Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    LexPhotoLexPhoto Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    This thread hasnt got much attention lately, but I thought I would throw mine in here for any ideas....Thanks!! :D
    LEX....
    as in Al-ex :wink

www.alexaphotos.com
    "Capturing Life...One Moment at a Time"
  • Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    LexPhoto wrote:
    This thread hasnt got much attention lately, but I thought I would throw mine in here for any ideas....Thanks!! :D

methinks that the typeface size of the contact info and services is a bit small and may be hard to read at actual print size. i wonder if increasing the opacity of the rings would add or detract from the overall look of the card?
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • Options
    JuliaJulia Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    Loving all the cards in this thread... makes me wish I had an actual business to promote. :D

I'm extremely hesitant to post this in here, but I'm open to feedback. My site is mainly for family and friends who I shoot for fun, and they order prints. I don't promote myself, but so many friends and friends of friends and friends of family members ask if I have a card so they can remember my site...

I'm not interested in putting my name or phone number. Just the site. And I prefer simple over ornate.

I've done it in CMYK and the colors don't pop as much on my screen as the actual photo in RGB does, but I'm going to assume the final printed product from OvernightPrints will look better. ne_nau.gif (Unless someone can tell me if I've done something wrong? Original image is here: http://www.saltygrapes.com/photos/163114778-S-1.jpg )

Anyway, I've also followed their specific full bleed, crop, and safety marks, so while my logo looks a little off, I'm assuming it will look better as I accommodated the crop marks.

FRONT
    1039195009_1674f15521.jpg

BACK
    1039195069_94604b694e.jpg

Be gentle! But criticism is most welcome... mwink.gif

The back colors are direct from my site design, and it sort of bugs me that they don't match exactly to the blue and green in the photo. Do you think that's a flaw? My husband thinks it's fine and that I'm nitpicking. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks!!
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    Julia wrote:

love it. it's perfect in it's simplicity.
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    Julia wrote:

Brilliant - Love it!
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    largelylivinlargelylivin Registered Users Posts: 561 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    Julia, I love it. Its even better than some here so there's nothing to be ashamed of!

Did you know that there are several places like www.vistaprint.com that will print 500 business cards for free? Of course thats for one of their pre-canned designs. They charge a bit for downloading your own graphics.

Go ahead and do it. Makes you feel like a 1,000,000 bucks!
    Brad Newby

http://blue-dog.smugmug.com
    http://smile-123.smugmug.com
    http://vintage-photos.blogspot.com/

Canon 7D, 100-400L, Mongoose 3.5, hoping for a 500L real soon.
  • Options
    Diane SDiane S Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    good grief girl...awesome!! That is an eye catching design and a clever way of displaying your website address. Are you sure you weren't a graphic designer in an earlier life? clap.gif Simplicity is Queen! Makes me want to re-do mine!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.dianeschafer.com

• Options
    edited August 7, 2007
    Oh thank you com3, Simon King, Blue Dog and Diane! bowdown.gif You are all way too kind... iloveyou.gif

I feel so much better. rolleyes1.gifI can't wait to get them on order! Not ordering just yet though, in case anyone else has any comments... :D
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2007
    Julia wrote:
    Oh thank you com3, Simon King, Blue Dog and Diane! bowdown.gif You are all way too kind... iloveyou.gif

I feel so much better. rolleyes1.gifI can't wait to get them on order! Not ordering just yet though, in case anyone else has any comments... :D

Those cpolors are just great so.. the only thing i would be careful about is making sure woever prints them gets the colours spot on.

FWIW I had some done with Vista print and the colours were off (too light or too dark .. from my own uploaded design ( for Xmas cards) but they redid them no probs
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2007
    Thanks Simon!!

Yes, I am quite concerned about the color representation, but I guess I'll just have to order them and see... hit or miss. ne_nau.gif I'm viewing it in the color profile they suggest, and it looks ok. So we shall see. :D
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 8, 2007
    Julia wrote:
    Thanks Simon!!

Yes, I am quite concerned about the color representation, but I guess I'll just have to order them and see... hit or miss. ne_nau.gif I'm viewing it in the color profile they suggest, and it looks ok. So we shall see. :D

I love your card!

If your monitor (which is RGB by-the-way) is not calibrated you won't get a true color match representation to your CMYK blend. To ensure your final product you'll want to reference a Pantone color match.
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2007
    Thanks Angelo! Yeah, I'm not officially calibrated with any purchased software... So it is a concern!
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    my turn...
    both my boys are playing for teams in the same soccer club, so I figured I'd set up a table at their opening ceremonies and see what happens. I've got a real job that I generally like, so I'm not looking to really go full time, just support my L-fever. So, I've read (and generally agree) w/ all the comments about the domain names, etc, but figured I'd wait and see how this season goes before I go full out. But I'd love your feedback on this card.

tx,

C.

184138168-M.jpg
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2007
    Frog Lady wrote:
    But I'd love your feedback on this card.

your phone number seems to be kinda blurry and i think people might have a hard time reading it.

*giggle*
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2007
    Frog Lady wrote:
    184138168-M.jpg

i like the image; everything else is kinda blah. i think a start would be changing up the typeface for the business name. i'll give my usual spiel about a registered domain name... it's only $8.95 @ godaddy. web and email hosting can be found for free these days.

i moved a couple of things around and changed the typeface and color:
    184273239-S.jpg
    - Dan

• Options
    JzazziJzazzi Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    This is a great thread, thank you for the samples and critiques of all your work. In particular, I like W.W Webster's comments on page 6 regarding angelo's card on page 5.

Here is my attempt at building strong lines and letting the card speak for itself; my goal is to make the intent clear without having to read the words.
    (yes, the website is bogus for the time being)

Zazzi
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2007
    Jzazzi wrote:
    Here is my attempt at building strong lines and letting the card speak for itself; my goal is to make the intent clear without having to read the words.

first thing that came to mind was videography when i saw your card.
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2007
    com3 wrote:

first thing that came to my mind was, damn, that contact info is going to be hard to read at print size.
    - Dan

• Options
    edited August 16, 2007
    Hi all!

Had to report back that I received my cards from OvernightPrints and they are terrific... :ivar The color is just PERFECT. I'm glad I trusted my instinct and my color profile even though I don't have any expensive calibration gadgets.

I know some people have had issues with them, but I heartily recommend OvernightPrints. (Especially with a coupon code. rolleyes1.gif )

Thank you all for your feedback!

Now, who do I give them to? headscratch.gifmwink.gif

Julia
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2007
    congrats anfd hurrah!
    Glad they came out OK!
    mwink.gif:D:D:D
    Julia wrote:
    Hi all!

Had to report back that I received my cards from OvernightPrints and they are terrific... :ivar The color is just PERFECT. I'm glad I trusted my instinct and my color profile even though I don't have any expensive calibration gadgets.

I know some people have had issues with them, but I heartily recommend OvernightPrints. (Especially with a coupon code. rolleyes1.gif )

Thank you all for your feedback!

Now, who do I give them to? headscratch.gifmwink.gif

Julia
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    JzazziJzazzi Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    com3 wrote:
    dangin wrote:
    first thing that came to my mind was, damn, that contact info is going to be hard to read at print size.

Thank you both for the comments. Image is resized to be more realistic, with the contact information larger. I see what you mean about videography, but I'm really hooked on the design : )

Here are two more ideas, with and without the film border.

Zazzi
  • Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    i know this thread seems kinda dead, but i finally have a business card design that is worth showing. please tell me what you think, good or bad!

192624547-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2007
    Jzazzi wrote:
    Thank you both for the comments. Image is resized to be more realistic, with the contact information larger. I see what you mean about videography, but I'm really hooked on the design : )

Here are two more ideas, with and without the film border.

Zazzi

like the version with the film border best myself ( but hey what do I know?mwink.gif )
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2007
    binghott wrote:
    i know this thread seems kinda dead, but i finally have a business card design that is worth showing. please tell me what you think, good or bad!

]

o first view I really like it but...

on closer inspection I don't like the font for 'Photography' it really jarrs with the clean 'modern' lines of the rest

also .. a silly quibble .. but most orf the text is 'bingetc.' but there's one 'barryetc.. just seems abit odd, If I was scanning quickly I would be thinking .. 'make your mind up'' or 'which am I supposed to contact' sorry .. don't mean to be rude.. just honest about what went though my head (probably because I'm a grumpy old gitmwink.gif )

on another tack.. might it be worth experimenting with red for the 'Hott part? Very obvious and horribly cliched, but then that probably describes me! :lol:
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    D.RodgersD.Rodgers Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    could have found the file but it was easier to take a snap ne_nau.gif
    card.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2007
    D.Rodgers wrote:
    could have found the file but it was easier to take a snap ne_nau.gif
    card.jpg

quite like it....
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    quite like it....

+1.
  • Options
    DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    My turn...
    I figured I would join the fray...this is what I am working on currently:

210403635-M-1.jpg
    Dizzle
    DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
    Canon 50D | 50 1.8 | 17-50 2.8 | 70-200 4L
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2007
    TNicole wrote:
    I figured I would join the fray...this is what I am working on currently:

210403635-M-1.jpg

needs something else IMO

not sure wat.... an image perhaps ...60% opacity or something?
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    Stella BellaStella Bella Registered Users Posts: 104 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    Here are mine. Very simple.

210488647-M.jpg

210488650-M.jpg