Options

Pay It Forward Thread: list your items HERE!

Comments

• Options
    jwtruth35jwtruth35 Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    (Item has been spoken for and sent) O.k. I just saw this thread, and am new to this site (so I haven't lucked out and snagged any free goodies yet,) and I have a Digital rebel xti Digital field guide by Charlotte K Lowrie. I got to read it a little bit, and then my xti got stolen along with most of my lenses. The silver lining in all this is I replaced it with a 30D and love it.

But, I sure don't need this book anymore. It's actually a really good book for that camera; especially if you are fairly new to the dslr world. It's like the book that should have come with the camera.

It got a little mangled by amazon when they shipped it (just bent, nothing got ripped) but it's free if anyone wants it. I will cover shipping, but it will be the cheapest shipping, since I am poor from trying to replace SOME of my goodies that were lost. eek7.gif Just PM me if Interested Book has been spoken for and sent!
  • Options
    JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2007
    Travels to the Edge with Art Wolf, photographer.
    Hi, I stupidly put this in the wrong thread, since no one replied, I deleted it and hope the message doesn't show up twice.

Anyway, I recorded Travels from the Edge, "Bolivia" with Art Wolf. It's a fun 1/2 hour show, produced by Canon. Kind of neat to watch a travel piece with a photog. Bolivia is amazing !!! Mountains, flamingos, lakes, desert, saltflats, cactus. The video is stunning, the landscape stills are amazing, and sureal, I even liked the music rolleyes1.gif.

Since it's copied from TV, it's not copy protected . Any one with a computer that can make DVDs can copy it. Then you can keep it and send a copy to the next person.

Any interest?
    Jill

Jill
    Jill
  • Options
    mtuckmtuck Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited June 17, 2007
    jwtruth35 wrote:
    O.k. I just saw this thread, and am new to this site (so I haven't lucked out and snagged any free goodies yet,) and I have a Digital rebel xti Digital field guide by Charlotte K Lowrie. I got to read it a little bit, and then my xti got stolen along with most of my lenses. The silver lining in all this is I replaced it with a 30D and love it.

But, I sure don't need this book anymore. It's actually a really good book for that camera; especially if you are fairly new to the dslr world. It's like the book that should have come with the camera.

It got a little mangled by amazon when they shipped it (just bent, nothing got ripped) but it's free if anyone wants it. I will cover shipping, but it will be the cheapest shipping, since I am poor from trying to replace SOME of my goodies that were lost. eek7.gif Just PM me if Interested

PM sent.

~Tucker
  • Options
    mtuckmtuck Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited June 18, 2007
    herion wrote:
    Hi all,

Just came across two AAA Nexcell rechargeable batteries - 700mAh. If anybody wants them, they're yours for $1 shipping.

Email (preferred) or PM.

Thanks!

Email sent. Thanks for the offer.

~Tucker
  • Options
    madirectmadirect Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited June 18, 2007
    I'd like to take it, if it's still available. I will make a copy and pass it on. Thanks.

JillG wrote:
    Hi, I stupidly put this in the wrong thread, since no one replied, I deleted it and hope the message doesn't show up twice.

Anyway, I recorded Travels from the Edge, "Bolivia" with Art Wolf. It's a fun 1/2 hour show, produced by Canon. Kind of neat to watch a travel piece with a photog. Bolivia is amazing !!! Mountains, flamingos, lakes, desert, saltflats, cactus. The video is stunning, the landscape stills are amazing, and sureal, I even liked the music rolleyes1.gif.

Since it's copied from TV, it's not copy protected . Any one with a computer that can make DVDs can copy it. Then you can keep it and send a copy to the next person.

Any interest?
    Jill

Jill
  • Options
    JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    madirect wrote:
    I'd like to take it, if it's still available. I will make a copy and pass it on. Thanks.
    Hi, Just pm me your address and I'll send it to ya. I just realized that I also have "Alaska" ( I haven't watched it yet ) . I put them both on a DVD.
    Jill
    Jill
  • Options
    TeamSpeedTeamSpeed Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2007
    I have an EOS body cap, doesn't say canon, just says EOS (generic). If you are missing a body cap for a Canon film camera or otherwise, shoot me a PM, and I will get this out to you.
    7D, 70-200L IS, 17-55 IS 2.8, 150 2.8 macro, 12-24, 100-400L, 85 1.8, 50 1.4
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    Alright - I've got a HP Deskjet 9650 large format printer that goes to the first person who wants it and is willing to pay all the shipping costs. I'll look around for ink, but no promises on that.

You can choose the method, USPS or UPS, the speed, the amount of insurance (if any), and I'll get the total and have you paypal it (plus the 3% paypal fee) to me.

I'd love for someone to have this, but I'm not going to lose money sending it to you (I'm just not that nice!)

If you're in the Charlotte NC, Rock Hill SC area (or perhaps even GA) we can find a way to make it work without shipping.

[Printer sent to Grant!]
  • Options
    rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    PM Sent.

-Grant
    Pupator wrote:
    Alright - I've got a HP Deskjet 9650 large format printer that goes to the first person who wants it and is willing to pay all the shipping costs. I'll look around for ink, but no promises on that.

You can choose the method, USPS or UPS, the speed, the amount of insurance (if any), and I'll get the total and have you paypal it (plus the 3% paypal fee) to me.

I'd love for someone to have this, but I'm not going to lose money sending it to you (I'm just not that nice!)

If you're in the Charlotte NC, Rock Hill SC area (or perhaps even GA) we can find a way to make it work without shipping.
    Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
    Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
    Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB
  • Options
    StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    I hope that someone enjoys it as much as I have.

Life Smiles Back
    More than 200 Classic Photos from the Famous Back Page of America's Favorite Magazine by Phillip B. Kunhardt, Jr.
    Copyright 1987

ISBN 0-67164399-1

Some awesome photos in this hardcover book. Nice collectors item.

Asking for book rate shipping in return via Paypal

Life Smiles Back has been spoken for.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    Hey guys, I could use a 58mm circ. polarizer. Any is fine. I just dropped and broke mine and it pretty much took a crapper rolleyes1.gif. Rarely use my 58mm lenses, if I can find a cheap fix I would really appreciate it.

PM me!! Thanks
  • Options
    di-quesodi-queso Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    Skylight (1a) ???
    mr peas wrote:
    Hey guys, I could use a 58mm circ. polarizer. Any is fine. I just dropped and broke mine and it pretty much took a crapper rolleyes1.gif. Rarely use my 58mm lenses, if I can find a cheap fix I would really appreciate it.

PM me!! Thanks

PM Sent
    New toys: Mamiya 645 Pro Tl with 80mm,55mm,150mm,120,220,and Polaroid backs:wink
    Nikon D100 with MB-D100,Nikon D70S,Nikon N90S with grip,Sigma 18-200 DC, Sigma 20mm,Nikon AF 70-300,Nikon 17-55 AF-S, Nikon, 500mm Reflex, and about 15 other old school Nikon lenses inherited from my dad...
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2007
    rgbivens wrote:
    PM Sent.

-Grant

HP Deskjet sent to Grant!
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    Tripods
    These are now gone.
    O.k. - new toys are arriving. I no longer need the following, and they are not so great that I need to sell them.

So, *free* to a good home are:

1. SLIK 212AF aluminum 3-section semi-heavy duty tripod with geared center column and a SLIK single action panhead. Feet are rubber knobs that are threaded onto pointed ends so that you can use either the rubber or (by simply turning the rubber ends) the pointed ends. The panhead is a pistol-grip ballhead with a bubble level. Well-used, but still in good condition. This ballhead tends to slip when mounted to heavy camera/lens combinations and when positioned at a larger angle. I noticed this when using my 20D with the battery grip combined with my 28-300 lens. Otherwise it is a solid mount.

2. Velbon Victory 450 light-duty 3-section tripod with geared central column and a lever locking camera mount. This tripod was rarely used and is in excellent condition.

I will accept paypal just to cover all shipping costs that will be determined once you are interested.
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2007
    So, *free* to a good home are:

1. SLIK 212AF aluminum 3-section semi-heavy duty tripod with geared center column and a SLIK single action panhead. Feet are rubber knobs that are threaded onto pointed ends so that you can use either the rubber or (by simply turning the rubber ends) the pointed ends. The panhead is a pistol-grip ballhead with a bubble level. Well-used, but still in good condition. This ballhead tends to slip when mounted to heavy camera/lens combinations and when positioned at a larger angle. I noticed this when using my 20D with the battery grip combined with my 28-300 lens. Otherwise it is a solid mount.

2. Velbon Victory 450 light-duty 3-section tripod with geared central column and a lever locking camera mount. This tripod was rarely used and is in excellent condition.
    PM Sent!
  • Options
    rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    *EDIT* - Items have been claimed.

So I would have put some stuff up sooner but I've been crazy busy. I got the printer from Pupator so here is some stuff for the next person...

I've got:

(8) Bulk film canisters that are in great shape.
    I used them several years ago for a B&W Photographer class and haven't used them since.
    (1) "Film Picker 4"
    A nifty doo-dad that you can use to retrieve the end of the film from inside the canister (Photo labs use them to process film)
    (1) Olympus OM2000 Film Camera with a Hanimex 28mm f/2.8 lens
    Somebody gave me this camera and I have never used it. It's a little beat up but it appears to function properly. The shutter speeds seem to be timed right and the electronic metering seems to work properly. The timer lever apprears to be non-functioning but I may not know how to work it...
    So if somebody wants any or all of this let me know and it's yours.

-Grant
    Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
    Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
    Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    These are now gone.

Got them today and they're awesome! Thanks!!!

-Paul
  • Options
    HarleyPugsHarleyPugs Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2007
    Tripod...
    I have a tripod that I picked up from Radio Shack.

I will give to anyone that needs one, and pays shipping from 30152.

Thanks,

Jon
  • Options
    XSP/TonypXSP/Tonyp Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    I live in Monroe, NC and work in Indian Land, SC.
    If the printer is still available?
    I'd take it!
    Thanks,
    Tony P
  • Options
    TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    I could use a rear Canon lens cap. Lost one on the Montana trip. I have lots of cables (power, Ethernet, USB, etc.) and can spare a few if anyone is in need.
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen
  • Options
    BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2007
    Terrence wrote:
    I could use a rear Canon lens cap. Lost one on the Montana trip. I have lots of cables (power, Ethernet, USB, etc.) and can spare a few if anyone is in need.

:) you lost the same thing I did! Where did you lose yours?
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2007
    I've got more Epson 4x6 premium glossy Photo paper than I'll ever need. If you want some let me know - I'll send it to you for $2 to cover the shipping!
  • Options
    ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Pupator wrote:
    I've got more Epson 4x6 premium glossy Photo paper than I'll ever need. If you want some let me know - I'll send it to you for $2 to cover the shipping!

email sent
  • Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    Canon CB-5L Battery Charger
    SOLD! ... er~ SHIPPED! :)

My friend got his 10D stolen :cry and bought a Rebel XTi which uses a different charger. He gave be his CB-5L battery charger for the 10D. It works for my 20D battery too, but I already have two. I'll ship this to anyone that wants it. I've got PayPal and I can let you know what shipping was, if you don't mind paying for that.
    PM me!
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2007
    I've still got lots of Epson paper if anyone wants it, but now I've also got a 43-55mm step-up ring that came with a wide-angle lens I just bought.

I'll ship it to ya if you ask!
  • Options
    RedhedRedhed Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    Donations are lovely :)
    Hi all,

I am an assistant photo editor at the Daily Tar Heel, a student paper at the University of North Carolina. Our photographers seem to love abusing our small stock of equipment, and we are now missing many lens caps, body caps, and end caps. If anyone has some extra caps lying around (or anything else for that matter) and would like to support student photojournalism, then we would love the donations. PM me if you have anything you're not using!

Thanks!
  • Options
    Ronald S. Jr.Ronald S. Jr. Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Redhed wrote:
    Hi all,

I am an assistant photo editor at the Daily Tar Heel, a student paper at the University of North Carolina. Our photographers seem to love abusing our small stock of equipment, and we are now missing many lens caps, body caps, and end caps. If anyone has some extra caps lying around (or anything else for that matter) and would like to support student photojournalism, then we would love the donations. PM me if you have anything you're not using!

Thanks!

What kind? Canon? Noink?
    30D, 20D, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100 2.8 macro, 580EX II, 580EX, 550EX, Custom Brackets
  • Options
    RedhedRedhed Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    What kind? Canon? Noink?

Sorry! Forgot to include that.

All of our equipment is Canon. Some photographers use their own Nikon stuff though, so anything is helpful.
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    F-Pro 1x 010 77mm B+W UV-HAZE
    This filter is in perfect condition.

1 - F-Pro 1x 010 77mm B+W UV-HAZE filter (note this is not a MRC filter)

I am so impressed with DGrin generosity right now

maybe someone needs this filter?

Free mail shipping to the first person to post an interest in it.

Thanks
    Sean
  • Options
    doemadoema Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    pay it forward
    I'll take the filter if it is still avail. Dunno if shipping to the states is something you would be willing to do.

Let me know, thanks.

I have a RC-5 remote that will work with a Canon XTI (and some of Cannon's point and shoot cameras) that I can send you.

Let me know, thanks!

doema

sherstone wrote:
    This filter is in perfect condition.

1 - F-Pro 1x 010 77mm B+W UV-HAZE filter (note this is not a MRC filter)

I am so impressed with DGrin generosity right now

maybe someone needs this filter?

Free mail shipping to the first person to post an interest in it.

Thanks
    Sean