Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #29: They're Playing Our Song (Exclusive Monthlong Challenge)

Comments

• Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    achambers wrote:
    Unfortunately we don't go to the competing truck night. The people there are less controlled, it's hard to place an investment like this somewhere where someone might get out of control and total it. I'm not sure if any of the other bogs that we travel to are running in July.

Reminds me of the races in Talladega back when I lived there.. Thousands of drunk fans running around everywhere.. it was chaos...eek7.gif
  • Options
    achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Reminds me of the races in Talladega back when I lived there.. Thousands of drunk fans running around everywhere.. it was chaos...eek7.gif

Yep, that's it, some of them are driving too.
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2009
    achambers wrote:
    Yep, that's it, some of them are driving too.

I know.......... that's the scary part of it.. and your up there in the mud right by the lunatics..!!! Like I said,, you are brave... ha ha...:D

Well,, I better get back to work before I run out of time..

I like your idea for the song theme, mwink.gifand it will be interesting to see what you end up coming up with, hope to see it on the CC boards...

Will have to go check out your galleries later too...thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing.. I have never met a Mudtographer before.. hehehe...

Kat
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    I still don't see how you keep the lens clean.headscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gif

I've learned/developed a 6th sense about when to turn away and hunch over my camera. Doesn't always work though.

583158559_GNzUA-M.jpg

583158495_tWPNM-M.jpg

583158671_Z2JoT-M.jpg

This was a normal night after knocking the heavy stuff off.
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    wow,, that is a lot of trucks.. Heck,, I would just shoot the entire show and then post it all on the smugmug account and let everyone log on and buy prints of their own truck.. lucrative for sure.. Men love their toys...thumb.gif

About 2/3 are street trucks/daily drivers. It's hard on your truck. Living proof, i'm in the process of rebuilding the motor in my jeep (daily driver) after mud got where it wasn't supposed to.
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

• Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    achambers wrote:
    About 2/3 are street trucks/daily drivers. It's hard on your truck. Living proof, i'm in the process of rebuilding the motor in my jeep (daily driver) after mud got where it wasn't supposed to.

So that's why my husband has an S10 sitting in his parents garage and calls it his future dream toy. I dream in light kits and lenses...he dreams in chassis and tires large enough for a child to stand in. rolleyes1.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    So that's why my husband has an S10 sitting in his parents garage and calls it his future dream toy. I dream in light kits and lenses...he dreams in chassis and tires large enough for a child to stand in. rolleyes1.gif

Yep, we run 44 inch tall tires on it nowadays. You need a 6 foot stepladder to do a tune-up. When he bought it it was a frame scraping lowrider.

The big truck that was sold ran 60 inch tires
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

• Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    Anybody get any good firework shots Saturday night? Here's a quick composite of what I got:

582483460_U6Kqm-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    achambers wrote:
    I've learned/developed a 6th sense about when to turn away and hunch over my camera. Doesn't always work though.

583158559_GNzUA-M.jpg

583158495_tWPNM-M.jpg

583158671_Z2JoT-M.jpg

This was a normal night after knocking the heavy stuff off.

OMGOSH...................

Good Old Canon.. > Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thumb.gifbarb
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:
    Anybody get any good firework shots Saturday night? Here's a quick composite of what I got:

582483460_U6Kqm-L.jpg

Wow, Nice capture Brian....:ivar Thanks for sharing..

clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclap I wanna see everyone's firework shots... I did not get a chance to shoot any this year....

Kat
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:
    I got a bunch of decent ones, but now you got me thinking.... gimp, layers... hmmmm. I hadn't thought that far. :D wish I had thought of that last night when I was so bored.

awwww... who am I kiddin? I wouldn't know how to pull that off... but I will work on figuring it out.
    My few are here: http://donna-niemann.smugmug.com/gallery/8793856_MJxAN/1/582195790_tttb8
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    As for the challenge, here's a question. Is it enough for the picture to represent the song title, in a literal sense? Or does the picture need to represent the song itself. For example, thinking of U2's latest, "No Line on the Horizon," I have a photograph that, due to fog, nicely blurs the line.on.the.horizon. But I have no idea what the actual song is about. So my question is, do the rest of the lyrics matter?
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    I got a bunch of decent ones, but now you got me thinking.... gimp, layers... hmmmm. I hadn't thought that far. :D wish I had thought of that last night when I was so bored.

awwww... who am I kiddin? I wouldn't know how to pull that off... but I will work on figuring it out.
    My few are here: http://donna-niemann.smugmug.com/gallery/8793856_MJxAN/1/582195790_tttb8

ohh come on now Donna.. Lets see ya give the firework composite a run.. It would be great layer and masking practice for ya..:Dthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    ohh come on now Donna.. Lets see ya give the firework composite a run.. It would be great layer and masking practice for ya..:Dthumb.gif
    It's gonna take some reading, playing and working to figure out how to make that work. I tell you, I know very llittle about any of that.
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    ghinson wrote:
    As for the challenge, here's a question. Is it enough for the picture to represent the song title, in a literal sense? Or does the picture need to represent the song itself. For example, thinking of U2's latest, "No Line on the Horizon," I have a photograph that, due to fog, nicely blurs the line.on.the.horizon. But I have no idea what the actual song is about. So my question is, do the rest of the lyrics matter?

The way I read it is that you sound be able to tell the song title by looking at the picture. So, your photo would make sense with that song I think.

Everyone, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    The way I read it is that you sound be able to tell the song title by looking at the picture. So, your photo would make sense with that song I think.

Everyone, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

15524779-Ti.gif That's the way I read Kerry's first post here - that it is impotant for your image to reflect the song title.
    Emily

• Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    It's gonna take some reading, playing and working to figure out how to make that work. I tell you, I know very llittle about any of that.

In PS:

1. FILES/SCRIPTS/LOAD FILES INTO STACK
    2. Select your files and check CREATE SMART OBJECT AFTER LOADING LAYERS
    3. Once everything loads, double-click on the Smart Object icon in the lower right of the image in the layers window. This will open all of the layers into a single separate image.
    4. Go to that new image, CTRL+click all the layers so that they are all selected.
    5. EDIT/AUTO BLEND LAYERS
    6. Choose STACK and check Vignette Reduction

That's it.

I used one full frame shot and then cropped some different shots so that not all of them would be in the same place in the final composite.

:D

Ah...I'm assuming you're using PS.headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:
    In PS:

1. FILES/SCRIPTS/LOAD FILES INTO STACK
    2. Select your files and check CREATE SMART OBJECT AFTER LOADING LAYERS
    3. Once everything loads, double-click on the Smart Object icon in the lower right of the image in the layers window. This will open all of the layers into a single separate image.
    4. Go to that new image, CTRL+click all the layers so that they are all selected.
    5. EDIT/AUTO BLEND LAYERS
    6. Choose STACK and check Vignette Reduction

That's it.

I used one full frame shot and then cropped some different shots so that not all of them would be in the same place in the final composite.

:D

Ah...I'm assuming you're using PS.headscratch.gif
    ah... no, but I can usually figure it out from PS instructions.
    :D I have Gimp

Thanks!!
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    Well,, I just found a posting from Cuban... He is finally posting pics of the RAAM.. You guys should check it out.. thumb.gif It is over there on the Journeys thread..
    He posted some amazing stories along with the photos..thumb.gif

Located here http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1152386&posted=1#post1152386

Kat
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:

582483460_U6Kqm-S.jpg

oh say can you see....thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    oh say can you see....thumb.gif

You know, when I was a kid, I really thought the lyrics were

"Jose, can you see?" I really didn't know who Jose was, but figured he had to be one of those historical types. rolleyes1.gif
    Emily

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    rolleyes1.gif You England, Seattle, Georgians are weird... :D
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    rolleyes1.gif You England, Seattle, Georgians are weird... :D

Why thank you :curtsey
    Emily

• Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    Emily... I can't believe I just saw that.. There is an actual spammer on the threads.. You may want to check that out...

I see 2 ads so far on the threads..thumb.gif

Sell air nike adidas shoes on www nownetshopping com

Kat
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    NO,, make that 4 ads.. oh boy,,, this person is going to fill the boards up in an hour. Hopefully someone can ax this persons account..

Kat
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    NO,, make that 4 ads.. oh boy,,, this person is going to fill the boards up in an hour. Hopefully someone can ax this persons account..

Kat

I sent a PM to Andy et al.
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    Fixed. Thanks guys.
    Emily

• Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Jeez, looks like I missed all the excitement while I was out during lunch. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    No problem... you know I actually hunted around the first one to leave CC, thinking it was a joke or play on theme at first..rolleyes1.gif

so,, Emily.. we are awaiting the next trivia challenge with baited keyboards..mwink.gif

I thought to myself, now that Kerry is gone, I might have a chance and then I remembered that the one you picked is Diva's strong point.. ughhhhhh..eek7.gif

oh well, will have to fight for the clappy..:duel:D
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Jeez, looks like I missed all the excitement while I was out during lunch. rolleyes1.gif

yep, ya missed it... and to think you could have gotten a nice pair of imported Nike shoes too.:D