change that to 800,800 :)
  • Options
    Jeff GeoghanJeff Geoghan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    You've set it to 600px

SM.flash.insertSlideshow(600,600, ssConfig, 'transparent');

change that to 800,800 :)

Bigger now. Something else changed and it's off-center (or something is) and the background went to black.
    Jeff Geoghan Photography
    Interiors, Exteriors & Landscape
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    www.jeffgphoto.net
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Bigger now. Something else changed and it's off-center (or something is) and the background went to black.
    Why not just use our homepage box for slideshow :) It's completely point and click driven. Homepage Layout button.
  • Options
    Jeff GeoghanJeff Geoghan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    I think...
    Andy wrote:
    Why not just use our homepage box for slideshow :) It's completely point and click driven. Homepage Layout button.

...I got it. Tell me what you think...good size?
    Jeff Geoghan Photography
    Interiors, Exteriors & Landscape
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    www.jeffgphoto.net
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2010
    ...I got it. Tell me what you think...good size?
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    South Shore SnapshotsSouth Shore Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    Why is the box container for my stretchy slideshow grey at the top, white at the bottom? Why is that box container there at all? And, can I still go wider...like full edge to edge as in Andy's Moon River example?

Thanks,

Rob

site here: http://www.southshoresnapshots.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D90 | MB-D80 GRIP | 80-200mm F2.8 | 50mm F1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 | SB 400

Pentax K1000 | M28mm F2.8 | M50mm F2 | Takumar Bayonet 135mm F2.5

www.southshoresnapshots.smugmug.com
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    Why is the box container for my stretchy slideshow grey at the top, white at the bottom? Why is that box container there at all? And, can I still go wider...like full edge to edge as in Andy's Moon River example?

Thanks,

Rob

site here: http://www.southshoresnapshots.smugmug.com/
    That is part of the theme for your homepage. You can remove it with this CSS:

.homepage .boxBottom {border:none !important; background:none !important;}
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    South Shore SnapshotsSouth Shore Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    jfriend wrote:

Yeppers, that did the trick, THANKS
    Nikon D90 | MB-D80 GRIP | 80-200mm F2.8 | 50mm F1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 | SB 400

• Options
    edited March 16, 2010
    jfriend wrote:

John, as per the second part of my question, why is it that my slideshow is not fully edge-to-edge, as Andy's is? On this laptop, my SS covers approx. 80% with 10 per cent white space on each side of centre. Andy's meanwhile, covers the entire screen on this same laptop.

Thanks,

Rob

• Options
    edited March 16, 2010
    John, as per the second part of my question, why is it that my slideshow is not fully edge-to-edge, as Andy's is? On this laptop, my SS covers approx. 80% with 10 per cent white space on each side of centre. Andy's meanwhile, covers the entire screen on this same laptop.

Thanks,

Rob
    I have no idea what it looks like on your specific laptop. If you included a screenshot of both on the laptop, I could perhaps help more specifically.

You've uploaded images that are 1010x510 so that's as large as the stretchy slideshow can go. On my computer your slideshow is going to that max size if the window is large enough (tall enough and wide enough for that size to fit).

It is possible that your laptop window doesn't have enough height to show the 510px image height without requiring scrolling. Your banner and navbar are about 200px high. Andy's is about 50px high. So, he has a lot more vertical room.

If you want to just force 1010x510 size slideshow, then stop using the stretchy slideshow and just define the normal slideshow size to be 1010x510. That's what Andy did. Then, it will make the slideshow that size no matter what fits on screen.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2010
    Thanks John, see what you mean. Given the large discrepancy between Andy's header and mine, it could be something simple as that. I have just now opted to force the max 1010 slideshow, and it looks great, though yes on this old laptop, I have to scroll. The downside to that, I think, is that on my desktop it'll look small.

I'm gonna stick with the stretchy code.

• Options
    edited March 16, 2010
    Thanks John, see what you mean. Given the large discrepancy between Andy's header and mine, it could be something simple as that. I have just now opted to force the max 1010 slideshow, and it looks great, though yes on this old laptop, I have to scroll. The downside to that, I think, is that on my desktop it'll look small.

I'm gonna stick with the stretchy code.
    With the stretchy show, you can force min width and min height (even if it causes scrolling) with the minW and minH parameters. See the doc here for details if that's what you want to do. If you upload larger images (in the same aspect ratio), then the stretchy slideshow will go even larger if your window is large enough.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    clicariclicari Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2010
    No auto full screen in slideshow
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Folks! On March 17th we released a new version of our Full Screen Slideshow and also the gallery-style slideshow.

If you are having any difficulties with the slideshow, we want to help, and we'll do it here. Some things we need to know when you reply:

1. We need to know your installed flash version, for IE (if you use it) and for other browsers. Go to this page at Adobe and tell us the results.

2. We need to know what browser you are using, and the version, and on what Operating System. E.g., IE6 on WinXP; IE7 on Windows Vista Home Premium; Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Mac OS X 10.5.

3. We need a direct gallery link to where you are having the problem.

4. Tell us if you can use the Full Screen Slideshow here in this gallery.

5. Tell us if you can see the Full Screen Slideshow using this share link.

6. If you can see #5 and cannot see #4, can you see the full screen at Adobe's Full Screen test here.
    (click the full screen mode on the left, then let the demo load, then click full screen view button on the movie).

7. If you cannot see SmugMug's Full Screen Slideshow, or the Cars Movie Demo in full screen or the Adobe Full Screen Demo in full screen, you may have a hardware issue with full screen. Try disabling hardware acceleration in the flash player.

Some of you may have all the right stuff but have customizing that is getting in the way of your Full Screen Slideshow:
    • modifying the breadcrumb with javascript
    • having the olde javascript slideshow installed still
    Looking for Shizam's Homepage Slideshow? Right Here.

EDIT (April 9th, 2008): We updated the site to support the latest Adobe Flash version (9,0,124,0). You DO NOT require this version but if you have it or get it, you'll be fine. :)

EDIT (August 31, 2008): Adblock Plus and Firefox3 aren't playing well with FS Slideshow and Flash. Sorry :( We're trying to work on this and overcome the issue with Adblock plus, updates when we have them....

I'm running IE8 on a Win 7 OS with the latest Flash (installed today). The only way I can get full screen when playing a slideshow is to hit F11 key. If I use Google Chrome it loads full screen automatically as it does on a Vista desktop I have. Slideshow works on all the above tests but will not go full screen unless F11 is pressed.
    Any Ideas?
    Thx
    Carl
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2010
    clicari wrote:
    I'm running IE8 on a Win 7 OS with the latest Flash (installed today). The only way I can get full screen when playing a slideshow is to hit F11 key. If I use Google Chrome it loads full screen automatically as it does on a Vista desktop I have. Slideshow works on all the above tests but will not go full screen unless F11 is pressed.
    Any Ideas?
    Thx
    Carl
    Hi, write our Support Heroes with full details please and we'll help you from the desk.
  • Options
    cemsonmezcemsonmez Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 10, 2010
    removes CSS but still no slideshow button
    Hi !

I have removed my CSS codes. But still i cannot see the slideshow button.

thanks in advance for your help.

my web site www.cemsonmez.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    cemsonmez wrote: »
    Hi !

I have removed my CSS codes. But still i cannot see the slideshow button.

thanks in advance for your help.

my web site www.cemsonmez.com
    In your CSS change this

.notLoggedIn #breadcrumb {display: none;}

to this

.notLoggedIn #breadCrumbTrail {display: none;}
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    cemsonmezcemsonmez Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 10, 2010
    Thanks Allen !

You are wonderful! Happy shooting!
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    Full-screen slideshow & portrait orientation images
    I just noticed that the full screen slideshow (i.e., when clicking "Slideshow" buttom from within a gallery) crops off the bottom of some images (once it reaches the point at which images are displayed full screen). I'm seeing this when playing slideshows on my site as well as others', and regardless of browser.

I would expect the code to scale the image only until it hits the screen-height limit. But it appears to be continuing to scale and overflowing the available vertical space on my 22" monitor. (No problem on my 15" laptop.)

UPDATE: I've reported this issue to the helpdesk, and the bug doctors are on it. Another user has reported the same symptoms here.

UPDATE: I haven't received notification from the helpdesk, but it looks like this bug has been fixed:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=175038&highlight=slideshow
    http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography
  • Options
    shootnscootshootnscoot Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 4, 2011
    Slideshow default fullscreen
    How can I have the fullscreen slide show come up as the default in one of my galleries?

Thanks for the help
    http://www.KeithHartmanPhotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2011
    How can I have the fullscreen slide show come up as the default in one of my galleries?

Thanks for the help
    http://www.KeithHartmanPhotography.com

Hi, it's not possible I'm so sorry!
  • Options
    jdwljdwl Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2012
    hi there,

I hope this is the right forum as I do have some questions re the SmugMug offered standard slideshow in the view modes.

I have learned, that it is not possible to change the presets of Slow, Medium and Fast, right? therefore I have to accept that Medium is too slow in my point of view and Fast is not really fast.

Anyway, if I create a Gallery and set the view mode on Slideshow (so everyone entering the gallery sees the slideshow immediately) it is possible to click on Fullscreen. But if I do that, the Slideshow starts at the beginning (with the first pic)? this is a little annoying. Because I do have some music in the description of the gallery, a start at the beginning of the slideshow (after clicking on Fullscreen) would change my plan of music fitting to the pictures.

another chance would be to let the slideshow already start in Fullscreen mode, but than the music does not start to play?
    if you would have any ideas I would be very happy!

here is the link to the gallery....http://www.hansjuergenstrecker.com/Slideshows/RoJo-Wedding-Venice-2012/23308969_F4Z6rT

br
    HJs
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2012
    It's not possible to configure the full screen slideshow button to not start the slideshow over. Sorry.

Neither it is possible to have the gallery start in the full screen slideshow. Only once the visitor clicks on the slideshow button, would the full screen slideshow be able to come up.

What you could do is look at adding the html5 slideshow. That might allow you to customize it as you'd like to.

Alternatively, if full control is of importance to you, you could consider creating a video of your slideshow with music. That way you would set the pace and have the music in perfect sync. For example Animoto offers a video slideshow service.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero