Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    A couple of issues have cropped up since the latest changes to smugmug (new cart) were implemented...

I often find that pictures don't load in my galleries after using a photo tool or clicking on a keyword. The gallery loads, but not the thumbnails or pictures. Reloading the page fixes the problem. But it happens a lot and never happened before the new cart. (using firefox 2)

The second problem isn't really a bug but it is a change that prevents me from accessing my galleries from my work computer. Previously, before the new cart, I couldn't use the smugmug style from work but traditional worked fine. If I used smugmug style, i'd get a blank gallery that never loads (similar to what i described above). But I could just switch to Traditional and it would work fine. Since the new cart, changing the style has no effect. So i'm completely unable to view any galleries unless they are set to traditional style in the gallery customization. Any idea why that changed and whether or not it could be changed back to the old way?

Dave
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    When I edit captions, there isn't a 'save' or 'cancel' button to do so. It's been this way for at least 3 days that I know of. ne_nau.gif

Thanks!
    Lindsey
    Hi Lindsey it's being fixed today, we hope!
  • Options
    Pete291Pete291 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Buggy
    Andy wrote:
    Did you find a bug? Ooops, tell us all about it!

Please reply to this thread and tell us what exactly is (not) happening. What operating system and browser are you using? Are you logged in or logged out? Please give us a link to where you see the problem. Let us know everything that you feel may be relevant, as it may help us to track down the problem.

Just for reference,
    Older Bug Reporting threads on Dgrin:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=44268
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=40326
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=23483

I don't have Customize buttons for my galleries; there is no Visitor View button; nor are there Save and Cancel buttons on editing captions. Is everybody getting this or just me? I haven't seen any news about it. I assume I'm logged on; my website is www.PeterDeCamp.com. My browser is IE7; OS is Vista.

Pete291
  • Options
    hyachtshyachts Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Pete291 wrote:
    I don't have Customize buttons for my galleries; there is no Visitor View button; nor are there Save and Cancel buttons on editing captions. Is everybody getting this or just me? I haven't seen any news about it. I assume I'm logged on; my website is www.PeterDeCamp.com. My browser is IE7; OS is Vista.

Pete291

Pete - this is a known issue with buttons in IE (just 7? I don't know that part). They're working on it and, as Andy's last post says (right above yours) they hope(d) to have it fixed today.
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2008
    hyachts wrote:
    Pete - this is a known issue with buttons in IE (just 7? I don't know that part). They're working on it and, as Andy's last post says (right above yours) they hope(d) to have it fixed today.
    Aaaaaand it's live and fixed.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    black on black text on the "Map This" page
    There is a bunch of black on black text on the "Map This" page. FF2 & IE6.

http://maps.smugmug.com/?feedType=geoAlbum&Data=3760688_ty5Tu
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Andy,

I still don't have the 'save' or 'cancel' buttons. I've logged out/rebooted/refreshed and still nothing even though others say they have them now after it's fixed. Do you want me to PM my account login/password? Sorry to be a pain in the rear!! Thank you for all your help.

Lindsey
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2008
    Andy,

I still don't have the 'save' or 'cancel' buttons. I've logged out/rebooted/refreshed and still nothing even though others say they have them now after it's fixed. Do you want me to PM my account login/password? Sorry to be a pain in the rear!! Thank you for all your help.

Lindsey
    Lindsey, please email our help desk right now and we'll set you up. We need your site name, yes.
  • Options
    NWMtnGuyNWMtnGuy Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Search Results bug
    I seem to have found a search-related bug. When searching for something that I KNOW is a keyword for several photos I am getting fewer hits than expected. In fact, the search results look like this:

smugmug_search_problem.jpg

At first glance the screen looks OK so it took me a moment to see the problem. Only two thumbnails show up, but a quick look at the header or footer shows that there were really seven results. Seven seems like the approximate number of hits I should have had for this particular search term, so I'm inclined to believe the number is correct.

I have tried reloading the window, searching again, and have even emptied my browser cache. The results are inconsistent. Sometimes one thumbnail shows up, sometimes two. But never seven. Does this count as a bug? :cry

Dale

EDIT: I just went back and tried searching again and now it is displaying all seven thumbnails. Maybe whatever was going on was temporary, though I'm still worried that the behavior seems inconsistent.
  • Options
    rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Aaaaaand it's live and fixed.

I'm on a PC at school running win xp pro / ie 6 and/or 7 (depends on which pc) and i don't have any of those home page logged in 'buttons' (visitor view, etc) showing... :cry

hmmm...

all is well at home on my iMac g5 safari and FF so its not a biggie for me just wondered if this is still an issue for others? ne_nau.gif

rich56k
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    rich56k wrote:
    I'm on a PC at school running win xp pro / ie 6 and/or 7 (depends on which pc) and i don't have any of those home page logged in 'buttons' (visitor view, etc) showing... :cry

hmmm...

all is well at home on my iMac g5 safari and FF so its not a biggie for me just wondered if this is still an issue for others? ne_nau.gif

rich56k
    School is blocking png images I'm betting. Or they have binary and script behavior toggled off on IE.
  • Options
    rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    School is blocking png images I'm betting. Or they have binary and script behavior toggled off on IE.

Sounds logical...Thanks Andy thumb.gif
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • Options
    haleyimageshaleyimages Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    not sure if this is customization or a bug
    Problem is detailed here: http://digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=98629

Changes were made to the nav bar on my site www.haleyimages.com to use images instead of straight text, and now the nav bar extends under the control panel buttons when logged into the site. When I click on the Control Panel button, my browser is pointed to my "about us" link (which is incorrect on the nav bar.) I also cannot select the view in a gallery when logged in due to what I assume is the same issue.

Again, not sure if this belongs here or in the customize thread... so I posted in both.

Thanks

Adam Haley
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    Problem is detailed here: http://digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=98629

Changes were made to the nav bar on my site www.haleyimages.com to use images instead of straight text, and now the nav bar extends under the control panel buttons when logged into the site. When I click on the Control Panel button, my browser is pointed to my "about us" link (which is incorrect on the nav bar.) I also cannot select the view in a gallery when logged in due to what I assume is the same issue.

Again, not sure if this belongs here or in the customize thread... so I posted in both.

Thanks

Adam Haley
    You probably played with some margins and now things are overlapping.
    When you do that you need to also add a logged in margins version to
    return the margins so the control buttons have room.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    haleyimageshaleyimages Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    You probably played with some margins and now things are overlapping.
    When you do that you need to also add a logged in margins version to
    return the margins so the control buttons have room.

Allen - thanks for the reply, but I am not sure exactly how or what I need to do... can you point me in the right direction?
  • Options
    hanerhaner Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    Posted a potential bug here http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=98504 but there's no reply so here goes:

When attempting to customize a gallery, I'm changing the Auto sort option under Look & Feel to By date modified. At the top, I'm saving it as a custom quick setting but when choosing this same custom quick setting on another gallery, the Auto sort option is defaulted to None, instead of By date modified.
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2008
    And another bug which support is still figuring out and I haven't had a reply in a day, when color correcting galleries of images through i2e, then uploading them to smugmug, the sort option does not pick up the EXIF data for date taken. This is causing problems when I'm going to upload pictures from multiple cameras to the same gallery where they all need to be sorted by date taken.
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2008
    haner wrote:
    And another bug which support is still figuring out and I haven't had a reply in a day, when color correcting galleries of images through i2e, then uploading them to smugmug, the sort option does not pick up the EXIF data for date taken. This is causing problems when I'm going to upload pictures from multiple cameras to the same gallery where they all need to be sorted by date taken.
    Are you stripping the exif? ear.gif I don't see this other thread you are speaking of :)

Dustin will check on your other bug report re: customize gallery.
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Are you stripping the exif? ear.gif I don't see this other thread you are speaking of :)

Dustin will check on your other bug report re: customize gallery.

I definitely didn't strip the exif since it's still there. I can clearly see all the data in the call out on each image. It wasn't posted in a thread, but rather in an email to support which is still open. Hopefully this is a bug and can be resolved soon. I just used the manual sort by date time taken and it's not sorting properly.
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2008
    haner wrote:
    I definitely didn't strip the exif since it's still there. I can clearly see all the data in the call out on each image. It wasn't posted in a thread, but rather in an email to support which is still open. Hopefully this is a bug and can be resolved soon. I just used the manual sort by date time taken and it's not sorting properly.
    Link to the photo please? ear.gif
  • Options
    TCSTCS Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    blazer wrote:
    Ya know, I really like Smugmug. I really do! :D 98% of the site is absolutely perfect. I believe Smugmug is the only site that actually has it right. bowdown.gif I've been extremely happy with my experience so far.

However, it bugs me that some things still don't work since I signed up in April. The whole smugcards thing. Still doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? But it just freezes at "Click 'Categories' Below and Choose and Occasion"

So I just wanted to once more say how much I've enjoyed my Smugmug experience and look forward to a bright future with them. :encore

There is much to read on this site that I don't know where to start. I am new...
    I am having the same problem with the cards, I have IE7.0

Christine
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2008
    TCS wrote:
    There is much to read on this site that I don't know where to start. I am new...
    I am having the same problem with the cards, I have IE7.0

Christine
    Cardmaker is broken on the live site, fixed internally and we'll get it out - and with some new cards, and then more in the future as well.

Sorry :(
  • Options
    TCSTCS Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Cardmaker is broken on the live site, fixed internally and we'll get it out - and with some new cards, and then more in the future as well.

Sorry :(

Hi Any,

You guys are so patient with endless questions. I really appreciate your efforts and patience.
    Great service.

Christine
  • Options
    ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    Bill_Pador wrote:
    Here ya go Thando, this gallery is one of the latest this problem occurred and is the same as it was the day I uploaded the photos and the key words are still in tact like they were with the ";" in them preventing them from showing

http://billpador.smugmug.com/gallery/5048134_Rd5fc/1/315750761_AWpQt

Yes, this is a bug. I'll make sure it's reported. I used the Edit Captions/Keywords tool from the Photo Tools menu to remove semicolon and the keywords showed up for all the photos. I didn't have to do that for each photo, just all of them at once. I know it's work around, but hopefully we'll have it fixed soon. Sorry about the inconvenience.
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 9, 2008
    Thando wrote:
    Yes, this is a bug. I'll make sure it's reported. I used the Edit Captions/Keywords tool from the Photo Tools menu to remove semicolon and the keywords showed up for all the photos. I didn't have to do that for each photo, just all of them at once. I know it's work around, but hopefully we'll have it fixed soon. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Will they also make it so the file name of the pic does not automatically get added to the keywords too? My file names are initials and numbers and do not mean anything in a key word. Each picture has a different number and I have to remove them one at a time. Also when I add bulk words to the keyword the tool automaticly adds a " to it and it wont show. I have to go and remove them using the bulk edit saying remove " too. This is on top of having to do what you have said about the semicolon.
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Don't know if this is a known bug... but just UL'd an album, then created other folders where I moved images from the orig folder to the created folders. The thumbs in the new folder were orig square and I've since changed the thumbs back to original... but more than 24 hours later they still show square in the following folders.

http://moorefoto.smugmug.com/gallery/5363766_jNkDX
    http://moorefoto.smugmug.com/gallery/5363743_bjbUw

Can someone please look into this for me? I'm seeing this in both IE6 and FF 2.0.0.15.

Thanks....
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2008
    Seymore wrote:
    Don't know if this is a known bug... but just UL'd an album, then created other folders where I moved images from the orig folder to the created folders. The thumbs in the new folder were orig square and I've since changed the thumbs back to original... but more than 24 hours later they still show square in the following folders.

http://moorefoto.smugmug.com/gallery/5363766_jNkDX
    http://moorefoto.smugmug.com/gallery/5363743_bjbUw

Can someone please look into this for me? I'm seeing this in both IE6 and FF 2.0.0.15.

Thanks....

Both those galleries have Original thumbnails. I'm not seeing square thumbnails. It seems like it was just delayed. I wish that I had more information for you, but at this point I really can't tell why it took so long to adjust the thumbnails for you.
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2008
    pilotdave wrote:
    A couple of issues have cropped up since the latest changes to smugmug (new cart) were implemented...

I often find that pictures don't load in my galleries after using a photo tool or clicking on a keyword. The gallery loads, but not the thumbnails or pictures. Reloading the page fixes the problem. But it happens a lot and never happened before the new cart. (using firefox 2)

The second problem isn't really a bug but it is a change that prevents me from accessing my galleries from my work computer. Previously, before the new cart, I couldn't use the smugmug style from work but traditional worked fine. If I used smugmug style, i'd get a blank gallery that never loads (similar to what i described above). But I could just switch to Traditional and it would work fine. Since the new cart, changing the style has no effect. So i'm completely unable to view any galleries unless they are set to traditional style in the gallery customization. Any idea why that changed and whether or not it could be changed back to the old way?

Dave

I can recreate this with FF2 on WinXP. No other browsers within my reach do this. It's strange because I can't seem to replicate on other accounts yet. Honestly, I'm scratching my head right now, but will keep banging away on this.
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2008
    Thando wrote:
    Both those galleries have Original thumbnails. I'm not seeing square thumbnails. It seems like it was just delayed. I wish that I had more information for you, but at this point I really can't tell why it took so long to adjust the thumbnails for you.
    OK... They are all orig format now. Yep, I also have no idea why it took so long. But hopefully this bug, if it is, gets caught...
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2008
    SmugShot iPhone bug
    Hi! Just thought I'd let you know that I found a bug in the iPhone app (which, while slightly buggy, pretty much rocks). When you change the upload gallery to a new one, it always goes back to "Smugshot" gallery.

I'm trying to set it up so that hubby has his own gallery and, when I get my iPhone, I'll do a new one for myself that's separate.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.