Options

Pay It Forward Thread: list your items HERE!

Comments

• Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    I have Promaster UV filters. 77, 67, maybe others. just PM me your size and I'll check. Just pay whatever the shipping is and pay it forward. I'd prefer to limit 1 per to get more people paying it forward.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    JohnBiggs wrote:
    I have Promaster UV filters. 77, 67, maybe others. just PM me your size and I'll check. Just pay whatever the shipping is and pay it forward. I'd prefer to limit 1 per to get more people paying it forward.

John,

I could use a 62 if you can spare it. It seems to be the only size I don't have laying around. I can pay forward (to you or anyone else) a handful of other filters I'll post later.

Thanks,
    Paul
  • Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Pupator wrote:
    John,

I could use a 62 if you can spare it. It seems to be the only size I don't have laying around. I can pay forward (to you or anyone else) a handful of other filters I'll post later.

Thanks,
    Paul

I'll take a look. 77 and 67 for sure. not too sure about the 62. Maybe a 58... anyways, I'll post back here.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2010
    I have two old flash units both work...

vivitar 283
    vivitar 730AFNi (Nikon)

I wouldn't mount them on a digi due to the shoe voltage, but if someone wants to play with off camera lighting and has the way to fire them.

I would like someone to ask for them that is in need of them to further there photo skills and normally wouldn't spend the money...

PM me...

no longer available .... shipped to a fellow dgrin
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    PhilMPhilM Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited April 18, 2010
    I have a few rolls of T-Max 35mm film if anyone wants them.

Hit me up.
    Life is good and lots of stuff to shoot!! :clap
  • Options
    hillsidekimhillsidekim Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Computer memory
    I have two cards like pictured ready to mail to whoever could use them. Excellent condition and they work. I'll take care of the postage to U.S.A.
    Email is best.
    Kim
    Western burbs of Chicago
  • Options
    nightowlcatnightowlcat Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    I have a Nikon N2020 to pay forward, I received a 77mm filter from JohnBiggs

n2020_nikon_af_front.jpg

n2020_nikon_af_top.jpg
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    I have a Nikon N2020 to pay forward, I received a 77mm filter from JohnBiggs

I'm a high school photography teacher still using class b&w film and 35mm cameras. I would LOVE to add this to our classroom supply so that more kids can use cameras without sharing.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    nightowlcatnightowlcat Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    Send me your info and it'll be on its way clap.gif
    I'm a high school photography teacher still using class b&w film and 35mm cameras. I would LOVE to add this to our classroom supply so that more kids can use cameras without sharing.
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    accessories not worth selling? NEEDED! :D
    This might be a bit backwards, but I've paid forward one or two things but haven't gotten anything yet (nothing I really need!)

HOWEVER, I'm gifting my old Nikon D50 to a just-out-of-college-and-broke-poor friend who has a film SLR and crappy point and shoot and is forever frustrated by her photography. Since I haven't touched my D50 in 1.5 years, I figured it was better off in her hands (it needs love!). So far I've someone donating an old Lowepro slingshot, I've got old 2G SD cards for her, a mediocre polarizer, two quantaray lenses (oh dear! but it is something to start with), a flash diffuser, a smugmug strap, a cleaning cloth, and the D50 manual somewhere.

Do you have more cleaning supplies (lens brush, cleaning fluids, etc?). Or a hotshoe protector? an old kenko tube? Or any other filters for 58mm or 55mm lenses? a beat up 50mm 1.8? I'd love to set her up 'properly' (although anything bigger than 90mm lens wise she'll have to buy on her own unless someone has a good one that just looks like crap and therefore difficult to sell).

It'll be a few weeks before I ship this all off to her. I'm willing to comp shipping costs.

THANKS!

ps. or an old copy of Understanding Exposure? either old or newer edition :D
    //Leah
  • Options
    BrendanBrendan Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010

Suzanne: My mother-in-law gave me a Nikon EM + 50/1.8 Series E kit to sell for her. I've been able to sell the 50/1.8E, but no one seems interested in the EM. It needs new light seals and a new battery, but otherwise I believe it's in operable condition. Let me know if you're interested, and if so, I can check with my mother-in-law to see if she's ok with it being donated (I imagine she'd be fine with it).

--Brendan
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2010
    fredjclaus wrote: »
    I have an unopened package of Plastine Film Preservers. They are for 35mm negatives, and each one holds a strip of 6 frames. The packages says there is 100 sleeves in it, and it says acid free.

Hi Fred,

If you still have these lying around, I'd be interested. I'm trying to get into B&W film photography, so these would be quite handy. Please send me a PM if they're still looking for a good home. If not, no worries.

--Brendan
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Brendan wrote: »
    Suzanne: My mother-in-law gave me a Nikon EM + 50/1.8 Series E kit to sell for her. I've been able to sell the 50/1.8E, but no one seems interested in the EM. It needs new light seals and a new battery, but otherwise I believe it's in operable condition. Let me know if you're interested, and if so, I can check with my mother-in-law to see if she's ok with it being donated (I imagine she'd be fine with it).

--Brendan

Batteries are obviously cake, but I have yet to do a light seal replacement. Suppose there is always a first time! It would help when I'm teaching 50 high schoolers at a time. :D
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2010
    Batteries are obviously cake, but I have yet to do a light seal replacement. Suppose there is always a first time! It would help when I'm teaching 50 high schoolers at a time. :D

Ok, I'll ask the mother-in-law and see what she says. From what I've read replacing the light seals isn't too difficult. If you want to shoot me a PM with the address, I can send it once she approves. :D

PS: The EM doesn't have a manual mode -- aperture priority only from what I can tell. Is this ok for your course?

PPS: She said it's ok, but requested a receipt (for tax purposes). Is this something you can provide? Just let me know in the PM and we can discuss more there.
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2010
    Suzanne, I've PM'd you a couple times with no response, so I'm trying here... Did you ever get the camera in the mail? It was sent a few weeks ago. I also haven't received a receipt (as you said you would send), my body cap I included to protect the camera but requested back, or even a word of thanks... Kind of discouraging... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    I have 2 Sandisk 256M (128x2) Memory Sticks that I bought NEW in 2003 for one of my first digi-P&S's, a Sony S85. Well, they've been sitting on the shelf for a few years now and I can't see using these any more.

Drop me a PM or email if you can use these, yours for the asking...

G O N E
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 30, 2010
    miscellaneous computer stuffs
    I'm trying to tidy up my bin of "computer/photo stuff" - if there's anything that catches your eye in the photo below, it's yours (except for the green couch)!

1110429012_VwmJw-L.jpg

In mostly clockwise order from top left, that's an ipod/iphone cupholder thingy, a Sandisk CF card reader, random power cable, a firewire iphone/ipod cable, a VGA adapter from the old 12" Powerbook (complete w/caps!), a USB mouse, more USB-to-mini USB cables than you can shake a stick at, an iTrip FM transmitter for the old ipod with that weirdo connector, and a similarly afflicted airClick remote for said ipod. Oh, right, and the RAM is 2Rx16 PC2-6400S - 2 sticks at 1gb each.

Nothing wrong with any of this stuff - all the gadget items work fine.

*edit: card reader and mouse have been paid forward. everything else still here.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited November 30, 2010
    the ipod cable looks like one of the new ones? any idea if it fits the iphone 4? I need a spare :S
    //Leah
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2010
    Hi Erik,
    I could use the card reader if still available.
    Thanks,
    Kim

PM sent
    Kim
    Western burbs of Chicago
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2010
    catspaw wrote: »
    the ipod cable looks like one of the new ones? any idea if it fits the iphone 4? I need a spare :S
    it's actually quite old, but the apple ipod/iphone "dock" connector is and has been the same since they first released it. The other end is firewire, though, so it won't work for anything besides charging (I'm pretty sure)
    Erik

• Options
    edited December 5, 2010
    Anyone have a small old network hub laying around? deal.gif
    Erik

• Options
    edited December 5, 2010
    DoctorIt wrote: »
    Anyone have a small old network hub laying around? deal.gif

Can you used older 10base-t? I have a DLINK 4 port you can have... drop me a PM or email. deal.gifdeal.gif
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2010
    it's actually quite old, but the apple ipod/iphone "dock" connector is and has been the same since they first released it. The other end is firewire, though, so it won't work for anything besides charging (I'm pretty sure)

bah! oh well, thanks :) I've donated at least once, it's not necessary I find something but hey! I'll keep an eye on this thread :D
    //Leah
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2010
    Seymore wrote: »
    Can you used older 10base-t? I have a DLINK 4 port you can have... drop me a PM or email. deal.gifdeal.gif
    Darn, I forgot about that! 10Mbps would defeat the purpose of a hub... I got a free ISP upgrade, so I can actually run at up to 16Mbps. The whole point of the hub was to acheive that speed - I was just running wireless up to now.

Thanks anyway, and I guess I should post a WTB, unless anyone has a faster hub they don't need.
    Erik

• Options
    edited December 8, 2010
    Darn, I forgot about that! 10Mbps would defeat the purpose of a hub... I got a free ISP upgrade, so I can actually run at up to 16Mbps. The whole point of the hub was to acheive that speed - I was just running wireless up to now.

Thanks anyway, and I guess I should post a WTB, unless anyone has a faster hub they don't need.

OK, understood. Thanks for splainin', sorry I can't help then. Hope someone else can fill that void for ya...

So, you only got a B router now? (11mbps wireless) I'd suggest thinking of that as an upgrade... They're quite cheap if you can find a G router. Good luck mate...
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2010
    Got a cabled D-Link 10Mbps hub (DE-805TP) w/uplink port to mail anywhere in the lower 48. Small little 4 port hub. Email or PM if you can use it.
  • Options
    jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    I'm trying to tidy up my bin of "computer/photo stuff" - if there's anything that catches your eye in the photo below, it's yours (except for the green couch)!

1110429012_VwmJw-L.jpg

In mostly clockwise order from top left, that's an ipod/iphone cupholder thingy, a Sandisk CF card reader, random power cable, a firewire iphone/ipod cable, a VGA adapter from the old 12" Powerbook (complete w/caps!), a USB mouse, more USB-to-mini USB cables than you can shake a stick at, an iTrip FM transmitter for the old ipod with that weirdo connector, and a similarly afflicted airClick remote for said ipod. Oh, right, and the RAM is 2Rx16 PC2-6400S - 2 sticks at 1gb each.

Nothing wrong with any of this stuff - all the gadget items work fine.

Hello, Sir. Is the Sandisk CF card reader still available? Would love to have one instead of draining the battery on my D70 everytime I transfer the files from camera to PC. Thanks.
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2010
    jiro wrote: »
    Hello, Sir. Is the Sandisk CF card reader still available? Would love to have one instead of draining the battery on my D70 everytime I transfer the files from camera to PC. Thanks.
    Sorry, Jiro, the reader is gone. All that's left are the cables, the old iPod accessories and the memory.

thanks,
    Erik

• Options
    edited December 16, 2010
    When you get right down to it, that's all anyone has left, is the memory.
    Kim
    Western burbs of Chicago
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2010
    AlongSide wrote: »

I am interested in perhaps doing some trading for:
    1) 58mm filters
    2) Sony VCL-DH1758
    3) either the Raynox DCR-250 or 150.

Thanks...
    AlongSide
    [/SIZE]

You should start a thread with "WTT" (want to trade) in the title. The "Pay it forward" thread is for freebees, not trades. :D And you might not want to use such a big font in the future.