Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    haleyimageshaleyimages Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    I've been trying to update my "about us" page and every time I click "edit" to change the text and html coding, I do not get the normal text box. It disappears all together.

I've shut down and restarted my computer. No joy. Running Mac OSX 10.4, most current version of Safari.

http://floridag8r.smugmug.com/gallery/2907020
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    I've been trying to update my "about us" page and every time I click "edit" to change the text and html coding, I do not get the normal text box. It disappears all together.
    http://floridag8r.smugmug.com/gallery/2907020

Hi Adam,

You really killed the gallery description there with tons of unclosed < p> tags. < p> tags require a closing < /p> tag. I believe you were intending to use < br> tags that just produce a line feed and don't need to be closed.

I've fixed the page up again and you should be able to edit it again.

In case you wonder how I was able to do it: I replaced your nickname with www and therefore went to www.smugmug.com/gallery/2907020 . That displays the gallery without customizations and allows you to click 'customize gallery' to edit the gallery description the old fashioned way.

Cheers,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited May 16, 2008
    Private gallery not showing in states
    I have a private password protected gallery that I put up about the end of last month. It was showing in the stats last month and just a couple days ago it disappeared? It no longer is showing in last months stats either. Has there been a change that I am unaware of? All of my other galleries are there...including the private ones with no password. Thank you for your time.
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited May 17, 2008
    Poof!
    JAG wrote:
    I have a private password protected gallery that I put up about the end of last month. It was showing in the stats last month and just a couple days ago it disappeared? It no longer is showing in last months stats either. Has there been a change that I am unaware of? All of my other galleries are there...including the private ones with no password. Thank you for your time.

Never mind...went in for the second time today and it had magically reapeared sometime this afternoon. Totally weird.
  • Options
    pavepave Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Did you find a bug? Ooops, tell us all about it!
    When I open the photo information floating dialog and move it over a video thumbnail (on the list of thumbnails), the "play" icons are not covered by the dialog (they appear on top of it).
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2008
    photorank seems to think my baby is ugly
    I've seen this twice now... always when a gallery first opens.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2008
    pave wrote:
    When I open the photo information floating dialog and move it over a video thumbnail (on the list of thumbnails), the "play" icons are not covered by the dialog (they appear on top of it).

Confirmed... neither seem to have a z-index in the html. The info bar and throbber both do however.

Update:

I stand corrected, the .moviePlayButton has a z-index in the css of 10.

Adding a z-index of 20 to the .exifBox section in the CSS via firebug fixes this.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
  • Options
    babybottombabybottom Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited May 21, 2008
    smugmug style not working
    I am logged in. When I change the style at the top of the page, there are no images showing. I wait, it nevers shows any. Traditional, slideshow, all thumbs, etc. all work, not smugmug style though.

http://www.photographybyoneil.com
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2008
    babybottom wrote:
    I am logged in. When I change the style at the top of the page, there are no images showing. I wait, it nevers shows any. Traditional, slideshow, all thumbs, etc. all work, not smugmug style though.

http://www.photographybyoneil.com
    It has something to do with your customization. It works in Firefox 2, not in IE7. In this gallery: http://photographybyoneil.smugmug.com/gallery/4469857_pVaHJ/1#263914092_wCwhu, if I go to the generic version of that gallery which displays without your customizations http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/4469857_pVaHJ/1#263914092_wCwhu, it works fine. If I were you, I'd temporarily try removing pieces of your customization until it works in order to find out which piece is causing the problem.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    babybottombabybottom Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited May 21, 2008
    thanks! I got it! under customize, for community, I had appearance community checked instead of smugmug. Thanks so much!

Diane
    jfriend wrote:
    It has something to do with your customization. It works in Firefox 2, not in IE7. In this gallery: http://photographybyoneil.smugmug.com/gallery/4469857_pVaHJ/1#263914092_wCwhu, if I go to the generic version of that gallery which displays without your customizations http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/4469857_pVaHJ/1#263914092_wCwhu, it works fine. If I were you, I'd temporarily try removing pieces of your customization until it works in order to find out which piece is causing the problem.
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2008
    Share not working on unlisted gallery?
    I posted a video and some photos in an unlisted gallery with easy share enabled. However there is no share button for me ne_nau.gif
    The gallery is http://bradfordbenn.smugmug.com/gallery/4874400_zHuXs/1/298828956_7kMkJ#298828956_7kMkJ
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2008
    I posted a video and some photos in an unlisted gallery with easy share enabled. However there is no share button for me ne_nau.gif
    The gallery is http://bradfordbenn.smugmug.com/gallery/4874400_zHuXs/1/298828956_7kMkJ#298828956_7kMkJ

I see a share button on that gallery.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    FuronoFurono Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2008
    Firefox Upload stopped working today, crashes browser.
    I'm at work and tried uploading today using Firefox 2.0.0.14 and Windows XP which I've been able to do before. It just hangs my Firefox and I have to have windows quit application. The Java runtime icon shows and nothing happens and I can't use Firefox at all after that. This was on the "Simple" and "Drag&Drop" methods of upload. IE 6 is fine.

Java Version Java version 1.6.0_05 (Windows XP)

Did something change? Ill have to try my home computer later.

Thanks

Steve
    Steve Nelson
    Tour Leader - DPRK
    Uri Tours
    SmugMug - photos.japanphotos.jp
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2008

Bad Bug writer Bad Bug writer ... I did not write enough descriptions

This happens to me with Firefox 2.0.0.14 on a Mac and on Windows XP Pro SP2 same version of Firefox. I get the share button in the upper right, but that is the share button to send it via e-mail. I do not get a share button that gives me the code to put in quickly and easily for Forums and Blogs.

I wanted to try to embed just a link to the Video and was not able to figure out how to do that.headscratch.gif
    -=Bradford

• Options
    edited May 22, 2008
    I get the share button in the upper right, but that is the share button to send it via e-mail. I do not get a share button that gives me the code to put in quickly and easily for Forums and Blogs.

It's the same share button, there's a "tab" at the top of the resulting page to switch between "send an email" and "get a link". It will remember which you were on if you have cookies enabled.
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2008
    cabbey wrote:
    It's the same share button, there's a "tab" at the top of the resulting page to switch between "send an email" and "get a link". It will remember which you were on if you have cookies enabled.

Got it now, thanks. I did not notice that before.
    -=Bradford

• Options
    edited May 23, 2008
    Furono wrote:
    I'm at work and tried uploading today using Firefox 2.0.0.14 and Windows XP which I've been able to do before. It just hangs my Firefox and I have to have windows quit application. The Java runtime icon shows and nothing happens and I can't use Firefox at all after that. This was on the "Simple" and "Drag&Drop" methods of upload. IE 6 is fine.

Java Version Java version 1.6.0_05 (Windows XP)
    Try updating your java as I believe version 06 is all ready out. Go to www.java.com and click on 'free java download'.

Let us know on how that works out.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2008
    cabbey wrote:
    I've seen this twice now... always when a gallery first opens.
    Any chance that you can replicate this somehow? We would have to narrow this down further. Does it maybe always happen on the same photo or gallery?

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2008
    cabbey wrote:
    Confirmed... neither seem to have a z-index in the html. The info bar and throbber both do however.

Update:

I stand corrected, the .moviePlayButton has a z-index in the css of 10.

Adding a z-index of 20 to the .exifBox section in the CSS via firebug fixes this.
    Thanks guys. I added this info to the report on the problem in connection with the theme selection menu.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    flash crash also
    Hi guys, I also have had a problem with the new slideshow and never use it. I updated my Java and that didn't help. I consistently get a crash with slideshow [and my photos are very small reduced bytes]. I'm glad to read the previous posts about the caching. Makes sense.

Problem #2
    I also get a crash of anything open on my desktop when I try to copy and paste more than 3 or 4 photo urls. from smugmug to another site. The last 3 weeks I consistently get crashes while doing posting from my albums to DPreview in a post. It appears to be an error during backbutton use while in smugmug. I believe it was a java script error the last time this happened about 8 months ago.
    I get this error report:
    SetImportFunctions failed in EC-EWP.CoreImpl::OnLibraryLoaded
    then anything open crashes. A few times even my Paintshop Pro with photos in it....ughhhhh.
    A few times a photo url trying to open has a weird ending. [in the bar at the bottom of page hanging up] that should end normally in for instance L.jpg M.jpg etc, instead ends with a 'original' ",",",); which is very strange script.

I've looked thru google searches for this on Library error and read to uninstall Canon EasyPrint and reinstall, also Adobe flash9 . People in forums have said reinstalling flash9 does not help. I will try that next. I do not have this problem with other forums or photographic websites. It really does seem to be a 'backspace click' problem. [for instance when you copy a url, paste it onto another site or your forum. then backspace back to the page before, where all my photo thumbs are to choose the next one.]

Problem 3:
    Since yesterday, from my smugmug homepage -when I click on my control panel, all my stat/comment/controls options are gone and instead there are the Most Popular thumbnails, below them just Friends, Photo communities, and keywords are ALL that show up on my control panel page.

Also missing is all the options for uploading, when I click on ' add photos to this gallery' there is a notification that I do not have permission to upload, denied, cannot continue. Thats new! lol
    The IE upload is gone, It's a blank box with no uploading choice available. But when hovering the browser arrow, I can find the pop up text name for uploaders and get to it from there. When I find "Replace IE" I can get to the IE upload box. But none options are visable.
    I'm becoming houdini!
    I'll check back, and thanks for any help on this, and all you guys do.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    Netgarden wrote:
    Hi guys, I also have had a problem with the new slideshow and never use it. I updated my Java and that didn't help. I consistently get a crash with slideshow [and my photos are very small reduced bytes]. I'm glad to read the previous posts about the caching. Makes sense.

Problem #2
    I also get a crash of anything open on my desktop when I try to copy and paste more than 3 or 4 photo urls. from smugmug to another site. The last 3 weeks I consistently get crashes while doing posting from my albums to DPreview in a post. It appears to be an error during backbutton use while in smugmug. I believe it was a java script error the last time this happened about 8 months ago.
    I get this error report:
    then anything open crashes. A few times even my Paintshop Pro with photos in it....ughhhhh.
    A few times a photo url trying to open has a weird ending. [in the bar at the bottom of page hanging up] that should end normally in for instance L.jpg M.jpg etc, instead ends with a 'original' ",",",); which is very strange script.

I've looked thru google searches for this on Library error and read to uninstall Canon EasyPrint and reinstall, also Adobe flash9 . People in forums have said reinstalling flash9 does not help. I will try that next. I do not have this problem with other forums or photographic websites. It really does seem to be a 'backspace click' problem. [for instance when you copy a url, paste it onto another site or your forum. then backspace back to the page before, where all my photo thumbs are to choose the next one.]

Problem 3:
    Since yesterday, from my smugmug homepage -when I click on my control panel, all my stat/comment/controls options are gone and instead there are the Most Popular thumbnails, below them just Friends, Photo communities, and keywords are ALL that show up on my control panel page.

Also missing is all the options for uploading, when I click on ' add photos to this gallery' there is a notification that I do not have permission to upload, denied, cannot continue. Thats new! lol
    The IE upload is gone, It's a blank box with no uploading choice available. But when hovering the browser arrow, I can find the pop up text name for uploaders and get to it from there. When I find "Replace IE" I can get to the IE upload box. But none options are visable.
    I'm becoming houdini!
    I'll check back, and thanks for any help on this, and all you guys do.
    Linda, this is weird stuff alright - I'll get you help.
  • Options
    jnolanjnolan Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 25, 2008
    Cannot switch back from square to original thumbnails
    I am unable to switch back to original thumbnails in this gallery: http://jmn.smugmug.com/gallery/4995756_8ZHmg/1/299558336_G9psn

There was a video in the gallery. I've temporarily moved it, but am still having no luck reverting back to original thumbnails.

Any help welcome... thanks!
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 25, 2008
    jnolan wrote:
    I am unable to switch back to original thumbnails in this gallery: http://jmn.smugmug.com/gallery/4995756_8ZHmg/1/299558336_G9psn

There was a video in the gallery. I've temporarily moved it, but am still having no luck reverting back to original thumbnails.

Any help welcome... thanks!

Hi,

Try deleting your browser cache and cookies to see if that helps. If not, holler back.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/cookies
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    jnolanjnolan Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 25, 2008
    Hi Barb
    Barb wrote:
    Try deleting your browser cache and cookies to see if that helps. If not, holler back.

Thanks - have cleared the cache and cookies, but no luck. Out of interest I tried Firefox 2.x too (normally use IE7) but still no joy.

John
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2008
    Thnx Andy. I've included here screen shots of missing buttons for uploading, control panel is missing the top part where stats/controls, replaced by 'most popular photos-which I have not enabled]. Also the button for uploading after dragging the photos into IE uploader is missing. I can only upload in the IE method [which I love, ordinarily] when I try to just click on the right side of the white 'drag and drop box' until it finally clicks it. [you can not see that yupload button at all] Also no save button on all 'customize gallery' pages.
    Could this because of the PC being older and not recognizing new css or javascript? I have presently the most recent java update and tried uninstalling the recent flash9, to no avail.
    Link here may give a clue:??
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb403072&sliceId=1
    or
    http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/
    301466628_W6Z7o-XL.jpg
    top of Control panel page-no options for stats info/themes/all controls no buttons for
    301466648_iSFq5-XL.jpg

still happening, still crashing and I believe also it may be a cache problem, in accumulative pages and maybe that is why it crashes after going back abd forth through 4 or 5 pages on smugmug.. [read my post above] Thanks for any help!

May be this type problem:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb403072&sliceId=1
  • Options
    ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2008
    So, can you tell us a little bit about your system? What kind of operating system are you using? Do you have security software? Things like that. Let's start there.
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2008
    Netgarden wrote:
    Sorry for the late reply. Lets get started. What version of Internet Explorer are you using?
    I can't see if it's 6 or 7. Did you try to run Windows update to make sure that you're using the most recent version?

Also list what kind of toolbars or add-ons you have in your IE. I see a bit of a yahoo toolbar in one of your screenshots.
    To get a list of currently running add-ons, go to Tools menu > Manage add-ons and get us a list or screenshot of the currently running add-ons.

Secondly, do you have any kind of virus, firewall, ad-blocking or internet security software running along with your browser? Please list all of it, especially, the stuff that's running in your traybar (next to the clock in the Windows task bar).
    I get this error report:
    Uhm, could you get me a screenshot of that as well if it happens again? What kind of message box did that appear in? Was it from Internet Explorer? It looks vaguely similar to something else I've seen somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.
    That's actually nothing unusual and happens when you view photos in other view styles, like critique or filmstrip and possibly others, too.
    I've looked thru google searches for this on Library error and read to uninstall Canon EasyPrint and reinstall, also Adobe flash9 . People in forums have said reinstalling flash9 does not help. I will try that next.
    Did you try to remove Canon EasyPrint? I suspect that this software also embeds itself into Internet Explorer, which could be part of your problems
    Try removing Flash as well just in case.
    Problem 3:

This all sounds like a caching issue indeed. The button are most likely all there and you should see the links, if you hover over where the buttons are supposed to be. Please try clearing your browser cache and see if that all ready helps.

To clear your cache in Internet Explorer 7, click on "Tools". It's in the top right corner of the browser. Then select "Internet Options". That's going to open a new window with some options. Make sure that the "General" tab is selected. Then click on "Delete..." under the Browsing History section. That will bring up another window. Locate the "Delete Files..." button and click on that.

To clear your cache in IE6, click on "Tools" and select the "Internet Options..." That will open up a new window. Select the "General" tab. You'll see a Delete Files in the middle of the window. Internet Explorer calls Cache: "Temporary Internet Files". Just click on the "Delete Files" button.

The same applies for the control panel. Here are the direct links to all control panel sections:
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?UserID=157462#News
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?UserID=157462#Stats
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?UserID=157462#Settings
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?UserID=157462#Pro
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?UserID=157462#Customize
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?UserID=157462#Homepage
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Quzol1Quzol1 Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2008
    I just ran across a weird problem. From the DigitalGrin community home page. If you do a search, you end up with a Moon River Photography header. If you click on a key word tag it stays as a DigitalGrin header. Is Andy planning a coup d'état? :D
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2008
    Quzol1 wrote:
    I just ran across a weird problem. From the DigitalGrin community home page. If you do a search, you end up with a Moon River Photography header. If you click on a key word tag it stays as a DigitalGrin header. Is Andy planning a coup d'état? :D
    It's a dumb bug, I hope it's fixed soon rolleyes1.gif

lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2008
    Thank you rainforest. I'm using IE ver. 6.0.2900
    Windows firewall turned off. Medium web security. No toolbars. I don''t add anything to this PC, minimum security, and no pop up blockers, screen savers or freebie crud that hangs up stuff. I keep my PC clean as possible. I use adaware and norton to a minimal.
    I dumped temp files again. Uninstalled Easy Web Prints and Flash 9.
    Here is the link to uninstall flash 9 if anyone has this problem on an older PC. http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=1
    I have Windows Home version 5.1 2002. Dell Optiplex GX260
    My SP2 is updated.
    I found this about Canon Easy-Web Print and EWPCore .dll:
    quote:
    "Are you using Canon Easy-WebPrint?
    If so you might what to take a look here:
    I was intrigued by the error message the OP described in post, "EWP
    Core", as I'd never seen it posted here or anywhere else before. Googling
    "EWP Core" led me to "EWPCore.dll", and the only program I could find that
    uses that .dll file was Canon's IE Toolbar Add-on "Easy-WebPrint". That led
    to the link describing the conflict with that add-on after the install of
    KB912812. http://www.techtalkz.com/internet-explorer/424965-error-message-ewp-core.html

So far I havn't had any crashes, and my control page has the top part showing. However it includes only Stats and Referrals sections only. [I can live with that, as I can mouse over to find text pop ups for clicking on other things in the control center, lol].
    Only one album [Osprey and Ibis] still has the upper right 'add photos/themes/slideshow' buttons missing. [I can also live with that] ;~)
    Apparently it was that dll file that was causing the crash. Probably this old PC not compatible for some reason, and it may be still a cache problem. So I've reclassified this to minor problems now! Thanks again! Hope to get a new PC soon, but I have had such good performance for 7 years with this Dell and dread the hours of transferring, including alot of older freebee art plugins I use in PSP, where I have no clue where the dlls are for those. So been putting this new PC off. ;~0
    thnx again! any input appreciated!
    Sorry for the late reply. Lets get started. What version of Internet Explorer are you using?
    I can't see if it's 6 or 7. Did you try to run Windows update to make sure that you're using the most recent version?

Also list what kind of toolbars or add-ons you have in your IE. I see a bit of a yahoo toolbar in one of your screenshots.
    To get a list of currently running add-ons, go to Tools menu > Manage add-ons and get us a list or screenshot of the currently running add-ons.

Secondly, do you have any kind of virus, firewall, ad-blocking or internet security software running along with your browser? Please list all of it, especially, the stuff that's running in your traybar (next to the clock in the Windows task bar).

Uhm, could you get me a screenshot of that as well if it happens again? What kind of message box did that appear in? Was it from Internet Explorer? It looks vaguely similar to something else I've seen somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.

That's actually nothing unusual and happens when you view photos in other view styles, like critique or filmstrip and possibly others, too.

Did you try to remove Canon EasyPrint? I suspect that this software also embeds itself into Internet Explorer, which could be part of your problems
    Try removing Flash as well just in case.

This all sounds like a caching issue indeed. The button are most likely all there and you should see the links, if you hover over where the buttons are supposed to be. Please try clearing your browser cache and see if that all ready helps.

To clear your cache in Internet Explorer 7, click on "Tools". It's in the top right corner of the browser. Then select "Internet Options". That's going to open a new window with some options. Make sure that the "General" tab is selected. Then click on "Delete..." under the Browsing History section. That will bring up another window. Locate the "Delete Files..." button and click on that.

To clear your cache in IE6, click on "Tools" and select the "Internet Options..." That will open up a new window. Select the "General" tab. You'll see a Delete Files in the middle of the window. Internet Explorer calls Cache: "Temporary Internet Files". Just click on the "Delete Files" button.

The same applies for the control panel. Here are the direct links to all control panel sections:
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?UserID=157462#News
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?UserID=157462#Stats
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?UserID=157462#Settings
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?UserID=157462#Pro
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?UserID=157462#Customize
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?UserID=157462#Homepage
This discussion has been closed.