Options

Pricelists are here!

Comments

• Options
    Rogue 1Rogue 1 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    Hi Susan - just to follow up -

I looked at your site - your default pricelist is a 'migrated list' reffing 'Garden Flaowrs.' - it is applied as the default to ALL but five galleries (which are utilizing the pricelist ttitled 'migrated from My SmugMug" -
  • Options
    Bird LadyBird Lady Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    Rogue 1 wrote: »
    Hi Susan -

Yes, Aff is correct -

The default pricelist is applied by default to ALL galleries (unless you have specified another Pricelist for a gallery) - So the DEFAULT does not show a 'count.'

But for issues like this, the HELP Desk and our support heroes are always standing by, DGRIN is more of a resource. :D

You can always reach support at help.smugmug.com

S
    I guess I didn't state it clearly:

On the Manage pricelist page, on the right side, the number of galleries and/or photos affected by each price list are shown. But when I clicked on one of those pricelists and checked "Make this my default pricelist," the total number of the galleries for that pricelist, as shown on the Manage page, disappeared. That migrated price list on that Manage page is blank in terms of galleries/photo numbers. I'm in contact with someone at SM help, who also didn't understand the issue apparently. Am waiting to hear back.

I had incorrectly thought that my creating a new default for a pricelist shown on the Manage page meant that the number of galleries affected by that pricelist would remain shown and also be considered as the default.

Susan
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 2, 2012
    Bird Lady wrote: »
    I guess I didn't state it clearly:

On the Manage pricelist page, on the right side, the number of galleries and/or photos affected by each price list are shown. But when I clicked on one of those pricelists and checked "Make this my default pricelist," the total number of the galleries for that pricelist, as shown on the Manage page, disappeared. That migrated price list on that Manage page is blank in terms of galleries/photo numbers. I'm in contact with someone at SM help, who also didn't understand the issue apparently. Am waiting to hear back.

I had incorrectly thought that my creating a new default for a pricelist shown on the Manage page meant that the number of galleries affected by that pricelist would remain shown and also be considered as the default.

Susan
    The default pricelist does not show the number of galleries/photos it applies to. It applies to *all* galleries/photos that dont have a different pricelist assigned to them. Its the same as the Portfolio level pricing in the previous system.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2012
    bwg wrote: »
    The default pricelist does not show the number of galleries/photos it applies to. It applies to *all* galleries/photos that dont have a different pricelist assigned to them. Its the same as the Portfolio level pricing in the previous system.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I understand now!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    Art Scott wrote: »
    DEFINITELY NOT "ART-FOR-YOUR - WALLS" THAT IS NOT A CORRECT NICE NAME....

Art, please go here and you can edit the nicename.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    Art, please go here and you can edit the nicename.

Thanks.

I don't give a rats about nice names, I do not use them for anything it is your system that needs fixing...
    thanxthumb.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited March 5, 2012
    I went in and priced 4 galleries, 2 price lists...again I find this a hell of a lot harder than before... since I wanted to do sale price pricing it was a ton slower than before...in the previous version of price lists i could easily tab to the next price block...since I am a terrible typist, I have to watch the keyboard while typing...so asI typed in a price and hit tab..the cursor did not pop to the next retail slot..it was in the Profit bracket...so now I had to start over...and not tab but type and move track ball and click....SLOWER...SLOWER...SLOWER.....the old version i typed numbers with right hand and tabbed with the left...so much faster it was.

I hate using the profit pricing which is where the galleries are now.... I will have to redo to get them where I want this was a simple trial to see if it was easier and faster...and it is not.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited March 5, 2012
    Is there a way to set percentages for the various products?
    For instance to have 5x7's at 400% and 8x10's at 300%.
    Not at this time. This is a common request and adding some further granularity to the percentage is something we will look at for future updates.

Cheers.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2012
    I hate using the profit pricing which is where the galleries are now.
    Migrated pricelists are not profit based. They maintain the exact same fixed pricing as the pricing scheme they were migrated from. I checked a few of your pricelists and they are set to use fixed pricing.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2012
    Migrated pricelists are not profit based. They maintain the exact same fixed pricing as the pricing scheme they were migrated from. I checked a few of your pricelists and they are set to use fixed pricing.

Ahhh Dude...the ones that I checked that said they were migrated were totally blank of prices...and I have been resetting them....and it is a pain ... for me... and I have just been reporting back here with my experiences plain and simple ...

Thanks for checking on me tho ... ... ...

• Options
    edited March 6, 2012
    Ahhh Dude...the ones that I checked that said they were migrated were totally blank of prices...and I have been resetting them....and it is a pain ... for me... and I have just been reporting back here with my experiences plain and simple ...

Thanks for checking on me tho ... ... ...
    I just checked all your migrated pricelists and every product listed has a fixed price. So unless you have already updated every product in every migrated pricelist to a fixed price, things appear to have worked as intended.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2012
    I just checked all your migrated pricelists and every product listed has a fixed price. So unless you have already updated every product in every migrated pricelist to a fixed price, things appear to have worked as intended.

Not every one... I never said I did everyone...I said I did 4 and I reported on those 4... Anything else I can do for you ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I am certain that there are help requests that you need to be looking after, ....as I have not asked for help but if I do need it I will ask for it.

• Options
    richturkrichturk Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2012
    price lists new - how bizarre can you get?
    Caveat...I'm not a high volume seller. Most of my sales are in person, but I want the option to price my prints and sell

How can you take a perfectly user friendly, intuitive pricing system and make it unintelligible?

First, where's the ability to price in absolute dollars, eg, "I want this print to cost $10.00", instead of only by %%?? To price by %% you have to have a lot of info and do calculations. What was wrong with saying, hey, the print costs 1.00, I want to charge 5, 10, etc?

Second, I'm pricing a new album? Where do you actually see the prices with out logging out as the owner and viewing as a buyer??? Eg, I see all this on the screen about default pricing, etc but no where can I find the actual prices, costs, profits, etc. Just gibberish. Where is a nice simple table like in the old way, eg. cost is x, price is y???

Sorry, I can't find one single good thing to say about this un-user friendly mess.
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2012
    richturk wrote: »
    Caveat...I'm not a high volume seller. Most of my sales are in person, but I want the option to price my prints and sell

How can you take a perfectly user friendly, intuitive pricing system and make it unintelligible?

First, where's the ability to price in absolute dollars, eg, "I want this print to cost $10.00", instead of only by %%?? To price by %% you have to have a lot of info and do calculations. What was wrong with saying, hey, the print costs 1.00, I want to charge 5, 10, etc?

Second, I'm pricing a new album? Where do you actually see the prices with out logging out as the owner and viewing as a buyer??? Eg, I see all this on the screen about default pricing, etc but no where can I find the actual prices, costs, profits, etc. Just gibberish. Where is a nice simple table like in the old way, eg. cost is x, price is y???

Sorry, I can't find one single good thing to say about this un-user friendly mess.
    you can set by price. just type in what you want the price to be.

20120312-mcbyf3tx1cwse762fgpqdt19sb.jpg
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2012
    Within any existing gallery, how can I now adjust pricing for just one existing image, or even make an existing image not for sale? I'm drawing a blank here...

Thanks!

Susan
  • Options
    TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    Within any existing gallery, how can I now adjust pricing for just one existing image, or even make an existing image not for sale? I'm drawing a blank here...

Thanks!

Susan

To do this, you would want to go in and create a new pricelist for this item if one hasn't already been created.

Once you have this pricelist in place, you would open it up by clicking Tools > Set Prices > Manage Pricelists - "Edit" under the pricelist you would like to have apply to this image and that will bring up the pricing you would like to set for this photo.

Once that is open, you will see a "Single Photo" section that would be able to use to apply this to individual images on your site.

20120314-j3s9pdfr6s1mx8wqqpyd7d7g4h.jpg

-KevinW
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2012
    To do this, you would want to go in and create a new pricelist for this item if one hasn't already been created.

Once you have this pricelist in place, you would open it up by clicking Tools > Set Prices > Manage Pricelists - "Edit" under the pricelist you would like to have apply to this image and that will bring up the pricing you would like to set for this photo.

Once that is open, you will see a "Single Photo" section that would be able to use to apply this to individual images on your site.

20120314-j3s9pdfr6s1mx8wqqpyd7d7g4h.jpg

-KevinW
    Support Hero
    Can I enter zero here when I want to show the photo but not have pricing connected to it?

Thanks!

Susan
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2012
    Can I enter zero here when I want to show the photo but not have pricing connected to it?

Thanks!

Susan

Do you mean the "base profit" option? No, don't enter 0 there or you would be offering your photos at cost prices.
    If you don't want to offer any products, create a new pricelist that has no products. Apply that empty pricelist to photos or galleries of your choice to make them unavailable for buying.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2012
    Do you mean the "base profit" option? No, don't enter 0 there or you would be offering your photos at cost prices.
    If you don't want to offer any products, create a new pricelist that has no products. Apply that empty pricelist to photos or galleries of your choice to make them unavailable for buying.

Thank you, Sebastian! I'll do that today.

Susan
  • Options
    Pure EnergyPure Energy Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2012
    I'm liking the new pricelists system and have 16 different pricelists after migration to consolidate and make more sense to me.

I'm currently working on a unique tier of photos and I thought it would be nice to have to check a box under "choose products" to activate all products in all sections (not just by section). With the type a bit smaller in that window, I find it easier to know I didn't miss any possible product I might want and to simply delete the products in the "edit pricelist" mode.
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2012
    Oh, and a way to open up all the products for editing in the "edit pricelist" mode (not just by section) would be nice too.
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2012
    One more oh... is there a way to organize the pricelists alphabetically or however we prefer to in the "manage pricelists" section?
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2012
    Oh, and a way to open up all the products for editing in the "edit pricelist" mode (not just by section) would be nice too.
    You can expand a whole category by clicking on the product heading:
    20120316120730-01156x3012207.jpg

Thanks also for your other suggestions. At this point you can't re-arrange pricelists.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2012
    Thanks for the reply. It was pretty simple to stumble upon how to expand all products under categories such as "Prints - Standard Sizes."

Because I'm not sure you understood me based on your reply, let me try to clarify. What I am suggesting is that it would be nice to be able to expand all products under all categories at the same time. One click, ready to go, instead of 14 clicks to open all categories and then 14 more clicks to expand all products in those categories.

Summary of my current suggestions for improvements:
    • One click to expand all products in all (14) categories.
    • A box to check to choose all products in all (14) categories when "choosing products."
    • Ability to arrange pricelists in the "manage pricelists" section.
  • Options
    J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2012
    question about setting a profit.....with the old way of pricing you had to set everything $0.01 over the cost to get notified of a sale. I can't find an easy option on the price list tool to do this. Did the rules change for this? If I leave the print set at lab cost will I get a notification of sale?
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2012
    J Allen wrote: »
    question about setting a profit.....with the old way of pricing you had to set everything $0.01 over the cost to get notified of a sale. I can't find an easy option on the price list tool to do this. Did the rules change for this? If I leave the print set at lab cost will I get a notification of sale?

No longer necessary as of (I think) coupon implementation. You should be able to sell at cost and still get notification emails. I think proof delay even works, but not positive.
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2012
    mbellot wrote: »
    No longer necessary as of (I think) coupon implementation. You should be able to sell at cost and still get notification emails. I think proof delay even works, but not positive.
    Yes, at cost sales will show in your Pro sales history and you'll also be able to proof those orders.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    drscsidrscsi Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 25, 2012
    Paypal Integration - How to?
    I checked out your smugmug site and must say I am impressed with the Paypal piece. As I deal with sales which require selling to both Americans and Europeans on both continents, I am looking for a way to offer two ordering methods for the same galleries. Currently, the pricelists option only permits putting an individiual gallery in a single pricelist bucket for a single print lab; which doesn't fit my needs. This is where Paypal could help out by bridging the gaps left by smugmug. Do you have any resources about how to set up Paypal as nicely as you have done? Thanks in advance...
    TalkieT wrote: »
    Wow... while I _IN PRINCIPLE_ approve of Smugmug making some moves to prepare for foreign currency transactions... In _PRACTICE_ I am extraordinarily happy I have a very smoothly working Paypal integration up and running.

This seriously looks like a feature designed, developed and tested by developers, for the convenience and benefit of Smugmug - not your customers.

I love the customisation and support of Smugmug. I love the community support and the quality of the images, plus the fact you really do store an unlimited amount, in original quality (mostly).

But everything to do with the sales and ecommerce side just looks so badly thought out - or looks to be thought out from the view of someone trying to imagine what customers want, instead of really asking them.

How many people asked to have the ability to easily directly set prices taken away from them? I rest my case.

Cheers - N
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2012
    I still like the new "manage pricelists" system but now I'm finding glitches and ways for the system to be improved:
    1) When I view the main "Manage Pricelist" screen, I see the many pricelists I have and the appropriate number of galleries associated with each pricelist. However, when I go to "edit a list" and then click on "galleries" I come to the "gallery picker" screen and notice that the number of galleries associated with this pricelist now goes up as indicated by the number in green next to the "selected" button in the upper right corner. Shouldn't that number be the same?
    By the way, clicking on the selected gallery button is nice.
    ADDED TODAY: When I applied a pricelist correctly to some new galleries, the number of galleries associated with that pricelist in the main "manage pricelists" screen jumped from 10+ to 100+ and may still be an inaccurate number.
    I had no new galleries to add to a different pricelist so I just clicked on "apply changes" after viewing possible new galleries to associate with that pricelist and nothing changed. The only way to get the number to be the same in the "manage pricelists" screen and next to the "selected" button is to either add new galleries or to remove galleries and then add them back in.
    This is ridiculous. How many of my pricelists appear to be for "0" galleries but might actually have galleries associated with them?
    2) I'm wondering if I forgot to assign a pricelist to any of my photos as I really don't want someone to get the wrong impression because of what my default prices may be. Could you let us know how many galleries and photos are associated with the default pricelist? And a way to view them, such as, clicking on the word "selected" next to the tiny green button so that we may exit and then open up the appropriate pricelist and assign the "default" galleries the proper pricelist?
    Vote here: http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/1...ault-pricelist

This would save a ton of time when I make changes to my prices.

3) In the "gallery picker" screens for assigning pricelists to photos, can you make it so I can just click on a category, sub-category and (hopefully really soon to be) sub-sub-category and assign a price-list for every gallery that is under that category, sub-category or sub-sub-category?
    This would save a ton of time when I make changes to my prices.

4) I thought there was a way to display all of my galleries for applying a pricelist and now there isn't. If #3 can not be implemented quickly perhaps restoring it so that we can display all galleries at once but broken into sections so that I can tell which category or sub-category a gallery is from. I have many galleries with the same title but in different sections and with different prices to assign to them.

Or if it is too many galleries to load, perhaps all galleries from a category can be opened up so I can apply a pricelist to many galleries quickly?
    I'm out of votes or I'd start some of these suggestions but perhaps these could be implemented easily and quickly without us Smuggers making the suggestion in the feedback section, to vote and then wait while the sun rises and sets for days, weeks, months or years to come.
  • Options
    DotaDota Registered Users Posts: 258 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2012
    I admit two things...1) This is the 1st time I've used the new pricelist for my latest galleries. 2). I'm not reading pages/months of threads trying to find my answer.

I made a wedding category that was broken into sub-categories...(Pre-Wedding, Ceremony, Group Shots, etc.). It was easy to copy a pricelist from a previous wedding over to each one. However each sub-category does not have the same number of pictures and I can't set a "All Digital Downloads" for the downloads. Is that possible? Right now each gallery has the same gallery price set from the old wedding (which was used from the old pricelist and randomly calculated). Individual download prices are fine.