Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2008
    micknewton wrote:
    3. When I first go to a site that I'm logged into it displays the home page as if I am not logged in. I have to hit F5 (or click FF's Reload button) to reload the page before it shows the logged-in controls.
    bigwebguy has said he'll look into this thank you.
  • Options
    Custom Domains and Homepage Slideshows are broken right now, we are aware and will fix it asap.
  • Options
    Andy wrote:
    Custom Domains and Homepage Slideshows are broken right now, we are aware and will fix it asap.
    We fixed it, sorry about that!
  • Options
    MoWheelsMoWheels Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 27, 2008
    Can't delete multiple photos from gallery
    ne_nau.gif
    I am trying to delete several photos from a gallery by selecting "Delete Photos". I click on multiple photos (red boxes around thumbnails) and then click Delete, but only the first photo is deleted. I've tried it in IE and Firefox on PC and Firefox and Safari on a Mac - can only delete one photo at a time. What am I missing here?
  • Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    Problem with deleting individual photos
    I know there's a [thread=106993]thread about problems deleting multiple photos[/thread], which I haven't tried, but has anybody experienced this bug? No problem deleting photos, but the screen after confirming delete comes up black -- SmugMug's very own BSOD (Black Screen of Death)!

Steps to Reproduce:
    - Upload photo or video
    - If in Traditional style, click on photo/video
    - From Photo Tools, select Delete
    - When prompted to confirm delete, click on Delete

Expected Behavior:
    - You are brought back to the album home page.

Actual Behavior:
    - Black Screen Of Death

Notes:
    - Photo/video *does* get deleted, but lack of feedback is confusing.
    - Happening for me on multiple SmugMug sites.
    - Happens with Firefox 3.0.1 (yeah yeah, 3.0.3 is downloading right now) as well as IE 7.0.5730.13.

Haven't tried it on a Mac yet, but it doesn't look platform-specific.
  • Options
    darryl wrote:
    I know there's a [thread=106993]thread about problems deleting multiple photos[/thread], which I haven't tried, but has anybody experienced this bug? No problem deleting photos, but the screen after confirming delete comes up black -- SmugMug's very own BSOD (Black Screen of Death)!

Steps to Reproduce:
    - Upload photo or video

Expected Behavior:

Actual Behavior:
    - Black Screen Of Death

Notes:
    - Happens with Firefox 3.0.1 (yeah yeah, 3.0.3 is downloading right now) as well as IE 7.0.5730.13.

We'll fix it, sorry!
  • Options
    luna_ticluna_tic Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    Yeah hi, sorry, forgot my original log in name and ended up with this.

The deletion problem isn't the only thing. I discovered that after a hundred pic upload became a few hundred pic upload. It was doubling them, a few were tripled and around three were quadrupled.

I could only delete one at a time and now it will only accept an upload of one a time.

Thanks for your time!thumb.gif
  • Options
    It's a bug from last night's release, we'll fix it asap, sorry!
  • Options
    luna_ticluna_tic Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    I know you guys will iloveyou.gif just letting you know what's happening this side of the keyboard. It is still crashing my firefox a lot however, and was doing so before the new release. I was almost kissing the keyboard if I had a straight day without a crash. Tonight is dismal for crashing on upload and I am trying to do so at around 10 images at a time! No choice. Client is now home after the honeymoon and I have another session to fuss over tomorrow!

If you hear any swearing across the seas, it's meeeeeeeeeee rolleyes1.gif

Thanks guys. I am sure it will all be fantabulous when it is done! clap.gif
  • Options
    darryl wrote:

Steps to Reproduce:
    - Upload photo or video

Expected Behavior:

Actual Behavior:
    - Black Screen Of Death

Notes:

Fixed the delete black screen bug.
    Sorry folks!
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    Javascript error related to slideshow button
    I haven't fully gotten to the bottom of this problem and I have to do something else for a little while, but I think there is some sort of "race condition" betwen the first ajax call returning with the thumb data for the page and the creating of the slideshow button.

If I run other code on onDOMReady, then I get the following Javascript error and no slideshow button appears in my page.

Here's the error from the Firebug console:

fullScreenSlideshow.resumeFetch is not a function
    rawAjaxThumbs(1, 369387035)gallery_ajax-min-... (line 60)
    handleSuccess(Object tId=0 status=200 statusText=OK)gallery_ajax-min-... (line 203)
    setProgId(Object conn=XMLHttpRequest tId=0, Object scope=window, undefined)yui_core-min-ffd8... (line 36)
    setProgId()yui_core-min-ffd8... (line 36)

if(YD.inDocument('fsssButton')&&goGetSlideshowSWF){fullScreenSlideshow.resumeFet...

For reference, all I'm doing in my javascript is adding another YUI button to the altViews div next to the slideshow button. I'm sure there's a possiblity that I'm doing something wrong to trigger this, but right now I can't see how so I thought I'd post anyway in case this lines up with any other reports of missing slideshow buttons or javascript errors.

I'll be looking into it more tonight.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    Strange, we HAD a race condition that gave us problems from time to time - but I thought I had fixed it with this last push. I will take another look though, you want to point me to a specific page you have in mind where the problem is?
    jfriend wrote:
    I haven't fully gotten to the bottom of this problem and I have to do something else for a little while, but I think there is some sort of "race condition" betwen the first ajax call returning with the thumb data for the page and the creating of the slideshow button.

If I run other code on onDOMReady, then I get the following Javascript error and no slideshow button appears in my page.

Here's the error from the Firebug console:

fullScreenSlideshow.resumeFetch is not a function
    rawAjaxThumbs(1, 369387035)gallery_ajax-min-... (line 60)
    handleSuccess(Object tId=0 status=200 statusText=OK)gallery_ajax-min-... (line 203)
    setProgId(Object conn=XMLHttpRequest tId=0, Object scope=window, undefined)yui_core-min-ffd8... (line 36)
    setProgId()yui_core-min-ffd8... (line 36)

if(YD.inDocument('fsssButton')&&goGetSlideshowSWF){fullScreenSlideshow.resumeFet...

For reference, all I'm doing in my javascript is adding another YUI button to the altViews div next to the slideshow button. I'm sure there's a possiblity that I'm doing something wrong to trigger this, but right now I can't see how so I thought I'd post anyway in case this lines up with any other reports of missing slideshow buttons or javascript errors.

I'll be looking into it more tonight.
  • Options
    micknewtonmicknewton Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    4. Clicking the "Save Changes" button on the "Crop Thumbnail" page causes a "Bad Response From Server" error. Pressing F5 to reload the page gets me the following message:

"It looks like this photo is currently being processed already. It can take a minute or so for the crop to show up in your gallery. Please check there in a few minutes (you may have to reload), and report any problems to SmugMug customer service."

When I click the "your gallery" link, it takes me back to my gallery and the thumbnail is cropped as it should be.
  • Options
    {JT} wrote:
    Strange, we HAD a race condition that gave us problems from time to time - but I thought I had fixed it with this last push. I will take another look though, you want to point me to a specific page you have in mind where the problem is?

Thanks for responding, but I now think it IS my code causing it. It is a race condition where if the slideshow button is created before my code runs, my code causes a problem. If my code runs before the slideshow button is created, no problem. So, I don't think it's a race condition in your code. It looks like I can change my code to avoid it.

One problem I am having is that these dynamically created YUI buttons with uncertain timing for when they are getting created makes it hard for me to consistently insert objects (other buttons) before or after them in my code. My code is running at onDOMReady time.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited September 28, 2008
    The new buttons in my galleries have moved and are now covering my descriptions on the left.

http://jagcreations.smugmug.com/gallery/6091307_gpTkP#382455003_pV8tW

It wasn't like this two days ago.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Thanks for responding, but I now think it IS my code causing it. It is a race condition where if the slideshow button is created before my code runs, my code causes a problem. If my code runs before the slideshow button is created, no problem. So, I don't think it's a race condition in your code. It looks like I can change my code to avoid it.

One problem I am having is that these dynamically created YUI buttons with uncertain timing for when they are getting created makes it hard for me to consistently insert objects (other buttons) before or after them in my code. My code is running at onDOMReady time.

JT, I still am having an issue where I can't seem to get reliable timing for adding buttons alongside Smugmug buttons. Sometimes mine are added before yours and sometimes yours are added before mine. Most of the time that just causes an order difference, but I could see other times where it could be worse, particularly if I was trying to modify your buttons.

The root of the problem is that if you add things at onDOMLoaded time and we are trying to modify things at onDOMLoaded time, then suddenly our timing relative to one another becomes important and not controllable. In particular, I see a different order of events if the page is loaded from scratch vs. from the back button. And, even loaded from scratch is not always consistent. I feel like I need an event to hook onto that signifies that Smugmug is done with all of it's manipulations with the page. With so many dynamically created buttons now, this is a fairly new problem. onPhotoShow works in the Smugmug view as a signal for when the thumbs and main image are loaded, but that only works in that view and isn't what I want to wait for when I'm trying to do something in the static chrome area (like around the Buy button or the Share button.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited September 30, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    The new buttons in my galleries have moved and are now covering my descriptions on the left.

http://jagcreations.smugmug.com/gallery/6091307_gpTkP#382455003_pV8tW

It wasn't like this two days ago.ne_nau.gif

hellooooo...is this thing on???

I noticed that other smuggers are not having this problem. Why are my buttons all the sudden messed up???? Its quite annoying as I cannot navigate very easily around it? Any help is appreciated! Its been 4 days now.eek7.gif

EDIT...
    apperantly when I sign out the buttons are fine. When I sign in the buttons are to the left and out of place. What gives?
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2008
    JAG wrote:

I noticed that other smuggers are not having this problem. Why are my buttons all the sudden messed up???? Its quite annoying as I cannot navigate very easily around it? Any help is appreciated! Its been 4 days now.eek7.gif

EDIT...
    apperantly when I sign out the buttons are fine. When I sign in the buttons are to the left and out of place. What gives?

I'd suggest you go to the customizing forum and ask over there. It likely has something to do with your customization perhaps conflicting with some recent site changes. Since none of us can see what's wrong (if it only happens when you're logged in), a screen shot of what's going on would probably increase your chances of getting useful help.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    palakpalak Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 1, 2008
    Arrange Photos
    Here's my big problem. the arrange photo by filename doesn't work on galleries with lots of photos (~1000 in my gallery) in which i've uploaded all of it in sections.

What i did:
    1. created a gallery
    2. started uploading my 1000 pics
    3. upload got interrupted
    4. finished the upload the next day
    5. successfully upload all photos
    6. went to "Arrange Photos"
    7. hit the by filename option

Result: The sort works but somehow segments the sorting by date upload result in #580-1000 showing first (in order) and then #1-579 showing second (in order).

This is really frustrating because manually fixing this will take way to much time. i still can't get it to work and it's happened multiple times when i have alot of images in the gallery.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    palak wrote:
    Here's my big problem. the arrange photo by filename doesn't work on galleries with lots of photos (~1000 in my gallery) in which i've uploaded all of it in sections.

What i did:
    1. created a gallery

Result: The sort works but somehow segments the sorting by date upload result in #580-1000 showing first (in order) and then #1-579 showing second (in order).

This is really frustrating because manually fixing this will take way to much time. i still can't get it to work and it's happened multiple times when i have alot of images in the gallery.

Are you 100% sure you have sort by filename enabled properly. Sorting galleries in Smugmug can be confusing because there are a couple (sometimes conflicting) ways to get sorts. Did you set "Auto Sort" in the customize gallery screen to "filename"?

Or alternately you can set Auto Sort to None and then in the Tools menu choose "Sort" and pick "Filename". The first method will keep it sorted, even if you upload new photos. The latter method does a one time sort. Either should work, but if one doesn't work, I'd suggest trying the other.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    arthousephotographyarthousephotography Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Google maps & Sumgmug search
    Thando wrote:
    Something not working right? Might be a bug, reply here. Give us all the details you can. Anything that might be relevant like your browser. Are you logged in? What were you doing before the problem? Send us a link to the SmugMug page you were using. Anything that you can think of to help us track down the problem.

Old threads are here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=79244
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=44268
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=40326
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=23483

Putting my query in the correct thread - please see thread here:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=936033#poststop
  • Options
    ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    micknewton wrote:
    4. Clicking the "Save Changes" button on the "Crop Thumbnail" page causes a "Bad Response From Server" error. Pressing F5 to reload the page gets me the following message:

"It looks like this photo is currently being processed already. It can take a minute or so for the crop to show up in your gallery. Please check there in a few minutes (you may have to reload), and report any problems to SmugMug customer service."

When I click the "your gallery" link, it takes me back to my gallery and the thumbnail is cropped as it should be.

Is this still happening? What browser are you using?
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2008
    JAG wrote:

EDIT...

Is this still happening? If so, what browser?
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2008
    palak wrote:

What i did:
    1. created a gallery

Is this Arrange Photos the one in the Photo Tools menu? The Sort Feature that appears on the left side of that tool is buggy. We're aware of it and we are looking into it. If that is not the tool that you are referring to, let us know.
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    Downloading sales report, get a blank file. If you choose to open the file immediately you get all the data, if you choose save that gets a file with all the colums, headers etc but no info. Very odd.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    FisheadFishead Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    Blank stats
    when I go to my stats I get a "no hits yet" page if I go to last months pages and then foward to current month the page shows up?
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    I think there's a bug in the comment form where website info entered into the "links" field is not being processed as a link. A couple of us have tried every way possible we could think of, and just can't get it to work anymore. headscratch.gif

And not a bug, but man that spam challenge thing is tiny almost impossible to read. It took me three tries to post a test comment on my site.
  • Options
    Erick LErick L Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    My site is not loading at the moment. I checked some other people's sites and they seem fine.

EDIT: Working now. I installed Exif Viewer plugin (using FF3). It worked fine, then I couldn't load my site at all but other sites seemed fine. Uninstalling the plugin made things normal again. I knew Exif were useless. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    glad2badadglad2badad Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited October 14, 2008
    Gallery Photos not loading???
    Hi. Using IEv6...

None of my galleries will load photos after selecting the gallery to view. The gallery loads, but no photos. It was working fine yesterday afternoon.

Something going on?

Thanks.

http://www.misterbsphotography.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    glad2badad wrote:
    Hi. Using IEv6...

None of my galleries will load photos after selecting the gallery to view. The gallery loads, but no photos. It was working fine yesterday afternoon.

Something going on?

Thanks.

http://www.misterbsphotography.com
    They load here in IE6. Try clearing your cache, might be a corrupt cookie.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
This discussion has been closed.