Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    PINAMANPINAMAN Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2008
    Hello Digtilg Grin Community
    HI All Great site, allot to learn allot of very talented photographers. Excited in sharing what I see and through a lens. This would be the first time that ever show any of my pictures in any forum or site for that matter. I welcome your comments good and bad, this I do know will inspire me and teach me me a lot more with your help. Had the opportunity in meeting a couple of Superheros that have gotten me out of some jams here in Digital Grin so I thank you
    246661250-S.jpg
    As for my self, headscratch.gif 41, Live in NYC ,work in television production, proud Father of little girl 4.5 thats dynamite thanks to her mommy, . As of last year I have been actually commissioned through word of mouth to shoot music performers, some print work With no real training I am just getting buy with my canon d10 and renting some lenses. going to have to invest in some new toys.

On that note thank you for taking your time and seeing my work, If I can be of any assistance do not hesitate to ask.

"on shot at a time:

http://www.pinamedia.com
    http://pinamedia@gmail.com

Best John Pina
  • Options
    jensen photosjensen photos Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2008
    Hello, everyone. My name is Jay and I am a recent immigrant from a gallery site that rhymes with...shoelace. :D

I started taking photographing seriously in September 2006, and since then I have fully flung the door open to this world, and planning to become a professional in 4-5 years.

I live in Aurora, Illinois, so if anyone else lives in this area I would really like to meet you, see what area you find interesting, your cameras, techniques. I am a sponge and I want to absorb all that I can.

My equipment:
    Nikon D50.
    Nikkor 18-55mm kit lens
    Nikkor 55-200mm with VR
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 (love this lens)
    Nikkor 35-75mm
    Quantaray QDC 900WA flash (good value)
    Various filters, tripods, etc.

And here is me:
    4268247#249959136
    4268247#249959136
    Just call me Jay.
    My photo gallery.
    O mother river, Mississippi sing me your song.
  • Options
    jenweavernjjenweavernj Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2008
    My Name is Jennifer Weaver from New Jersey, USA.

I shoot with: Nikon D80 | Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR | 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon SB800

My smugmug website is: www.jenweaverphotography.com and my
    Photography blog is: www.jenweaverphotography.blogspot.com

Stop by and visit sometime!

248932657_mR9wM-L.jpg
    Jen Rinaldi

Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm | Minolta 35-105mm

The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited February 9, 2008
    Welcome all!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Hello
    117873369_Wh7Hn-S.jpg

243880779_GgjbX-M.jpg

Hello everybody, my name is Dave. I live on Long Island and I work in the Television industry and do some photography on the side.
    My smugmug is http://dtw78.smugmug.com
    hope you enjoy
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    welcome Dave wave.gif
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2008
    thanks Ivar
    My Website
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    MacBook shots
    Two in the Profile, left and here image.php?u=32120&dateline=1203096716&type=profile.

Museum Exhibit Builder by trade. They due use my images, some. I shoot all kinds of stuff, none of it Professionally.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    One more, of a type fancied here, it seems. One's self using a Camera!

257907557_PupzH-L.jpg
    In my Wife's Sunglasses at Plum island, Newberry Port, MA.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    JayBirdJayBird Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 22, 2008
    www.Buffphoto.com has landed at Smug
    I love photography and people. I'm glad to join the community with the "Smug Grin"

I feature the people and places of Buffalo and Western New York.

www.BuffPhoto.com

Peace... Jay

• Options
    jensen photosjensen photos Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    JayBird wrote:
    I love photography and people. I'm glad to join the community with the "Smug Grin"

I feature the people and places of Buffalo and Western New York.

www.BuffPhoto.com

Peace... Jay

Hey! Another Jay! wings.gif
    Just call me Jay.
    My photo gallery.
    O mother river, Mississippi sing me your song.
  • Options
    LensCapLensCap Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    OK You Asked...
    Here I am posing with my favorite model, I'm the one on the right and I'm sorry I blew the DOF on the cute one :D

257895808_HnZpu-M.jpg
    Randy Sartin
    http://sartinphoto.com

Nikon Stuff (not that it really matters)
  • Options
    jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    finally a self portrait
    Well I did introduce myself a while ago but did not have a recent self portrait... Decided to shoot one off today - with everyone probably thinking "Wow what a vain bugger taking a photo of himself with his big DSLR..." rolleyes1.gif

Well here's my ugly mug... 17degC in February on the Island of Mainau on Lake Constance in Germany - what a cracking day it was too!!! short sleeves - in FEB! wings.gif

JasonSelfPortrait.jpg

l8r all
    Jase
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2008
    Might as Well Start Here.
    I thought it'd be a good idea to introduce myself with my first post.

Hello. My name is Lee and I'm a cameraholic. I'm getting back into photography after many years away. I did a lot of portfolio work for beginning models back in college during the '80s and early '90s, then I spent the next fifteen years driving for a living. Except for processing color film (which, actually, I'd do at work), I did everything myself: lighting, shooting, printing, retouching.

Unfortunately, I'm still working were I don't belong. Fortunately, I got my first DSLR a couple weeks ago - a Nikon D40x with a Tamron 18-250 Macro - and I'm already having a lot of fun with it (except for that first week with it; the one I spent in bed with the worst cold I've ever had! :cry) I plan to build a studio and shoot everything big and small that I possibly can and shoot outdoors, too. But my biggest dream is to do studio automotive photography.

I found DGrin earlier this evening and I can see that I'll be very glad that I did. (In just a couple hours of lurking, I've seen some absolutely fantastic photography here at DGrin, and I hope to someday be half as good as many of you here.) I think I'll especially like the assignments. I was thinking of starting something similar at another forum (non-photographic, but many there share their pictures), but now I don't have to. I can do the assignments given here.

I'll post a self portrait when I get one. But, being that I'm the typical photographer - you know, the kind who prefers being behind the camera - it may take a while for me to take one. . . . In fact, it may take a lot of whiles. rolleyes1.gif

Here are some samples of the work I did back in the old days. Please excuse the quality, but I copied them with a Nikon CoolPix L11 (my pre-D40x days) and a "Studio in a Box" lighting set-up. I hope they'll qualify me as a DGrinner.

I've forgotten this lovely lady's name. Oh yeah! Angel!
    dscn0417-2.jpg

Joelanna
    dscn0426.jpg

Scott (and Janine's legs)
    dscn0421.jpg

Carol
    dscn0428.jpg
    (All model releases on file.)

Lee

"The camera never lies. . . . But the photographer, hair stylist and make-up artist sure can bend the truth!" - Me
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    MaksimusMaksimus Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2008
    just stopping by....
    I just joined you guys ,thank you for being here...Super.JPG
    fish wrote:
    There's something special about taking your own portrait (self-portrait). Anybody can take a photo of you, but only you can do the hard bit about choosing how you want to be seen. It's not that we don't want to see your handsome visages taken by other people, but that we want YOU to shoot them and present them yourselves.
    self-por·trait:
    n. A pictorial or literary portrait of oneself, created by oneself.

Edit: I merged the two "show us your mug" threads. :)

biggrinbounce2.gif
    today is the day , take the picture .:thumb .
    www.inmyviewnow.com:barb
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2008
    Maksimus wrote:
    I just joined you guys ,thank you for being here...Super.JPG
    Tks for joining in & posting a photo of yourself Maksimus but i can see it. Anyone else see it ?
  • Options
    AmandapandaAmandapanda Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 28, 2008
    Me....
    Hi there, my name's Amanda...

I have been interested in photography since i was about 13/14.... I am now 19, so I am a bit of an amature in compared to some of you :P

I have only reciently had the funds to invest in anything other than cheep lenses and equipment - over christmas i purchaced the canon 85mm f.1.8 and the canon 50mm f/1.8 (the cheap one lol) however i am wanting to invest in some studio lighting and a good printer that i can use on location... well eventually

so I ask that you are patient with me as i have very little experience of the "gargon" that you use, but i am here to learn and learn i shall (well i hope, thats if my little brain can take it)

any way hello from me. i hope to get to know some of you soon

A x
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2008
    Hi there, my name's Amanda...

I have been interested in photography since i was about 13/14.... I am now 19, so I am a bit of an amature in compared to some of you :P

I have only reciently had the funds to invest in anything other than cheep lenses and equipment - over christmas i purchaced the canon 85mm f.1.8 and the canon 50mm f/1.8 (the cheap one lol) however i am wanting to invest in some studio lighting and a good printer that i can use on location... well eventually

so I ask that you are patient with me as i have very little experience of the "gargon" that you use, but i am here to learn and learn i shall (well i hope, thats if my little brain can take it)

any way hello from me. i hope to get to know some of you soon

A x

Welcome Amanda
    My Website
  • Options
    AmandapandaAmandapanda Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 28, 2008
    dtw78 wrote:
    Welcome Amanda
    thank you... hello to you too :D
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2008
    Welcome all of you wave.gif

:smo
  • Options
    AmrushAmrush Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 29, 2008
    HI all .. My name is Omair, but you can call me amrush ..

I've been interested in photgraphy ever since i don't remember when .. i got my first camera when i was 16 .. a nikon coolpix 4300, i shot many good pictures .. (to be shown later ..) .. few years later i broke the camera and it's irrepairable ..

Last December, I bought a Nikon D80 with 18-135 .. and a nikon 70-300 lens came along .. shot few good shots .. mostly family and friends (who buys a dSLR to shoot pictures of family and friends, but hey i bought it right before the global holiday season) .. and then I had my semester finals so i've been cramped up here and couldn't do much with it .. but i'm looking forward to use to it's fullest .. and i think i'm gonna need some tips from experts, which explains why i joined the forums ..

so welcome me with a hug and a warm chocolate mug .. hehe .. :ivar
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2008
    Welcome everyone...please remember that the name of the thread is SHOW US YOU MUG (thats a photo of yourself ..not a story or some work you have done)

We want to see YOU !
  • Options
    AmrushAmrush Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 29, 2008
    lifdvq4.th.jpg

there you go .. :) .. I'm not aggressive .. but it was a sudden shot didn't expect it :P
  • Options
    SavedByZeroSavedByZero Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    Hey I know that dood!!
    Tuna wrote:
    Well, I signed up last year (yesterday) but am just now getting around to posting my self-portrait.

Passing some time here in Iraq
    _DSC0672.jpg

And since there seems to be so many riders on here, I guess I can post a picture of me on my motorcycle. It's not really a self-portrait and isn't the greatest quality, but oh well. Hopefully you'll allow it. ne_nau.gif

P1020772_.jpg

Dang squids and their motorcycles!! Two wheels on the pavement at all times bro!! :nono
  • Options
    mackidbrendanmackidbrendan Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    Hey guys
    my name is brendan

sry for the story i deleted it
    this is the best i can do for now

2291812011_054cedc0cb.jpg?v=0
    sry :(
    http://www.brendanryder.com

Use coupon code 4MdT6vueeZfpQ to save 5$ on a smugmug account
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Welcome everyone...please remember that the name of the thread is SHOW US YOU MUG (thats a photo of yourself ..not a story or some work you have done)

We want to see YOU !
    Bump
  • Options
    mackidbrendanmackidbrendan Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Bump
    i fixed it
    http://www.brendanryder.com

Use coupon code 4MdT6vueeZfpQ to save 5$ on a smugmug account
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2008
    i fixed it
    Thanks! and welcome wave.gif
  • Options
    zack75144zack75144 Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    Hi I'm Zack I just moved my stuff in from another host site hopefully will fit with the group. I shoot my kids sports as well as bird photography from way down the bayou in New Orleans.
    I've already screwed up my first post so lets see if I can post my Smugmug here.
    255769369_THQTY-S.jpg
    Zack www.zackjonesphotography.net
    EOS 7D, Zeiss 50mm f/1.4, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 200mm f/2.8L II, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 1.4 Ext II, 430EX, ST-E2, Tamrac Velocity 10X & Expeditioner 7 Bags.
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 9, 2008
    zack75144 wrote:
    Hi I'm Zack I just moved my stuff in from another host site hopefully will fit with the group. I shoot my kids sports as well as bird photography from way down the bayou in New Orleans.
    I've already screwed up my first post so lets see if I can post my Smugmug here.
    255769369_THQTY-S.jpg

Hi Zack,

Welcome! wave.gif
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign