Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    coach-alcoach-al Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    False alarm I guess:
    I just checked again and the sales are now there with a blank photo which is fine. I could have sworn they weren't there at all last night. Oh well. Don't worry about this one I quess.

Al
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    coach-al wrote:
    Hi,

I sold the same photo (actually a collage) to 3 people. Then realized there was a mistake in it. I went through the sales report to find out who had bought it. Then I deleted the collage and uploaded the new one. When I went back to the sales report those 3 sales were gone. I don't believe you want it to work that way. The sales still exist.

Later, Al

Al, I see three orders on your sales report with deleted images. The sales are still there, but the image (thumbnail) is not. All good?
  • Options
    coach-alcoach-al Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Al, I see three orders on your sales report with deleted images. The sales are still there, but the image (thumbnail) is not. All good?

All good.:))

Thanks
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2006
    coach-al wrote:
    All good.:))

Thanks

OH Good. wave.gif
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    Beta uploader counting-bug report
    Uploaded 2 (two) files today (approx. 3:07pm UTC+1, Mar 10 '06) drag and drop in the Beta uploader, in Flock, into a private gallery.

The Beta uploader reported to have received 3 (three) files.

rssfeed_clear.gif --> 59288078-O.gif
    rssfeed_white.gif --> 59288080-O.gif
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    Dates page filmstrip bug...
    Go to a gallery based on a date range in the filmstrip gallery style and you try to select a size from the #sizePicker you get directed to a bogus date range.

If you go to http://mikelane2.smugmug.com/date/2005-01-01/2005-12-31 and go into filmstrip mode and then change the size from whatever it is to anything else you will get directed to http://mikelane2.smugmug.com/date/2005-01-01/1/38676056 and you will get a message that says "There are no photos for date range 2005-01-01 to 1."

Also, irritatingly, the dates and keywords pages are amazingly frustrating to customize in IE and in firefox. For some reason they don't behave like a regular gallery style.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    joffunjoffun Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    Featured Gallery Duplication
    Suddenly all of my Featured Galleries are now also appearing in the normal Galleries section - so there are two of each of them on my page. I have had to click on the 'Don't Feature' button to get rid of the featured Galleries section. Obviously this means I no longer have a featured gallery section (& you won't be able to see the problem) but I am flagging it up anyway. Has something changed to make this happen?

For the record my site is www.shimmerimages.smugmug.com
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 17, 2006
    joffun wrote:
    Suddenly all of my Featured Galleries are now also appearing in the normal Galleries section - so there are two of each of them on my page. I have had to click on the 'Don't Feature' button to get rid of the featured Galleries section. Obviously this means I no longer have a featured gallery section (& you won't be able to see the problem) but I am flagging it up anyway. Has something changed to make this happen?

For the record my site is www.shimmerimages.smugmug.com

all your galleries should show up in your galleries section...are you sure you didnt have it set to display categories before and now it's set to display galleries?
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    all your galleries should show up in your galleries section...are you sure you didnt have it set to display categories before and now it's set to display galleries?

It has always been set to Display Galleries. Previously if I featured a gallery it then wouldn't show up in the gallery section below (why would I want it twice on the same page?). Now it seems that it will be featured and show up in the gallery section. So when set to display galleries it will show up twice.

One other thing I have noticed (in Firefox v1.0) is that the gallery names do not always show up - this happens randomly, as a refresh can sort it out. Is this a known issue - should I update Firefox? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2006
    joffun wrote:
    It has always been set to Display Galleries. Previously if I featured a gallery it then wouldn't show up in the gallery section below (why would I want it twice on the same page?). Now it seems that it will be featured and show up in the gallery section. So when set to display galleries it will show up twice.

One other thing I have noticed (in Firefox v1.0) is that the gallery names do not always show up - this happens randomly, as a refresh can sort it out. Is this a known issue - should I update Firefox? Thanks!

I see no feautred galleries, only five rows of four galleries.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:

in his first post he says he took off the featured galleries because of the dupes.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Andy,

As I said in my initial post, I have got rid of the featured galleries - I know it doesn't help you get to the root of the problem, but it looked really odd having everything duplicated & I wanted to change it as I am expecting a bit of traffic to my site over the next few days & I wanted it to look right!

It was just a heads up really that there seems to be an issue. When/if I restore the featured galleries I will see if there is still a problem

Joffun

EDIT: bigwebguy beat me to it!
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2006
    joffun wrote:
    Andy,

As I said in my initial post, I have got rid of the featured galleries - I know it doesn't help you get to the root of the problem, but it looked really odd having everything duplicated & I wanted to change it as I am expecting a bit of traffic to my site over the next few days & I wanted it to look right!

It was just a heads up really that there seems to be an issue. When/if I restore the featured galleries I will see if there is still a problem

Joffun

EDIT: bigwebguy beat me to it!

If you feature a gallery, and have Galleries showing, then you'll by nature have the gallery show twice on the page. Featured Galleries are to show off up to four galleries. Usually folks use them when they have

Please replicate the problem and show me please?
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    If you feature a gallery, and have Galleries showing, then you'll by nature have the gallery show twice on the page. Featured Galleries are to show off up to four galleries. Usually folks use them when they have

Please replicate the problem and show me please?

Ok - I have put them back. But I can assure you that until very recently, if I featured a gallery then it would not show up in the main gallery section. Why would I want them twice on the same page?

Hope this helps - I will stop featuring them later today.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2006
    joffun wrote:
    Ok - I have put them back. But I can assure you that until very recently, if I featured a gallery then it would not show up in the main gallery section. Why would I want them twice on the same page?

Hope this helps - I will stop featuring them later today.

You can stop featuring them now, if you like. Or you can show categories not galleries below. This isn't a bug, sorry, it's by design and it's the way the system has always worked...
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    You can stop featuring them now, if you like. Or you can show categories not galleries below. This isn't a bug, sorry, it's by design and it's the way the system has always worked...

Andy - sorry, but this isn't the way it has always worked. I have used this format for about 9 months or so & until very recently if I featured a gallery then it wouldn't show up in the main gallery section.

Clearly something has changed recently - I'm happy to stop featuring galleries but I'd appreciate it if you would look into this thoroughly with your programmers. With respect, something has changed but it appears that you may not have been entirely clear how this worked originally.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2006
    joffun wrote:
    Andy - sorry, but this isn't the way it has always worked. I have used this format for about 9 months or so & until very recently if I featured a gallery then it wouldn't show up in the main gallery section.

Clearly something has changed recently - I'm happy to stop featuring galleries but I'd appreciate it if you would look into this thoroughly with your programmers. With respect, something has changed but it appears that you may not have been entirely clear how this worked originally.

Thanks
    Hi Joffun,

I've been wrong once or twice before lol3.gif so I'll double check with Onethumb and make sure nothing's changed - sorry in advance if I am wrong, and thanks for sticking to this!
  • Options
    luke_churchluke_church Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Usage stat graphs seem wrong...
    Hi,

Sorry if this has been reported else where, I did a couple of quick searches and found nothing...

If I look at many of my graphs they say that the values of the Thumbs and Small are equal, yet the alt-tag says differently. It appears that something very odd is going on with the statgraph.mg program, it seems to be saturating at the Tiny + Thumb value and calling this 'Thumb'

For example, a call to the graph generator with
    Tiny = 135
    Thumb = 35
    Small = 1828
    Medium = 20
    Large = 8
    Original = 0

(Taken from one of my galleries)

results in:

http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/statsgraph.mg?tiny=135&thumb=35&small=1828&medium=20&large=8&original=0

Is this intentional? It is observed in practice as well, I found it fairly confusing. (IMHO)If we're going to clip to the value of Thumbs + Tiny this should at least be made clear...

Cheers,

Luke
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    looks like the customization javascript code is being duplicated the same way the css code was after the last release.

it is being included inline and in the external javascript file.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    and to add to my previous post...the export to the external file is having an encoding issue...at least with the copyright symbol

from moonriverphotography:

inline:
    rightClickWarning = "All photos are © Andy Williams - Moon River Photography. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is prohibited."

external
    rightClickWarning = "All photos are ? Andy Williams - Moon River Photography. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is prohibited."
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    and to add to my previous post...the export to the external file is having an encoding issue...at least with the copyright symbol

from moonriverphotography:

inline:
    rightClickWarning = "All photos are © Andy Williams - Moon River Photography. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is prohibited."

external
    rightClickWarning = "All photos are ? Andy Williams - Moon River Photography. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is prohibited."

Thanks Lee - I noticed that on our testing site last night, and thought it was just me! I will be sure that Don sees this.
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks Lee - I noticed that on our testing site last night, and thought it was just me! I will be sure that Don sees this.

JT Says that we should be using &copy so I guess it was my fault, not a bug.
  • Options
    MarkSBMarkSB Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    Video transferring & customization script gone?
    When I went to my site today (piworks.smugmug.com)
    there is a message in the bottom bar saying:
    "transferring data from video.google.com..."

What is that from? I haven't seen it before. It goes on forever...?

Also, I went to remove the video I have on the site,
    but there is no SCRIPT in the customization area!?

Can anyone please advise on this?

Thank you!

<Gone for coffee...0840 PST)
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    MarkSB wrote:

You a video linked from video.google.com in your footer - you know that, don't you? :D
    That's why your site needs to access the Google Video page.

Actually it's in the footer from every page I checked on - I don't know if that is what you wanted to do. As a visitor I would find that kind of annoying as I don't see any connection between James Cameron and your site, but that's just me.

Hope this helps,
    Sebastian

EDIT: Just saw that you want to remove the video. Have a look in the footer-section - there you should find it.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    JT Says that we should be using &copy so I guess it was my fault, not a bug.

mmkay, but my first post still stands.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    Sebastian

EDIT: Just saw that you want to remove the video. Have a look in the footer-section - there you should find it.[/quote]

Thanks, the google link just hadn't been showing before now, was wondering if it was now sucking my bandwidth more.

Also, this is now the problem: there is NO SCRIPT in the customization area!?

UPDATE: This happens using Firefox, but not when using IE.
    Anyone?
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    MarkSB wrote:

Also, I went to remove the video I have on the site,
    but there is no SCRIPT in the customization area!?

Can anyone please advise on this?

Thank you!

<Gone for coffee...0840 PST)

<div align="center">
    <embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?videoUrl=http://vp.video.google.com/videodownload?version=0&secureurl=lgAAAJOxrOKocB-hqMnST2FaHJdLJ_LMOWwfKjvTecVagm-JDqj7mU0Z5AZJ8VPknGJIt_M5TDg5pJ_LD95O_XDKP0-rT7Hu86v8W3-rmgA1TGq4_XlseIwgSftBTwHKp2jiitcp9OWyaQ8LlAH8PbIjFVCAG8zbVV8KMO38GyD0m76h4Z5e2TLeZJjuVSh2UVYlprIW8ZRiUuncO8EFlty6LRk&sigh=NUoMy0jPDZEUnBqCAZIvo0LUVhE&begin=0&len=5542332&docid=-6094754487761817768&amp;thumbnailUrl=http://video.google.com/ThumbnailServer?contentid=7fd840adc483415f&second=5&itag=w320&urlcreated=1140462162&sigh=M1e1MzjK6DE-CRuZLvmYDDoP4ig&amp;playerId=-6094754487761817768&amp;playerMode=embedded&quot; allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" scale="noScale" wmode="window" salign="TL" > </embed>
    <div align="center">

I removed these bits from your footer customization (that you had put in).
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    could you please put this in context, I have no clue as to what you are saying ne_nau.gif

Sorry, the customization html codes are not present when I go to change them using Firefox.
    When I opened the site with Internet Explorer the codes are where they belong (on the customization page).
    For some reason, I can not access customization using Firefox.

Also, I just tried to enter a test customization using Firefox, but got the message: "Firefox cannot find the server at smugmug.com."
    Does this make any sense? I am new using Firefox, maybe it is an access/cookie thing, though I have not noticed any other problems using it yet.
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    MarkSB wrote:
    Does this make any sense? I am new using Firefox, maybe it is an access/cookie thing, though I have not noticed any other problems using it yet.
    Clear all cookies and temp files. Log out. Log back in, be sure you are loggin in as account owner. Should be fine.
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Clear all cookies and temp files. Log out. Log back in, be sure you are loggin in as account owner. Should be fine.

Thanks, Andy, tried it just now, but, still no customization settings showing with Firefox.
This discussion has been closed.