Options

Pay It Forward Thread: list your items HERE!

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited September 12, 2011 in Flea Market
I've received a request to start a "pay it forward" thread for small items. I like this idea, because it will minimize the total number of threads... let's do it.

Place your pay it forward's in here, this is anything that you are not really seeking payment for, except perhaps shipping costs. I'll stretch the limits in this thread to include stuff that is on the periphery of photography (electronics, computer peripherals, etc), but please NO cats or kitchen sinks!

Please title your post with the name of the item, and try to remember to come back to your post and edit in "GONE" when you have paid it forward. Thanks!
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• Options
    TeamSpeedTeamSpeed Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Who wants an EOS body cap?
    Since I requested it and am celebrating yet another forum membership here, here is what is up for grabs.

I have a new Canon EOS body cap, fits the EOS line and has EOS on it, not Canon. Generic, but if you need a spare body cap for one of your many bodies, here is your chance. First one to PM me "I WANNA GET CAPPED" in the CONUS gets this mailed via USPS first class to their door. I only ask that you then offer something up to extend the chain.

THIS ITEM IS NOW CLOSED
    7D, 70-200L IS, 17-55 IS 2.8, 150 2.8 macro, 12-24, 100-400L, 85 1.8, 50 1.4
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    UPDATE, cap has a new home with Bauerman!

Bauerman's turn to post up something, stay tuned....

Might as well reply to let folks know the thread is paying forward with something new....
  • Options
    squeaky_clean82squeaky_clean82 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    I've got a Canon EOS 630 camera body in decent shape, GONE with a couple extra batteries. Works fine, looks ok. Has a little bit of gunk on the shutter (you can read about this common problem all over), but it isn't affecting it. $10 for shipping and its yours.

I also have an extra generic canon ef rear lens cap, if anyone needs one...

PM or email me. Thanks!
  • Options
    fehlingerfehlinger Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Good idea!

[Edit] Taken - Sending to Seymore on Monday.

I've got a Nikon SB-28 owners manual as well as the Magic Lantern Guide in case anyone wants them. I figure that maybe some budding "Strobist" might find them useful. Take one or both. I'll mail them free. 1st PM.

BTW, are you the same Teamspeed that bought my 17-85IS a couple of years ago on FM? (my nick is IPCINC on FM)

Cary
    Cary
    Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    fehlinger wrote:
    Good idea!

I've got a Nikon SB-28 owners manual as well as the Magic Lantern Guide in case anyone wants them. I figure that maybe some budding "Strobist" might find them useful. Take one or both. I'll mail them free. 1st PM.

BTW, are you the same Teamspeed that bought my 17-85IS a couple of years ago on FM? (my nick is IPCINC on FM)

Cary
    Yup, sold it with an XT body, then got another one with a 30D, now that one is up for sale too. Moved onto a 17-55, 10-22, and a 70-200 IS!!! Great to see all the fellow Hoosiers on this board. We also have the same name, Laughing.gif!
  • Options
    StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    TeamSpeed wrote:
    Yup, sold it with an XT body, then got another one with a 30D, now that one is up for sale too. Moved onto a 17-55, 10-22, and a 70-200 IS!!! Great to see all the fellow Hoosiers on this board. We also have the same name, Laughing.gif!

Hoosiers Rock!!!!!!:D
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Canon Hand Strap
    Hi Sharpshooters,

I'm offering a Canon hand strap to the first person who is interested!
    I bought it, used it once and didn't like it very much so if anyone would like to have it, just send me an email. I'll even pay for the shipping :D

Here are the details...
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=12984&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
    www.christophersedgwick.com

• Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    F45 wrote:
    Hi Sharpshooters,

I'm offering a Canon hand strap to the first person who is interested!
    I bought it, used it once and didn't like it very much so if anyone would like to have it, just send me an email. I'll even pay for the shipping :D

Here are the details...
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=12984&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Wow, very nice...
  • Options
    F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    "Stormdancing" was pretty quick with the ol' email!
    That didn't take long!

The hand strap is now spoken for and will be heading towards the midwestern part of the country tomorrow morning!!

I guess it was the free shipping part rolleyes1.gifrofl
    Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
    www.christophersedgwick.com

• Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    OH wow F45, didn't see my name on it and thought someone else was faster.

Oh now I gotta go dig through my stuff and find something. Boy oh Boy, I'm not sure anyone would want my junk.
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    fehlinger wrote:
    Good idea!

Cary... PM sent.
  • Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    My Offering...
    I needed to add something to this thread as I was the recipient of the first item offere by TeamSpeed.

Here is what I am offering at this point:

Brand new set of Promaster 49mm close up filters with snap case.

Comes with the +4, +2 and +1 power filters in the padded, hard-sided snapped case. Will cover shipping in the US. First PM gets them.....I never used them.

Jared
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    Life Smiles Back
    I don't have anything in the way of useful camera equipment to offer up, but I will part with this book. I hope that someone enjoys it as much as I have.

Life Smiles Back
    More than 200 Classic Photos from the Famous Back Page of America's Favorite Magazine by Phillip B. Kunhardt, Jr.
    Copyright 1987

ISBN 0-67164399-1

Some awesome photos in this hardcover book. Nice collectors item.

Asking for book rate shipping in return via Paypal
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    Canon CA-560 Power Adapter
    Canon CA-560 Power Adapter. Fits a variety of Canons I believe.

I have had this for a long time and it's about to get tossed. Let me know if you need one.

Thanks,
    Scott

This item is free and shipped free to US.
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2007
    Scooter wrote:
    Canon CA-560 Power Adapter. Fits a variety of Canons I believe.

I have had this for a long time and it's about to get tossed. Let me know if you need one.

Thanks,
    Scott

That is for alot of the Powershot Gx series cameras, also for a few of the camcorders. With the Gx cameras running around, it would be a good find for somebody!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    Canon LP 1219 Soft Pouch. Fits Canon 24-70, Canon 24-105, many other similar size lenses. Paid Forward.

Canon EW-83H Lens Hood for Canon 24-105L. Paid Forward.

Camdapter Hand Strap and Camdapter plate for Bogen Manfrotto heads. Paid Forward.

Price for any item, $0. But you have to send me a USPS Priority Mail stamp and I'll send the item (s) back to you.
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Canon LP 1219 Soft Pouch. Fits Canon 24-70, Canon 24-105, many other similar size lenses. Paid Forward.

Canon EW-83H Lens Hood for Canon 24-105L.

Camdapter Hand Strap and Camdapter plate for Bogen Manfrotto heads. Paid Forward.

Price for any item, $0. But you have to send me a USPS Priority Mail stamp and I'll send the item (s) back to you.

Pouch and Camdapter gone. Hood available.
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Canon EW-83H Lens Hood for Canon 24-105L. Paid Forward.

All items paid forward. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2007
    Hoya 58mm Filter
    I thought that I would add something else to this effort.

I have a Hoya 58mm UV Filter that is in pristine shape just taking up space in my bag. Let me know if you are interested. I will cover packaging and shipping - you just have to send the address.

Jared
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2007
    bauerman wrote:
    I thought that I would add something else to this effort.

I have a Hoya 58mm UV Filter that is in pristine shape just taking up space in my bag. Let me know if you are interested. I will cover packaging and shipping - you just have to send the address.

Jared

Hoya 58mm UV filter goes to Kim (DifferentSpeed)............I should have more stuff up at some point later in the week.

Kim - your turn to offer something up.......have a good weekend.....your filter will be on the way soon.

Jared
  • Options
    DifferentSeedDifferentSeed Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    Hand Strap
    Hi folks,

It's my turn to pay it forward :) I've got an extra handstrap by Kalt. I recently got a Camdapter and retired this one, but it's in great condition. No box.

I'll pay shipping within the USA. The first person to send me their mailing address gets it. For more information about it go here.
    Make a small loan, Make a big difference. Find out how at http://www.kiva.org
  • Options
    GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    Hi folks,

It's my turn to pay it forward :) I've got an extra handstrap by Kalt. I recently got a Camdapter and retired this one, but it's in great condition. No box.

I'll pay shipping within the USA. The first person to send me their mailing address gets it. For more information about it go here.

If that'll fit my 10D with Grip I'll lay claim to it!

Sending PM (No email listed):D
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    DifferentSeedDifferentSeed Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    It was carmel6942 that was the first to reply. I'll have it in the mail to you this week, Carl.

Your turn to pay it forward. :)

Make a small loan, Make a big difference. Find out how at http://www.kiva.org
  • Options
    carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    My turn :D

I have a 36 inch usb extension cable needing a new home. How about I thow in a 4 port usb 2 hub to go with it
    Carl
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2007
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=497035&postcount=5

Got the package today Cary... Thanks man. thumb.gif
    Please check your email.
  • Options
    Ronald S. Jr.Ronald S. Jr. Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    carmel6942 wrote:
    My turn :D

I have a 36 inch usb extension cable needing a new home. How about I thow in a 4 port usb 2 hub to go with it

I'll take 'em!

I've got a pair of 256mb Lexar CF's that I just never use.
    30D, 20D, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100 2.8 macro, 580EX II, 580EX, 550EX, Custom Brackets
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2007
    And my turn at this...
    Who has a need for a Quantaray 58mm UV or 62mm CP. thumb.gif

Drop me a PM...

UPDATE: rgbivens has claimed the 62mm CP...
    UODATE: alexdingdong has claimed the 58mm UV...

ALL GONE NOW...
    wings.gif
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    I have had sitting around for several years a NIKON 77mm lens cap.....free for the asking....PM me and I will mail it to you.......remember tho you must post something in the same manner, please......

"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    I'll take 'em!

I've got a pair of 256mb Lexar CF's that I just never use.

They are yours.
    Carl
  • Options
    fmkjrfmkjr Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    Tiffen Circular Polarizer 58MM
    Filter has been claimed: (Pay it forward) :-) 3.11.07 Shipped: 3.12.07
    Tiffen circular polarizer 58 mm in great condition. Case included. It is in great condition. It works great and has minimal cleaning marks. I have no need for it and would rather it be used than sit on my shelf. thumb.gif

Send me a PM if you have an interest. I will send it free for the continental states. All I ask is you post something of value. :D

frank

dr.Frank

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1
    We now need to not destroy it and capture its beauty for all to behold.

http://www.kendralla.com