Options

Pay It Forward Thread: list your items HERE!

Comments

• Options
    Phatman113Phatman113 Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    72mm Tiffen circ. polarizers, UV, and 812 filters! The circ. polarizer is the most used, but the glass on all three are clean!

I've been needing some protection for the end of my Canon 24-70... I'm not sure what the 812 filter is, but I could make good use of the UV and polarizer! If someone else could use the 812 better than I, I won't lay claim to it. :D

(PM sent)

Scratch that, Moogle Pepper gently reminded me that the 24-70 is in fact 77mm and not 72.

On to the next needer of 72mm filters :)
    http://phatman113.smugmug.com
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi :lust
    - Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM lens :lust
    - Kit lens...:cry
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 10, 2008
    I could use the 72 mm filters

PM Sent to Moogle Pepper
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    PM received and filters sent!mwink.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    Sunpak 58mm UV filter
    58mm UV filter, good for protection. Never used, still in it's box.

I'll ship it anywhere, but if you are outside the USA we may have to talk about shipping cost as it could be high ne_nau.gif
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    nxthreenxthree Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Have a filter to spare?
    Anyone have any used, beat-up, scratched GND, ND or circular polarizing filters in 72mm or 77mm sizes that they want to dispose of? (or filter holders and square filters) I really want to learn how to use these types of filters but can't afford to buy a good one. I'd rather not buy a cheapie only to buy an expensive one later. I'd be willing to pay for shipping - just can't afford to pay for a filter. I don't care what condition they're in - I'm not looking to create award winning photos.

Thanks! Sorry for the beg!
    Brian
  • Options
    tessy59tessy59 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited May 13, 2009
    Sunpak 58mm UV filter
    Hi...If the filter isn't spoken for yet, I could really use it
    Thank you
  • Options
    tbreed725tbreed725 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 14, 2009
    its a good bet its gone it was posted in AUGUST 2008
  • Options
    KTBoom2006-E510KTBoom2006-E510 Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    I am really hoping someone has a lens hood for my canon lens... I lost mine :cry
    ~Katie~
    :barb

http://www.kc1stphotography.com

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II
  • Options
    chinoamigochinoamigo Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 15, 2009
    free invisible shield for Canon SD700 IS
    free invisible shield (never used) for Canon Powershot SD700 IS camera. i tried selling this but i guess the camera model is too old so if any of you would like this, just pay for shipping and i'll ship it out to you :D

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/canon-powershot-sd700is-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php
  • Options
    Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    I don't know how this thread works, and I am familiar with the rules of pay it forward, but can some one help me out?

I'm looking to sell a long lens in the house of canon section, and I'm looking for the canon apo 150mm lens I really want to buy.
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    I don't know how this thread works, and I am familiar with the rules of pay it forward, but can some one help me out?

I'm looking to sell a long lens in the house of canon section, and I'm looking for the canon apo 150mm lens I really want to buy.

Pay it forward is for free items that people are giving away. The recipient of a free item then has to give something else up for free.

You need to post in the Canon forum. Make your title like this:

FS/FT: [Lens name]
    Then in the body, describe the lens and its condition. Include a few pictures. Name your price and shipping terms. At the end say "I'm also in the market for an APO 150mm and would consider trades or an outright purchase."

thumb.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 23, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:

Click on the "guidelines" link in my signature, below thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    L_F_LL_F_L Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Tamron/Promaster Hood for 17-50 or 28-75
    Has a little crack that was glued together by the previous owner. Fully functional, if a little fugly.

Fits both 17-50 or 28-75.

Hood has been taken (over at FM)
  • Options
    TeamSpeedTeamSpeed Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    So I took off today, reading through forums' "is my lens sharp" and "how do I adjust my lens" posts, saw a couple where folks were discussing the best methods, and decided maybe I can help those that are having a hard time with adjustments. I used this after I made it, and adjusted my 17-55 another +2, so it seemed to work better for me than my prior method.

It is free, just download the word doc off my site. It is a template with 3 folds on each sheet, a cut here and there, and viola! I know it is not as nice as the products that are out there now for adjustments, but this is free and you can make it yourself if you have a printer. It may be temperamental to keep standing, but stand a book or something behind the focus sheet, and it should be just fine. It's free, whaddya expect?! ;)

If you have any minor suggestions, please let me know and I can try to address them. Maybe this can be the defacto focus chart for DIYers instead of either purchasing a product or just using the old focus screen everybody points to and then folks have a hard time using it.

http://www.invisicord.com/docs/invisicordfocuschart.doc
    or
    http://www.invisicord.com/docs/invisicordfocuschart.pdf

If you would like to donate to help with the hosting of this, please send whatever small contribution you would like to freebies AT invisicord.com, a good part of the proceeds will actually go to our local Harvest Food Bank for Thanksgiving.

invisicordfocuschart1.jpg
    invisicordfocuschart2.jpg
    7D, 70-200L IS, 17-55 IS 2.8, 150 2.8 macro, 12-24, 100-400L, 85 1.8, 50 1.4
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2009
    Got some stuff to pay forward - first to send me a PM for the item gets it. I'll ship it to you and PM back with the shipping cost (just a few bucks). I'd appreciate it if you'd Paypal me the shipping cost. If you can't - no worries.

1) *CLAIMED* Video card. This is a Dell branded ATI Radeon X300 128MB. It has no identifying marks on it, but I'm telling you that's what it is! It has a DVI, D-sub, and S-video port on it. You'll need to track down drivers. It's a PCI-Express card that will only fit in a full-size tower.

2) *CLAIMED* Viewsonic Nextvision N4 - I loved this thing. I don't have any use for it anymore. Remote included.

3) *CLAIMED* Kensington Notebook Dock - this USB dock will work with any computer. It has 3 USB ports, ethernet, serial, LPT, and audio.

4) Small CaseLogic CD/DVD case. This holds 24 CDs or DVDs and zips up. It's nice and small and good for travel.

5) Linksys EtherFast 10/100 Integrated PC Card Model #PCM100 - PCMCIA Card

6) *CLAIMED* Smugmug Pro Strap - new in plastic (I got an extra)

7) SanDisk zip up CF card holder - holds 2 CF cards

8) 3 Firewire cables - these are old so I'm guess they're FW400. I have a 4-pin to 4-pin, 6-pin to 6-pin, and 4-pin to 6-pin

9) 2 Generic camera straps. These might be good for kids.

10) 49mm Quantarray UV Filter

11) *CLAIMED* 55mm Promaster UV Filter

12) *CLAIMED* 55mm Tiffen UV Filter
  • Options
    guinkguink Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited September 13, 2009
    SanDisk Compact Flash Cards - GONE
    These have been claimed.
  • Options
    mtbehmmtbehm Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2009
    Being a newphotographer books about taking pictures would be a great idea for this thread as it is usually beginners that need something and since we are beginners, we need to learn. Thanks alot
  • Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2009
    Hot Shoe PC Sync adapter
    I have an adapter that slides onto the hot shoe of your camera and it gives you a PC sync plug where you may need one. If anyone can use it, I would only ask that you cover shipping. I don't suspect that it would cost too much since it's only about an inch square.

I have pictures if anyone wants to see it.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    king of englandking of england Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    PC adapter
    If you still have it I would be glad to pay for the shipping.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    fredjclaus wrote:
    I have an adapter that slides onto the hot shoe of your camera and it gives you a PC sync plug where you may need one. If anyone can use it, I would only ask that you cover shipping. I don't suspect that it would cost too much since it's only about an inch square.

I have pictures if anyone wants to see it.
    Living in a Photoshop altered state.

Canon 1dmkII, Canon 30D, Canon 50 1.8, Canon 18-55, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Canon 28-70 F2.8 L, Canon 580 EX, Canon CP 3 battery pack x2, assorted studio lighting
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2009
    I gave away quite a bit of stuff in September and haven't seen any of the folks who got stuff pay anything forward.... mwink.gif
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    GONE!

I haven't received anything from this thread but I DO have a great 'pay it forward' item since it has nearly no value after shipping is included.

CRUMPLER 1 MILLION DOLLAR HOME - NEW in packaging in red

I ordered this from Crumpler directly and it's honestly just bigger than anything I need. Or waaaay too small for a dslr :D I suppose I could fit the two G10s in it, but I almost alway have a camera out in my hand, so.. yeah. It's been sitting in a smoke free (but pet) home for the last year.

It has been given no love :(

so, want? iloveyou.gif just paypal $8 for shipping and it is YOURS.

dk%20red-red-blue.jpg

red with light blue interior. you can get more specs on the crumpler website at:
    http://www.crumplerbags.com/Lite/English/Products/1-Million-Dollar-Home-MD0110A.html
    //Leah
  • Options
    t-revt-rev Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    I'll take if still available. Could definitely come in handy. I've got a few things I'd love to get rid of so I'll post some pay it forward stuff tomorrow.
    catspaw wrote:
    I haven't received anything from this thread but I DO have a great 'pay it forward' item since it has nearly no value after shipping is included.

CRUMPLER 1 MILLION DOLLAR HOME - NEW in packaging in red

I ordered this from Crumpler directly and it's honestly just bigger than anything I need. Or waaaay too small for a dslr :D I suppose I could fit the two G10s in it, but I almost alway have a camera out in my hand, so.. yeah. It's been sitting in a smoke free (but pet) home for the last year.

It has been given no love :(

so, want? iloveyou.gif just paypal $8 for shipping and it is YOURS.

dk%20red-red-blue.jpg

red with light blue interior. you can get more specs on the crumpler website at:
    http://www.crumplerbags.com/Lite/English/Products/1-Million-Dollar-Home-MD0110A.html
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    t-rev wrote:
    I'll take if still available. Could definitely come in handy. I've got a few things I'd love to get rid of so I'll post some pay it forward stuff tomorrow.

Yours! have fun paying it forward :)
    //Leah
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2009
    Sorry that one has been taken, but I think I have another on my my bag. Let me look.

If you still have it I would be glad to pay for the shipping.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    256MB and 128MB CF Cards
    Way too small for anything I have any more. Meant to send these out a while ago, but they got lost on my desk and the person found others. So, they are ready to go out this week. I'll even cover shipping. You just need to pay it forward. Just PM me your address and the first one gets them. The brand is SimpleTECH if you care.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    TeamSpeedTeamSpeed Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    Way too small for anything I have any more. Meant to send these out a while ago, but they got lost on my desk and the person found others. So, they are ready to go out this week. I'll even cover shipping. You just need to pay it forward. Just PM me your address and the first one gets them. The brand is SimpleTECH if you care.

These would be great for just firmware updates if nothing else, or to store the MKIII settings (up to 10 files)
    7D, 70-200L IS, 17-55 IS 2.8, 150 2.8 macro, 12-24, 100-400L, 85 1.8, 50 1.4
  • Options
    mr mojomr mojo Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Free
    Two Canon Digital Straps and acopy of hewlett packard image zone
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    ((pif))
    3 tripod casters for studio use.
    They are old, functional and if they could tell what they've seen.........
    Fits tripod legs @ 7/8" ID.
    767217032_kHaJJ-M.jpg

One silver and one white shoot thru umbrella.
    These are both 31" and real beaters but still functional, one broken and semi-repaired outbound rib on either.

PM or email if you can use anything here...

Come on people, they're free.
    If they're not listed as gone, they are still available...
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2010
    Flash extension cord
    I was loading my equipment into my new camera bag and found this flash extention cord I haven't used is a couple years. I purchased it to go from my Pentax camera to my Vivitar 283 flash unit. It's a male to female PC plugs, and it's at least 10 feet coiled. Not sure if it works, but it did work last time I used it.

Here is a link to something similar to what I have.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/82842-REG/General_Brand_NP10002_PC_Male_to_PC.html
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer

• Options
    edited March 11, 2010
    Offer: 35mm negative sleeves
    I have an unopened package of Plastine Film Preservers. They are for 35mm negatives, and each one holds a strip of 6 frames. The packages says there is 100 sleeves in it, and it says acid free.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer