Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 31, 2007
    Newb with Sony DSC-F828
    Hi my name is Jacqueline from Nashville, TN. I'm new to digital cameras. My brother gave me a Sony DSC-F828 when he upgraded to a Nikon D80 DSLR. I was inspired to join Dgrin because the LPS contest. I hope to learn a lot from this site and contribute something as well.

Kind regards,
    Jacqueline :D
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2007
    Hi my name is Jacqueline from Nashville, TN. I'm new to digital cameras. My brother gave me a Sony DSC-F828 when he upgraded to a Nikon D80 DSLR. I was inspired to join Dgrin because the LPS contest. I hope to learn a lot from this site and contribute something as well.

Kind regards,

Hi there Jaqueline wave.gif

Nice to see you on board.... lots of folks still have their Sony F828's.
    It's a mighty fine camera, and I even still have mine :D

You just hola if you need help okay thumb.gif ...... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2007

Kind regards,

hi jacqueline!

anyone with a 828 is welcome here! i miss mine!
    be careful of andy or you'll miss yours too... mwink.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    naenaenaenae Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 3, 2007
    Hello my name is Renae or NaeNae. I am very shy. I have a digital camera and a slr film camera and thats nice has great zoom and I use it to take alot of good pictures. But thats about all. :D
  • Options
    h4rrih4rri Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Oh for the love of god nooooooo
    Here is me, just joined up and enjoying the ride so far :)

32 from the Uk, been into film for along time and started in digital about a year ago. Started with a 350D then quickly moved to the 5D having to upgrade all but one of my lenses with it :(

Still learning but getting there :)

140813152-S.jpg

Am rarely in front of the camera, normally behind but my little angel wanted me to take this one so I obliged :)
    H4rri
    ~~
    w: www.randomphotos.net
    #: Canon 5D - 17-40mm f/4 L - Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L - Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS - Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro - 100-400mm f/4 L IS - Canon MT-24EX - Speedlite 430EX - Nikon CoolPix S200 :#
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    A huge welcome to the new d/grinners.

If you happen to be looking for the nets best storage for your photos then cruise by SmugMug...great themes for computer dummys as well...you dont need to be a rocket scientist thats for sure.

Im not saying that because they power us but simply because of the assistance available here in these very forums & the value they offer.
  • Options
    BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    new to dgrin and soon to smugmug
    I love mountain biking, but found photography to be more peaceful ,rewarding and may I say less dangerousrolleyes1.gif

BP
    :photo
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    :lol

Great portraits of the new posters. Hope you folks love it here and post lots of pics! :):
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    grokgrok Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 8, 2007
    Grok sputters into life on Digital Grin
    Hi everybody. I'm Grok - real name Gordon. My SmugMug galleries can be found at www.grokphoto.com and here's a picture of my ugly mug by way of introduction.

142054182-M.jpg
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    grok wrote:
    Hi everybody. I'm Grok - real name Gordon. My SmugMug galleries can be found at www.grokphoto.com and here's a picture of my ugly mug by way of introduction.

142054182-M.jpg

Hey, Grok, and Welcome! wave.gif

You must have external links turned off for that gallery, as the image is not visible.

If you need help with posting pics, check out the tutorial in my signature.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    grokgrok Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 8, 2007
    Take 2
    Ok, after flubbing my first attempt at a post, I will try again ...

Hi everybody - my name is Gordon (username Grok on these forums - any of who you have read "Stranger in a Strange Land" or hung out with computer geeks will recognise this :-) My SmugMug galleries can be seen at www.grokphoto.com.

Here's (hopefully) a picture of my ugly mug, assuming that I now have my SmugMug settings correct (thanks for all the help David).

142054182-M.jpg

I hoped it worked this time - can you all see me? (poor things)
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    grok wrote:

Eh, it's not that bad!

:D

(can see the pic just fine)
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    just picturesjust pictures Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    In the woods
    This is me on a hike at Petit Jean State Park Ar last fall.IMG_7744.jpg
  • Options
    scottykmscottykm Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 11, 2007
    Well here I am, New to this forum, usually found at POTN

Here is me, not quite a self portrait as the wife took it but you get the gist

Just prior to going away from home, back to UK from Germany when my son was 6 weeks old:cry

109168343-M.jpg
  • Options
    OrlingrinnerOrlingrinner Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 13, 2007
    Welcome
    Hello Everyone -- looking forward to being an active member of smugmug...Orlin thumb.gif
    )
    Visit me sometime <:)http://orlin.smugmug.com/

• Options
    BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    This is me on a hike at Petit Jean State Park Ar last fall.IMG_7744.jpg

Welcome to the forums...tell me you still rock the afrobowdown.gif
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    grok wrote:
    Not once but three times!

And I'm lovin' the 'fro, just pics! :D
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    just picturesjust pictures Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Brett wrote:
    Welcome to the forums...tell me you still rock the afrobowdown.gif
    yeah,still got it ,been ,with me since 68-.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Holy cow! Welcome all you new folks! clap.gif this is great :D
  • Options
    intentional_noiseintentional_noise Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Hi! Been with smuggy for a few months, but am fairly new to Dgrin. I tend to read here and there but have been really enjoying the images in the comp.

Here is the one facial expression eek7.gif that put me off 365 days worth of self portraits. Only so many ways you can click that expression!

140731247-L.jpg
  • Options
    tranquilsadetranquilsade Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 14, 2007
    Moi
    I'm brand new to Dgrin & I'm trying to get the feel around here. But this is me. :)wings.gif
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    Here's me. I'm Jesse. I've been with smugmug for a couple of years but am still a newbie here at dgrin. I come from a family of photographers and have been doing freelance work for about four years. I'm good with the natural light and have some technical experience but have a long way to go to fill out my skills.

51327655-M.jpg
  • Options
    barbhillbarbhill Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 19, 2007
    self portrait
    Hi just signed up to stay connected to the core of the photo world. I did a self portrait not sure I like it yet. I am new to serious photo taking...and looking forward to learning new things. I just signed up for the New York City workshop... anyone else out there going? BH
    www.barbhillphotos.com
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited April 19, 2007
    A big Dgrin welcome to intentional_noise, tranquilsade, indiegirl, miasolamagda and barbhill. wave.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    OmberOmber Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 26, 2007
    Hi everybody!
    This is my self-portrait.
    359914274_877427fd81.jpg
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    Hiya!
    sp5.jpg

I'm just so thrilled to be here! Finally, some true inspiration and encouragement for growth...thank you!!!wings.gif

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    outdoorshooteroutdoorshooter Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 3, 2007
    I am lost and wandering around looking at the different forums trying to figure out how to take the plunge. After getting some good direction I suppose it is customary to bail off right here.

I've had my smug mug account for a little while now, but have always just lurked on the board...and have really enjoyed exploring the different galleries.
    I do love the service my smug mug account provides...and have had a great experience from day one. It's been so simple to use and the service and tutorials have been superb.

Anyway....I have so few photos of myself....well....it is actually quite gratifying. :D

This is one of the few...I was waste deep in water moccasins and Japanese millet we had planted in a food plot to feed wild ducks.

I am a photographer for ESPN Outdoors, and my 'work in progress' can be viewed at this URL if anybody is interested:
    www.outdoorshooter.org

141601593-M.jpg
  • Options
    gdpgdp Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    dscn5109.jpg

That's me in the center (see my name on my helmet?) Bet you can guess what I'm doing when I'm not making pictures...

Hi! I'm very happy to have a new smugmug http://www.garrickdowns.com and very glad to find such a supportive community. I'm not -that- new to photography, just pretty new to selling services as a photographer, and completely new to webdesign.
  • Options
    TM3 ReddenTM3 Redden Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 4, 2007
    Hello all. I am new to the site. A friend from work told me to check out the site and to get tips. I only have a point and shoot Panasonic DMC-LX9, but manufactured my own "lenses" for purposes of taking macros. mwink.gif So any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Can't see investing unless I truely beleive I am somewhat good enough. The photos here are amazing.

Adam

Self Potrait_forpost.jpg

Adam
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited May 5, 2007
    Big Dgrin greets to all you new grinners...

Welcome Green², outdoor, gdp and TM3 wave.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky