Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    GoodEye wrote:

I used the advantage of an 8-up layout to have the same card with different backgrounds...

chris

I really like all the images, and I think the text is clean simple. I don't think the text orientation works for the 5 horizontal images.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    DavidKlDavidKl Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    bham wrote:
    I really like all the images, and I think the text is clean simple. I don't think the text orientation works for the 5 horizontal images.
    Thanks. Figured it out in PS.
  • Options
    rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    My event card...
    Here's a card that I had printed up for distributing at events where I happen to be shooting. Pretty simple & straightforward: get to the website and you'll find pictures of this event there! Got a ton of them for basically nothing when VistaPrint was running a good sale.

132824735-S.jpg

I specifically wanted something that didn't have a ph. number on it in this case, since I give them out to lots of random folks & I don't have a dedicated business line at this point. Note that the actual cards have about half as much gutter around the edges as this image does; this is a direct export of the template they give you to work from (which has edge guides).
  • Options
    tcphototcphoto Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 3, 2007
    My Promo Piece
    A leave behind that supplements my postcard mailing.
  • Options
    Crystal Clear PhotographyCrystal Clear Photography Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    tcphoto wrote:
    A leave behind that supplements my postcard mailing.

tcphoto - I like this design! nice, simple and elegant..but the drop shadow is a bit distracting..especially on the small print on the bottom...I can’t read it. It looks ok with the name and phone number though :)
    :rofl
    ~Crystal
    www.crystalclearphotos.com
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by what takes our breath away"
  • Options
    tcphototcphoto Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 3, 2007
    tcphoto - I like this design! nice, simple and elegant..but the drop shadow is a bit distracting..especially on the small print on the bottom...I can’t read it. It looks ok with the name and phone number though :)

Yes, it doesn't really look clear at 82dpi. I'll take a look at it and make an adjustment.
  • Options
    JohnnyJrJohnnyJr Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    Finally got the new cards. Overnightprints rocks — thanks to all in this thread for the recommendation!

Front:

134992730-M.jpg

back:

134992938-M.jpg
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Jake: Hit it.

http://www.sissonphotography.com
    www.flickr.com/photos/sissonphotography
    http://sissonphotography.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pesto126pesto126 Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    Here is my most recent version. better than the first?
    I like the idea of using one photo for a background but can't seem to pick just one (i do weddings and babies mainly...should i do a few different cards?)
    the blue diamond background matched my website
    still not sure about the "life and love...through a lens"....?
    open for input...good and bad :)

I like it too... you probably already caught this.. but though should be through. :)
    Me => prouncer.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Crystal Clear PhotographyCrystal Clear Photography Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    pesto126 wrote:
    I like it too... you probably already caught this.. but though should be through. :)

thanx! ya, i tend to type too fast for my own good...i have since changed it to "seeing life through the lens" my website is all done too, to match! :)
    ~Crystal
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by what takes our breath away"
  • Options
    bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    :D Here is a card that I've used for a couple of years.

136163287-M.jpg

Back

136163006-M.jpg

And a promotional card

136163008-M.jpg

headscratch.gif BS
  • Options
    HeatherMCHeatherMC Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    What a great thread! would love some opinions on mine.

Okay, my name is on here 4 different times!! Is there anything piece of info I can do without?
    and what is the general consenus on using www or not?

139947443-M-1.jpg

back...
    141204172-M-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    HeatherMC wrote:
    What a great thread! would love some opinions on mine.

Okay, my name is on here 4 different times!! Is there anything piece of info I can do without?
    and what is the general consenus on using www or not?

139947443-M-1.jpg

back...
    141204172-M-2.jpg
    Heather,

I love the back! :)
    I would recomend you take of your name (above your number)...it's already in your photography name so people will know who they are calling already.
    also, putting www. before your web address will look cleaner and less confusing. If you have your email address in your web footer or a contact page on your website...you may not even need your email on your card...it will bring more viewers to your site to see your work before they contact you (just make contacting you via email easy to find on your site)

just a thought. great work! :)
    ~Crystal
  • Options
    HindsightHindsight Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    newhindsightBcard.jpg

This is an older version of my card, the only I have access to at the moment. (I'm away on someone elses rig) GRR. I just discovered my website doesn't have a menu in MSIE 6.x. Time to make some changes I guess, namely an alternate simple text nav bar on the bottom.
    My Gear: Nikon D300, D200, D100, 80-200 f2.8, DVX100B
    regular site
    oo
    smug site
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 7, 2007
    HeatherMC wrote:

141204172-M-2.jpg

I love the back also; so much so I would make it the front, adding only your URL (no "www")

grammar edit: "moments like this should last..."

or; "moments like this captured..."

font edit: I think you need a lighter, sans serif font to coordinate better with that which you used for "forever"
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    I love the back also; so much so I would make it the front, adding only your URL (no "www")

grammar edit: "moments like this should last..."

or; "moments like this captured..."

font edit: I think you need a lighter, sans serif font to coordinate better with that which you used for "forever"

I think I may actually like this idea. I changed to your suggestions.. what do you think?

I kept the font I had only because it's the font I use for everything else but I did change it to light so it's not as harsh.

To me the card feels a bit naked but I guess less is better.
    141827470-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2007
    Heather,

I love the back! :)
    I would recomend you take of your name (above your number)...it's already in your photography name so people will know who they are calling already.
    also, putting www. before your web address will look cleaner and less confusing. If you have your email address in your web footer or a contact page on your website...you may not even need your email on your card...it will bring more viewers to your site to see your work before they contact you (just make contacting you via email easy to find on your site)

just a thought. great work! :)

I tried it your way also.

141829141-M.jpg

I thinking I like it like this and then doing the picture on the back.....
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    :D Here is a card that I've used for a couple of years.

Back

And a promotional card

headscratch.gif BS
    very nice...thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2007
    or the photo as the front with my logo?
    141833960-M.jpg

I"m sorry, I'm so indecisive it's annoying.

or....

141838147-M.jpg

Are there polls somewhere on this forum??
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2007
    HeatherMC wrote:
    141827470-M.jpg

I really like that.

If anyone handed me a card like that I would be compelled to check out the website. And if contact information is at the site why put it on the card also? Take a note from Andy's successful way of writing a telephone number on the card when necessary. It gives you an additional moment of face time with a potential client and maybe a handshake as well. Learn to close the sale, not paper the walls.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    I really like that.

If anyone handed me a card like that I would be compelled to check out the website. And if contact information is at the site why put it on the card also? Take a note from Andy's successful way of writing a telephone number on the card when necessary. It gives you an additional moment of face time with a potential client and maybe a handshake as well. Learn to close the sale, not paper the walls.

Good luck.

your brilliant! thank you for your reply and of course your advice!
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2007
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    why yes, I am!

lol3.gif

rolleyes1.gif now, would you order these cards in glossy or in matte??:D
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Heather,

I like your logo, and the white front. It definitely does not need so much information, as Angelo noted. I also like the back with just the positioning statement, no hard data. The front, with your logo, your URL, the back with the pic and the tagline, and I think you're all set. Maybe include the phone number, if you want to cater to the old school folks out there. But there's lots of style to the card. Just stay out of the way, and let the style come through.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Here is my most recent version. better than the first?
    I like the idea of using one photo for a background but can't seem to pick just one (i do weddings and babies mainly...should i do a few different cards?)
    the blue diamond background matched my website
    still not sure about the "life and love...through a lens"....?
    open for input...good and bad :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=17554&stc=1&d=1172083014
    Maybe I'm wrong but did you ever change it so it really says "ThRough" a lens and not "though' a lens"

Any other thoughts on "Life & love...through a lens" slogan?
    My husband and I are getting tripped up on the wording...the words are what I want to say, I just dont know if I'm saying it right.....

I'll actually pm this since it's been a while...
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2007
    evoryware wrote:
    Maybe I'm wrong but did you ever change it so it really says "ThRough" a lens and not "though' a lens"

I'll actually pm this since it's been a while...

yes it is now this :)

Front:
    ~Crystal
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2007
    Back:
    ~Crystal
  • Options
    Ken LappKen Lapp Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    This is my latest card. Just the minimal info on the front. I add my phone number on the back when appropriate. What do you think - too minimal?

142035777-M.jpg
    Ken Lapp, White Hawk Images
    Portrait, Wedding & Event Photography

• Options
    edited April 8, 2007
    Ken Lapp wrote:
    This is my latest card. Just the minimal info on the front. I add my phone number on the back when appropriate. What do you think - too minimal?

142035777-M.jpg

isn't your name and the URL enough?

very nice thumb.gif

(um, lose the www)
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Ken Lapp wrote:
    The two lines of the title are centred as a group but then justified left, your name is justified right, and the URL is centred.

This can be very distracting so I suggest all text should be centred. The image also lends itself to this treatment for the wording, being bordered on both sides by the trees, thereby drawing the eye towards the centre.

You could also consider moving your name down much closer to the URL as it obstructs the image at present. This would let your very good image speak for you more effectively.
  • Options
    Ken LappKen Lapp Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    W.W.
    Thanks for the advice, I'll try your suggestions.
    -Ken
    Ken Lapp, White Hawk Images
    Portrait, Wedding & Event Photography