Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    Bug report:

photoInfo[ImageID] does not work on single image pages (but does on smugmug styles)

mainPhotoFileName WORKS on single image pages, but only returns the image filename from the first image viewed; not the *current* image viewed as would be expected.

David
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 25, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    Bug report:

photoInfo[ImageID] does not work on single image pages (but does on smugmug styles)

mainPhotoFileName WORKS on single image pages, but only returns the image filename from the first image viewed; not the *current* image viewed as would be expected.

David
    the photoInfo thing is not really a bug...its not meant to exist on anything but SmugMug style.

I'll look into mainPhotoFileName.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2008
    bigwebguy wrote:
    the photoInfo thing is not really a bug...its not meant to exist on anything but SmugMug style.

I'll look into mainPhotoFileName.
    I guess what I want to be able to do is have mainPhotoFileName (or whatever) == the filename of the currently viewed photo in the same way that ImageKey == the key for the currently viewed image.

David
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    It seems that the RSS feed for private galleries is acting up. I have a RSS feed to my niece and nephew photos and it is not updating anymore. Actually the error is coming from Outlook 2007 SP-1 Windows and it is "Task 'RSS Feeds' reported error (0x94904005) : 'Syncronization to RSS Feed.... etc. The link may not point to a valid RSS source."headscratch.gif
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    It seems that the RSS feed for private galleries is acting up. I have a RSS feed to my niece and nephew photos and it is not updating anymore. Actually the error is coming from Outlook 2007 SP-1 Windows and it is "Task 'RSS Feeds' reported error (0x94904005) : 'Syncronization to RSS Feed.... etc. The link may not point to a valid RSS source."headscratch.gif
    Brad,
    Could you give us at least the name of the gallery so that we can find it on your homepage? Or isn't it even on your site? Then it might be best if you could simply give us the gallery ID without the actual gallery key - just the gallery number like this: 4301529.
    If you're not comfortable posting this here on the forum, send us an email to help@smugmug.com

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2008
    Sorry, but for unlisted galleries, feeds are only available to the logged in gallery owner. As far as I know this has been like that for a long time. It's also noted in our help section:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/rss-atom-feeds
    Maybe the gallery had been public until now?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    Sorry, but for unlisted galleries, feeds are only available to the logged in gallery owner. As far as I know this has been like that for a long time. It's also noted in our help section:

This is not correct. Feeds have always worked on unlisted galleries and I've been using them for awhile. The icons don't show at the bottom of the page, but if you put the right gallery ID in a properly formatted feed URL, they have always worked and they should continue to work. The new security provisions should require the gallery ID + key for an unlisted gallery, but an RSS feed should continue to work. After all, if you can view the whole gallery in a browser with gallery ID + key, there's no reason that a feed shouldn't work with the same info.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    Doesn't this destroy every family photo frame unless the gallery is public and
    not passworded exposing their photos to the world.headscratch.gif
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    This is not correct. Feeds have always worked on unlisted galleries and I've been using them for awhile. The icons don't show at the bottom of the page, but if you put the right gallery ID in a properly formatted feed URL, they have always worked and they should continue to work. The new security provisions should require the gallery ID + key for an unlisted gallery, but an RSS feed should continue to work. After all, if you can view the whole gallery in a browser with gallery ID + key, there's no reason that a feed shouldn't work with the same info.
    John and Allen,

Well, I'm not sure on how they used to work, but if you say this is how it has been, I'll have to check with our team on if there has been a recent behavior change on feeds.
    Could you check on whether old feeds (pre key galleries with no new photos that now might require keys) still work?
    On my check, new, unlisted galleries that require a key don't return a feed when you're logged out and provide the key along with the gallery ID (simply attache the key using an underscore to the gallery ID).

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2008
    John and Allen,

Well, I'm not sure on how they used to work, but if you say this is how it has been, I'll have to check with our team on if there has been a recent behavior change on feeds.
    Could you check on whether old feeds (pre key galleries with no new photos that now might require keys) still work?
    On my check, new, unlisted galleries that require a key don't return a feed when you're logged out and provide the key along with the gallery ID (simply attache the key using an underscore to the gallery ID).

Sebastian

This looks really messed up now. I have no idea how you intend for it to work, but here's the current behavior and my comments for how I think it should work. Current behavior:
    • Pre-existing public gallery: Feed URL works with or without the security key in the feed URL.
    • New public gallery: Feed URL works with, but not without the security key in the feed URL. I'm surprised that a new public gallery requires the security key, but I guess that's OK.
    • Pre-existing unlisted gallery: Feed URL does not work at all with or without the security key in the feed URL. This is busted and should work. Both of these should work. They work only if you are logged in. Thank god I changed all my picture frame galleries to public during all these security changes or all my picture frame feeds would be busted right now.
    • New unlisted gallery: Feed URL does not work at all with or without the security key. I expected it to work with the security key only.
    Here's my reasoning for what should work:

Feed URLs should work in pre-existing public galleries with or without the security key to preserve backwards compatibility for existing feeds.

Feed URLs should work in pre-exisitng unlisted galleries with or without the security key to preserve backwards compatibility for existing feeds. It currently works in neither, so I consider this a bug.

Feed URLs should work in new unlisted galleries only when the new security key is included since this provides consistent security with web browsing. This appears to be busted.

I noticed that feed URLs on unlisted galleries do work when you are logged in in the browser requesting the feed URL. Making it work sometimes and not other times is very likely to confuse the hell out of users. The feed will be working fine and then suddently stop and the user will have no idea why. In my case, I'd check the feed in the browser, see it works and then wonder why my mom's picture frame is blank. I would rather the feed fucntion have nothing to do with your logged in state.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2008

According to DevBobo of Smugmug in this thread, RSS feeds on unlisted galleries have a bug and needs to get fixed.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    According to DevBobo of Smugmug in this thread, RSS feeds on unlisted galleries have a bug and needs to get fixed.

Thanks
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    leelgleelg Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 26, 2008
    Possible Smugmug bug
    After getting our searchbox to work the way I want, I discovered a possible bug or at least an odd behavior.

When you search using keyword using the URL form:

User-ID.smugmug.com/keyword/cat ("cat" can be any valid keyword)

gallery photos are displayed which match the keywoard criteria.

Under the current gallery photo is a "tools" picklist with a couple of options (e.g. Edit this caption/keywords). When you select either option, a blank page is displayed. You must be logged on to see this.

Is this normal behavior?

thx,
    Lee
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 26, 2008
    leelg wrote:
    After getting our searchbox to work the way I want, I discovered a possible bug or at least an odd behavior.

When you search using keyword using the URL form:

User-ID.smugmug.com/keyword/cat ("cat" can be any valid keyword)

gallery photos are displayed which match the keywoard criteria.

Under the current gallery photo is a "tools" picklist with a couple of options (e.g. Edit this caption/keywords). When you select either option, a blank page is displayed. You must be logged on to see this.

Is this normal behavior?

thx,
    Lee
    Hi Lee, it is a bug that we are already aware of. Sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to have it fixed shortly.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    leelgleelg Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 26, 2008
    bigwebguy wrote:
    Hi Lee, it is a bug that we are already aware of. Sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to have it fixed shortly.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    voicelitvoicelit Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2008
    Search Can't Find File Names
    Got this from Sebastian in a reply to some questions I sent to SMugMug :

"We don't search file names. Captions, keywords, gallery names, gallery
    descriptions and gallery keywords feed the search. That's why we extract
    words from your filenames and add them as keywords. Filenames aren't
    added to the caption. They can be displayed if there is no caption, but
    they aren't indexed for searching as far as I know."

"The next photo in the gallery doesn't show up, because Andy's not in the
    caption, but in the filename:
    http://photofur.smugmug.com/gallery/4204806_Asake/1/245775532_KAALA#245775600
    It didn't get added to the keywords, because there's currently a bug.
    Filenames aren't currently added as keywords. Our engineers are aware of
    this and are looking into fixing this. My apologies for the inconvenience."

Any idea how long my uploaded file names weren't ' / aren't getting added to my keywords ? I don't remember ( months, a year) this ever being the case ?

Any way ( code, css, java, html, smugbrowser ) to go in and have in *BULK* all filenames not currently in keywords added to keywords ?

Thanks for any help,

Marty ( voicelit, photofur, http://photofur.smugmug.com/ )
  • Options
    lizzardkinglizzardking Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 1, 2008
    Smugmaps not working after jpg compression in CS3
    Hi, Im geotagging my CS3 edited jpgs via Geosetter (and keyword / captions etc)
    These upload on to smug maps fine. All in the time line, happy as can be.

If I compress these geotagged jpgs (without resizing) in CS3, or “Advanced image compressor” the tags and keywords and dates are maintained.
    After compressing and uploading, the keywords and captions are inserted correctly into my site.
    However the geotagged data does not insert. Either;
    1/ The "Map This" button does not appear, when i go to “edit geography” the correct co-ordinates appear. I click update and a random, non tagged location appears (i think the default)
    OR
    2/ The “Map This” button does appear, but in smug maps the pictures do not appear in the time line or the map. I just get the "loading photos" wheel on the right with a completed "done" webpage. Again.. when i go to edit geography the correct co-ordinates appear. I click update and a random, non tagged location appears.

I’ve been at this all day figuring out if its my compression software (ive tried all I have), compression method, my tagging software (tried a couple) my files (tried a couple of different batches), my uploader (tryed them all)<o:p></o:p>

Oh, ive also tried re-syncing the geodata from the uncompressed files.<o:p></o:p>
    And the “Geography” option in smug mug customize gallery is selected.

Can anyone help?

Here is a sample of a set of images geotagged / captioned in geosetter then compressed in cs3 and uploaded via smug browser.<o:p></o:p>

There over-compressed, but hey, ive spent all day doing this..<o:p></o:p>
    http://neilspics.smugmug.com/gallery/4432360_KS2Qh/1/260431085_dzZsC<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Thanks in advance

<o:p></o:p>
    Neil<o:p></o:p>

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 1, 2008
    Hi, Im geotagging my CS3 edited jpgs via Geosetter (and keyword / captions etc)
    These upload on to smug maps fine. All in the time line, happy as can be.

If I compress these geotagged jpgs (without resizing) in CS3, or “Advanced image compressor” the tags and keywords and dates are maintained.
    After compressing and uploading, the keywords and captions are inserted correctly into my site.
    However the geotagged data does not insert. Either;
    1/ The "Map This" button does not appear, when i go to “edit geography” the correct co-ordinates appear. I click update and a random, non tagged location appears (i think the default)
    OR
    2/ The “Map This” button does appear, but in smug maps the pictures do not appear in the time line or the map. I just get the "loading photos" wheel on the right with a completed "done" webpage. Again.. when i go to edit geography the correct co-ordinates appear. I click update and a random, non tagged location appears.

I’ve been at this all day figuring out if its my compression software (ive tried all I have), compression method, my tagging software (tried a couple) my files (tried a couple of different batches), my uploader (tryed them all)<o:p></o:p>

Oh, ive also tried re-syncing the geodata from the uncompressed files.<o:p></o:p>
    And the “Geography” option in smug mug customize gallery is selected.

Can anyone help?

Here is a sample of a set of images geotagged / captioned in geosetter then compressed in cs3 and uploaded via smug browser.<o:p></o:p>

There over-compressed, but hey, ive spent all day doing this..<o:p></o:p>
    http://neilspics.smugmug.com/gallery/4432360_KS2Qh/1/260431085_dzZsC<o:p></o:p>
    Thanks in advance

Neil<o:p></o:p>

I have spent the past few days working on maps which should address at least a few of these issues. Hopefully, the changes will be pushed live sometime next week.

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    I have spent the past few days working on maps which should address at least a few of these issues. Hopefully, the changes will be pushed live sometime next week.

David

What changes are you making David

clap.gif??
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 1, 2008
    What changes are you making David

clap.gif??

- fixed the loading throbber being displayed constantly
    - improved the address lookup by using both Google and Yahoo to search for addresses instead of just Yahoo. Also support multiple results if the searched address isn't specific
    - improved the auto-zoom code so that the correct level is selected initially so that all pins appear on the map
    - clicking image on the right hand bar now pans the map instead reloading in the centre, so it's a nicer user experience
    - clicking an image in the right hand bar no longer adjusts the zoom
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2008
    Nice Work! (NT)
    devbobo wrote:
    - fixed the loading throbber being displayed constantly
    - improved the address lookup by using both Google and Yahoo to search for addresses instead of just Yahoo. Also support multiple results if the searched address isn't specific
    - improved the auto-zoom code so that the correct level is selected initially so that all pins appear on the map
    - clicking image on the right hand bar now pans the map instead reloading in the centre, so it's a nicer user experience
    - clicking an image in the right hand bar no longer adjusts the zoom
    NT
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2008
    I Geotag, Keyword and caption my images before uploading.
    Smug mug sometimes inserts them correctly and sometimes don’t.
    EG: the images don’t appear to have keywords, but when I press edit, the correct keywords appear.
    Sometimes it all links up hours later (Up to 12 hours!)

Same with geotagging. No map this appears until I press, edit geography. then the correct co-ordinates appear. I press update and the default location appears.
    Sometimes all images appear in the time line ok. Other times, not (even with the same batch of images.)
    What is the bug with smug mug?
    My images insert 100% upload and 100% keywords and geo from flickR.
    What’s going on?
    [FONT=&quot]Why does smug mug only work half the time????

Neil[/FONT]
  • Options
    durenduren Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    Pics Out Of Order
    Hi, When I shoot with a 1D Mark III in rapid fire mode I noticed that the pics are consistently out of order in the galleries when I select the ARRANGE PHOTOS>QUICK SORT>DATE TAKEN option. All of the photos are in the correct order except the ones that have the smallest time interval between them. For example, when I take frames at 10 per second, I regularly have to go back to SORT and manually move the ones that are out of order. This is very annoying and time consuming. Could you good techie folks please lend a hand?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Bob Duren,<o:p></o:p>
    Smugmugger,<o:p></o:p>
    The Camera Man,<o:p></o:p>
    bobthecameraman.com
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2008
    duren wrote:
    Hi, When I shoot with a 1D Mark III in rapid fire mode I noticed that the pics are consistently out of order in the galleries when I select the ARRANGE PHOTOS>QUICK SORT>DATE TAKEN option. All of the photos are in the correct order except the ones that have the smallest time interval between them. For example, when I take frames at 10 per second, I regularly have to go back to SORT and manually move the ones that are out of order. This is very annoying and time consuming. Could you good techie folks please lend a hand?<o:p></o:p>
    Bob Duren,<o:p></o:p>
    Smugmugger,<o:p></o:p>
    The Camera Man,<o:p></o:p>
    bobthecameraman.com

Have you looked at the date taken on the files? Are they so close together in time that they are recorded as identical times and thus Smugmug doesn't know which one came first? Have you tried just sorting by filename (which is usually an increasing number) and also gets them into taken order?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2008
    devbobo wrote:

David
    Is it next week yet?:D None of my thumbs show on any "map this" page.

... and the popular gallery is still b0rked.
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2008
    I sent this into the heroes, but, bulk gallery pricing is messed up. At the bottom of the page, this shows up:
    < input type="hidden" name="ImageKey" value="

that's it... There's obviously a programming error on that page.

David
  • Options
    Samdiver74Samdiver74 Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Help needed
    Hi Folks
    well I recently got a laptop with Vista headscratch.gif Anyway that is not part of the problem.
    I have been able to view my Smugmug account no problem on the laptop via IE of Firefox.
    Now on my desktop machine in Firefox the pages load up but the images don't load and like wise on the about me page I have comments which don't load.
    Yet in IE they load ok.
    The errors I have noticed in Firefox via Webdevloper are as follows.

Error: missing ; before statement
    Source File: http://css.smugmug.com/include/js/user_AllanMorrisPhotography_top-20080229193404.js
    Line: 2, Column: 30
    Source Code:
    {document.location = "mailto:"Samdiver74@verizon.net;}

The Second error is this

Error: hasPath is not defined
    Source File: http://www.allanmorrisphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/4211863
    Line: 637

So my question is could either one of these prevent the images loading?
    What has changed? The system was running fine and I haven't done anything except add another album which was 2 weeks ago.
    Was / is there maintenance going on with Smugmug which could be affecting this, I don't understand how it works fine on the laptop yet I am having issues with the main computer.

Please Help
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    Samdiver74 wrote:
    Hi Folks
    well I recently got a laptop with Vista headscratch.gif Anyway that is not part of the problem.
    I have been able to view my Smugmug account no problem on the laptop via IE of Firefox.
    Now on my desktop machine in Firefox the pages load up but the images don't load and like wise on the about me page I have comments which don't load.
    Yet in IE they load ok.
    The errors I have noticed in Firefox via Webdevloper are as follows.

Error: missing ; before statement
    Source File: http://css.smugmug.com/include/js/user_AllanMorrisPhotography_top-20080229193404.js
    Line: 2, Column: 30
    Source Code:

The Second error is this

Error: hasPath is not defined
    Source File: http://www.allanmorrisphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/4211863
    Line: 637

So my question is could either one of these prevent the images loading?
    What has changed? The system was running fine and I haven't done anything except add another album which was 2 weeks ago.
    Was / is there maintenance going on with Smugmug which could be affecting this, I don't understand how it works fine on the laptop yet I am having issues with the main computer.

Please Help
    See if moving the " to the end helps. Your js is stoppng here so the other error pops up also.

lke this
    {document.location = "mailto:Samdiver74@verizon.net";}
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    I sent this into the heroes, but, bulk gallery pricing is messed up. At the bottom of the page, this shows up:
    < input type="hidden" name="ImageKey" value="

that's it... There's obviously a programming error on that page.

David
    There is, and we've fixed it internally, should be pushed to the live site this week. So sorry for the hassle on this one :(
  • Options
    glasbergenglasbergen Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    Available feeds alignment
    Not a big one, but the feeds in the available feeds section on the bottom of my homepage don't align properly. The recent videos feeds are shown lower than the recent galleries and recent photos feeds.

264967948_9SiJ4-L.jpg

I don't think it's my customization, because it happens overhere as well.

And now that we're on this subject: what happened to my popular photos feeds?
This discussion has been closed.