Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    DrRichCoxDrRichCox Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2008
    Sort not working?
    I'm having trouble sorting by using the customize gallery feature autosort.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2008
    cadguru wrote:
    for me, even when I am logged in, I still have to enter my password again to get into the control panel....weird.
    I only find this happens if closing the browser when logged in and opening it
    again. You'll still be logged in and be able to change most things but have to
    log in again if you go to the customizing page. It's extra security they added
    in case you log on somewhere else and shut down without logging out I think.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2008
    agallia wrote:
    Since the Tools upgrade a few days ago, I have discovered that certain photos in my galleries cannot be viewed at XL or larger sizes???? Not all photos...just certain ones that worked fine before. Clicking on XL or larger brings up view window which continuously says "loading..." but no photo.

Also, Slideshow hangs up on those galleries when it reaches the problem photos that can't be enlarged.

Please help. Thanks.
    Bump.
    Seems to be happening on certain galleries, not all???
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    MazlimMazlim Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Hi,

I haven't had to use my tools menu for a little while now and so it wasn't a big issue, but now that I would like to arrange photos etc....

I know that it says that the tools menu has moved next to the 'Add photos' button. However, for some reason I am not able to see this entire panel of buttons at all when I have entered a gallery? I have tried to enable easy-sharing, external links, etc in the gallery but I cannot get them to show.

Is there something wrong with the way that I have set up my galleries? I did do some customisation, but it was more a copy and paste job (I'm not sure what I did, really).

Also, I have my Control Panel button AND a link to my control panel when I log into smugmug, so did my tools menu button do a runner on me? (I see pics in all the help pages where the "Tools Menu" button is between "Add Photos" and "Buy" buttons, but mine isn't) ne_nau.gif

-Maz.
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Mazlim wrote:
    Hi,

I haven't had to use my tools menu for a little while now and so it wasn't a big issue, but now that I would like to arrange photos etc....

I know that it says that the tools menu has moved next to the 'Add photos' button. However, for some reason I am not able to see this entire panel of buttons at all when I have entered a gallery? I have tried to enable easy-sharing, external links, etc in the gallery but I cannot get them to show.

Is there something wrong with the way that I have set up my galleries? I did do some customisation, but it was more a copy and paste job (I'm not sure what I did, really).

Also, I have my Control Panel button AND a link to my control panel when I log into smugmug, so did my tools menu button do a runner on me? (I see pics in all the help pages where the "Tools Menu" button is between "Add Photos" and "Buy" buttons, but mine isn't) ne_nau.gif

-Maz.
    In your css section look for the following line:

#altViews { visibility: hidden; }

Add this line under it:

.loggedIn #altViews { visibility: visible; }
  • Options
    MazlimMazlim Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    richW wrote:
    In your css section look for the following line:

#altViews { visibility: hidden; }

Add this line under it:

.loggedIn #altViews { visibility: visible; }

Thank you thank you!! clap.gif
  • Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    clscdk wrote:
    The link to the most important function is gone? What's up with that?

I now have some weird buttons on the top of my screen when logged in. But the link to my control panel is gone?

How can this be? The control panel link is the most important link!

Please somebody get the control panel link back.

Old: 100176842_PKc6C-L.png
    New: homepage-buttons3.jpg
  • Options
    UmbrisUmbris Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Thumbnail Cropping Bug(s)
    I posted this in a separate thread, so I apologize for the cross post.

There are bugs related to cropping thumbnails to a square 1:1 format.

1. The Tools>Many Photos>Adjust Thumbnails does not work for bulk adjusting thumbnails to a square format.

2. Tools>Crop Thumbnails to crop to 1:1 format seems to work about 80% of the time, with no discernible pattern. After waiting several minutes and attempting to crop again, this message appears:
    It looks like this photo is currently being processed already. It can take a minute or so for the crop to show up in your gallery. Please check there in a few minutes (you may have to reload), and report any problems to SmugMug customer service.
    3. Tools>Crop Thumbnails to crop to 1:1 format sometimes cause previous crops to revert back to their original uncropped format. Again, there is no discernible pattern.

Please let me know if you need more information.
    Alan

But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be.
    - John Keating

http://umbris.com
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2008
    agallia wrote:
    Bump.
    Seems to be happening on certain galleries, not all???
    Bump.
    This is becoming a real problem so I'll restate what is happening. Certain photos in my galleries, usually duplicate copies moved from other galleries, do not display above XL size and do not show in slideshow. I have even deleted them and put new copies back in. Seems they might display a few times then, all of a sudden, the problem is back. The only thing that might be different with the same filename copies is that I modified captions or keywords. But this doesn't seem to be a problem with other photos.

Example of problem: Photos #16 & 17 in gallery/6338251_b49mV#411298701_RFFQV

Please advise as I no longer have faith that other fiiles in other galleries are still uncorrupted.
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    TonyLTonyL Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    I only find this happens if closing the browser when logged in and opening it
    again. You'll still be logged in and be able to change most things but have to
    log in again if you go to the customizing page. It's extra security they added
    in case you log on somewhere else and shut down without logging out I think.

thanks Allen
    -Anthony

APL Photography || My Gear: Bunch of 4/3rds stuff
    Facebook: Friend / Fan || Twitter: @aplphoto
  • Options
    ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    agallia wrote:
    Bump.
    This is becoming a real problem so I'll restate what is happening. Certain photos in my galleries, usually duplicate copies moved from other galleries, do not display above XL size and do not show in slideshow. I have even deleted them and put new copies back in. Seems they might display a few times then, all of a sudden, the problem is back. The only thing that might be different with the same filename copies is that I modified captions or keywords. But this doesn't seem to be a problem with other photos.

Example of problem: Photos #16 & 17 in gallery/6338251_b49mV#411298701_RFFQV

Please advise as I no longer have faith that other fiiles in other galleries are still uncorrupted.

I'm pretty sure this has to do with recent changes to the way that we make a 2nd copy. If you notice, the Make a Copy tool is now very fast. However, in looking at your photo's information and in using a test photo of my own, I am seeing that the XL sizes are not there. We're terribly sorry about this. It's something that slipped through our testing when we upgraded that tool. Because it does copy the original, you can rotate the photos and it will generate the right sizes. I've done this for you with thee photos you mentioned above.
    So, this problem began on the 30th of October. Any copying you made before that time will be fine. Again, we are VERY sorry about this. We'll get it fixed.
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Thando wrote:
    We'll get it fixed.
    thumb.gif Thanks to you and Ivar (and everyone else at SmugMug) for getting this worked out.
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2008
    Thando wrote:
    I'm pretty sure this has to do with recent changes to the way that we make a 2nd copy. If you notice, the Make a Copy tool is now very fast. However, in looking at your photo's information and in using a test photo of my own, I am seeing that the XL sizes are not there. We're terribly sorry about this. It's something that slipped through our testing when we upgraded that tool. Because it does copy the original, you can rotate the photos and it will generate the right sizes. I've done this for you with thee photos you mentioned above.
    So, this problem began on the 30th of October. Any copying you made before that time will be fine. Again, we are VERY sorry about this. We'll get it fixed.
    Thanks. Will your "fix" take care of all the copies I made and moved to other galleries since Oct 29? Or do I have to go back thru my galleries and try to "repair" them individually? Is there any way to see which files I copied/moved after Oct 29? I see no way to get that info?

Finally, is this "bug" still crawling around affecting new copy/moves?

Thanks for your efforts...
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    agallia wrote:
    Thanks. Will your "fix" take care of all the copies I made and moved to other galleries since Oct 29? Or do I have to go back thru my galleries and try to "repair" them individually? Is there any way to see which files I copied/moved after Oct 29? I see no way to get that info?

Finally, is this "bug" still crawling around affecting new copy/moves?

Thanks for your efforts...

Wow, you ask questions that I don't like to answer. Because they could be viewed as bad news. No, the fix will not go back and fix all the photos. It will just be on the tool itself but won't regenerate any viewing sizes for photos. You'll have to go back and make the changes yourself. When you do some things like upload or Make a Copy of a photo, it updates the time stamp for the gallery. So, the gallery will show a new Date Updated time. So, you should be able to see the galleries that have date updated on or after the 30th and know that you did something in those galleries. Yup, this bug will still affect photos until we fix it as the bug is in the tool itself and we can't really get around it without turning the tool off completely. Sorry about the bad news.
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2008
    Thando wrote:
    Wow, you ask questions that I don't like to answer. Because they could be viewed as bad news. No, the fix will not go back and fix all the photos. It will just be on the tool itself but won't regenerate any viewing sizes for photos. You'll have to go back and make the changes yourself. When you do some things like upload or Make a Copy of a photo, it updates the time stamp for the gallery. So, the gallery will show a new Date Updated time. So, you should be able to see the galleries that have date updated on or after the 30th and know that you did something in those galleries. Yup, this bug will still affect photos until we fix it as the bug is in the tool itself and we can't really get around it without turning the tool off completely. Sorry about the bad news.
    Hi, Thando! Hey, I really like the avatar!!! Thanks for feedback. So any idea when tool will be fixed? How will we be notified? So, for the time being, when I copy/move a file, I need to rotate back/forth to manually make fix, right?

Thought I had a rotate problem on a particular small 800x835 file but finally rotated after about 15-20 minutes. Okay now.

Again, thanks to the Smugmug team for great support!
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    wasiganwasigan Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Photo captions cutting off on gallery slideshows
    I reported this last week and Andy replied that it was a bug and it would be fixed, but it hasn't been fixed (sorry if I didn't give it more time).

Some of my galleries have photo captions, and they display fine when you view the photo individually. But when you play the gallery slideshow, some of the captions cut off in mid-sentence.

See this gallery:
    http://nomad.smugmug.com/gallery/6421535_GywPP#406727370_u4SZ2
    Photo #8

The word bubble displays the caption when you scroll over it or view it individually, but play the slideshow and you'll see it cuts off.

Can anyone help fix the bug?
    thanks
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    wasigan wrote:
    Can anyone help fix the bug?
    thanks
    No, not anyone, only Shizam, and he's working on a new offering right now- but right afterwards, he's promising to fix this and a couple other Slideshow bugs.

Sorry.
  • Options
    tammyktammyk Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Mazlim wrote:
    Hi,

-Maz.

same for me! I tried doing the .loggedIn #altViews { visibility: visible; }

that didn't help either
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2008
    tammyk wrote:
    same for me! I tried doing the .loggedIn #altViews { visibility: visible; }

that didn't help either
    I'd like to help you, not a bug but customizing that we can do in just a few seconds for you :D BUT- we need to know your website name :D
  • Options
    wasiganwasigan Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Thanks Andy! Didn't know how long some bugs take to fix so I appreciate the response.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 8, 2008
    Umbris wrote:
    I posted this in a separate thread, so I apologize for the cross post.

There are bugs related to cropping thumbnails to a square 1:1 format.

1. The Tools>Many Photos>Adjust Thumbnails does not work for bulk adjusting thumbnails to a square format.

2. Tools>Crop Thumbnails to crop to 1:1 format seems to work about 80% of the time, with no discernible pattern. After waiting several minutes and attempting to crop again, this message appears:
    It looks like this photo is currently being processed already. It can take a minute or so for the crop to show up in your gallery. Please check there in a few minutes (you may have to reload), and report any problems to SmugMug customer service.
    3. Tools>Crop Thumbnails to crop to 1:1 format sometimes cause previous crops to revert back to their original uncropped format. Again, there is no discernible pattern.

Please let me know if you need more information.
    Just a bump for this issue, I am experiencing the same problem as well (posted in this thread).
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    Make a copy
    I just clicked make a copy of a photo on page 5, Smugmug style, and the
    copy showed up as the first photo in the gallery. Not good, it used to show up
    next to the original.
    Also adjusted the copy with picnik and the filename disappeared.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    VenturiVenturi Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited November 8, 2008
    CSS bug with Share Photo
    Greetings. First post to the forum and I'm already complaining. :D

I'm encountering a problem with the Share Photo functionality that just started happening last night. It looks like a CSS problem to me. The attached screencap should explain what I'm seeing.

I'm running linux, Firefox 3.0.3. I tested with Konqueror browser as well and see the same thing. I had my partner test on her XP machine in FF and it displays correctly. Tested on other SM users' sites and I get the same garbling of the links so (whew) it doesn't appear I mucked anything up in my own CSS - but my site is http://www.jimgillispie.com/

NOTE: I'd been planning to upgrade to the latest version of SuSE and figured if there was an issue with FF that the upgrade would fix it - so I just performed the install this evening to a freshly formatted drive, and am still seeing the garbled display.

Thanks!
    Jim
  • Options
    OppsOpps Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    Non-ascii chars in slide show
    It looks like the slideshow doesn't always handle chars like å, ä and ö
    --
    Jan Erik Moström
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 8, 2008
    square thumbs bug
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Just a bump for this issue, I am experiencing the same problem as well (posted in this thread).
    The problem has now also manifested itself in the Dgrin Challenges gallery. Greensquared uploaded the latest batch of winners to the gallery, set all to square using Tools>Many Photos>Adjust Thumbnails. Now, not only are the recent additions not square, but all the previous photos, that were square, have reverted to original.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited November 8, 2008
    Venturi wrote:
    Greetings. First post to the forum and I'm already complaining. :D

I'm encountering a problem with the Share Photo functionality that just started happening last night. It looks like a CSS problem to me. The attached screencap should explain what I'm seeing.

I'm running linux, Firefox 3.0.3. I tested with Konqueror browser as well and see the same thing. I had my partner test on her XP machine in FF and it displays correctly. Tested on other SM users' sites and I get the same garbling of the links so (whew) it doesn't appear I mucked anything up in my own CSS - but my site is http://www.jimgillispie.com/

NOTE: I'd been planning to upgrade to the latest version of SuSE and figured if there was an issue with FF that the upgrade would fix it - so I just performed the install this evening to a freshly formatted drive, and am still seeing the garbled display.

Thanks!
    Jim
    Hi Jim - sorry, FF on Mac & Win doesn't show this. We'll see what might be able to be done. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    The problem has now also manifested itself in the Dgrin Challenges gallery. Greensquared uploaded the latest batch of winners to the gallery, set all to square using Tools>Many Photos>Adjust Thumbnails. Now, not only are the recent additions not square, but all the previous photos, that were square, have reverted to original.
    We'll check on it, E. Thanks
  • Options
    VenturiVenturi Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited November 9, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Jim - sorry, FF on Mac & Win doesn't show this. We'll see what might be able to be done. Thanks.
    Thanks for the reply Andy. This just started happening Friday evening. I had been in my site Friday afternoon and it was displaying correctly. The pop-up still works in that when you click it copies the URL to the clipboard; you just can't read anything on the screen.
  • Options
    tpowertpower Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    Upload not working tonight
    When I try the upload (simplest), nothing happens. I have used this facility many times successfully before. Is something wrong with the system tonight? I am running IE 7.0.
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    tpower wrote:
    When I try the upload (simplest), nothing happens. I have used this facility many times successfully before. Is something wrong with the system tonight? I am running IE 7.0.
    Yes. It'll be fixed soon.
This discussion has been closed.