Options

SmugMug Feature Requests #2

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2007
    ilya1725 wrote:
    What if i don't remember or don't know the name of the place, or the search cannot find it?

Type in an address, or place, in the search box after you hit "edit geogrpaphy" in photo tools. You'll get much closer :)
  • Options
    seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2007
    Request: Move "Crop Photo" away from "Zoom Thumbnail"
    Sooooo, while I understand you can't make everything idiot-proof, here's a small suggestion ...

Under "Photo Tools" drop down menu, move the "crop photo" item at least one spot away from the "zoom thumbnail" item. This is important because they look very similar in the way they work and, most importantly, crop photo is irreversible.

In other words, if you miss by one item and choose crop photo instead of zoom thumbnail it's easy to permanently crop the image instead of just resizing the thumbnail. Ooops .... sigh.

:(:
  • Options
    suchitsuchit Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    BULK Edit of Geo info
    jbr13 wrote:
    Quite a few make folders for seperate events or shots, would it be possible to edit the geography for an entire folder. Thanks

Jason

Glad you brought this up. I have been asking for this feature for now over a year and heard nothing on it. :cry

Just feels like I am beating the dead horse time and again. :deadhorse
    Maybe a more definative response would help.

See:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=327759&highlight=suchit+gps#post327759

I have been waiting for a simple feature now for over a year (from June 2006)!

Why can't we have a BULK EDIT on LOCATION INFORMATION?

Considering a lot of images are already uploaded to the system over years by users (before GPS facility was added to SmugMug) one can't re-upload them, so there has to be a way to select the images and tag them with a Lat/Lon feature. If one can do it per image I can't see it as being too difficult to do with a group of selected images.

Another option would be to mark a Gallery with a Lat/Lon and then one could go and undo this info selectively for images that were not shot at that place. So in my case (example I gave above) while I shot say a 100 odd images inside the hotel there were just a few outside, so I'm happy if we could put the Lat/Lon across the Gallery and then I can just go to the few images not taken in the hotel and give the right Lat/Lon for those images. Much better than going through 100 images marking their Lat/Lon considering that they are already online on SmugMug.

Also the interface needs improvement. See http://www.panoramio.com/user/419425 to see how simple an interface can be - I particularly like how they locate the image on the map and have a drag and drop as well as inform areas which are close to the location. Some nice touches.

Cheers,

~ Suchit Nanda; "Transforming light into expressions of emotions"
    http://photos.suchit.in/ http://suchitnanda.org/
    ~ Suchit Nanda
    Transforming light into expressions of emotions.
  • Options
    suchitsuchit Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    SPK64 wrote:
    The proof delay is a great feature to make sure that customers get the best prints.

Here is the problem when I want to purchase my prints from my own site. I have to either go into each gallery and turn proof delay off while I place my order. Or send a request to the help desk to release the order.

We really need a better way to address this.
    Some possible options.
    1. Omit proof delay any time prints are ordered while logged in.
    2. Access to you're own orders to release to ship

How about use the COPY feature to a folder and on that folder enable print immediately. Once printed, delete the images from that folder.

Cheers,

~ Suchit Nanda; "Transforming light into expressions of emotions"

~ Suchit Nanda
    Transforming light into expressions of emotions.
  • Options
    ilya1725ilya1725 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 3, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Type in an address, or place, in the search box after you hit "edit geogrpaphy" in photo tools. You'll get much closer :)

Hi Andy:

Your method works, sometimes.
    Anyway, I think that there already been quite a discussion of improvements to mapping feature. I hope you guys are working on it.

On a bit different topic:
    If I have a category with some number of galleries in it. The category is shown on the front page and the image representing the category is changing (one in some time), which is great. The photo is paken from the images in the category. However, why is that the images that show up on the front page to represent a particular category are only taken from the gallery which was the most recently added? Shouldn't they be taken from all the photos in the category?
    Thank you,
    -Ilya.
  • Options
    chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Search engine friendly gallery
    I did a search and it came up with non-relavant results. So i'll just assume this hasn't been asked:

Is there a way to have smugmug make friendlier url titles instead of me making many other subdomains or redirects?

Like what wordpress does to its urls by changing the header titles to friendly hyphenated urls via mod-rewrite?

i.e.

http://holymoleephoto.smugmug.com/gallery/3249649 ->
    http://holymoleephoto.smugmug.com/gallery/ehrens-portfolio/

I applaud smugmug for being somewhat search engine friendly already because it gets indexed easily with its < title > tag being more descriptive.
    ---
    Chris
    Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D
  • Options
    papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Sorry Andy...the Devil made me say it!
    Real-world situation:

My grandson's 1st birthday is approaching. My "collection" of photos uploaded to SmugMug consists of about 300 photos...some good, some not-so-good, some really good (if I do say-so myself)...but all precious to me.

I'd like to put a little DVD/slide-show together to take to his birthday party...perhaps 60 or so (out of 300) of the very best photos...maybe drop in a music track or two, etc...you know, the "normal" stuff regular folks all over the world are doing these days in the comfort of their den, on their own PC's, and producing some memorable family treasures in the process.

I have the "originals" on my PC, of course, but they're not keyworded there, so finding them is a challenge.

I religiously keyword my photos using SmugMug's really cool bulk keyword editor (that's how I know I have almost 300 pictures of the little guy out of the 3500 or so pictures I've uploaded since subscribing to SmugMug a year and a half ago). Even though those 300 photos are spread across at least a dozen different galleries, a keyword search can find them easily and efficiently.

And since I have the ability to also keyword the best photos as "favorites", I can search for multiple keyword combinations within my own site, and find it pretty easy (and very cool) to be able to run a search that pulls up the 60 or so favorite photos of my grandson....IN SECONDS!!

Alas, that's about as far as the "coolness" gets me at this point....just a fabulous collection of 60 thumbnails to look at! But it stops there:
    • I can't make a "virtual" (let alone a "real) new gallery out of them.
    • I can't "check all", "uncheck" some to refine the collection to make it the "TOP 50 (instead of the top 60)--Best of Grandson" collection.
    • I can't use the TOP 50 -Best of Grandson collection to:
      • Order a set of prints directly from SmugMug via the shopping cart
      • Download original-file-size copies back to my desktop as a group, where I can then create/edit my own DVD/Slide-show using my own PC-based software (maybe Album Fetcher can download them??).
      • Order a CD or DVD from SmugMug with just those photos on it and send it to my Aunt who owns a TV and DVD player, but does not own a computer.
      • Order a photo book (or SEVERAL good quality photo books) directly from SmugMug to proudly display on my coffee table, or to send to my Dad who's too frail to travel to see his great grandson.
    I can't...but I wish I could!

To be fair, I'm also very confident that I will be able to some day (I just wish it was TODAY), because I know the folks at SmugMug "listen" to their customers, read these posts with interest, and work tirelessly to continually improve the appeal, functionality, and customer experience associated with what is probably the best-overall "photo-sharing" site in the market.
  • Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    papajay wrote:
    Alas, that's about as far as the "coolness" gets me at this point....just a fabulous collection of 60 thumbnails to look at! But it stops there:

Assuming that you're a Power User, here are some of the ways in which you can do this:
    papajay wrote:
    • I can't make a "virtual" (let alone a "real) new gallery out of them.
    Try using a gallery redirect to the keyword search. You could even use the URL trick to force it to slideshow mode (though you would then need to use the same trick to force smugmug mode afterward)
    papajay wrote:
    • I can't "check all", "uncheck" some to refine the collection to make it the "TOP 50 (instead of the top 60)--Best of Grandson" collection.
    You are using keywords to represent the tagging process. When you are viewing the keyword search, it is possible add/remove keywords to the photos that you are interested in tagging/un-tagging.
    papajay wrote:
    I can't use the TOP 50 -Best of Grandson collection to:
    Try selecting "Print multiple photos" from the keyword search
    papajay wrote:
    • Download original-file-size copies back to my desktop as a group, where I can then create/edit my own DVD/Slide-show using my own PC-based software (maybe Album Fetcher can download them??).
    The best way to do this is to go to the keyword search page, and select the "All thumbs" mode. Save this html page to your hard drive (using web-page/html-only mode - this means that the html file on your hard drive will link to image files on your smugmug site, rather than saving them locally). Then edit the html page, using search/replace to change the "-Ti" links to "-O" links. Then load the page, which should access all of your originals. Finally save this html page to your hard drive (using web-page/complete mode - this means that all images are saved on your hard drive), and you will find your photos in a local sub-directory.
    • Order a CD or DVD from SmugMug with just those photos on it and send it to my Aunt who owns a TV and DVD player, but does not own a computer.
    • Order a photo book (or SEVERAL good quality photo books) directly from SmugMug to proudly display on my coffee table, or to send to my Dad who's too frail to travel to see his great grandson.
    Agreed, but you can do this, once your have downloaded the images to your hard drive (see above).

It's a bit of work, but you'll see that most of the workflows are currently possible.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2007
    papajay wrote:
    I can't make a "virtual" (let alone a "real) new gallery out of them.
    I can't " Order a set of prints directly from SmugMug via the shopping cart
    Sure you can - "buy multipe photos" and you can surely buy the keyword gallery photo :)
    Can't Order a CD or DVD from SmugMug with just those photos on it and send it to my Aunt who owns a TV and DVD player, but does not own a computer.

Just to be clear, the CD/DVD backups from SmugMug are not "playable" on a DVD / TV setup. They are computer data disks.
  • Options
    jeremymjeremym Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 4, 2007
    Replace Photo option on API
    It'd be handy to have the replace photo option on the upload API. This would facilitate transfer from other web galleries (using existing tools) and then fill in with full images from a local copy to allow direct purchase. It would also allow uploading of lower quality copies and arrangement to bring event photos online quicker, bringing the full copies online for sales without having to either do it individually (either immediately or after orders) or waiting for the longer upload time of those images. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2007
    jeremym wrote:
    It'd be handy to have the replace photo option on the upload API. This would facilitate transfer from other web galleries (using existing tools) and then fill in with full images from a local copy to allow direct purchase. It would also allow uploading of lower quality copies and arrangement to bring event photos online quicker, bringing the full copies online for sales without having to either do it individually (either immediately or after orders) or waiting for the longer upload time of those images. Thanks.
    It's on Devbobo's list. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2007
    Keyword editing to further refine a keyword search result
    PBolchover wrote:
    Assuming that you're a Power User, here are some of the ways in which you can do this:

You are using keywords to represent the tagging process. When you are viewing the keyword search, it is possible add/remove keywords to the photos that you are interested in tagging/un-tagging.
    PBolchover wrote:

I do have a Power User account (but that doesn't make me one mwink.gif )

I "understand" this one, I think...Yes, I could edit the keywords to refine my group of 60 photos to a group of 50...BUT...since the 60 photos are spread across multiple galleries, the process would involve selecting each photo (the 10 from the group of 60 via keyword edit) individually from the search results in order to edit its keywords and end up with only 50 photos the next time I perform the search.

This would be further complicated by the fact that I force my galleries to Journal style...so selecting a photo from the keyword results page takes me to the top of the gallery page, not directly to the photo....thus more "searching" to find the photo before I can edit the keyword field. Step and repeat, step and repeat. Not a pretty process, and very labor intensive.

Am I wrong about this...might there be a faster way? Seems to me, it just highlights another vote for the site-wide bulk-(Keyword)-edit feature requests I've seen in this forum.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2007
    Gallery Redirect is Over my Head
    PBolchover wrote:

Try using a gallery redirect to the keyword search. You could even use the URL trick to force it to slideshow mode (though you would then need to use the same trick to force smugmug mode afterward)

Thanks Paul...I tried once before to learn what a gallery "redirect" is, and how to use it, but I'm afraid it's a bit over my head. Maybe it's not as difficult as I'm making it out to be, but I'm definitely intimidated to try it.
    Papajay
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2007
    Whew...sounds complicated!
    PBolchover wrote:

papajay wrote:
    Try selecting "Print multiple photos" from the keyword search

The best way to do this is to go to the keyword search page, and select the "All thumbs" mode. Save this html page to your hard drive (using web-page/html-only mode - this means that the html file on your hard drive will link to image files on your smugmug site, rather than saving them locally). Then edit the html page, using search/replace to change the "-Ti" links to "-O" links. Then load the page, which should access all of your originals. Finally save this html page to your hard drive (using web-page/complete mode - this means that all images are saved on your hard drive), and you will find your photos in a local sub-directory.

Agreed, but you can do this, once your have downloaded the images to your hard drive (see above).

It's a bit of work, but you'll see that most of the workflows are currently possible.

Paul...now you're just trying to make my brain cramp! mwink.gif Maybe this is easy as pie, but it scares the heck out of me. Once again, I do appreciate you taking the time to propose a work around that might solve my dilemma, but I'm just not sure I'm adventurous enough to try.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2007
    papajay wrote:
    Paul...now you're just trying to make my brain cramp! mwink.gif Maybe this is easy as pie, but it scares the heck out of me. Once again, I do appreciate you taking the time to propose a work around that might solve my dilemma, but I'm just not sure I'm adventurous enough to try.

Papa, try it :D

http://www.moonriverphotography.com/keyword/utah

(you don't have to purchase, I'm just showing) wave.gif
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2007
    Andi's long list of requests (and yes, I know some of them are repeats!)
    • Packages
      • Yes, this has been requested by me and many others time and time again, but I'm repeating it.
      • To see an excellent implementation of it, check out how ExposureManager does this - incredible! Easy!
    • Coupons
      • Another often requested feature
      • To see an excellent implementation of it, check out how ExposureManager does this - incredible! Easy! Very flexible! Time related! (So I can have the coupon expire on a certain day - or it can't be used until a certain day!)
    • Self fulfillment
      • I would like to be able to add NEW products that Smugmug doesn't provide, I do. For example: Books, sitting fees, framing, etc, etc. I don't even mind PAYING SM for taking the money and paying me. (I hate the thought of forcing my clients to pay me through Google Checkout, Smugmug and even handing me a check!)
      • I could even select a different lab if I wanted to! (I like EZ Prints, but they don't offer many things I would like: cards, metallic prints, addtional canvas print sizes, etc) Of course, I would be responsible for getting the order to the client, but that's fine!
      • And guess what.... To see an excellent implementation of it, check out how ExposureManager does this - incredible! Easy! :D
    • Favorites for visitors
      • I would like to allow my customers (or family, on my personal site) to create a virtual gallery (or whatever you want to call it) that contains all THEIR favorites. And then THEY can share it with me or even others, if they're allowed to. It would simplify my life immensely!
    • Better video support
      • I dont' use the video support much, but it would be nice and I would probably use it a lot more. And if it could be burned to a DVD for my clients? Whoa!
    • Allow client purchase of DVD
      • Rather than ME having to burn a DVD and give it to my client (or order one from SM and give it to them), I'd LOVE an option to allow them to puchase one - and to be able to specify the resolution (matching digital downloads) that goes onto the DVD.
    • Completely cobranded communication with customers
      • I want to customize the email that you guys send out when they place an order, put something in their package from ME when they receive their order, send an email (via your interface for sharing photos) that has MY cobrand on it, etc.
      • Guess who does this? Yup! ExposureManager
    Now, I know a few people are going to say "Go go ExposureManager if they're so awesome!" And I may use them for a while. But the truth is, SM is better at handling so many other things that I won't be going to EM for good. SM support is incredible. The interface and customization is better. (IMHO.) And more....

I think that's the end of my wishlist for now... :D
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2007
    GJMPhoto wrote:
    EXACTLY!!!! It is THIS information (you circled) I'd like to see on the Prosales SUMMARY page (Prosales.mg) !!!! Without having to drill in to the page your are showing!

Oh, and I wanted to reiterate this. I would LOVE to see on the SUMMARY page a bigger summary of each order - if it's shipped, etc. That would make my life easier! I hate having to click into an order just to see that it's shipped and I don't need to be there.
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2007
    Andi's long list of requests

PACKAGES - sure it LOOKS easy. But if it were that easy for us to do it, we'd have done it long ago. There are programming things to work out. We want 'em. But iti's not "easy."

COUPONS - we've seen 'em on other sites - thanks. Also on the list of things to do but see above :)

SELF FULFILLIMENT - troubled waters here. See the SmugMug Guarantee.

FAVORITES FOR VISITORS - yeah I'd like a good way for customers to do this.

VIDEO - See the other thread on this topic. We know that our video support isn't the best right now.

PURCHASE CD/DVD - sure it'd be nice. We'll see if it can be done - no promises on delivery date though - but I'd love to see this happen :)

CUSTOMIZE EMAILS - thanks for the feature reqeust!
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    PACKAGES - sure it LOOKS easy. But if it were that easy for us to do it, we'd have done it long ago. There are programming things to work out. We want 'em. But iti's not "easy."

COUPONS - we've seen 'em on other sites - thanks. Also on the list of things to do but see above :)

SELF FULFILLIMENT - troubled waters here. See the SmugMug Guarantee.

FAVORITES FOR VISITORS - yeah I'd like a good way for customers to do this.

VIDEO - See the other thread on this topic. We know that our video support isn't the best right now.

PURCHASE CD/DVD - sure it'd be nice. We'll see if it can be done - no promises on delivery date though - but I'd love to see this happen :)

CUSTOMIZE EMAILS - thanks for the feature reqeust!

Thanks... You mean you can't get all my requests done immediately?!? rolleyes1.gif

Seriously, though, that's why they're wishlist items.. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Sure you can - "buy multipe photos" and you can surely buy the keyword gallery photo :)

As it turns out...yes, true...but the path to get there was not a "straight line"...there was a bump or two in the road.

I used the Search Box to enter a couple of keywords and run my search, which correctly found the thumbnails of the photos (about 60) I was interested in. But the "buy multiple photos" is not present in that mode, thus my earlier comment.

And the "problem" (initially) with trying to use the keyword page itself to find my photos is you can only select ONE keyword to search on (a multi-keyword search in a single step is not allowed)...and since I forced all my galleries to Journal style, I was unable to access the "related keyword" functionality to refine my search....until now (by reseting ONE gallery to SmugMug style which, in turn, allowed me to access the related keyword functionality).

My point is...I "got there"...but getting there was by a somewhat convoluted (and not intuitively obvious) path.

Sooo, I was (finally) able to order a set of prints from my "keyword" gallery page using the "Buy Multiple" link (thank you Andy, for the help).

The next bit of frustration has to do with the fact that I "adjusted" the cropping on a large number of them because I was buying 4x6 prints...I want to EXACTLY duplicate the entire order and send a set to my son, and another set to my father. Is there no way to do that without starting all over?...(re-create the same keyword gallery, buy multiple (order #2), adjust/crop half the same photos I already adjusted/cropped for address 1, but ship to address 2....then re-create the keyword gallery again, buy multiple (order #3), adjust/crop half the same photos a third time, ship to address 3...etc.)

Hopefully, the current round of shopping cart improvements will allow for duplicating an existing order...or, better yet, duplicating and then modifying (add a few new photos, delete some others) an existing (or recent) order.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2007
    Another wishlist item

Replace more than one photo at a time...

When I have an order that includes 40 photos, going through and replacing them one at a time is a complete pain. But if I were able to see the replace photo upload box on all the photos at the same time, i could do them all at once, walk away and just let it go. As it is, I have to sit at my computer for an hour or more doing this. *yawn*

Thanks! :D
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    Download originals and buy prints when logged in
    I would like to be able to download my original sized images and/or purchase photos in galleries that have these options disabled when I am signed in to the account. I would rather not go in to the customization area, remove these protections and then try to buy a print of my own. Can this be modified so that if logged in, these features are enabled?
    Thanks,
    E
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2007
    Make "related keywords" more visible.
    I think I understand why only 5 "related keywords" are shown, even though there may be several other keywords associated with a particular image...showing all of them at once would clutter the display. The keyword database absolutely "knows" the identity of all related keywords, but the display only picks 5, and won't let a user see any of the other ones.

My request/suggestion is this...if there are more than five keywords associated with a given keyword selection, provide additional mouse-click access to all of the additional keywords in groups of 5 by adding a "[...next 5]" button, so it would look something like this:

Nickname> keywords > kw1 kw2 kw3
    related keywords: kw4 kw5 kw6 kw7 kw8 [...next 5]
    combine with: +kw4 +kw5 +kw6 +kw7 +kw8
    remove keywords: -kw1 -kw2 -kw3

If there were actually 23 keywords "related" to the kw1 kw2 and kw3 keywords, mouse-clicking the [...next 5] once would get the next group of 5 related words (kw9 kw10 kw11 kw12 kw13), and both the "related keywords" and "combine with" display lines would be updated to show them.

Similarly, a second mouse-click on the [...next 5] button would get the next group of 5 (kw14, kw15, kw16, kw17, kw18), and so-on until all related keywords have been cycled through.

Adding a "[...previous 5]" button also would, I think, make the functionality "total":

related keywords: kw8 kw9 kw10 kw11 kw12 [...next 5] [...previous 5]
  • Options
    GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Ability to Download Address Book
    Referring to:
    Andy wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PawPaw Bear
    When viewing an order and you click on the customer's name it states it has been added to the address book. Where do they go and how do we access them?

Thx
    PPBheadscratch.gif

They are in your address book for email sharing (see the share button, in your galleries, and also this help page:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/photo-community

You can't "access" them. But if you simply click on that name in your prosales page, it will launch your email app, and the email address is there :)

Could we get the ability to download the address book into an accessable format...CSV? We would then be able to append our smugmug customers to things like Quickbooks customer lists, or make them available for bulk mailings, labels, brochures, etc.

- Gary.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2007
    GJMPhoto wrote:
    Referring to:
    [/SIZE][/B]

Could we get the ability to download the address book into an accessable format...CSV?

- Gary.
    Hi, it's been asked... thanks. At this point, you can keep your own email addresses in your own email app.

Thanks!
  • Options
    GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, it's been asked... thanks. At this point, you can keep your own email addresses in your own email app.

Thanks!
    Sorry for being redundant...I swear, I searched for email address and looked at MANY posts...
    ... If only there was a single place to go to find all asked features and their dispositions... (I'm laughing, I swear...and I hope you are too).

- Gary.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2007
    GJMPhoto wrote:
    Sorry for being redundant...I swear, I searched for email address and looked at MANY posts...
    ... If only there were a single place to go to find all asked features and their dispositions... (I'm laughing, I swear...and I hope you are too).

- Gary.
    lol3.gif

But there is a place - right here :) We never mind at all if you or anyone asks something that's already been asked.... not at all. Ask away :)
  • Options
    dwterrydwterry Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    WOW, awesome list! I'd love to see almost every one of those as well. Thanks for posting.

Andi's long list of requests (and yes, I know some of them are repeats!)
    • Packages
      • Yes, this has been requested by me and many others time and time again, but I'm repeating it.
      • To see an excellent implementation of it, check out how ExposureManager does this - incredible! Easy!
    • Coupons
      • Another often requested feature
      • To see an excellent implementation of it, check out how ExposureManager does this - incredible! Easy! Very flexible! Time related! (So I can have the coupon expire on a certain day - or it can't be used until a certain day!)
    • Self fulfillment
      • I would like to be able to add NEW products that Smugmug doesn't provide, I do. For example: Books, sitting fees, framing, etc, etc. I don't even mind PAYING SM for taking the money and paying me. (I hate the thought of forcing my clients to pay me through Google Checkout, Smugmug and even handing me a check!)
      • I could even select a different lab if I wanted to! (I like EZ Prints, but they don't offer many things I would like: cards, metallic prints, addtional canvas print sizes, etc) Of course, I would be responsible for getting the order to the client, but that's fine!
      • And guess what.... To see an excellent implementation of it, check out how ExposureManager does this - incredible! Easy! :D
    • Favorites for visitors
      • I would like to allow my customers (or family, on my personal site) to create a virtual gallery (or whatever you want to call it) that contains all THEIR favorites. And then THEY can share it with me or even others, if they're allowed to. It would simplify my life immensely!
    • Better video support
      • I dont' use the video support much, but it would be nice and I would probably use it a lot more. And if it could be burned to a DVD for my clients? Whoa!
    • Allow client purchase of DVD
      • Rather than ME having to burn a DVD and give it to my client (or order one from SM and give it to them), I'd LOVE an option to allow them to puchase one - and to be able to specify the resolution (matching digital downloads) that goes onto the DVD.
    • Completely cobranded communication with customers
      • I want to customize the email that you guys send out when they place an order, put something in their package from ME when they receive their order, send an email (via your interface for sharing photos) that has MY cobrand on it, etc.
      • Guess who does this? Yup! ExposureManager
    Now, I know a few people are going to say "Go go ExposureManager if they're so awesome!" And I may use them for a while. But the truth is, SM is better at handling so many other things that I won't be going to EM for good. SM support is incredible. The interface and customization is better. (IMHO.) And more....

I think that's the end of my wishlist for now... :D
  • Options
    hydehyde Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 10, 2007
    Bulk Downloads by Visitors
    I'd like a way to allow a visitor to select multiple photos and download them all at once in some sort of bulk download.

This could conceivably be achieved by $0 digital downloads, where one would utilize the existing cart system, but hopefully this wouldn't be limited to PRO users.

I don't sell photos, but I would like the ability to send galleries to my friends and family, and have them be able to conveniently download sets of photos. Saving them one by one can get tedious very quickly. Ideally, a visitor could visit my site, select a bunch of photos from different galleries or select entire galleries, adding them to a cart like system. Then they could pick a resolution and download them all in bulk.
  • Options
    rla1022rla1022 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    hyde wrote:
    I'd like a way to allow a visitor to select multiple photos and download them all at once in some sort of bulk download.

This could conceivably be achieved by $0 digital downloads, where one would utilize the existing cart system, but hopefully this wouldn't be limited to PRO users.

I don't sell photos, but I would like the ability to send galleries to my friends and family, and have them be able to conveniently download sets of photos. Saving them one by one can get tedious very quickly. Ideally, a visitor could visit my site, select a bunch of photos from different galleries or select entire galleries, adding them to a cart like system. Then they could pick a resolution and download them all in bulk.
    I want the same thing
This discussion has been closed.