Options

SmugBrowser - Firefox/Flock Extension BETA

Comments

• Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi Simonius,

What type of account do u have ? Pro/Power/Standard ?

Cheers,

David

Pro
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    iklimoniklimon Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2008
    SmugBrowser
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum (mods please move if I've gotten it wrong). Anyway, I've been using SmugBrowser since I found it about 6 months ago. I love the simplicity and ease of use (although it still narfs on trying to select more than 150 pictures at once to put into the upload queue).

But my question is this: currently it does not work with Mozilla Firefox 3 beta 2. Are there any plans to upgrade? If not, does anyone have a suggestion for another offline tool to organize uploads/galleries?

:D

Thanks!

ik
    Ian Klimon
    www.klimon.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2008
    iklimon wrote:
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum (mods please move if I've gotten it wrong). Anyway, I've been using SmugBrowser since I found it about 6 months ago. I love the simplicity and ease of use (although it still narfs on trying to select more than 150 pictures at once to put into the upload queue).

But my question is this: currently it does not work with Mozilla Firefox 3 beta 2. Are there any plans to upgrade? If not, does anyone have a suggestion for another offline tool to organize uploads/galleries?

:D

Thanks!

ik
    Yes, it belongs in the SmugBrowser thread here :D I moved it for you.

When FF3 goes into the world, out of Beta, I'm sure Dev will get it supported as soon as is possible.

Hang in there thumb.gif
  • Options
    glasbergenglasbergen Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Testdriving SmugBrowser
    I decided to give SmugBrowser a try and so far it looks pretty functional and easy to use. I do have a couple of questions though.

1) Can I only bulk update an entire categorie or subcategorie? I'd like to be able to update the settings of a random set of galleries at once. This could be a subset of all my galleries (spread over multiple categories) or a subset of galleries within a categorie. I'd like to be able to 'ctrl-click' galleries to select them.

2) If I click on a (sub)categorie in the tree view I see gallerie thumbnails appearing on the right. Are the buttons on these thumbnails supposed to do anything? They aren't right now.

3) Does FF need to be logged into SmugMug as well or is logging into SmugBrowser enough? I'm usually logged in in IE and then test my websites logged out version in FF.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2008
    *bump*
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    Still getting: "ReferenceError:getElementByld is not defined"

I get it whenever I try to do something in SMBRSR

Looks like it doesn't do what it's supposed to do either
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 12, 2008
    G'day Marco,

Sorry for the delay with the response.
    glasbergen wrote:
    1) Can I only bulk update an entire categorie or subcategorie? I'd like to be able to update the settings of a random set of galleries at once. This could be a subset of all my galleries (spread over multiple categories) or a subset of galleries within a categorie. I'd like to be able to 'ctrl-click' galleries to select them.

At the moment, there is no support for that, but it's a good idea. I will see how difficult that is to do.
    glasbergen wrote:
    2) If I click on a (sub)categorie in the tree view I see gallerie thumbnails appearing on the right. Are the buttons on these thumbnails supposed to do anything? They aren't right now.

No, at this point. I did that with the intention of providing a bulk delete function (or whatever else), but haven't had a chance to implement that.
    glasbergen wrote:
    3) Does FF need to be logged into SmugMug as well or is logging into SmugBrowser enough? I'm usually logged in in IE and then test my websites logged out version in FF.
    No, it does need to be logged in, but typically...logging in with SmugBrowser will actually log you in with Firefox. However, clicking log out from the site using Firefox will not effect SmugBrowser's operation.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    I Simonius wrote:
    Still getting: "ReferenceError:getElementByld is not defined"

I get it whenever I try to do something in SMBRSR

Looks like it doesn't do what it's supposed to do either

G'day Simonius,

Can you please provide me with a screenshot, so that I can see where this error is occuring ?

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    G'day Simonius,

Can you please provide me with a screenshot, so that I can see where this error is occuring ?

Thanks,

David

OH Blow! I didnt take one at the time and now IM concerned that to get it to do what it does I have to risk it messing with my settings that i have just spend AGES going through online one by one - still doing it

What I can tell you is that it was 'Family>bulk>then chnaged lots for that folder> then got the error

I'll do it again for another folder if I have to but Im not messing with this oen again it takes too long

At the moment I am still in the process of moving all my 'family' to 'portraits' and setting all the customizations the same
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    I Simonius wrote:
    OH Blow! I didnt take one at the time and now IM concerned that to get it to do what it does I have to risk it messing with my settings that i have just spend AGES going through online one by one - still doing it

What I can tell you is that it was 'Family>bulk>then chnaged lots for that folder> then got the error

I'll do it again for another folder if I have to but Im not messing with this oen again it takes too long

At the moment I am still in the process of moving all my 'family' to 'portraits' and setting all the customizations the same

ok no worries, I will give it a go.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    ok no worries, I will give it a go.

Cheers,

David
    OK thanks - I'll try it again later after you see if ytou can reproduce or not or whatever it is you do under the bonnetmwink.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    I Simonius wrote:
    OK thanks - I'll try it again later after you see if ytou can reproduce or not or whatever it is you do under the bonnetmwink.gif

ok fixed, you can download the new version.

thanks for the heads up thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    ok fixed, you can download the new version.

thanks for the heads up thumb.gif
    New version? Where?:D I currently have 0.5.1 alpha
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    New version? Where?:D I currently have 0.5.1 alpha
    It's linked in post #1 of this thread, but here ya go:
    http://smugbrowser.introversion.com.au/beta/
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    It's linked in post #1 of this thread, but here ya go:
    http://smugbrowser.introversion.com.au/beta/
    Thanks Andy, I've been clicking "look for updates" from Firefox add-ons.
    Guess it hasn't been updated on the web yet. Noticed I'm a couple version
    behind and they weren't on the web either.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    G'day Marco,

Sorry for the delay with the response.

At the moment, there is no support for that, but it's a good idea. I will see how difficult that is to do.

No, at this point. I did that with the intention of providing a bulk delete function (or whatever else), but haven't had a chance to implement that.

No, it does need to be logged in, but typically...logging in with SmugBrowser will actually log you in with Firefox. However, clicking log out from the site using Firefox will not effect SmugBrowser's operation.

Thanks for the reply, David. Love your photos btw. Especially the Melbourne and HDR ones. Brings back memories of a long ago holiday to NZ and Oz.

-Marco-
  • Options
    DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    0.5.4 beta not upgrading
    Every time I start FF is reports that there is a new version of Smugbrowser, I click install and restart FF and it reports that there is a new version to install ...

I've tried upgrading it via the Add-ons menu but with the same result.

Version 0.5.3 beta is also hanging requiring me to end the FF process in task manager and restart FF.

Any thought David ??

cheers

Andrew
  • Options
    TalkieTTalkieT Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    Dna wrote:
    Every time I start FF is reports that there is a new version of Smugbrowser, I click install and restart FF and it reports that there is a new version to install ...

I get a similar issue - My Firefox frequently prompts me to upgrade to 0.54 and downloads it / appears to install - but when I check, it's 0.53 still installed? Left the V number the same internally perhaps?

Cheers - N
    --
    http://www.nzsnaps.com (talkiet.smugmug.com)
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2008
    TalkieT wrote:
    I get a similar issue - My Firefox frequently prompts me to upgrade to 0.54 and downloads it / appears to install - but when I check, it's 0.53 still installed? Left the V number the same internally perhaps?

Cheers - N
    Did you close all Firefox windows and restart?
  • Options
    TalkieTTalkieT Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    Allen wrote:

It's done it on 2 PCs over several days and several restarts.

Cheers - N
    --
    http://www.nzsnaps.com (talkiet.smugmug.com)
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2008
    TalkieT wrote:
    It's done it on 2 PCs over several days and several restarts.

Cheers - N

Sorry guys I will check tomorrow.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    aquaticvideographeraquaticvideographer Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Same on my Mac
    Allen wrote:

FWIW I tried that and am having the same problem on an Intel Mac mini with the latest updates to Leopard and FF.headscratch.gif
  • Options
    jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    I had the same thing happen to me on 2 computers for 2 days now. I finally went to your website and installed it from there. Problem seems to have now gone away.

The automatic update seems to be re-installing the older version.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
  • Options
    aquaticvideographeraquaticvideographer Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    jchin wrote:
    I had the same thing happen to me on 2 computers for 2 days now. I finally went to your website and installed it from there. Problem seems to have now gone away.

I did the manual install just now and things seem to be working properly. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2008
    jchin wrote:

ok this should be fix now.

Sorry about that. thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    ok this should be fix now.

Sorry about that. thumb.gif

Still happening to me this morning on this computer (laptop but 'main' computer). Guess I'll get it from the website but maybe I will wait a bit. I told it to skip the update this morning as this would be attempt number 4 to update.

ne_nau.gif

Derek
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    edited February 19, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Still happening to me this morning on this computer (laptop but 'main' computer). Guess I'll get it from the website but maybe I will wait a bit. I told it to skip the update this morning as this would be attempt number 4 to update.

ne_nau.gif

Derek

it will need to updated. The previous update was pointing to the old install, that's why it's kept asking.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    it will need to updated. The previous update was pointing to the old install, that's why it's kept asking.

I went in and manually updated it (going to tools, add-ons blah blah blah - update), and it updated but so far it hasn't tried to update again, so I assume all is well.
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    edited February 19, 2008
    devbobo wrote:

I had the same problem so uploaded from your online link - it said it was updating but while updating it said it was 0.5.3headscratch.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)