Options

de-lurk yourselves

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 11, 2006
    I've Delurked....
    well i could not help myself anymore .. i have really enjoyed lurking .. but i am really looking forward to sharing and participating.
    thanks for having me..
    curtis
  • Options
    tbcasstbcass Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 17, 2006
    New to Forum, not photography
    clap.gifHello everybody. I've been a serious amature photographer for almost 40 years. I hope I can contribute something useful.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    tbcass wrote:
    clap.gifHello everybody. I've been a serious amature photographer for almost 40 years. I hope I can contribute something useful.
    wave.gif Welcome, TB!!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 18, 2006
    I like to lurk.

Being_There.jpg
  • Options
    crowcrow Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    crow landing
    hi
    new to forum, although i've lurked a few times (he he he).
    i've had a smug site for a couple of years.

hope to learn and contribute from y'all/to y'all.:D
    jfghckgvlhyvluijhb;ijol m,lll
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited July 20, 2006
    Welcome Crow. We look forward to your contributions!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    CharlaCharla Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2006
    Well, I've been lurking for a couple of days now and I figure I may as well throw my hat in the ring. Since this thread is in the sports forum I'll start off with an appropriate shot. :D

Charla
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2006
    Welcome!
  • Options
    SpringerSpringer Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 24, 2006
    How do I send you a photo?
    Joepaich@aol.com
    Springer
  • Options
    MilanMilan Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    Howdy All!
    Although I have joined this great place in March 2005, I was lurking in the digital forest ntil now. So I'm veteran lurker then I guess. :):

I'm a regural visitor to this thumb.gif place and hope I'll be able to (meaningfully) contribute, from time to time.

Anyway. Hi Everybody!
  • Options
    wmrogerswmrogers Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    De-lurking - First Post
    OK, here's my first post and I'll admit I've been lurking for about a month before signing on recently.

I've been a "point and shoot" guy all my life. You know the type, the guy who always has the camera, but never really learned how to take a good photograph. Well that has begun to change... I've invested in a Nikon D70 and have begun taking my picture taking a little more seriously. Signing onto this forum is but one step I am taking in this direction.

I have also begun building a smugmug site. I'm still on the trail offer period, but will consumate the partnership very soon. If you would like to take a quick look, here is the address:

http://wmrogers.smugmug.com/

Some of the pictures on the site are simply old snapshots i've scanned and stored for posterity, some I have taken with old point and shoot cameras, and a few are my first attempts to take good pictures. I have a lot to learn, so be gentle - but constructive critism is always welcomed!

I take photographs to document a lot of things in my work and hobbies, so the volume of pictures to be stored will be significant. I do not plan to "sell" my pictures, but because I shoot at a lot of construction industry and off-roading "events" where people may like a copy of what I have taken, this may change. I am considering the "Power Users" account due to the volume, and upgrading to "Professional" if and when i decided to market anything I do for sale.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    Welcome to the forum keep posting
    you have some very cute kids in gallery iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    Hiya Milan, hiya Mr. Rogers. wave.giflol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    glayzerglayzer Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2006
    Doing my best to customize for my employer.........
    I'm not much on forum posting, but love to use them to solve my problems. Thanks for making it easier to understand the wysiwyg world of smugmug.
    http://photogallery.airdd.com
  • Options
    theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2006
    De-lurk - Sony A100 - Photo Course in Utah?
    This is my official de-lurk post.

I want to start out by saying thanks to Digital Grin users’ feedback on the Sony A100 DSLR. I believe your comments have helped me make a decision for the better. The new Canon Rebel XTi looks like an awesome camera. Now I just need to sell my well-loved Sony DSC-F717, my pride and joy for the past three years.

Utah DGrinners: I’d like to take some photography classes here in Northern Utah (Salt Lake City to Ogden area) and don’t know where to start looking. Even though I’ve been shooting digital photos for seven years, I’d like to start out with the basic concepts. Anyone have a suggestion? What about online courses?
  • Options
    NWMavicaNWMavica Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 26, 2006
    Early morning delurker
    Hi, Folks - from the cool NW
    I was attracted here by IR photos using "my favorite", a Sony Mavica CD500.
    I've had the inclination to shoot only a few pics with my R72 filter, and IR looks do-able.
    My background is in bee research, both lab and field, and spent most of my life in Arizona. Sure is cooler up here!
    I've been a photographer, amateur and job-related, for eons, and have a closetfull of old cameras that take extinct film sizes.
    - Old John
  • Options
    docneshdocnesh Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 15, 2006
    Introductions...
    Hello everyone,

I generally don't post to forums, I signed up here because of a reference to dgrin in my smugmug messges about a system upgrade. I surfed over and sure enough I found the answer to a question I've had for months about RSS feeds of my smugmug galleries. I was impressed with how knowledgable and courteous this community is and have decided to become a part of it.

I discovered digital SLR photography about 2 or 3 years ago and have been enjoying it ever since. I am always open to advice and feedback on how to improve my pictures. As such I would like to share my galleries, http://jeffnesh.smugmug.com. Any insights you guys have on some of the wildlife and landscape photos in my "Alaskan Honeymoon" gallery would be greatly appreciated.

All the best, I look forward to participating in future discussions. Thanks.

--Jeff
  • Options
    FrankieAngFrankieAng Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    Hello Everyone,

I have been a member of DGrin for a couple of months and am enjoying the many benefits of the website. I am a career firefighter/paramedic and plan to retire with over thirty years of service in two years. I plan to supplement my retirement income through sports action photography. I current shoot sports action at two local high schools and some youth sports clubs. I have been interested in photography for about 33 years and have become most interested in shooting sports action over the past five years. I have plenty to learn and I look forward to learning alot right here at DGrin. If any Chicago-area members or other members traveling to the Chicago area would be interested in a shoot or just a cup of coffee and chat...please let me know. I have shot a couple of times with Nick (Gluwater) and have enjoyed his company very much. Thanks in advance for welcoming me among you and for teaching me how to shoot better. I hope that I can offer some assistance to you in the future as well.
    Frank
    (Pbase supporter) www.pbase.com/eng45ine
  • Options
    mlk19569mlk19569 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    Newbie here
    Hi all. I'm just starting my fledgling photo gallery and am jumping in with both feet. I hope to be able to rely on the considerable knowledge base here for both artistic advice and business advice.

I've been taking pictures since I was old enough to hold a camera. I've always hesitated becoming a "professional" because I thought it would kill my love of photography, but with the internet I think I can keep a happy balance.

Meredith
  • Options
    Mickey57Mickey57 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited September 16, 2006
    another n00b
    Hi all:
    I have been lurkiing around these pages for quite some time. That sounds so awful. My gallery has been up and running for a while, but I must admit that posting pictures here seems a little bit intimidating. There are so many wonderful photographers with amazing pictures. As a lurker I have learned a lot about digital imaging, but it is time to come out of the lurker closet.
    Once I learn how to post pictures properly I will give it a go......maybe even in the whipping post.
    This thread is a really great idea!

Dan
    mickey57
    Dan
    Mickey57
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    Welcome to all the new D/grinners. Please dont be shy & jump right into the mosh pit.
  • Options
    SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    headscratch.gif

was this always in the sports forum?
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • Options
    SpeshulEd wrote:
    headscratch.gif

was this always in the sports forum?

Yup.
  • Options
    SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2006
    ian408 wrote:
    Yup.

Ha, I never noticed until last night.

*shrug*

Oh well, I'm already de-lurked.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • Options
    MAQMAQ Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited September 18, 2006
    Newbie entering the lions den.
    Just starting out in DGrin. Have decided to leave the safety of lurking.
    I shoot mostly sports , but have to admit am curious why this would be located in sports?ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    SnufflesSnuffles Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 19, 2006
    This is my first post to the forum too. I love my camera (Nikon D50) but don't know how to use it properly to get the most from it. Next month I'm booked into a basic course so hopefully will be on my way to taking some great photos.

I could just sit and look for ages at some of the photos I've seen posted to this forum and hope to one day be posting ones that I've taken. I have already picked up valuable tips and advice while lurking.

Snuffles
  • Options
    hodad66hodad66 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    First Post
    Just stopped by to say Hi! I was following a thread on Flickr which
    was discussing lab color. I'm glad to find another venue where I
    can learn. Happy to be de-lurked...... clap.gif

medium.jpg
  • Options
    flacoflaco Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    de lurk
    Hey,

I was just uploading some photos and marveling at how well it works.

I'm a huge smugmug fan, terrible with the camera. Flaco
    96559809-S.jpg
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2006
    I just discovered this forum and am very excited to poke around. I have been with Smugmug for just over a year and LOVE it.

I'm a freelance photographer and my day-job is mom to 3 kids as well as Education Director for a professional theatre. They just hired me to do all of their show shots and while I'm stoked by their vote of confidence, I need to work on my theatre-lighting skills big time.

My dad is a professional photographer and my main source of inspiration. I think I finally talked him into a smugmug account wings.gif
  • Options
    TurnbillTurnbill Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 24, 2006
    another n00b
    Hi,

I'm new to DG, though I've been on the DPReview and Fred Miranda forums for a while. I discovered DG when someone on FM recently posted a link to a post by Rutt on Don Margulis LAB color book. It's a great thread and I was really impressed with the site.

I've been "doing" photography for about 30 years, starting with an old Canon AE-1 and switching to digital about four years ago. I've been upgrading my digital equipment almost annually, but think I've reached the pinacle with the 5D, which I purchased a few months ago (of course, there's always new lenses).

Anyway, looking forward to learning some new techniques here and to posting some pictures for comments and critque.

Bill