MelinaMelina Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 12, 2011
    Hello all,

I'm new here, student photographer from FSU. Here's some of my recent work:

[IMG][/img]1106796507_HNCbC-M.jpg
  • Options
    crustycrusty Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2011
    Was searching around for more info and came across this forum. Been using SM for a few years, so I figured I'd join and see what I can learn.

Also a long time ADV FF.
    When I'm not getting dirty, I also ride a clean bike and love to try and get better shooting it. Here's a couple shots I took yesterday

1215540037_hbVsa-L.jpg

1215359870_WrDXJ-L.jpg

My other normal subject is my daughter and her high school sports.
  • Options
    BikerRallyBikerRally Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2011
    Doh! Didn't even know I was considered a 'lurker'. That has bad connotations to it. I have way too much to do than to be 'lurking' around in here ... so, it wasn't me. I didn't do it.

Didn't even realize 'someone' was watching me. That's spooky. Now I guess I could say I feel 'violated'?

I do, from time to time, come here ... mostly because "Sabastian" won't answer my questions and instead sends me to the 'forums' to get answers. At first, I felt like that was sending me to the 'gulags', but then I found some very interesting 'stuff' out here. Mostly nothing that worked without going back and hoping I didn't get "Sabastian" for help.

This has been an interesting experience, but I didn't think I was out here long enough to be considered a 'lurker'. And just how does one log out? I thought that, list most other forums I've been on, one was logged out automatically once one had left the place. Is that not the case here? Is it like I've been logged in for two months or something ... is that how I got the 'lurker' tag?

Oh well. Now I've posted. Hopefully, I'll lose the 'lurker' tag now?
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    BikerRally wrote: »
    Doh! Didn't even know I was considered a 'lurker'. That has bad connotations to it. I have way too much to do than to be 'lurking' around in here ... so, it wasn't me. I didn't do it.

Didn't even realize 'someone' was watching me. That's spooky. Now I guess I could say I feel 'violated'?

I do, from time to time, come here ... mostly because "Sabastian" won't answer my questions and instead sends me to the 'forums' to get answers. At first, I felt like that was sending me to the 'gulags', but then I found some very interesting 'stuff' out here. Mostly nothing that worked without going back and hoping I didn't get "Sabastian" for help.

This has been an interesting experience, but I didn't think I was out here long enough to be considered a 'lurker'. And just how does one log out? I thought that, list most other forums I've been on, one was logged out automatically once one had left the place. Is that not the case here? Is it like I've been logged in for two months or something ... is that how I got the 'lurker' tag?

Oh well. Now I've posted. Hopefully, I'll lose the 'lurker' tag now?

When you logged in you most likely had the "Remember Me" checkbox ticked, which stores your signed-in status in your cookies. There's a Log Out option at the top of the page, which you can click on at any time.

Also, the message that you're talking about: we're working on that. It's been re-worded and will possibly be removed as we upgrade our look overall in the coming months.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    MerfmanMerfman Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    Unlurkin...
    Been lurking here and posted a couple of pics before but might as well make it official. I'm Merf, from Colorado Springs and lurk here to learn how to make better pictures. This one was from a recent trip to Key West.
    Sunset1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2011
    Hey, Merf! Welcome!
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    coltphotographycoltphotography Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2011
    kris and i don't get here nearly enough. rolleyes1.gif

17318800_GhRMJV#1316017171_96Km3js

see, can't even post a pic. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2011
    kris and i don't get here nearly enough. rolleyes1.gif

17318800_GhRMJV#1316017171_96Km3js

see, can't even post a pic. headscratch.gif

Welcome back!!!

You've got the wrong URL between your img tags. Check out the tutorial, here.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    bgjrbgjr Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 4, 2011
    Well, long time lurker...now officially delurking.

I've promised myself to get my SM site up to date and get my Lightroom photos processed. Sort of a New Years resolution but in June! I guess this is a good place as any to start.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2011
    bgjr wrote: »
    Well, long time lurker...now officially delurking.

I've promised myself to get my SM site up to date and get my Lightroom photos processed. Sort of a New Years resolution but in June! I guess this is a good place as any to start.

Thanks.

Good to hear! Glad to see you come out of the shadows. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    bgjrbgjr Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 4, 2011
    Thanks for the welcome.
  • Options
    mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    Well, it seems this is the place to introduce yourself - so here goes! I've been lurking for quite some time now, and finally decided to sign up and start posting. I've loved taking pictures my whole life - my favorite toy growing up were those disposable underwater cameras, I used to burn through quite a few on family vacations. I was always the family member with a camera by my side, though I never thought much about what I was doing - just a simple point and shoot set on auto...

Got my first DSLR about 2 years ago, and I've been hooked ever since. Now I'm looking to expand my love of taking pictures by taking it on part time (mostly portrait work, but I'd love to expand into doing events, like weddings, at some point) - because it's such a fantastic creative outlet, and I've found that I enjoy it so much more when there is some structure behind it (rather than just hanging out with a camera and taking a random shot here or there).

Anyway, expect to see more of me - I just posted my first thread over in the People Forum, from a few weeks ago when my best friend came to visit.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone here - and getting some much welcome feedback from everyone here - the pool of knowledge here is incredible!
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2011
    Well, it seems this is the place to introduce yourself - so here goes! I've been lurking for quite some time now, and finally decided to sign up and start posting. I've loved taking pictures my whole life - my favorite toy growing up were those disposable underwater cameras, I used to burn through quite a few on family vacations. I was always the family member with a camera by my side, though I never thought much about what I was doing - just a simple point and shoot set on auto...

Got my first DSLR about 2 years ago, and I've been hooked ever since. Now I'm looking to expand my love of taking pictures by taking it on part time (mostly portrait work, but I'd love to expand into doing events, like weddings, at some point) - because it's such a fantastic creative outlet, and I've found that I enjoy it so much more when there is some structure behind it (rather than just hanging out with a camera and taking a random shot here or there).

Anyway, expect to see more of me - I just posted my first thread over in the People Forum, from a few weeks ago when my best friend came to visit.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone here - and getting some much welcome feedback from everyone here - the pool of knowledge here is incredible!

Fantastic! Welcome, and yes, the community here is pretty amazing. Looking forward to seeing your images!
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    DavidTO wrote: »
    Fantastic! Welcome, and yes, the community here is pretty amazing. Looking forward to seeing your images!

Thanks! I love how supportive everyone is here... that's easily what separates this forum from most other photo forums out there (that, and the devotion/talent/knowledge of the users!). It's amazing how much negativity is out there!
  • Options
    eileenreileenr Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 17, 2011
    Hello! My first post was a question, but my second one was answering part of a person's question in the customization forum. I don't know if it helped them out yet, but I'm trying!

I shoot mainly in Southern California, though my first official gig on my own as a freelance photographer was in Wisconsin covering a rock climbing event. I've been lucky to have sold some of my landscape and travel photography as prints and to have been hired to do various types of photography. I think my background as a graphic designer before also going into freelance photography has been an asset not just in terms of the art of photography but also in terms of the business end of things.

My site (still mainly featuring landscape / adventure photography) is here.