featured galleries if it is private.

best wishes to all

Richard
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2007
    richpepp wrote:
    If a gallery is 'featured' then it will appear on the home page even if marked as private. Clearly it isn't sensible for me to feature something that I wanted to be private but I ended up marking a gallery as private a while after I had featured it and didn't spot that it still appeared on the home page. Not critical but it may me more logical to remove it from the featured galleries if it is private.

best wishes to all

Richard
    I can not replicate this. Do you have a link to one of the galleries that is doing this? You can PM me if you don't want them to be out in the open.
  • Options
    mtnbikermtnbiker Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    I've posted this in another thread but I guess it should be here.

Any gallery that does not have it's own customize options reverts to displaying as a slideshow.
    This occurs on my popular gallery, any linked gallery from the keyword page, and the recent gallery. I can set the gallery to smugmug, it will display correctly, I'll close my browser and when I come back it's back displaying as a slideshow.

I have cleared my browser's cookies, cache, everything. I have accessed my site through computers that had never visited my smugmug page. All show the same symptoms.

Very infrequently it will retain the smugmug style setting for more than just the one visit, but ultimately it goes back to slideshow shortly thereafter.

link in my sig.
    thanks
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2007
    mtnbiker wrote:
    I've posted this in another thread but I guess it should be here.

Any gallery that does not have it's own customize options reverts to displaying as a slideshow.
    This occurs on my popular gallery, any linked gallery from the keyword page, and the recent gallery. I can set the gallery to smugmug, it will display correctly, I'll close my browser and when I come back it's back displaying as a slideshow.

I have cleared my browser's cookies, cache, everything. I have accessed my site through computers that had never visited my smugmug page. All show the same symptoms.

Very infrequently it will retain the smugmug style setting for more than just the one visit, but ultimately it goes back to slideshow shortly thereafter.

link in my sig.
    thanks
    Not a SmugMug bug. It's a slideshow-hack bug.

Try the new flash hotness :)
    http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/Pros
  • Options
    mtnbikermtnbiker Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Not a SmugMug bug. It's a slideshow-hack bug.

Try the new flash hotness :)
    http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/Pros

thanks Andy...perfect
  • Options
    jacyjoypalsjacyjoypals Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    What happened to the photos on subs?
    Hi, I posted this on the maintenance thread as well as not sure where to post.

Hi, perhaps I missed a post somewhere but since the changes, many of my sub-galleries do not show the feature photo --- just a little small square dot? I have changed photos, resaved, etc. It is not affecting my passworded galleries but it is the open galleries? ???
    Thanks

example: http://www.joypals.smugmug.com/Music/381246
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2007
    Hi, I posted this on the maintenance thread as well as not sure where to post.

Hi, perhaps I missed a post somewhere but since the changes, many of my sub-galleries do not show the feature photo --- just a little small square dot? I have changed photos, resaved, etc. It is not affecting my passworded galleries but it is the open galleries? ???
    Thanks

example: http://www.joypals.smugmug.com/Music/381246
    Already answered, please see your other thread :)
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2007
    Filmstrip bug
    If I start in this gallery in the smugmug view with a landscape orientation image selected and then change my view to the filmstrip view, I get this view with the landscape image squished and stretched into a portrait orientation. This is reproducible for me. No problem is I start with a portrait orientation selected when I switch to the filmstrip view.

208645271-O.jpg
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    Editing Keywords bug
    If you edit keywords, click Save, then click on another thumb before the little Saving Keywords pop-out thingy completes displaying it's message, the keywords get applied to the wrong image. The Save button should be sumbitting the id of the photo that was current when edit keywords was clicked, not using the id of the current photo, since there appears to be some lag where users (me :P ) could navigate away.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    If I start in this gallery in the smugmug view with a landscape orientation image selected and then change my view to the filmstrip view, I get this view with the landscape image squished and stretched into a portrait orientation. This is reproducible for me. No problem is I start with a portrait orientation selected when I switch to the filmstrip view.

208645271-S.jpg
    Thx John - definite bug, validated and reported internally. I'm sure the guys'll fix it.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    Nimai wrote:
    If you edit keywords, click Save, then click on another thumb before the little Saving Keywords pop-out thingy completes displaying it's message, the keywords get applied to the wrong image. The Save button should be sumbitting the id of the photo that was current when edit keywords was clicked, not using the id of the current photo, since there appears to be some lag where users (me :P ) could navigate away.

Thanks!
    I'd love to validate this, but I can't seem to be fast enough. Before I hit the thumb, the saving thingy has already popped out :cry
  • Options
    MJRPHOTOMJRPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 432 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    Stats page not showing correct hits
    There are a few of my latest galleries that are not showing the correct stats. No medium hits.
    www.mjrphoto.net
    Nikon D4, Nikon D3, Nikon D3
    Nikon 14-24 f2.8, Nikon 24-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR II, Nikon 50 f1.8, Nikon 85 f1.4
    Nikon 300 f2.8 VR, Nikon 200-400 f4.0 VR II, Nikon 600 f4.0 II, TC-1.4, TC 1.7, TC 2.0
    (1) SB-800, (2) SB-900, (4) Multi Max Pocket Wizards
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 16, 2007
    MJRPHOTO wrote:
    There are a few of my latest galleries that are not showing the correct stats. No medium hits.

Can you give me a link to one? I can't reproduce the problem in my own galleries.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    Can you give me a link to one? I can't reproduce the problem in my own galleries.

http://mjrphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/3654519#208949865
    www.mjrphoto.net
    Nikon 14-24 f2.8, Nikon 24-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR II, Nikon 50 f1.8, Nikon 85 f1.4
    Nikon 300 f2.8 VR, Nikon 200-400 f4.0 VR II, Nikon 600 f4.0 II, TC-1.4, TC 1.7, TC 2.0
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 16, 2007
    MJRPHOTO wrote:

I went back and forth between the first photo and the second photo quite a few times loading the medium size. They now show 25 and 15 medium hits, respectively.

So I can't reproduce any problem there either. Can you tell me exactly what you are doing? Are you sure you are checking the stats, loading the medium size and then checking the stats again?
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    I went back and forth between the first photo and the second photo quite a few times loading the medium size. They now show 25 and 15 medium hits, respectively.

So I can't reproduce any problem there either. Can you tell me exactly what you are doing? Are you sure you are checking the stats, loading the medium size and then checking the stats again?
    When I go to Control Panel/Stats/More details page there are no hits for small or medium size on the bar graphs.

209163722-M.png
    www.mjrphoto.net
This discussion has been closed.