Options

de-lurk yourselves

Comments

• Options
    72chevelle45472chevelle454 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 3, 2007
    De-lurkitizing myself, I've been posting on other forums regularly, but I'm new here.

So far I like this forum, layout is nice and the people seem friendly.

Can you link this way?
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    De-lurkitizing myself, I've been posting on other forums regularly, but I'm new here.

So far I like this forum, layout is nice and the people seem friendly.

Can you link this way?
    [img][/img]http://i5.pbase.com/o6/84/591784/1/74791860.Aqkq6Wp5.LR7N0798.jpg

Chad

Welcome chad. No that link didnt work. I tried several ways headscratch.gif Im not that up on it all anyway but good to see you here all the same thumb.gif

Ahhh...now it appears. Did you change something ? Very cute BTW !
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Welcome chad. No that link didnt work. I tried several ways headscratch.gif Im not that up on it all anyway but good to see you here all the same thumb.gif

Ahhh...now it appears. Did you change something ? Very cute BTW !

Yep, I was trying to get a shot to show by just using a url link, I guess you have to upload to their site first. is that correct?

And thanks for the welcome :D
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2007
    Yep, I was trying to get a shot to show by just using a url link, I guess you have to upload to their site first. is that correct?

And thanks for the welcome :D
    not sure mate...ive always just used smugmug but have a read here if you like...may help your question.

Cheers gus
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2007
    gus wrote:
    not sure mate...ive always just used smugmug but have a read here if you like...may help your question.

Cheers gus

Got it clap.gif Thanks Gus!
  • Options
    PhotoMinerPhotoMiner Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 6, 2007
    Hello everyone!
    I've always loved taking pictures, but back in the ol' film days limited funds kept me from taking all that I wanted to. I took quite a few years off from photography (other than vacation snapshots) waiting for an affordable "real" DSLR and I finally could afford one in the fall of 2005. I now have a Canon 20D and a few decent lenses.

I was able to justify (rationalize?) the price of the camera so I could take pictures of my daughters in their sports. (high school band and color guard for one; ice skating for the other) Of course, this has led to me getting more involved in photography in general and it is so inspiring to see all the great photos here and on smugmug.

I have also gone pseudo-pro by setting up a pro smugmug account to sell photos from events I shoot. At the moment, this is only a mountain bike race I went to plus a few of my better "Art" shots, but will upload my daughter's sports events very soon.

Here are two of my favorite shots so far.

134048153-M.jpg

134048367-M.jpg

They are shabby in comparison to most here, but they're the best I've got for now. I'm looking forward to learning lots here and eventually taking some of those stunning photos. I'm even planning on entering all of the contests that I can - expecting to get last place but I will be elated with anything better than that.

- Dan Miner www.MinerPhotos.com
  • Options
    jtbjtb Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    I'm de-lurked
    Well, I figured someone might like my pictures (other then my family).

My name is Jesse and I'm finally really getting into the hobby I enjoy.

Here are a few pics that are some of my favorites.

134145176-M.jpg

128103485-M.jpg

134193650-M.jpg

There are a bunch more of course :D But since I'm still new, I'm trying to figure out the best way to organize (tips on that will be appreciated).

-- Jesse
  • Options
    WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Oooo, so many new people lately that I feel energized to welcome them all! I'll do everyone that posted after I did. :D

PowderHoar: cool actiony shot you've posted. I am a huge bacon fan, so I'm sure we'll get along just fine. :eat

BradfordBenn: I like those ears on your helmet, hehe. Before I got my D-SLR, I used to take a LOT of shots of myself, usually next to another person. But I have kind of T-rex like arms, and am finding it much, much harder to take those kinds of pics now!

brute: Pretty kids you have there, I will look forward to seeing lots more shots of them soon!

John Patrick: Hi John! Being able to adequately shoot my kids' sporting activities was one of my main reasons for upgrading to a D-SLR with a phat 'ole zoom lens. Really good shot you posted! I am sure you will make many a parent happy (and hopefully make some $$ for yourself) with your sports shots. I'm team parent for the first-born's baseball team, and plan on doing a ton of shooting along with a season-end slideshow. Whee! :)

72chevelle454: Hello, Chad! What a beautiful girl in the picture. I find the people here very friendly too; glad you came along.

PhotoMiner: Hey Dan! I really like that bee/flowery shot---so sharp, and the big looks great! Hope to see your sporting event shots soon.

jtb: Hiya Jesse, I love that first shot of the child in the leaves---NICE! clap.gif Hope you have a long and happy stay.

So, to all that have recently (even more than I) joined, WELCOME! 10944573-Ti.gif

happy day,

wren
  • Options
    Daniel WeinandDaniel Weinand Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 8, 2007
    Alright, I stop lurking. In the short time I am reading this forum I've seen some great work and photographers already.
    I've only started to become more serious about photography just recently - but hell do I love it! Here is what I do looks like..

omega__500.jpg

ottawa__015.jpg

alison__207.jpg
  • Options
    RearviewMirrorDCRearviewMirrorDC Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    Nice!
    Alright, I stop lurking. In the short time I am reading this forum I've seen some great work and photographers already.
    I've only started to become more serious about photography just recently - but hell do I love it! Here is what I do looks like..

Daniel -
    What an absolutely beautiful picture of the Rideau Canal and Fairmont Château Laurier! It makes me want to move to Ottawa!! Great pictures :):
  • Options
    ClaireJClaireJ Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    ClaireJ de-lurking...
    Morning from the UK - it's a lovely sunny day and I'm just finishing off my first cup of coffee. I'm new here too - I've posted once. I have been taking photos for years but only recently have I started to take it seriously. I take sports photos usually of rugby and usually of my favourite team Northampton Saints. We're really lucky as the club let us take photos from the stands. It's been an up and down season for the Saints so far with rather more down than up but on the photography side it's been great fun. Hope you like these..

127456553-L.jpg

127462248-L.jpg

127438156-L.jpg

127474456-L.jpg

Come on You Saints!wings.gif
    ClaireJ
    Northampton Saints - Images from the European Challenge Cup Champions 2009
    http://www.redhatphoto.com
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2007
    Welcome to the forum Daniel & Claire. Thanks for joining in !
  • Options
    EmekaEmeka Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 11, 2007
    Hello Everyone!!!!
    Hello everyone...although I've had a Smugmug account for some time, this is my first post here on DGrin. And it looks to be an enjoyable stay.

Below is a few of my images to give you an idea of my work.

124032085-L.jpg

68179655-L.jpg

129093117-L.jpg

79572684-L.jpg

hope you enjoyed them!!
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited March 11, 2007
    Welcome to dgrin, Emeka.

Lovely landscapes/cityscapes.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    Emeka wrote:
    Hello everyone...although I've had a Smugmug account for some time, this is my first post here on DGrin. And it looks to be an enjoyable stay.

Below is a few of my images to give you an idea of my work.

124032085-Th.jpg

68179655-Th.jpg

129093117-Th.jpg

79572684-Th.jpg

hope you enjoyed them!!

Enjoy them? They're fabulous, especially the courthouse shot.

Excellent work!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Daniel WeinandDaniel Weinand Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 12, 2007
    Daniel -
    What an absolutely beautiful picture of the Rideau Canal and Fairmont Château Laurier! It makes me want to move to Ottawa!! Great pictures :):

Thank you so much! :) Oh and Ottawa really is a wonderful city to live in (I must know - I moved here recently).

ClaireJ, I absolutely love that first picture you posted.
  • Options
    EmekaEmeka Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 12, 2007
    Thanks....
    Thank you Pathfinder and Sid...appreciate the comments :D
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2007
    Emeka wrote:
    Thank you Pathfinder and Sid...appreciate the comments :D
    More, Emeka, more!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    zanderzander Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 13, 2007
    Dumb Question
    Sorry to sound so dumb but...

I've been trying to work out - how would you define fine art photography ?
  • Options
    ClaireJClaireJ Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Thank you so much! :) Oh and Ottawa really is a wonderful city to live in (I must know - I moved here recently).

ClaireJ, I absolutely love that first picture you posted.
    Thanks Daniel - it's one of my favourites too especially when I know that that sort of impact play is the sort Bruce Reihana (chap in the scrum cap) enjoys!
    ClaireJ
    Northampton Saints - Images from the European Challenge Cup Champions 2009
    http://www.redhatphoto.com
  • Options
    blumonthewebblumontheweb Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 15, 2007
    New to Forums
    I can't walk down the street without seeing a photograph , it is in my blood and part of my being. Im just new to this Forum thing and want to understand protocol and manners. So bear with me as I learn how all this works. I am really excited to be part of your community.. thumb.gif
  • Options
    DigitalManDigitalMan Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    I have been on smugmug for some time. My favorite photography subjects include autos, flowers and landscapes. I really enjoy checking out all the amazing photographs posted here.

Here are a couple of images..
    22995888-O.jpg

74646669-O.jpg

31731228-O.jpg
    Nikon D700, 24-120mm VR, 70-300mm VR, Canon XTi, Canon 10-22mm, Canon G9, Sony R1, Sony H5, Panasonic TZ5

http://digitalman.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    First post
    Hi everyone,

It's nice to have a de-lurk post to try to post a pic :D I'm trying to do exif info also. Thanks for all the tuts, been trying to do this since yesterday. The tuts were actually very clear, but I kept making the same dumb mistake over and over. This time it shows up OK in the preview.

http://alpinelane.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=136795426 136795426-M.jpg

Thanks for looking,
    Jill
    Jill
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2007
    zander wrote:

Hoo boy, that could take a lot of words, zander.
    Sid.
  • Options
    KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    I can't walk down the street without seeing a photograph , it is in my blood and part of my being. Im just new to this Forum thing and want to understand protocol and manners. So bear with me as I learn how all this works. I am really excited to be part of your community.. thumb.gif
    I thought I was the only one that suffered from that condition! :D Although I typically see photographs when folks are running around on a field chasing a ball, hitting each other with sticks, trying to knock each other down, or jumping over things! eek7.gif

Welcome to Dgrin and we're looking forward to seeing some of the images you capture.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • Options
    JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    Not a dumb question.
    zander wrote:

It's a difficult question to answer. How does one define art? Who's point of view defines a piece of art, the creator or the viewer? This might make an interesting thread. Good luck finding answers.

Jill
    Jill
  • Options
    Phil_LPhil_L Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    By way of de-lurking and introduction :D :

The first two from around Dresden in Germany, the last a mid winter snap shot from Stockholm with a new lens.

110161184-L.jpg

109495981-L.jpg

119431583-L.jpg
  • Options
    apiercyapiercy Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    Phil_L wrote:
    By way of de-lurking and introduction :D :

The first two from around Dresden in Germany, the last a mid winter snap shot from Stockholm with a new lens.

Great shots - and welcome! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Phil_LPhil_L Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    apiercy wrote:
    Great shots - and welcome! thumb.gif

Thank you kindly apiercy! :D:D
  • Options
    blalorblalor Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    Stepping out of the shadows
    Good evening, all. A friend sent me a link to dgrin the other day and I was pretty impressed with the vibe. It'll be a struggle to keep up with yet another forum, but I think it might just be worth it. :D

A couple of shots from my (*ahem*) photostream:

355844973_7ddf22bbf7.jpg

431887606_33709e6945.jpg

414152175_af1ed976d0.jpg