Options

SmugBrowser - Firefox/Flock Extension BETA

Comments

• Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    jchin wrote:

eeek page of mad text!

saved the linked file as to the desktop and the install rdf doesn't do anything...headscratch.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 21, 2008
    I Simonius wrote:
    eeek page of mad text!

saved the linked file as to the desktop and the install rdf doesn't do anything...headscratch.gif

urgh...just go here and install it...

http://smugbrowser.introversion.com.au/beta or do the update through firefox, either will work
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    urgh...just go here and install it...

http://smugbrowser.introversion.com.au/beta or do the update through firefox, either will work

But that's the one I have been trying:cry

All I get is the same text file and I don't know what you mean by update through FF

Now I'm even more confused

Never mind - I'll leave this alone for a while mwink.gif just getting too complicated
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2008
    I Simonius wrote:
    But that's the one I have been trying:cry

All I get is the same text file and I don't know what you mean by update through FF

Now I'm even more confused

Never mind - I'll leave this alone for a while mwink.gif just getting too complicated

don't right-click the link, just click "Install Now" and window will popup and install it
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    don't right-click the link, just click "Install Now" and window will popup and install it

thanks

I think I must have done it right already because it no longer asks me to update each time, but I had assumed it wasn't because previously that is what it was doing. Waaagh

I think we're there but how do I find out which version of SMB is installed?
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    I Simonius wrote:
    thanks

I think I must have done it right already because it no longer asks me to update each time, but I had assumed it wasn't because previously that is what it was doing. Waaagh

I think we're there but how do I find out which version of SMB is installed?
    In Firefox click tools > Add-ons to see versions of all add-ons.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    In Firefox click tools > Add-ons to see versions of all add-ons.

lovely. THanks Allen now I can see that yes indeed 0.5.4 is installedthumb.gif

Hoorah! (wipes sweat from clammy brow)

Sorry for my general ineptness everyone!:rutt
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    olegosolegos Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    How can I control how many files are being uploaded simultaneously? On the two computers I'm using SmugBrowser, the number keeps growing -- one now insists on uploading 6 at a time, the other one - 7 ne_nau.gif

Also, the "Remove" item in right-click context menu in the Upload (bottom) window doesn't work for me. Neither for pending files, nor for the ones being uploaded -- they just stay there, unchanged.

Also, the left window (with the categories/subcategories/galleries tree) doesn't scroll. I can move the scroll bar, but the window content doesn't move.

Firefox 2.0.0.12, SmugBrowser 0.5.3.

Thanks.
  • Options
    voicelitvoicelit Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2008
    CAN SMUGBROWSER change file names to captions
    CAN SMUGBROWSER change file names to captions in bulk across my site? Not in the upload process, but the photos already existing on my site.

Marty ( voicelit, photofur url : http://photofur.smugmug.com/ )
  • Options
    B-rootB-root Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 4, 2008
    Hi David,

You spoke few posts ahead about an extjs version of smugbrowser. I would be very interested in it, and if I could help you test it, I would be very happy. I do not now many things about extjs but I'm familiar with javascript and xul, so I think I may understand some of your code.

Why I ask you about this is because I was looking for a web based bulk download software of whole galleries. I'm looking for it for my friends. I would like to be able to share whole galleries with them without having to ask them to install one application or another one for bulk download (not everyone has an high speed connection which let online photo browsing be confortable). As I didn't find any online piece of software for bulk download in the list of smug hacks I planned to develop my own software. But today I just saw your post and I think you might have the solution to my problem !
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    SmugBrowser update to add 'Square Thumbs' support?
    Any idea of when a new SmugBrowser might be released with Square Thumbs support? That would be VERY cool..
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    Any idea of when a new SmugBrowser might be released with Square Thumbs support? That would be VERY cool..
    New thread NOT needed, it just clutters things.

ALWAYS best to post in the thread where the developer / interested parties are posting. In this case, it's the main SmugBrowser thread, easily findable by Dgrin search. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    New thread NOT needed, it just clutters things.

ALWAYS best to post in the thread where the developer / interested parties are posting. In this case, it's the main SmugBrowser thread, easily findable by Dgrin search. Thank you.
    You're right Andy... I should have searched.. I was being lazy. ne_nau.gif

David
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2008
    bump, new version for SquareThumbs and security changes.

autoupdate or use the link in the original post.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    nocturne1nocturne1 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    bump, new version for SquareThumbs and security changes.
    It appears that the bulk update for SquareThumbs just changes the gallery setting itself. Any quick/easy way to perform one of the triggering events for all the galleries?
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2008
    nocturne1 wrote:
    It appears that the bulk update for SquareThumbs just changes the gallery setting itself. Any quick/easy way to perform one of the triggering events for all the galleries?
    Nope, don't think so. I've been going gallery to gallery setting Sq Thum under customize then reapplying WM.
  • Options
    TheRedDragonTheRedDragon Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    SmugBrowser
    I downloaded and installed the SmugBrowser in Mac version of Firefox. I can view the tree view of the galleries and categories but can't edit or do anything with them ? Am I missing something ?
  • Options
    battsbatts Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    linux still working?
    Hi,
    Is this still working with linux? I'm using kubuntu, loaded up the newest version in firefox 2.0.0.12, smugbrower v0.5.5. Put in my login and password loads up to the smugbrowser main screen, but completly blank, no thumbs or folders or anything, just the grey browser.

It doesn't seem to do anything else. Is there anything I can do to help this beta project along the way for linux testing? Am I missing something simple?
  • Options
    TheRedDragonTheRedDragon Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    can't get it to work
    i think there is a bug with it, when i tried it again none of the folders appeared and i could not get them to show up.
  • Options
    shrekieshrekie Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    Hi,

I'm looking for a way to batch replace a gallery of low-res images with their high res originals, rather than to have to go and do it one by one. I read that Star Explorer for PC might be able, although I use a mac, and I was hoping that SmugBrowser could do this as well but I have downloaded and played around with it and can't see an option for this. Am I missing something or is such a feature/app still not available for the mac as yet?

Thanks,

Nelson
  • Options
    rcavanaughjrrcavanaughjr Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 1, 2008
    I can't get the smugbrowser download page to pull up. Is there a problem with it?
  • Options
    SNPSNP Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 2, 2008
    I can't get the smugbrowser download page to pull up. Is there a problem with it?

I'm having the same problem. Maybe some domain issues? Firefox's "Error Page" shows up pretty fast (the connection does not timeout that is).

I suspect some domain or dns problem.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2008
    SNP wrote:
    I'm having the same problem. Maybe some domain issues? Firefox's "Error Page" shows up pretty fast (the connection does not timeout that is).

I suspect some domain or dns problem.

yes, it was dns issues...dyndns.org deleted my account for the last time :boid

should be live now.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    battsbatts Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    batts wrote:
    Hi,
    Is this still working with linux?

Follow-up..
    Working fine now.
  • Options
    miss5pinkmiss5pink Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    batts wrote:
    Follow-up..
    Working fine now.

After clicking on properties and changing things I click "ok" and then nothing happens. Does the box disappear normally or do I just close it at that point?
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2008
    miss5pink wrote:
    After clicking on properties and changing things I click "ok" and then nothing happens. Does the box disappear normally or do I just close it at that point?
    Just close it. I've seen no indication that any changes were made but they
    are. Click on properites of one the galleries changed and confrim there. Only
    at the gallery level will you see the current or new settings.
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2008
    I would love to be able to use Smugbrowser to remove a password, or backprinting or other such 'text entry' info in bulk.. But, it seems that unless I have *something* in the field (blank doesn't count, as it assumes I just want to leave it alone), I can't update it. The net effect is that I can't "clear" the field in bulk.

It's odd since I can add a password in bulk, but, I can't remove it! (Backprinting is also an issue, etc..).

Any chance there's an update coming to address that short-coming?

Thanks!

David
  • Options
    Rich3153Rich3153 Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Uploaded Photos Goto Different Gallery Than Specified
    I've been using Smugbrowser for a couple of days - excellent program. Sometimes when uploading to a gallery thats just been created (using Smugbrowser), the photos goto my gallery called 'Other' despite the upload screen showing their correct destination name.

As a test I created a Gallery called 'test album' in a Gallery called 'Night Photography'. I confirmed the Gallery was listed correctly in the pop-up window that appeared and closed Smugbrowser down. Upon re-opening, the new gallery had been moved to the 'Other' gallery which incidentally is the first gallery in my list when I log in.

It's not a major problem to change the Gallery location but is this a bug ?

Rich

Firefox 2.0.0.13, Smugbrowser 0.5.5 beta & Vista
  • Options
    TomOwenTomOwen Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2008
    Ditto
    DrDavid wrote:
    I would love to be able to use Smugbrowser to remove a password, or backprinting or other such 'text entry' info in bulk.. But, it seems that unless I have *something* in the field (blank doesn't count, as it assumes I just want to leave it alone), I can't update it. The net effect is that I can't "clear" the field in bulk.

It's odd since I can add a password in bulk, but, I can't remove it! (Backprinting is also an issue, etc..).

I hear this in a "known" issue and is being addressed... Now which resources are allocated and how soon, I don't know but sure could use it ;-)
  • Options
    GreggarGreggar Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 18, 2008
    Rich3153 wrote:
    I've been using Smugbrowser for a couple of days - excellent program. Sometimes when uploading to a gallery thats just been created (using Smugbrowser), the photos goto my gallery called 'Other' despite the upload screen showing their correct destination name.

As a test I created a Gallery called 'test album' in a Gallery called 'Night Photography'. I confirmed the Gallery was listed correctly in the pop-up window that appeared and closed Smugbrowser down. Upon re-opening, the new gallery had been moved to the 'Other' gallery which incidentally is the first gallery in my list when I log in.

It's not a major problem to change the Gallery location but is this a bug ?

Rich

Firefox 2.0.0.13, Smugbrowser 0.5.5 beta & Vista

i think i have the same question. first though, many, many thanks for smugbrowser. i've had so many different troubles with SM uploaders that i thought i was going to have to switch websites. not that they're all bad, they just don't meet my needs.

on to my question; hopefully this will be clear.

regardless of what category i tell SMB to upload galleries to, it defaults to the 'other' category. oddly, even though the images wind up in 'other,' they do find the correct subcat even though that subcat isn't in 'other' and is not listed in the upload section of SMB.

for example, i ask it to upload a gallery to cat 'x,' subcat 'y.' but the gallery winds up in cat 'other' and subcat 'y.' this happens even after it has offered me the pull-down choices of cat 'x' and subcat 'y.' it also happens whether i upload by right-clicking the gallery name or from the subcat name or the cat name in the tree.

SMB still fits my needs much better than all the other uploaders, but it does delay my customers getting their goods.

so, does anybody know what i'm doing wrong and how to get it to work? if not, does anybody know if a new release is scheduled to fix it?

thanks in advance,

greg

FF 2.0.0.14, XP Pro, Whatever SMB version downloaded today