Options

de-lurk yourselves

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited October 19, 2009
    Welcome SoCalAl & Crazy7 thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    SoCalAlSoCalAl Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Thank you Ian408!

As soon as I recoup a bit more and back into some kind of a routine I'll post a couple of images. I'll take all the help I can get. clap.gif
  • Options
    TNTATCTNTATC Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    Just found this and seems pretty sweet. I'd give it up to have a template making it easier to build the website I want. I'm horrible at all this code stuff.
  • Options
    TangoJulietTangoJuliet Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    TNTATC wrote:
    Just found this and seems pretty sweet. I'd give it up to have a template making it easier to build the website I want. I'm horrible at all this code stuff.

I hear ya on that one. It's too much like real work! At least Smugmug makes it a little easier than going at it blind thumb.gif .
  • Options
    FLYING EYEBALLFLYING EYEBALL Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Hello fellow dgrinners, my name is Josh. I'm another transplant from advrider.

I got my first dslr in may of this year, a D60 and just upgraded to a D90 that I got from a fellow member.

Here is my smuggy http://jskustoms.smugmug.com/

I've been doing a lot of night work in and around the seattle area.

Here are a few and a couple from the Pike Place Market a couple weeks ago. Hope you guys like them.

Want to send a big thank you to Ian408 for answering my endless list of questions.thumb.gif

672000953_eg8Bn-L.jpg

676818944_XXaTn-L.jpg

672035063_P4y4S-L.jpg

719404376_ihWv4-L-1.jpg

706979833_ednhc-L.jpg

706979120_VZeGf-L.jpg
  • Options
    MacushlaMacushla Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    I'm new to the forum and new to photography. I need a ton of help. Maybe I'll stop lurking and post a photo so I can get some much needed feedback.

I've really enjoyed lurking around the forum and I'm awed by the talent of the members. bowdown.gif
  • Options
    leegochleegoch Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    Ok ill stop lurking
    I figured I might as well join the crowd and post a picture. I saw this when I woke up this morning and said to my self "self, get your camera". I hope you all enjoy it.

775121110_piV8e-M.jpg
  • Options
    sepplettsepplett Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2010
    I would love to stop lurking and start participating, but I can't seem to post any pictures. I suppose commenting will have to do.
    Stephanie

Inspiration is everywhere you look.......
    Beauty is in the smallest details..........
    Love is a blessing..............................
    My camera is my soul to the world.....

edited April 5, 2010
    Hello... I'm de-lurking now...
    Hello, I'm Lisa...

I've been lurking for quite some time and really like the anonymity that lurking affords, seeing as I'm a bit shy...

But here's a recent pic that I took with a brand new toy (critiques that will help me improve are quite welcome).

[IMG][/img]828091014_pqxhX-L.jpg
  • Options
    EdgarEdgar Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    Hello!
    I signed up awhile ago and lurk just because I'm too lazy to sign in..Laughing.gif.
    I really enjoy this site and love to look at all the images that are posted..makes for a nice way to relax at the end of a long day.

I am just a beginner/novice and had no intentions of taking photo's. My teenage daughter saved up her money and bought a D40 a couple of years ago and started shooting. One night she had to miss my sons HS hockey game and I shot for her and fell in love with it. Now I'm hooked. I went out and bought my own D40 and just recently picked up a D90.
  • Options
    LeeHowellLeeHowell Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    I've been a SmugMug member for a few years now, and I've always seen and heard about the good times being had here at dgrin! Just never had the chance to actually stop in, say hey and participate...I was looking around for a new online photography community to join, and figured I should join the place that I already call home! thumb.gif
  • Options
    JCDaydreamJCDaydream Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2010
    delurking before I start.
    HI,
    I can't really claim to be a lurker as this is my first visit to dgrin and I figured I'd get the whole intro post out of the way straight up so that I don't become one (I've been known to lurk in other forums before). I can't wait to delve into the depths of this forum and hopefully think of something to say to contribute along the way.
    James Cole
    writer - photographer
    www.jcdaydream.com
  • Options
    OnionOnion Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2010
    Hey everyone.
    This site was recommended to me from a a member of an MMA board I am part of. Thanks to wahoo for the tip!

It took me five minutes of lurking to realize that is board is the place for me. I love feedback that is available here!
  • Options
    PaintguyPaintguy Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2010
    I did not lurk to long before diving in. I have been a casual photographer for years. Even did a few very small weddings with my wife and our Nikon FE2 back in the day. Had several smaller digital cameras but finally got my hands on a D90 and got the fever to shoot again. Learning a lot on Dgrin... glad I found this great community.

"Paintguy" was an old airbrushing nickname... now my photography alias.
  • Options
    Gary Peterson PhotographyGary Peterson Photography Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    Nice!
    Hello fellow dgrinners, my name is Josh. I'm another transplant from advrider.

Love these!
    Gary Peterson
    Gary Peterson
    Award Winning Photographer
    garypetersonphoto@earthlink.net

Winner Brides Choice Award 2017
    Winner Best of Spokane 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2015
    Winner Best of Spokane 2015
    Winner Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award 2014
    Winner Best Photographer 2013 Spokane A-List
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2013
    Winner Best of Spokane Northwest Inlander 2012
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2011
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2010
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2011
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2010

(509) 230-9785

www.actionsportsimages.smugmug.com

• Options
    tatunka2135tatunka2135 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    Hello everyone! I'm new too, got a week left on my introductory 2 weeks. I posted a few replies here and there, mostly just my two cents on some of the images. I really like it here and hope to stay on. ( Still deciding on perm. membership ). I posted a pic once but really didn't get much action on the thread so I guess I need to find a much better sample of my work to show. For now I will offer you this one:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4223/img7014u.jpg

Sorry I cant fig out how to get the image up..anyway I shot it at our local city park one day. The owner was really proud of it and I really liked the way it came out too.

Thanks
    TAat
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2010

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4223/img7014u.jpg

Sorry I cant fig out how to get the image up..anyway I shot it at our local city park one day. The owner was really proud of it and I really liked the way it came out too.

Thanks
    TAat

Just change the "url" tags with "img". Like this:

[ img ] http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4223/img7014u.jpg [ /img ]

When the spaces are removed, it looks like this:

img7014u.jpg
  • Options
    tatunka2135tatunka2135 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    Just change the "url" tags with "img". Like this:

[ img ] http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4223/img7014u.jpg [ /img ]

When the spaces are removed, it looks like this:

img7014u.jpg

Ian, you are the BOMB! Thanks for doing that for me! (In this case "Bomb" is a good thing).
  • Options
    jtalericojtalerico Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    Took the 14 day smugmug "challenge"... Ended up loosing and buying a pro account :D : kjt.smugmug.com (work in progress)
  • Options
    Lani KaiLani Kai Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 6, 2010
    Hello all. I recently joined from Southern California.
    I mostly shoot landscapes for fun, with a little bit of everything else on the side. Any comments welcome!
    http://www.koheinakamura.com
  • Options
    KotaluKotalu Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2010
    /delurk

*sigh*, I have so much to learn about photography... Upshot: I ADORE steep learning curves. Downside: I'm freakishly oversensitive to criticism. Workin' on it...

Whatever, no one wants to hear me whine. Wanna see pics? Here's my youngest:

2dwavic.jpg

Excited to be here! Please don't eat me! ;)clap.gif

K
    Kota (short for "Dakota") Lu (short for "Lucy"). Best pooches a girl could ask for.
  • Options
    ifotonutifotonut Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 4, 2010
    New here
    Hello i'm new to this great site. I have been lurking for about a year. learning what I can. Bought my first DSLR about 2 months ago, a sony a500. I upgraded from a sony h10 p/s. Ordered my first lense from B&H, a 70-200 f/2.8 for high school football. I have been spending alot of time on the sports forum.

Jeff
  • Options
    ShaneWyattShaneWyatt Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 10, 2010
    Well, hello all! My name is Shane Wyatt and I live in Traverse City, Michigan and am an enthusiastic hobbiest. I've been on Flickr (can I say that here?) for a few years and have enjoyed the sosial aspect but am looking for a better place to display some of my "work" and possiby sell a print or two! I have not signed up for SM yet (I will, I promise!) as I am trying to figure things out and do my homework first and find the discount codes!

I can also be found hanging out with the Canon gang forum POTN which has a ton of helpful members like this one!

I enjoy landscape and wildlife photography and living in beautiful northwest lower Michigan gives me plenty of subjest matter to practice this craft.

I have already learned a bit just lurking around and am sure I will gain more knowledge from this group. My goal is to be able to return the favors and hopefully be able to help a few of you out too!
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2010
    Welcome n00bs!
  • Options
    Farmer FredFarmer Fred Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    Hi,

Long time ADVer and Smugger de-lurking here. Hope to learn a few things.
  • Options
    SuperGrumpSuperGrump Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 30, 2010
    Howdy
    Long time lurker, first time caller.
    I got a used Canon XTi as an early christmas gift and I am here to learn. Which shouldn't be too hard because I don't know much !

Quarter Aces dragway, Boiling Springs, PA.
    1032757097_skYzH-L.jpg

Cheers !
  • Options
    TinksTinks Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    I'm the same person on ADV as here.

Was sent here by some other folks who told me this was the place where I could have my questions answered...crystal ball and all. lol3.gif

You know you may have a tough time shutting me up now...right?

I have a couple pictures from the last time I was in Seattle to offer up.
    100_8181.jpg

100_8063.jpg
    Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms)
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2011
    Hiya Tinks!
  • Options
    TinksTinks Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    ian408 wrote: »
    Hiya Tinks!
    wave.gif
    Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms)
  • Options
    GrfxMediaGrfxMedia Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2011
    Hi everyone,

New to the site and currently trying out SmugMug as I'm tired of seeing all the bloat and mess on other image sites < you know the ones ;) >. Was pointed here by a friend and hoping to contribute the best I can. For now you can find my stuff either on my personal site www.grfxmedia.com but mostly on Flickr here.